School bus graveyard (Ben x r...

By okboomer808

"Help! Help!" I cried. I have no idea where I am or what are these running after me but I do know that I need... More

Character info
The Girl
Care bear
Savannah
A/n
Fight
DISCONTINUED
New story

Afraid

584 7 0
By okboomer808

Y/n POV

"Don't you think it's ironic that we chose this place for shelter because of it's high walls and now we have to fortify them." I laughed out filling a container up with water.

"Yea well we didn't exactly predict that the phantoms could scale a concrete, thirteen foot wall." Tyler snapped .

Gee, what exactly is his problem? I hope he isn't always like this. Ashlyn then pointed out that we weren't just here because of the high walls but also because of materials, tools and in addition, an electric generator besides the fact it's easy access because her father owns the property.

"Well I don't really think it's worth all the effort to get here." Tyler said and also added the fact that we all have to desperately run for our lives to get to this graveyard whereas all home girl had to do was cross her backyard. After some time we agreed upon a location where we all can meet up to come to the graveyard.

xxxxx

"Did you see how I did that Taylor?" Ashlyn's mom asked to which she replied yes nervously. They said since I'm "Number 7." Which makes me an odd number I get to pick which team I get to be on so I chose her mom since... well isn't it obvious? She hella attractive and gosh wouldn't it be heaven to train with a woman like that!

"Alright Y/n your up since Taylor isn't ready." Ashlyn's mom said calling me up. I think I have watched enough anime for the moment well.. besides the fact my mom was a skilled street fighter and had taught me a bit before her and dad left for Italy to do god knows what.

"Alright, bring it on!" I said taking a fighting stance.
"That's the spirit!" Ashlyn's mom exclaimed coming at me full speed.
Once she swung a fist at me I ducked , spun swiftly behind her and elbowed her in the back. She stumbled a bit but recovered quickly did a roundhouse to knock me to the ground but I took that opportunity to swing my leg and knock her down.

"Damn lady, I thought we we're learning the basics!" I laughed stretching.
"Well how can I go basic mode on you when you move so fast!" Ashlyn's mom laughed along with me. "Well, that's it for today." Ashlyn's dad said as he and the other group walked over.

"THAT WAS IMPRESSIVE, YOU SHOULD GIVE IT A GO WITH ME SOMETIME." Aiden said pumping a fist in the air.
"Is that so? Well, get ready to get your ass kicked." I laughed.

Ashlyn's mom then invited us inside for board games and sandwiches but we well they declined.

xxxxTime skip: I'm too lazy to type out everything else but Ashlyn hears something goes to check it out but only sees a crow but swore she heard actually footsteps. xxxx

"Finally, we're done!" Logan sighed after setting up the last solar powered light.

We all sat on the wall, looking down at the phantoms. I wasn't able to do much but I bought everyone some cool tech wear like suits.

"How are we gonna be able to deal with that?" Taylor asked.
"Most of them will be distracted by the traps we had set up" Ashlyn answered. "But let's go over the plan one last time."She added and claimed back down as the rest followed behind all except Ben and I who stayed on the wall.

"Listen about earlier, I'm sorry about being so grim and sour. I just was going through it yknow I- I didn't." Before I could finish my apology, Ben placed his hand on my shoulder and nodded as if he was saying not to go on, that he understood.

"NO!"

We both jumped and looked down to where everyone else was.

"I'm getting that Jeep!" Ashlyn ragged. "Even if decide we don't need guns, we're still gonna have to get out there to see how this place works and get outta here!"

Ben POV

I decided that maybe it was time to go down there in case the situation escalated but Y/n kept my hand in a tight hold.
"I'm sorry, I just- the energy down there is just uneasy right now." She told me still holding my hand but with a loosened yet firm grip.

"Hey Ash, maybe you should-"

"Don't tell me what to do!" Ashlyn exclaimed and went on about how it's his fault and she's leader and all sorts of yada yada bullcrap. "Listen I'm just as afraid as the rest of you but I'm the best suited to take on this responsibility right!? And to try and find a way out of this mess and protect you guys!"

"I'm sorry." Taylor apologized. And went on saying shit about how much pressure Ashlyn is in.
I can hear Y/n grinding her teeth together, clearly pissed.

"Nah uh." She said jumping down before I could get a good grip on her hand.

"No Taylor, don't apologize for being afraid. We all fucking are and I get it Ashlyn, we all had been looking up to you for answers and ideas so far which placed under a bunch of pressure but remember we are all in this together and we all are to help each other. It's okay to be afraid and showing that you are is completely normal." She said getting closer to Ashlyn.
"I-"
"I'm not done. There is no "leader" in this shithole. One team, one mind." Y/n said climbing back up the wall.

