Duplicitous | T.N.

By sofiamariaisabel1

Aurora the sleeping beauty, damned to a boundless doze. Only true loves kiss had the power to haul her from s... More

Cast
I • 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes and 362 8800 seconds
II • Nail chewing is a bad habit
III • Little Miss too perfect for me
IV • What are you hiding?
V • True colours
VI • Prejudice
VII • Physiological warfare
VIII • That one blissful moment
IX • More Angst
X • Every time 'Great' is said, note the sarcasm
XI • Dumbledores Army
XII • Half the angel
XIII • No clubs
XIV • Pure Dread
XVI • Two graves
XVII • A sneaky bugger
XVIII • Drowning sorrows in thick liquor
XIX • Anthony Creevey
XX • Shame
XXI • Downturned Glares
XXII • A brush with war
XXIII • Red & Green Ying & Yangs
XXIV • Two Stolen Angels
XXV • Selfish Hatred
XXVI • Repeated Mistakes
XXVII • Stern memories
XXVIII • Sleeping Beauty
XXIX • To reign hell
XXX • Injuries and Assumptions
XXXI • Armestice
XXXII • Bad news at Breakfast
XXXIII • Forbidden Serpent
XXXIV • Jovial Encounters
XXXV • Daring Lions & Crafty Serpents
XXXVI • I made a friend...
XXXVII • Almosts & Atelophobia
XXXVIII • Triumphed smiles
XXXIX • Hit me
XL • The real Fox
XLI • I can't
XLII • Concealed shames
XLIII • Pretty Blondes
XLIV • Stained, inky crushes
XLV • My father
XLVI • Various departures
XLVII • Owed Favours
XLVIII • Authentic sneers
XLIS • Parrallel || lellarraP • XLIS
L • Fantasy Letters
LI • A corpes' touch
LII • Nott acceptable
LIII • A scented boy
LIV • Cast under influence
LV • An Opal Curse
LVI • The end marks the beginning, the beginning marks the end
LVII • In the rain
LVIII • Cruel Bastards
LIX • A loathing
LX • Red handed
LXI • Deceitful doves
LXII • Once upon a dream
LXIII • The prodigal boyfriend
LXIV • Gothic fears and families
LXV • Bewitched minds
LXVI • The highs and hows of a teenage girl
LXVII • Complexion
LXVIII • Jam on toast
LXIX • Familiar Faces

XV • Spells and Stunning

3.2K 72 15
By sofiamariaisabel1

Held, tightly in the grasp of her sweaty right hand was a beautiful gold coin, in wizard terms a galleon. Her galleon rather than to be spent was meant to be cherished, for that particular coin was enchanted. Enchanted so that she could inconspicuously communicate with her fellow DA members.

On her way to the seventh floor Rory made note to check every corner before turning in worry that someone would follow her.  It was her very first official meeting, where she had hoped she would come to learn more about defence against the dark arts. She would rather pitch herself off the astronomy tower than give away the location of Dumbledores Army headquarters, the room of requirement, so she remained careful as she walked on through the halls.

She peaked over the pillar to take a run for it, the room of requirement was two corridors away. Two corridors away from sanctuary, she assured herself.

She could hear the faint voices of two. From what she could hear, it was a boy and a girl. She waited in hopes they would pass. If she got the timing right she could remain unrevealed behind the pillar. From what it sounded like they weren't moving any time soon. She stood there for thirty seconds, and then another.

After nearly two minutes she decided they weren't moving any time soon so she figured just casually walking by would have to do. She would usually walk around with her head held high but she didn't need to draw any unwanted attention.

She walked by said couple in question and due to basic human instinct, had to take a look. She didn't notice that her own jaw pulled down once she saw who the intruders were.

Tracy Davis, Slytherin Fifth year. Aurora gave her  half a glance, the girl was pretty, eyes siren like and green, her dark blonde hair pulled into a messy one tail, she had an athletic type body. Aurora gave her a small smile, it was unfortunately not returned. Although her actions seemed somewhat rude, it wasn't half as bad as the glare she received from none other than Theodore Nott himself.

His glare turned into a small smirk as she walked past, leaving them before any interaction was necessary, not before hearing the faint scoff of the girl she said was pretty and internally complimented her like crazy and sent her a smile. She regretted being internally nice.

Her head remained bowed as she speeded by, desperate to arrive to her destination. After another minute, she was finally there. The wall submerged into a beautiful, draught proof, dark oak door, the carvings alone seemed hand chiseled, Aurora truely believed that the architecture of Hogwarts was undeniably exquisite. Pushing open the hinged wall of wood she entered the room of requirement.

Students eyes shot to her in paranoia, everyone seemed to be on edge. Many relaxed at the absence of danger when they realised it was only her, they all turned back to Harry.

