Love and Other Delusions | Ch...

By Anneti-social

Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli... More

Return to Liyue
Cold in Snezhnaya
A wave of Goodbyes
A short trip to Mondstadt
A song of chance
Return of the Hero
Hide and Seek
The Hunter
The Rebel
Waverider
On the shores of Narukami
The Witch, the Fox and the Puppet
Retracting Waters
Tidal Wave
Celestial Voyager
Momiji Dyed Battle
What Now Remains
Distant Crackling
Tide Withholder
Vortex of Turmoil
Fickle Cloudstrike
Havoc: Formless Blade
Teapot to Call Home
The Puppet's Strings
Irodori Festival
Rustles from afar
The Puppet's Eyes
Bottoms Up
Strings
The Masterplan
Morepesok
Welcome Wagon
Empty Seat
Finale

Havoc: Annihilation

1.5K 42 28
By Anneti-social

After a very exhausting training session, Childe did eventually tell the other soldiers of his now official relationship with the very famous traveler. Of course he was the type to boast of that occasion even though they technically didn't even meet the condition Childe gave.

They were of course no match for a former Harbinger. Even when they all went at him at once, they did not stand a chance.

They did come to a close call, almost being able to unarm Childe's weapon. It's a shame for them that he was a little too quick on his feet for them to outsmart him. But Childe commended him for being able to come that close.

"No wonder the Captain is extra inspired for today." A soldier said as they took a seat.

"Hah, if I had a lover as amazing as the legendary traveler I'd probably feel as motivated as Captain Ajax." Another said.

"Too bad there's only one of her." The soldier that spoke earlier said.

"And too bad she's already mine." Childe butted in the conversation.

The soldier, Tanaka, laughed. "Well if there's anyone more fit for her I would say Captain is the best candidate." He said.

Childe laughed. "I like how you think but that's not gonna earn you any brownie points from me. You're still doing the workout punishment." Childe said. The other soldiers laughed.

"No escaping from the 100 meter jog Tanaka." One of them teased. "It was worth the try." Tanaka said.

As they chattered amongst themselves before being dismissed, Childe noticed a strange presence around their premises.

"Alright, that's it for today's training so I hope you all regained your energy to get back home by now. You're all free to go, and maybe take a day off for tomorrow too since your body might need it after the sparring we all did." Childe said.

"Yes Captain." They all saluted before packing up and leaving the area one by one.

"Planning on a date tomorrow Captain?" Nakamura, the brave soldier who was the first to spar with Childe during the session, asked him with a teasing smile.

"Perhaps, perhaps not. Enjoy your rest day soldier." Childe patted his back.

Nakamura laughed. "Will do Captain." He said with a smile before running to catch up with another fellow soldier.

And as the last of them left, Childe then proceeded to patrol the area. Scanning for any anomalies.

Alas, there was none. But still, there was a lingering feeling that he was being watched.

***

"Ajax, you're back!" Lumine greeted with a smile. Paimon was hovering beside her, focused on the picture book she had on her hands.

"Anything interesting happen here?" Childe asked.

"Not much, Ayaka showed us her mother's novel collection. And Ayaka's illustration books from when she was young." Lumine explained, waving the book on her hand. "What about you?"

"Well we did a sparring session for today's training." Childe said.

"You didn't beat them up did you?" Lumine asked.

"Not too brutally, but they did all lose." Childe shrugged.

"Not too brutally?" Lumine raised an eyebrow.

"None of them came home bruised and badly injured if that's what you're concerned about." He said. Lumine kept her eyebrow raised. "Alright, maybe some of them came home bruised but nothing serious."

"And you took on all of them? All today?" Lumine now had her arms crossed.

"Yeah, it's no big deal-"

"You didn't overwork yourself did you?" Lumine cut him off. Childe looked at her confused.

Then when realization dawned him, his expression quickly shifted to a teasing one. "Maybe a little." He said.

He quickly noticed Lumine's change in expression. Worried, she's so worried.

"I bet he enjoyed those spars like the obsessed fighter he is." Paimon muttered.

Childe laughed. "Maybe a little." He repeated.

"Well, if that's the case then I'll get the bath ready for you. Thoma said dinner is might take a little longer to prepare since he's learning a new recipe." Lumine said.

"Ah, no need. I can do it myself." Childe said.

"I insist." Lumine argued before heading to the bathroom quickly to get the water running.

Paimon eyed Childe as he sat down. "You two are acting more and more like a married couple." She commented.

Childe gave her a satisfied look. "Does that make you our child then?"

"What?! Paimon is not a little kid!" Paimon pouted, setting down what clearly looked liked one of Ayaka's children's book.

Childe just gave her a look before laughing. "Sure." He teased.

"So, anything exciting happen here while I was out training?" Childe asked, changing the topic before Paimon would vanish in thin air once again.

