Duplicitous | T.N.

By sofiamariaisabel1

Aurora the sleeping beauty, damned to a boundless doze. Only true loves kiss had the power to haul her from s... More

Cast
I • 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes and 362 8800 seconds
II • Nail chewing is a bad habit
III • Little Miss too perfect for me
IV • What are you hiding?
V • True colours
VI • Prejudice
VII • Physiological warfare
VIII • That one blissful moment
IX • More Angst
X • Every time 'Great' is said, note the sarcasm
XI • Dumbledores Army
XII • Half the angel
XIII • No clubs
XIV • Pure Dread
XV • Spells and Stunning
XVI • Two graves
XVII • A sneaky bugger
XIX • Anthony Creevey
XX • Shame
XXI • Downturned Glares
XXII • A brush with war
XXIII • Red & Green Ying & Yangs
XXIV • Two Stolen Angels
XXV • Selfish Hatred
XXVI • Repeated Mistakes
XXVII • Stern memories
XXVIII • Sleeping Beauty
XXIX • To reign hell
XXX • Injuries and Assumptions
XXXI • Armestice
XXXII • Bad news at Breakfast
XXXIII • Forbidden Serpent
XXXIV • Jovial Encounters
XXXV • Daring Lions & Crafty Serpents
XXXVI • I made a friend...
XXXVII • Almosts & Atelophobia
XXXVIII • Triumphed smiles
XXXIX • Hit me
XL • The real Fox
XLI • I can't
XLII • Concealed shames
XLIII • Pretty Blondes
XLIV • Stained, inky crushes
XLV • My father
XLVI • Various departures
XLVII • Owed Favours
XLVIII • Authentic sneers
XLIS • Parrallel || lellarraP • XLIS
L • Fantasy Letters
LI • A corpes' touch
LII • Nott acceptable
LIII • A scented boy
LIV • Cast under influence
LV • An Opal Curse
LVI • The end marks the beginning, the beginning marks the end
LVII • In the rain
LVIII • Cruel Bastards
LIX • A loathing
LX • Red handed
LXI • Deceitful doves
LXII • Once upon a dream
LXIII • The prodigal boyfriend
LXIV • Gothic fears and families
LXV • Bewitched minds
LXVI • The highs and hows of a teenage girl
LXVII • Complexion
LXVIII • Jam on toast
LXIX • Familiar Faces

XVIII • Drowning sorrows in thick liquor

2.6K 71 12
By sofiamariaisabel1

There was no bliss when she awoke. She was well aware of the date before she even fell to consciousness. Instead of being crushed with overwhelming dread at realisation, she already felt it as her eyes opened, reluctantly taking in the day.

It was a sickening feeling. Her insides recoiled, she had to leave bed, she didn't have a choice. It was a Sunday but her friends wouldn't allow her to wallow in self pity as she snuggled into the comfort of her bed. She wouldn't be surprised if they were to yank her by her hair all to get her functioning.

They hadn't fallen for her subconscious trick she tried to pull the previous day. She knew why she was overly happy before, she nearly tricked herself. Aurora didn't need anyone knowing about her misery, she wanted to be left alone. Unfortunately for her, she knew she would be denied that luxury.

As she raised off her mattress she took her time readying herself, all too happy to arrive late to breakfast.

Her reflection scared her. She didn't know when she began to look like this, a ghost of herself. She guessed her beauty began to whither when the nightmares started. She realised those nightmares came with the time of year it was. Happy birthday mum.

She chose to hide again, to look okay. No one needed to know, she didn't need their pity, she didn't want it. So with her concealer, she hid the black rings that had formed beneath her eyes. With her blush, she disguised her colourless face with a blossoming one. With her lip gloss, she concealed her dry chapped lips. She looked presentable, it was good enough for her.

She willed herself to withhold any tears, she refused to allow them to fall. Her pent up emotions were bound to collapse, she didn't need that day to come just yet.

With feigned happiness she greeted those she passed. Though by her intention, she didn't act overly happy. When she tired that the day before everyone suspected something.

The guilty part of her loved the attention. If she was being honest, she genuinely wanted it. It helped, the affection of others. There was an exception when the topic was her mother, her family never relied on others, they had always been notorious for being the shoulder others leaned on, it was Rorys responsibility to follow suit. She would accept help but never would she rely.

She made her way down to the great hall. Breakfast awaited her. Her friends had already turned to face her. They pitied her, she could tell. She gave them her best small smile. She wouldn't even try to exaggerate her happiness that day.

They didn't expect it when she took her seat besides them. They had expected she would close herself off or request to be left alone in which they planned to heroically deny. Their confusion showed, mouths opened, eyes widened.

Rory planned to clear things up. She chose to be honest. Well, close to it at least. "I'm okay." Lie. Her first words of the day were lies. "I'm upset, of course." Lie again. She was more than upset, she was beside herself. "I don't need any pity." That was truthful. "Just some friends." Also the truth.

They all responded in a rush.

"Yeah."
"Totally."
"Exactly what I was thinking."