The first lesson they figured they'd start of easy. Harry decided teaching everyone stunning spells seemed most appropriate. Aurora, who had already known them opted to helping everyone else. She had noticed halfway through the class that Harry seemed to be struggling. He was attempting to teach the stunning spell to a second year, who just wasn't getting it.

"No. Stupefy." Harry nearly seethed.

"I'm pretty sure it's Stopefy." The two had been going back and fourth.

"Then why isn't it working?" Harry pressed.

The boy looked as though he was about to shoot some snappy insult back. Aurora deemed it fit to intervene. "Here." She crouched down besides the boy. "You're doing everything perfectly, your stance, your hand movement, but Harry's right, the incantation is Stu -pe - fy." She gave him a gentle smile.

The second year blushed before nodding. She smiled up at Harry who rolled his eyes before re precipitating the smile. She raised her arms out, nominating herself as the target. The boy lifted his wand and directed it at her. But once he shouted the incantation, he redirected his wand towards Harry, sending him a few steps back.

She couldn't help it, but she laughed. It was one burst of laughter that left as soon as it came. It only seemed to last for only one syllable. Harry, although he didn't fall over, still wore a darkened expression. He looked a second away from charging for the kid.

The boy just smiled up at Rory before saying "I could never hurt an angel." His little Irish accent accentuated the phrase. She beamed down at him, giving a miscevioush grin to Harry as she not so secretly gave the boy a high five.

The little Gryffindor, whose name she learnt to be Daniel, he insisted she called him Dani, made his way to his friend Nigel, another young Gryffindor. The two laughed at Dani's cheeky antics towards chosen one.

"Can I strangle him?" Harry whispered to Rory.

The older of the two exaggeratedly gasped in fake concern. "Harry, how could you do such a thing." She shoved his arm. His scowl soon formed into a little smile before that formed into a light chuckle. He shoved her back before the two separated to go and assist others in their trainings.

She made eye contact with Cormac McLaggen, the boy, seemed to be struggling with his partner, Ernie Macmillan, she recognised the two as Hufflepuff fifth years. She neared the duo, both seemed to be rather confused.

Hands behind her back she took two large steps closer to them. They both turned to her with small smiles. "Here." She grabbed Cormacs' hand before adjusting the way he held it. Besides him, she took the stance and raised her wand, gesturing for him to do the same. They both copied. She stood back to examine one more time before they duelled.

She noticed immediate improvement, so did they when they turned back to her with wide grins. Though, something about McLaggens smile unnerved her. Where Ernie's smile was goofy and twisted, Cormacs' was charming. She nearly blushed, she wanted to but realised he was younger than her and that was wrong. She only offered the two a small grin.

As she walked off she turned once more to see their progress one last time, which she was proud to say was her doing, instead of being met with the sight of duelling fifth years she made eye contact with Mclaggen again. She knew she shouldn't have but she felt somewhat excited to know a boy kept his eyes on her as she walked off. Not to mention a handsome boy, though the pessimist parts of her figured he already knew that. 

Hermione was doing spectacularly, she too had resorted to helping others. They smiled as they crossed paths. Rory didn't fail to notice the exited gleam in her eye, everyone in the room wore matching ones.

After about an hour of helping around, the room soon diverted to two sides of the room. The duelling had officially become a one on one  in front of everybody. Way to make everyone nervous, she thought.

First up was Nigel and Dani. The battles only lasted for a mere moment. Dani won sending Nigel flying back. Rory was proud of the boy, she liked to think she taught him that.

Hermione and Ron were next. Fred and George had a bet placed beside her, although she loved Ron, she couldn't understand why George had thought he could win, Hermione was a witch prodigy.

As Aurora had previously predicted, Ron didn't last long until he too was thrown back in the same fashion Nigel had been. Fifth year girls huddle around Mione in congratulations, a range of giggles of all pitches came from her side.

Ron on the other hand revived a disappointing glance from George who had lost fifteen galleons in his name. Rory outwardly scoffed when Ron said "I let her do that."

Aurora was elected to go next. Her stomach felt queasy, she wouldn't have been surprised if she threw up then and there. Her opponent was Cormac himself. He looked ever so arrogant from his side of the room, Rory was eager to prove him wrong.

She had read that it's never smart to initiate the battle so she allowed him to fire first. Although the intention was to see who could shoot faster Aurora figured a nice 'proteggo' would suit her well. The curse deflected off her and on to Cormac.

The wizard flew backwards and landed on his behind, she couldn't help but giggle. He on the other hand seemed somewhat put off, though as he looked at her, he gave her that same grin.

Cheers erupted from her friends, and she retreated back to the side and succumbed wide smile, it remained for the rest of the lesson.

