Duplicitous | T.N.

By sofiamariaisabel1

Aurora the sleeping beauty, damned to a boundless doze. Only true loves kiss had the power to haul her from s... More

Cast
I • 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes and 362 8800 seconds
II • Nail chewing is a bad habit
III • Little Miss too perfect for me
IV • What are you hiding?
V • True colours
VI • Prejudice
VII • Physiological warfare
VIII • That one blissful moment
IX • More Angst
X • Every time 'Great' is said, note the sarcasm
XI • Dumbledores Army
XII • Half the angel
XIII • No clubs
XIV • Pure Dread
XV • Spells and Stunning
XVI • Two graves
XVII • A sneaky bugger
XVIII • Drowning sorrows in thick liquor
XIX • Anthony Creevey
XX • Shame
XXI • Downturned Glares
XXII • A brush with war
XXIII • Red & Green Ying & Yangs
XXIV • Two Stolen Angels
XXV • Selfish Hatred
XXVI • Repeated Mistakes
XXVIII • Sleeping Beauty
XXIX • To reign hell
XXX • Injuries and Assumptions
XXXI • Armestice
XXXII • Bad news at Breakfast
XXXIII • Forbidden Serpent
XXXIV • Jovial Encounters
XXXV • Daring Lions & Crafty Serpents
XXXVI • I made a friend...
XXXVII • Almosts & Atelophobia
XXXVIII • Triumphed smiles
XXXIX • Hit me
XL • The real Fox
XLI • I can't
XLII • Concealed shames
XLIII • Pretty Blondes
XLIV • Stained, inky crushes
XLV • My father
XLVI • Various departures
XLVII • Owed Favours
XLVIII • Authentic sneers
XLIS • Parrallel || lellarraP • XLIS
L • Fantasy Letters
LI • A corpes' touch
LII • Nott acceptable
LIII • A scented boy
LIV • Cast under influence
LV • An Opal Curse
LVI • The end marks the beginning, the beginning marks the end
LVII • In the rain
LVIII • Cruel Bastards
LIX • A loathing
LX • Red handed
LXI • Deceitful doves
LXII • Once upon a dream
LXIII • The prodigal boyfriend
LXIV • Gothic fears and families
LXV • Bewitched minds
LXVI • The highs and hows of a teenage girl
LXVII • Complexion
LXVIII • Jam on toast
LXIX • Familiar Faces

XXVII • Stern memories

2.5K 61 23
By sofiamariaisabel1

Her knee ached. The throbbing sensation on her knee cap, forced a chocked sob to emit from her swollen lips. She had fallen, knee colliding into the chiseled concrete of her driveway. She collected her brothers broom that laid beside her as she stood. Stomping her foot, she slammed the magical object harshly on the gravel.

"I hate this stupid sport." She yelled into the air, no one present to witness her childish tempe tantrum. After all she was only nine.

The sound of a door flying open and slamming the wall echoed through her ears. She knew what was coming. She wasn't allowed her own broom. Not until she was eleven, it was a rule that the Flores family had cherished since her eldest brother received his first one.

She was too desperate to have a go flying the sporting object, she didn't anticipate the chance that she may fall, she had little to no experience, it shouldn't have surprised her. 

"Rory?" Three figures ran through the night fogged air. She frowned. She had been caught. Picking up her brothers broom she hid it behind her small body, it was taller than her, her mother and brothers saw it instantly, and connected the dots even quicker.

"What are you doing with my broom?" Malachi, her brother spat. Upset after watching her throw his most prized possession. He went to snatch the broom off her, but didn't make it far before he was dragged back by the eldest child there, Sebastian.

"Leave it Mal." He hushed.

Aurora looked down at her knee. When she stumbled to the ground she didn't actually  feel any pain at first. It was only until she looked down and noticed the cut did it start to ache and did the tears start to spill.

"Rora, what were you doing with your brothers broom?" Her mothers voice, like a melody, calmed Aurora, her sobs decreased.

"I wanted a go." She sniffled. Wiping away the snot that dribbled down. "It's not fair!" She yelled. Slamming her hand twice to emphasise her rage.

"Wait your go!" Malachi yelled fuming, his sister had failed to release the broom from her steel like grip. Sebastian shoved him in the rib with his elbow to quieten his brother.

"Now, Aurora how old are you?" Andreas tone became stern, yet she still managed to come off as endearing. None of the three ever understood their mothers ability to portray both anger and empathy at the same time.

"Nine." The little witch sighed, fiddling with the fabric of her shirt.

"Well you certainly aren't acting like it." The woman's eyebrows raised as her frown deepened. "Aurora, it's not okay, under any circumstances, to steal."

"I know." The little one tried.

"No. Apparently you don't." She looked down to inspect her daughters knee. "Let's get you a Band-Aid, we'll discuss this later." Using the pads of her thumb she caressed under her daughters tear stained eyes, smearing away any evidence of tears.

Standing up, she offered her daughter her hand before the four of them began their walk back inside. The children all stared up in awe at their mothers caring yet affirmative nature, it had the ability to make them all feel as loved as a child should, yet the capability to make them quaver in fear.

