Duplicitous | T.N.

By sofiamariaisabel1

Aurora the sleeping beauty, damned to a boundless doze. Only true loves kiss had the power to haul her from s... More

Cast
I • 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes and 362 8800 seconds
II • Nail chewing is a bad habit
III • Little Miss too perfect for me
IV • What are you hiding?
V • True colours
VI • Prejudice
VII • Physiological warfare
VIII • That one blissful moment
IX • More Angst
X • Every time 'Great' is said, note the sarcasm
XI • Dumbledores Army
XII • Half the angel
XIII • No clubs
XIV • Pure Dread
XV • Spells and Stunning
XVI • Two graves
XVII • A sneaky bugger
XVIII • Drowning sorrows in thick liquor
XIX • Anthony Creevey
XX • Shame
XXI • Downturned Glares
XXII • A brush with war
XXIII • Red & Green Ying & Yangs
XXIV • Two Stolen Angels
XXV • Selfish Hatred
XXVI • Repeated Mistakes
XXVII • Stern memories
XXVIII • Sleeping Beauty
XXIX • To reign hell
XXX • Injuries and Assumptions
XXXI • Armestice
XXXII • Bad news at Breakfast
XXXIII • Forbidden Serpent
XXXV • Daring Lions & Crafty Serpents
XXXVI • I made a friend...
XXXVII • Almosts & Atelophobia
XXXVIII • Triumphed smiles
XXXIX • Hit me
XL • The real Fox
XLI • I can't
XLII • Concealed shames
XLIII • Pretty Blondes
XLIV • Stained, inky crushes
XLV • My father
XLVI • Various departures
XLVII • Owed Favours
XLVIII • Authentic sneers
XLIS • Parrallel || lellarraP • XLIS
L • Fantasy Letters
LI • A corpes' touch
LII • Nott acceptable
LIII • A scented boy
LIV • Cast under influence
LV • An Opal Curse
LVI • The end marks the beginning, the beginning marks the end
LVII • In the rain
LVIII • Cruel Bastards
LIX • A loathing
LX • Red handed
LXI • Deceitful doves
LXII • Once upon a dream
LXIII • The prodigal boyfriend
LXIV • Gothic fears and families
LXV • Bewitched minds
LXVI • The highs and hows of a teenage girl
LXVII • Complexion
LXVIII • Jam on toast
LXIX • Familiar Faces

XXXIV • Jovial Encounters

2.5K 63 51
By sofiamariaisabel1

Barely a day had gone by since Aurora had been pulled from her class. Barely a day had passed since she received the shocking, tear jerking news of the fate of Arthur Weasley. Barely a day had passed since Hermione and herself took comfort in one another and prayed for the well-being of the Weasleys and Harry.

Barely a day had gone by... but it felt like a week, a month, a year.

She had dearly regretted her most recent interaction with her friends. She regretted the fury she had displayed, the lack of mercy that had all occurred under the spotlight she had been placed under, the light that reflected red hot rays of brightness, of fury.

At first she had been confused as to why Harry had been missing also, but was soon informed that he was the one who warned Professor Dumbledore of Mr Weasleys state, through a dream... or a nightmare, whichever is more appropriate.

She had been told he described it as though he had been gazing through the attackers mind. Although Rory didn't know much, she did know of his connection to the dark lord but she had only then guessed that Occlumency and Legilimency were now part of the dangerous game that raged between the two wizard nemeses. Harry would have to learn, quickly, at that, to defeat an advance Legilimens such as Voldemort.

The thoughts and secrets of the mind could only be kept so hidden in their world, hopefully Harry had learnt to volt his thoughts from the Darkest Wizard of all time. If he hadn't they could all potentially be doomed.

Aurora couldn't wait for Christmas break. She was desperate to visit the Weasleys and Harry. She wanted to nurse them, to comfort them, to help them like they had once done her but she couldn't do anymore than send heartfelt letters from such a distance. So once the very last day of school came to its close end she was thankful.

•••

Theodore had been draped in his own horrid layers of trepidation and apprehension. His worries had been dragging him down for days. Tied, tangled and bound by the strings of his fears, he received a letter from his father; Mr Nott requested for Theodore's return that holiday.

The young Slytherin only knew he was nearing the day he too would bear the mark that symbolised no hope. That symbolised the permanent tightening of the strings that held him down. That symbolised the day The Dark Lord and his father could play him like a puppet, and only would they cut the rope that bound him once he met his untimely death, and he would fall like a marionette with severed strings.

His mood had risen amongst his anxieties. The more worried he became the more stubborn he was, the more he dreaded of the holidays the more temperamental he became. His anxiousness came hand in hand with his anger. A deadly mix when it came to Theodore.