I gave her and uneasy look then she sighed. "I know man I just... she just low key made me felt as if we were all just a burden regardless of her intention." I frowned and pulled her into a hug which resulted in her just melting in my arms.
"Ugh thank you, I've just been so on edge and irritable lately and getting pissed at every little inconvenience just makes me more pissed." She said with her voice muffled as she buried her face into my shoulder.

Feeling her hot breath on my neck made my face burn up, my eyes were literally watering a bit from the heat.

"LETS GEAR UP BITCHES!" Aiden shouted.

xxxxxx

Y/n pov

I didn't have to gear up much since I was staying back with Logan.
"Hey, before we go. I just wanted apologize for.. snapping at you guys."
"It's alright, we all have our moments." Taylor replied after a brief silence.
I love that chick, she's legit the peacemaker up in this bitch.

"Alright then, let's do this."

xxx

"You sure your injury is okay?" Ashlyn asked Logan.
"Yea, it's pretty much gone now. Weird isn't it?" He answered raising up his shirt.
"Holy shit, that looks rad as fuck." I said touching his scar.
"Okay let's get position then." Ashlyn muttered.
"Now?" Aiden asked as Ashlyn nodded in reply.

PARTY WALKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT!!
EVERYONE JUST HAVE A FUN TIME!!!

"Seriously? Party Walkers?" Tyler asked.
"It's a good song!!" Aiden replied rushing off the ground on the other side of the wall leaving everyone in shock but followed nonetheless using the ropes of course.

"You think they'll be okay?" Logan asked me.
"Honestly I don't know but I hope so." I replied.
"...."
"Well I'm about to move to your school next week, i thought it'd be better that way than to just fill me in with the information you guys gather each day." I said breaking the silence.
"Well... you sure it isn't about that fight you got into?" He asked.
"Huh?" I wasn't expecting that.
"Ne-never mind, it's not my place to ask. I-"
"No... it's fine. Yes that is the actual reason...but the other reason is why I specifically pick your school." I said cutting him off. He nodded in understanding.
"Y/n, you can also open up to us even though your new and stuff we're in this together so I don't think there's a need to make yourself closed off." He said.

After that, a comfortable silence lingered. It was nice and peaceful, peaceful enough to make me forget about our current situation.

"What are they doing?" Logan whispered to himself. I picked up my shotgun and crawled over his side to look out. It looked as if the were in some sort of argument.

"Guys we can't find the keys! Stay there, we're going in the house to go get 'em." Ashlyn's voice said from the walkie talkie.

"I thought you placed them in the Jeep!" Logan replied.
"I DID, just- - stay there and keep watch." Ash replied before cutting out.
"Okay, be careful." Logan said as his soul left his body. Homie literally turned two shades lighter which I didn't think was possible.

"The music must've stop." Logan said looking around.
"Wait.. that means- WE HAVE TO WARN THEM MORE WOULD BE COMING!" I said pulling out my walkie talkie.

"ASHLYN!" Logan shouted pointing at the roof.

"Guys! The music stop! You gotta get outta there, ASAP!!" I warned keeping my eyes on Ash and the phantom. Logan stayed in position with rifle in hand, trembling.

"Logan come on you got this, take a deep breath in."
"But-."
"I said, deep breath in."
He did as I ordered then looked into the scope of the rifle.
"That's it, clear your mind and then pull-."

BANG!!

We both looked at the dead phantom in shock.
"We-We did it..."
"NO, YOU DID THAT!" I praised. "YOU DID IT!" I exclaimed gripping his shoulders and shaking him out of excitement.

"Well...that's not good." Logan stammered looking down at all the phantoms the gunshot attracted.

"Nope, not good at all." I added but my annoyance turned into pure worry when the ran in the direction of Ben and the rest.
"Guys you gotta hurry up! There's about 20 phantoms heading your way!" Logan shouted.

BANG! BANG!

"Hm, make that 18." I said looking at Logan with a grin. "There's so many of them!" He said looking at the swarm surrounding the house. "Will the find a way out?"

"They're gonna find a way out... they have to." I reassured Logan.

Ben... please god, the universe, who ever is out there. If not anyone else let Ben survive.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
End of chapter 5
A/n: YES HUMANS, I AM ALIVE!! Hopefully I'll have the next chapter prepared in the next two days or so... tootles!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 844 16
Ashlyn is a loner in high school with no friends. But when a fateful visit to a haunted house causes her and her classmates to see monsters at night...
89K 1.9K 27
I was taking a late night stroll through my neighborhood. I felt the cold wind blowing lightly in my face as I put the hood to my jacket over my head...
17K 402 31
This is the ending of the chapter ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• -I Will ask you some questions, can you answer them? *Nods* -Okay...
535K 18.7K 75
"You, it can't be true. You're alive?" she paused. "How can this be true, you died. Everyone died that day! You can't be alive" The boy just looked...