She couldn't process any individual phrases, they all spoke at once. She smiled and nodded in appreciation.

It was that time of morning, owls swooped in left and right. The room became a storm of feathers and parchment. An owl she recognised as the Weasleys family owl came down by Rory. Before her, we're three letters.

Her bothers. She thought on instinct. Had they written to her? Would they speak with her? She grew overly excited only to be stamped with disappointment. The letters weren't from her brother. Her father didn't write either. She couldn't blame them. She didn't write to them either.

Opening the first one, she read the remix of letters written in a curved font.

Rory,

It's your mothers birthday as I'm sure you are aware. I'm certain you also know that it's her first one since her passing. My condolences.

In this letter I give you my best of wishes from afar. I hope for you only the best. Your mother was a wonderful woman, I don't doubt that you will be same.

I understand that it's a difficult time, just remember to keep on fighting.

- Sirius.

Aurora smiled. It was a lovely letter, she never failed to appreciate Sirius's efforts. His kindness would always be accepted. To think, two years ago she thought him a murder.

The other two letters were sent from Remus, Tonks and Molly. The kind souls wished her mother a happy birthday and a heartfelt message for Rory. Although the words didn't come from any of her relatives, she still felt better.

Harry, who sat next to her nudged her from his side. She nudged him back. It was an unspoken show of support. She appreciated it. Harry was the only other person at the table who had experienced the loss of a parent. He had lost two, although he ceased to remember them, he was the only one who could understand the longing.

After her breakfast was over she abruptly stood up. Everyone else there followed. Even Ron, who hadn't finished his meal, now that was surprising. She chuckled, "Please, I'm only going to the bathroom." They all sat down in a pace so slow she would expect better from snails.

"Rory." A voice yelled from across the room. She nearly laughed, the ever so beautiful Daphne came running. How could Rory expect to get through the day without a certain blonde Slytherin coming to her rescue. It shocked Rory to see a little brunette following her. Astoria.

She looked like her older sister. They shared many features, their noses and eyes the most recognisable. They of course assumed they looked nothing alike due to the difference in hair colour. Little Astoria was a year younger, a sweet girl like her sister. Compassionate she was. Cursed she was too.

She knew that the younger Greengrass sister suffered from a blood curse, it never failed to make Aurora shiver. She hadn't exactly become close with Astoria but they certainly held a mutual respect and liking for one another.

Before she could actually say anything she was squashed between the tight grip of Daphne. The air had been snatched right out of her, near winded in the stomach she winced at the force.

Daph had a hold on Rory like no other, both physically and literally she was being squashed in the love of the blonde. Astoria could see the life practically leaving Aurora she struggled to breathe.

Her soft hand came to rest over Daphne's shoulder "Daph, you're killing her." The blonde let go of her with hesitance, her eyes swam with not sympathy but care. It's what Aurora actually needed. 

The light snake squeezed Auroras pink cheek. "How are you?" She smothered. Rory laughed as she rubbed the sides of her swollen face.

From behind Astoria spoke up. "We just got a letter from Mum, we heard about what day it it." She gave her a comforting glance.

"We just came to express our condolences and love," Daphne drawled. At her next words she smirked, "and to ask you, if you wanted to join us in the Slytherin Commons." Auroras eyes widened, she'd never been down there before.

Her first thought was what the place would look like, she imagined extreme class and wealth would radiate from it, she also predicted snake skin leather couches, or would Slytherins prefer the snakes alive? She didn't know

Before she could say anything she was interrupted again. "We have a little birthday gift with us." Daphne sneakily opened the zipper of her bag, inside it Aurora got a peak at a bottle filled with brown substance. She smirked at this. She was in real need of liquor, how she hadn't thought of it herself was beyond her.
The looks the two Greengrass girls were identical, welcoming mischief.

Aurora was just about to accept their offer, but another spoke before her again. "Daphne come on, I really need to open that. Alcohol is the only thing keeping me functioning right now." Draco Malfoy showed up from behind her running his temples.

Following him was a band of Slytherins, including Adrian Pucey, Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson and none other than Theodore Nott.
She wasn't going to accept anymore.

"You know what?" Aurora tried. "I think I'm gonna pass."

"What?" Daphne responded, eager to have her Gryffindor friend there. "But you need this." She pointed to the hidden bottle in her grasp. Rory just shrugged. Behind Daphne and Astoria the other Slytherins grew worried Aurora would join them. "You know how much I love drunk Rory."

Rory laughed, a real laugh, it only lasted a moment. "I'm tired." She attempted to slip out of it and get her own liquor.

"Rory, remember the last time you and I had some fun. You remember that?" Uh oh. Aurora did remember that, actually she didn't remember, she could only recall the story Daphne had told her the following day. The two hung out for a day during the holidays a year ago and according to Daphne, she had apparently taken her shirt off while dancing on a table. Luckily for her she had a singlet underneath but she never did get that shirt back.

Daphne turned to her Slytherin friends. "I tell you Drunk Rory, is like an alter ego." Pansy and Tori chuckled at that, no one else did anything. But Daphne was very wrong, Aurora when intoxicated wasn't just an alter ego, she was a different woman entirely, designed to cause nothing but pure chaos.