Enraged and dreadful, Theodore practically stomped on his arrival to the library, second by second his patience more thin more delicate. He didn't know how he would act around Aurora for their final study session of the term, he figured he'd take his anger out on her if pushed too far, and for the afternoon, he honestly didn't care.

The two had failed to notice each others state of mind whilst engulfed too deeply in their own. Perhaps they could've brought comfort to one another, but they only sat there oblivious to the others, tapping feet and biting tongues.

Rory was the first to attempt to ignore her current state of anxiety and continue with the writing, the state she moved her quill at was enough to cramp her fingers backwards and stiff. She was worrying faster than her brain was processing, once it reached the point she was unable to focus once again she began to repeatedly tap on her page.

It began as a single dot of charcoal inc, the dot soon became one among many like stars, eventually her page didn't look like a solar system anymore for the amount of stars became too much that they all connected and instead of a galaxy she looked down at an ugly black spot in the middle of her paper.

It didn't ease her worries so she tapped faster and more efficiently, the large dark blob on her page grew and shaped. The faster she tapped on her page the more angry Theodore grew from across her. He had been too eloped amongst his own issues to write leaving him as an open witness to Rory's infinite tapping sounds.

The scratching of the ink on the page clawed his ear drums and tugged at his hair. He desperately fought to remain calm for the sake of their agreement but as her tapping increased, his patience lessened.

Then she stopped. Thank god. Theodore was mere moments away from snatching her quill and snapping it in two. He looked at her and examined as she observed the blob on her page, it was random, his insides twisted as she raised her wrist to dip her quill back in the inc.

Then she started again. Bloody hell. Theo scowled at the table his jaw locked tightly as he fisted the table with a bone crushing intensity.

Tap tap tap.

It played in his head like a song, a song he was eager to be rid of, one that wouldn't leave him be. He tried to search for a new sound to focus on a new distraction but he found none, all he could hear think and see was her constant dotting.

He couldn't take it. He was gonna blow.

Kaboom.

"Would you fucking stop that?" He didn't yell, that was a first, but he didn't say his words kindly in the slightest. He groaned loudly before leaning back in his chair and scoffing. There was his cruel attitude, he at least lasted that long.

"Stop what?" Aurora mumbled, she too was beginning to rise in temperature.

"That god forsaken tapping!" He leered down at her.

Theodore had a glare many would deem terrifying. He had managed to perfect it from a very young age, his eyes would narrow and darken, before his mouth would frown and his nose would finally pull into a deep sneer.

It was natural to feel chills from his gaze, for it was meant to bring no sense of comfort, it was intended to frighten you.

He had planned to direct his leer onto Aurora, he needed to watch someone, anyone, gravel whilst in the line of his gaze, to squirm uncomfortably and to shrink back into their seat. The very moment he looked down at her, his eyes didn't narrow and his jaw didn't tighten. In fact his eyes widened as his jaw slacked.

For Aurora had been giving him a glare of her very own.

Rory had a sweet face, doe innocent eyes, a round nose and naturally blushed cheeks. Her face was gentle and trusting. It came as a shock to Theodore as he watched it transform into a look of darkness, one he didn't exactly fear of, but he could certainly applaud.

He didn't know how long they held their gazes. Auroras face twisted in a ruthless glare as Theodore examined her features closely. He liked how naturally her expression darkened and formed into one of pure merciless anger.

He payed deep attention to the way her eyes had lost its innocent appearance and how her resting smile had formed into a scowl. Her nostrils were ever so slightly flared. He was amazing struck with awe, this was Aurora on true display and it was a sight he would never tire of.

After a moment or two their silence hung through the air and formed from alarming to slightly awkward. Theodore chose that was the appropriate time to lean back in his chair and look away.

Once he did, he knew he had to look back. They Nott boy had fallen victim for such a harsh scowl, a glare he decided he loved, it was scary, dark, evil almost. He needed to see it again, thirsted for it, but when he looked back her eyes trailed elsewhere. He nearly wined at that, nearly threw himself to his knees, raised and intertwined his hands, before begging that she glare at him one last time.

Instead Aurora spoke up. "I'm feeling very anxious right now." She mumbled her words. "The least you could do is shut up and be polite." She kept her gaze locked on the wall to her left. He tried to lean over to see if he could steal another peak of her expression.

When he couldn't he outwardly sighed.

Rory, in that moment, figured Theodore was riddled with guilt, she guessed that he was going to apologise for his rude comment, and only after she heard his apology would she give her own for her annoying tapping.

She was wrong.

Very wrong.