Her eyes shot opened. Panting for air, sweating profusely. Her chest rose and fell in a speedy rhythm, she slept believing her mother was alive, just to wake up to the cruel world were that wasn't true.

She hadn't dreamed of her mother before. Surely Aurora had experienced peculiar dreams were her mother made an entrance. But that day her dream came to her in the form of a memory. The events of that night had left the surface of Rory's mind years ago, apparently her subconscious didn't forget, for her mothers stern tone always had the capability to whip her into correct shape. She would always remember it when reminding herself to do well.

Aurora yawned, she was still lost in a groggy state, unable to process where she currently was. Then she saw him, laid back facing her. She remembered everything. She literally face palmed herself then and there.

Her palm pressed firmly into her face, she sobbed twice, no tears were emitted but the action felt nice. She dreamt of her mothers scolding voice right after she repeated the worst thing, she considered, she had ever done.

Lying, to the sweetest man she had encountered and sleeping with him. It did feel good, but it was the last time she would ever allow herself to spend the night with him. She vowed to herself that he was officially off limits. He was too good for her.

She hated herself again. Finally, did she begin to accept herself and previous actions but her repetition made it all the more difficult to forgive.

Rolling over, she noticed the sting in between her legs and a throbbing pain in her head, it wasn't as bad as last time, mich more bearable but still bothersome.

She still wore her shirt from last night. Apparently it never came off, thankfully she didn't sleep on it while bleeding that time. On she subject of blood she scrambled up and pulled the doona off her in an attempt to find blood. There was none, she sighed in relief. After going to the bathroom, she began to collect her things, inner legs throbbing just to remind her of her mistakes.

She hadn't realised until she was collecting her shoes that Anthony was in fact awake. He grinned at her when she noticed him. Rory began to over think, what if he thought she were running away? He chuckled as her face went pale.

"And where are you off to?" His smile widened. When she stammered, desperate for any response to leave her lips. She couldn't find one.

Bowing her head in defeat she sighed and attempted to explain herself. "I wasn't going to abandon you. I promise." She assured.

He threw his head back and sighed dramatically his grin failing to disappear. Looking back up he nodded at her, gesturing with his head for her to approach the bed. In fear of offending him, she complied.

"Come on." He snickered. "Take a seat." He patted the empty space next to him, hesitantly she walked over to him. Not once breaking eye contact or her expression of pure confusion as she sat, using her hands to feel around where she was sitting. Her fingers ran over the cotton sheets, the space was warm, an affect that had occurred because she had slept there the entirety of the night.

Finding a suitable spot, she shifted, her legs bent and resting under her body, her palms barely pressing into the bed at her sides. Head tilted, she urged to explain his sudden calling for her presences

"Turn around." He chuckled yet again. She frowned but listen to his request regardless of her confusion. She's glad she did because next thing she knew his hands had wrapped themselves over her shoulders and began to massage her aching, tender, muscles. She threw her neck back and sighed loudly.

His grip although firm, moved at a soft careful pace, her she felt her muscled release. The massaging did hurt in the slightest but whenever he released his grip her shoulders would throb for a second before any pain would completely disperse. "Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"It's called aftercare sweet Rory." He lazily shifted so he could peek over her shoulder from her side before offering her a boyish grin, she returned the gesture. His hands began relieving her back. He moved from her shoulders and took his blissful movements up her neck. Moving them back down he trailed down her spine. She was shocked when she noticed it was her arousal that was her response.

The muggle boy, sighed from behind her. Thankfully, unaware of the wetness pooling in her underwear. "Look Rory." Uh oh, that seemed serious. "I'm going to be honest. I always have a blast whenever you and I spend the night together, and don't get me wrong, I love the mornings afterward too." His hands softened their actions. "I really do, getting to know you through aftercare is a blissful experience."

Where was he going with this?

"You don't seem comfortable." He stated, matter of factly.

"How do you mean." She frowned.

"With yourself." She remained quiet. "You're beautiful, funny, charming, smart yet you haven't seemed to accept yourself, why?" She didn't know why. Perhaps around him, he only ever experienced her guilty conscience taking control."Whatever the reason." He figured due to her silence she wasn't comfortable sharing, he was okay with that. "I think we're better off as friends."

That confused her. "We are friends." She murmured but he was close enough to hear it.

"You, for some reason, haven't learnt to appreciate your sexuality." He sighed into her shoulder. "And I absolutely love our drunken encounters." He teased, from behind her. "But I think it's best for you to grow comfortable with and divulge in your sexuality amongst someone you know and trust, not some guy you're merely doing while intoxicated or miserable and in need of a distraction." He chuckled when she tensed. "I'm passing no judgement, I get it. I just don't enjoy how uncomfortable you become with yourself the following mornings."

She zoned off and thought deeply about his words. If they cut off any sexual ties, that would certainly prevent Aurora from experiencing the guilt she is constantly over come with when she sleeps with him. Initially her wariness stemmed from her lies and the guilt that came from them, but as she wondered deeper she realised he was indeed right.