"Not much, we just stayed here and read books." Paimon said. "Wait a minute, shouldn't you be asking this to Lumine? Don't blame Paimon if you two run out of topics to talk about."

Childe laughed. "Believe me there are plenty more topics to talk about than how your day went. Plus, I wouldn't mind hearing how her day went again even if I already heard it from you."

Paimon crossed her arms. "Then why did you ask Paimon if you were going to ask her again in the first place?"

"Courtesy I guess?" Childe shrugged.

A knock on the door was then heard, interrupting the two's conversation.

"Dinner's ready." Thoma announced.

"We'll be right there!" Paimon waved.

***

Childe didn't really say he postponed his training for the day. He did leave the house on schedule though.

He took it as a time to investigate around where they did usually train. He did technically go to where he was supposed to, but not do what he was supposed to do there.

But, in the end he found himself with no leads. By afternoon he figured he would just go back to the Kamisato Estate and enjoy the rest of his day off. Perhaps even do as he teased, take the traveler out on a date.

***

"Everyone's quite busy here, aren't they?" Lumine commented as they walked down the streets of Ritou.

"I heard from somewhere that a festival's going to be held here in the next few days." Childe said.

"In Ritou?" Lumine looked at him surprised.

"Well, I only heard it from Thoma a while back but it's some sort of literary festival. He said some bards and writers from other lands will be coming to Inazuma for the celebration." Childe said.

"Well that explains the decorations." Lumine nodded. "Still though, is it just me or is it out of the blue?"

"It's just you. I don't wanna rub it to your face but you were kind of away for quite some time." Childe shrugged before laughing.

Lumine glared at him. "Well thanks for the wake up call then." Lumine rolled her eyes.

"You're welcome my starlight." He said giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

"Wha-" Lumine took a step away from him, glared, but then huffed in frustration. "You're lucky I like you." She muttered.

"What was that?" Childe asked, even though he heard well what she just said.

"Nothing." Lumine blushed.

Childe laughed. "I love you too." He whispered to her ear slyly before taking her hand and proceeding to walk with a huge grin on his face.

Them walking around with their hands intertwined was like seeing a celebrity couple walk down the streets, people around them looked at them intently. Well, the traveler is some sort of a celebrity so perhaps it was the case.

"This would be way better once the festival starts." Lumine commented, staring at the group who were setting up stalls and decorations.

"Then we'll go back here once it starts." Childe said. "I'm pretty sure Ayaka would even personally invite you to come."

"Yeah, I'd love that."

***

"Look at you, playing house." A wicked chuckle from behind was heard. "Must be nice."

Childe swiftly turned his head around, trying to find the source of the voice. No one. He looked around once more but all he saw was vast emptiness.

"Are you having fun?" The voice said once more.

"Not as much as you apparently. You've been laughing for the past few minutes." Childe said, frustrated.

"I must admit this is quite entertaining." Another chuckle. "So this is where the number 11 of the Fatui Harbingers. Didn't know you went MIA to chase after a lovely life with the famous outlander."

"Can you blame me when you went MIA yourself... Scaramouche?" Childe shifted his eye to his left, and slowly, a figure appeared from the shadows.

Again, laughter was heard from the number sixth of the Harbingers. Then his gaze became serious, his laughter stopped abruptly as he eyed the other Harbinger before him.

"You're quite wicked aren't you? Toying with that poor traveler's feelings for so long that you're now deceiving yourself too." Scaramouche paced around Childe.

"Deceiving myself? Hah, what do you know?" Childe crossed his arm.

"She doesn't have it. The gnosis." Scaramouche said.

"I don't need it." Childe said confidently.

"But she is worth one." Scaramouche gave him a smirk. "I'm sure that's worth getting the Captain's attention. Better yet, the Tsaritsa."

Childe gave him a stare. A long taunting gaze.

"I'm not interested." He said firmly.

Again, a laugh from the Balladeer. "Suit yourself. But you better watch out, that information is something not only I know."

----/----/----

Hi hello I'm sorry for the long wait, school. We're back on face-to-face classes and it's hard ~(>_<。)\

I'm not happy about the fact that Sumeru is here now but i have no time to explore bc of school ಥ_ಥ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1.5K 40
"...im not gonna lie, that was pretty cringe." What happens when an impulsive but also immature person gets chucked into a game that they're in love...
114K 4.1K 21
โ™กโ‡ข "๐˜ /๐˜ฏ... ๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. [...] ๐˜–๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜'๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜Ž๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ... ๐“˜'๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๏ฟฝ...
99.9K 4.9K 19
๐€ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐€๐ฒ๐š๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ โžถโžถโžถโžถโžถโ™ก It's not easy being the head of the flourishing and famous Miyazaki Estate, but that's preci...