In fact he showed her how wrong she was when he realised a low, raspy chuckle. She frowned at the sight of Theodore slowly nodding his head, as he fashioned a lazy, boyish grin. He looked handsome in that sight. His the top two buttons of his shirt were undone and his tie had been loosened, as his hung low in his chest. His hair was messier than usual, more rugged than he usually allowed it to get.

The slight evidence of circles under his eyes suited him, it added to the dark aura he always held, the black colour that traced under his eyes also emphasised the down turn sleepy effect his face held.

That, mixed with a boyish smile and a raspy deep laugh became somewhat alluring to Aurora.

She refused to acknowledge it, she was pissed and owed an apology. She deserved for him to bow down on all fours. She was completely oblivious to the fact that Theodore did want to do just that, he revelled in the way her expression darkened and he was close to begging for the chance to witness it again.

"I was right when I said you're a feisty little thing." She blushed, anyone would. "Don't get me wrong, you were being annoying." And then she was glaring again.

Theodore nearly choked on his words thankful that he didn't but he did fumble on them for a quick moment, absolutely enthralled at the sight before him."Uh. Bu - but that's what I asked for isn't it?" Shaking his head he explained further. "You, acting real with me and I won't be a downright git." He laughed again. "Guess I already failed at that huh?"

Her face uplifted in the slightest as she offered him the tiniest smile she could possible muster. Theodore completely ignored the accomplishment he felt as she left the hint of a good attitude, he didn't want to admit they were actually friends.

His friends only consisted of Slytherin pure bloods who understood the abuse and expectations placed upon him from birth. He didn't consider anyone else close enough. Certainly not someone like Aurora.

"Look I'm sorry." He wore the ghost of a smile as he begrudgingly shared those words, he hated how many apologies he owed her and how many he had to give it was getting exhausting on Theodore's behalf.

Auroras smile widened and turned smug very quickly. "Is the Theodore Nott apologising to little old me?" She gasped in fake shock, snickering to herself as Theodore flushed in slight embarrassment.

"Yeah don't get used to it." He folded his arms above his chest and immediately began to hastily dodge any of Rory's attempts to make any form of eye contact. Shoving the bottom of her face into the palm of her hand, she attempted to withhold the surge of laughter that was bound to overcome her. She snorted loudly into her wrist, eyes watery as she desperately tried not to cackle out of control.

Theodore who remained with his arms crossed and his head turned to the left wore a very noticeable pout, the sight only made her giggle louder. Unsure as to why he heard laughs, Theo turned his head to Rory, surprised as she sat hunched over holding her stomach.

His frown deepened further, to the point it was slowly becoming exaggerated. As he watched as Rory tried to withhold any signs of laughter, he took it to stomping his foot and huffing loudly. She couldn't take it pass that point, once he took it to throwing a feigned temper tantrum, she released her cackles.

'Boisterous' would be the word to describe it.

Loud. Obnoxious. Ugly.

Theodore concentrated deeply on her whilst the giggles bursted from her. Her head threw backwards as she barked out her laughter. He watched with all the attention he could possibly give.

To fuel her laughter whenever she made eye contact with him Theo took it to huffing loudly and turning away. The moment she looked away and began to go back to work, Theodore didn't try to take his eyes away, he watched as she struggled to maintain her giggles and focus. He watched with a sincere smile. She was being real and he liked it.

Once they had finished Theodore collected his things and swiftly swung his bag over his shoulder, before walking past her. Rory expected him to brush away unnoticed and was shocked, eyes wide and mouth ajar when she felt his hand come to rest on her shoulder, offering her a quick squeeze before he left.

With a smile Aurora deemed her last encounter with Theodore for the term the only good one they ever had, she could only hope the next term would bring more joyful interactions between the two but unfortunately she would be incredibly disappointed if she were to learn that the very moment Theodore left that afternoon he left to go to a certain professors office.

A professor who offered Theo a job. A job set out to destroy Aurora and her friends.

_________________________________
AN

Okay so sorry for the late update it's been a difficult few weeks.

You already know it's not edited I can only hope that isn't too much of an issue.

On a happier note, I'm excited that this chapter has finally come to an end, hope you enjoyed xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 1.2K 34
She was a forgotten in her line of purebloods. He was a broken soul. They were opposites in character. Yet so perfect for each other. They evened out...
35K 956 82
The Regency Era in the Muggle World is not much different from the Magical World when it came to the busy time of what is called "The Social Season."...
6.5K 108 18
Vivianne Nott was known to everyone as Theodore's "sweet innocent baby sister" and she was tired of it. Always stuck in her brother's shadow, she dec...