"I didn't think Flores could actually have fun." Aurora nearly rolled her eyes at Theodore, he couldn't just shut up for one moment. Daphne seemed to have the same thoughts because she did actually turn around and shush him.

"Okay well I hope you feel better soon." She kissed Rory's cheek, "Love you." She let go of Rory's previously grasped hands and walked off with her Slytherin mates.

It was time for Aurora to divulge in her own fun and drown her sorrows in the bitter beverage that is Fire whiskey. All she needed to do was figure out a way to escape all of her worrisome friends, there was no way in hell she'd be drinking with them, perhaps Fred and George but not the others.

That was the case for multiple reasons, one being that they always came off as younger siblings to her and she didn't want them divulging in alcohol and two, Aurora would die the day she saw Hermione Jean Granger touch an alcoholic beverage.

She approached the table slowly. Once she was close to them they all turned in an instant. She smiled and they copied. Aurora was honestly growing sick of it, she couldn't wait to relax.

She decided that leaving at around eight o'clock would be the best time to depart, she didn't want to leave too early but wouldn't like to get there too late either. She'd stay there for a while also, maybe she would spend time until the next day, it was still unclear.The whole situation depended on how drunk she would get and what mood her drunken version of herself would be in.

What she liked to call 'Evil Rory' would make decisions often in spite of sober Rory. She didn't remember this but one time Aurora, when tipsy, found her reflection and had an argument with it. The two Rory's head to head. Good versus the Evil who happened to be visually impaired with slurred words. 

Her day was filled to the brim with pity glances and sympathy hugs. Aurora has always loved hugs, the comfort that could be provided by a simple gesture warmed her insides, but those hugs were halfhearted. Aurora beloved a hug was for the comfort of two people and although she appreciated the comfort they had been trying to give her, it wasn't returned. That made her feel useless. It was the opposite thing her family taught her.

Finally it was near eight, all she had to do was get dressed into something nice and sneak out. She felt like a child escaping her mother, which was the case, but rather than a mother she had a hoard of overly protective friends.

They all sat and chatted by the fire, they all constantly tried to pull Rory into the conversation with them but she wasn't interested. She stood up and began making her way to her room. She didn't go unnoticed. Why was she not surprised?

"Uh, where are you going." Ron spoke up first. Out of everyone she didn't expect him to stop her. Guess grief makes people funny. That should be a saying.

"No where, just" She tried thinking up a lie no convincing ones came to mind. "Going to bed." It was eight. She didn't know why she said it, she would just have to make do.

"Um, Rory it's eight o'clock." Ginny replied, tine soft and quiet.

"I'm just feeling out of it, you know." She smiled "I'm just going to get some sleep." Turning on her heel she rushed up the stairs before anyone would offer to join her.

Diving into her closet she digged for a nice outfit. Currently she was wearing great jeans, a tight fitted, navy, long sleeved t-shirt and her nice converse. She wanted to wear a skit. She felt excited.

After spending at least ten minutes searching for something nice she left. Dressed in a lovely blue checked skirt that went half way up her thighs, paired with a plain white small shirt and black boots. She didn't bother to put on jewellery she liked the way she looked. Rory hadn't put effort into her appearance in a while, her motivation not with her.

With her hair tied in a low pony tail she let her natural curls bounce on her shoulders as she snuck out. The others weren't there, thankfully she could make a clean exit.

Rushing out passed the door, the lady in the painting attempted to convince her to stay in fear she'd made poor decisions, Aurora only told her that's what she was doing but ultimately in a kind manner promised she'd be safe before rushing away.

It was cold out but she'd manage, over the years she had adapted to Europes cold weathers, besides, cold blushed cheeks and nose suited her well. She opened the door to The Three Broomsticks, it was less full than the last time she was there. It would be easier for her to find a seat rather than scouting for a spot.

Taking a seat right in front of the bar seemed best. She had a fake wizards ID from Daphne when they goofed around together, it would do. For that night she wasn't Aurora Flores, miserable mummy's little girl. According to her ID she was Cami Goldis, a twenty one year old Scorpio, who's middle name was Lila. Not that she remembered her fake identification but that's what she told the bar tender.

She was barely affected by the alcohol in her system when a person sat beside her. She was in for an interesting night.

__________________________________
AN

The next chapters gonna be interesting I swear.
I've been updating so much it feels weird but I've got nothing better to do right now.

Best wishes to everybody xx

- Sofia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 1.2K 34
She was a forgotten in her line of purebloods. He was a broken soul. They were opposites in character. Yet so perfect for each other. They evened out...
3.3M 101K 85
In which the sun polar the moon and chaos parts in the midst of it. "Are you my sweet witch or Nott's pretty girl, Clarke?" Draco grinned as she buc...
287 0 24
Theodore Nott is a quiet and reserved boy that usually can be seen alone in a corner with a book in his hand. Draco Malfoy, the arrogant, narcissist...