Aurora was a virgin before she met him, her entire life sex had always made her curious. She didn't quite understand it and never did she expect to loose it to a stranger, never the less, form a friendship with said stranger. If anything Aurora deemed herself lucky, her first experience was with a person who was good at heart. He had no ill intentions, nor did he do anything to imply it.

She felt a wave of guilt when she came to the realisation that she couldn't say the same for herself. Liar, a voice in her head spat.

Besides her guilt, the real important matter was the fact Aurora use to deem herself the type who would repel sex with strangers or enacting any form of any reckless acts. She supposed her mothers death also birthed a fire within her that provoked her to live. She was not thankful for her mothers passing but she was happy that at such a young age she realised that life was worth living and not just existing.

Anthony Creevy awoke her sexual appetite and she would forever be thankful for the way he handled it with such grace but he was right when he decided they shouldn't continue. Aurora didn't understand her desires but thanks to him developed a taste of an idea that indicated what she wanted. He was all the more correct when deciding that it's best for her to learn about herself with someone she felt comfortable with.

She felt comfortable with him in a different sense. Don't get her wrong, she adored their two nights together and honestly didn't want to just divert to only sleeping with people she loved, her sexual thirst had grown too large for that, but she wouldn't be able to withstand if she continued their altercations.

So, she turned to him and smiled. "I wholeheartedly agree." She knew that she wouldn't be able to live with herself if she didn't thank him or voice her thoughts. "I just want to say thank you." His face twisted into a look of confusion. "For handling my crazy arse." They chuckled. "You made me feel special and I will forever be thankful." She had to add one last thing. "And just know, I felt completely safe with you."

He grinned. "I felt completely safe with you too." He continued his generous assault on her shoulders for a little while until she deemed it time for her to give him a massage. They spent the majority of the day again just chatting as though they were life long friends. Her guilt still ate her, it always would but she was ever so pleased that she had the chance to form such a lovely friendship out of the most bizarre experience.

Finally collecting the last of her things she presented Anthony with one last grin before leaving the inn. They had agreed to remain friends and perhaps catch up at the three broomsticks on some occasions. She was glad.
Anthony Creevy was one of the good ones. He was her first step to understanding herself, even if she didn't know it yet. The rest of her journey to the path of acceptance resided within the capabilities of a particular Slytherin. One who yet again spotted Aurora as she tip toed through the halls.

Theodore didn't approach her, they still hadn't spoken, but when he did look at her he found himself struggling to hold on to that hate he declared he felt for her days prior. Their similarities still ate at him, the trauma they shared, the loss.

Watching her express her little fake persona never failed to give him the strength to believe he despised her. So watching the Flores witch politely exchange pleasantries with students she clearly didn't give two shits about made it easier for Theodore to scoff and walk off, hate on his mind.

Although Aurora didn't spot Theodore watching her, or did she spot him at all, he still managed to dig his way into her mind. Her thoughts on the other hand weren't so deep. Her first thought was of his flawless appearance. The only reasons why she thought of such trivial things was because, leaving Anthony she found herself in a horny state yet again and thinking of something beautiful became second nature.

She didn't understand why Theodore was her first thought. She guessed it was because last time she left Anthony she ran into him, perhaps it was because Theodore and Anthony shared similar features in their appearance. She was completely unaware how when she urged to touch herself, to seek sexual release thoughts of his face came to mind.

Sure, she understood he was attractive. She didn't like him but she wasn't blind. Most saw it, his features came from what some believed into existed in the word of fiction and lustful fantasy. A mere quick glance at the boy implied that he was sculpted by the Greeks and chiseled to perfection. Despite his, what some would call, flawless appearance, Aurora knew how to differentiate a good person from a good looking person.

He was not a good person.

On the subject of Theodore's personality, her eye twitched and her mouth dried. He was a horrible being. Aurora knew better than to think rashly and had trained herself, from a young age, to accept others, it would've been easy for her to do so if it weren't for his angering tendencies. He constantly picked and prodded with her as though he intentionally danced around the quick tempered parts of herself. She didn't like him. He was one of the few individuals to score themselves a spot on Auroras dislike list, but he did.

It would surprise many if they knew he wouldn't be on that list for too long.

__________________________________
AN

Hello, been a week or so since I last updated I don't really LOVE this chapter but it's leading somewhere

Hope you enjoyed xx

(Also unedited hope it isn't noticeable)

- Sofia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5K 22
Draco Malfoy is a womaniser. He never cares for the girls that he messes around - doesn't blink an eye when they confess their love for him, never fl...
16K 628 42
The full moon that started it all. "Then when the sun turns into the moon, I am reminded how alone I am in the abyss of life." All Aspen Lewis wants...
3.3M 101K 85
In which the sun polar the moon and chaos parts in the midst of it. "Are you my sweet witch or Nott's pretty girl, Clarke?" Draco grinned as she buc...
21.4K 348 21
*NOW COMPLETE* Set in a dark AU. Hermione Granger finds herself back at Hogwarts after the war has ended to finish her 8th year. With a magical soulm...