Her eyes levelled down to her watch, she nearly cursed when she saw the time. She was already twenty minutes late to her study session with Theodore, she had forgotten it was Friday.

She quickly excused herself before rushing off to arrive to her study lessons. Rushing down the levels she prayed he wouldn't be rude about her tardiness. Knowing Nott, he probably would've, that didn't stop her from hoping.

She rushed past, not failing to send her pleasant smiles to the individuals she made eye contact with, including Madam Pince, who she noticed had started reading a different tale, she didn't have time to state her observation.

She rushed to the desk and sat down quickly. Unpacking her things as though they were red hot coal. 

Theodore sighed. Great. "Nice of you to join." The sarcasm in his voice was angering her.

"Sorry." She apologised. "I forgot." That was a shitty excuse they both knew she of all people would never just forget, thankfully he didn't press her.

He himself, was especially angered by her presence. She was unaware that when he smirked at her earlier that day, Tracey Davis had noticed.

He knew they shared the same intentions when they met up in the seventh level floor. Auroras presence not only shifted the mood majorly but Davis did not appreciate his antics. She had accused him of checking her out. Like he would ever. She said, and he quoted. 'What are you doing with me if you clearly want to do her?'

He had attempted to reassure her that her accusations were false, but Tracey wouldn't have it, she stated that she wasn't just some distraction before she marched off. Fair enough, he thought. Tracey deserved more than that, but she wasn't just seconds so he decided that he was pissed off with Aurora for ruining a good time for him.

He was also angry at her because of that stupid boom. The virgins suicides. He began reading it the night prior and to say he wasn't bored was a major understatement. He hated that she was right, it was genuinely good, not that he'd ever admit that aloud.

Though he wasn't wrong when he guessed the story would be depressing. He had just reached Cecelia's death scene, before going to bed. It was undoubtedly tragic, a girl at thirteen ending her own life. Surrounded by family and love but with that the rules and regulations of the cruel world and strict mother.

He would never admit that he was currently thinking of the book to Aurora, nor would he ever tell her that he was reading it as he waited for her arrival and that it was currently resting at the top of his bag amongst his textbooks and notes.

He examined her from across the table. Her fingers were twitchy, she was nervous. He doubted he had that sort of effect on her, he knew he made it clear he disliked her and in return she disliked him, something was on her mind.

She had arrived in a dazed state breath puffing, perhaps she had just returned from something. Based off the constant glances around the room he guessed she was paranoid, something was on her mind, he guessed it was a secret one that she seemed eager on keeping.

He assumed it wasn't hers to share and that it could potentially hurt others, he wanted to find out what it was but when he thought about it he realised he didn't have the time. Drowning in schoolwork and Quidditch he was, along with his scheming to out Aurora, he didn't need to dedicate any more time to her than necessary, no matter how much it could hurt her. He would love to watch her suffer but he was already doing enough.

They continued to study throughout the late evening, the light fading as they worked. It was rather annoying how much time they would have to dedicate to their assignment, especially since they had to learn to tolerate each other while doing so, but they would attempt to for the sake of their learning.

That didn't stop Theodore from being an asshole. He never stopped teasing or looking for opportunities to bicker, no matter how much she resisted, no matter how many times she smiled or claimed herself he continued to annoy her.

Rory could swear at that point he was trying to get a rise out of her. If only she knew. He was getting more and more creative with his constant jabs and little quips. The glares and smirks progressed as did the urge to whack him. On numerous occasions that afternoon they found themselves disagreeing on the topic of the assignment and other unimportant topics.

To his dislike, no matter how rude, snappy, bossy, asshole-y he was acting she never failed to deliver a polite gesture or action.

He was particularly grossed out by her kindness. The lowest parts of him began to ponder on the moment he exposed her. He liked picturing it. In his head he imagined her throwing a fit or better yet a full blown temper tantrum.

He imagined her even hitting someone in her raged state, the thought made him laugh aloud. She looked up from her book to him in confusion. He merely rolled his eyes before saying, "What?"

She sighed before looking back down not even bothering to answer him. There was the Aurora he knew and despised. The part that he couldn't wait to show everybody. The part that he recognised when no one else could. The part that sighed at people, swore, yelled, hit even, the part that he could somewhat learn to tolerate.

__________________________________
AN

I didn't really know what I wanted to do with this chapter, please excuse any errors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.7K 1K 35
"love is heavy and light, bright and dark, hot and cold, sick and healthy, asleep and awake - its everything except what it is" theodore not x fem...
3.3M 101K 85
In which the sun polar the moon and chaos parts in the midst of it. "Are you my sweet witch or Nott's pretty girl, Clarke?" Draco grinned as she buc...
14.4K 448 26
This is a long story skip to the lemon if you want ya weirdos **slow burner with a lot of lore** A famous pure blooded young witch seems to have caug...