Wandering Paws [genshin impac...

By primogemz

y/n was the usual sleep deprived teen, except spent their days staring at a screen grinding artifact and prim... More

Important Note
Prologue - Hello, I Am Unda Da Wota, Help Me, BLRGHLRBNRGHR
Chapter 1 - This is very cold.
Chapter 2 - Never Fear, Barbara's Here!
Chapter 3 - Mondstadt Needs Better Security
Chapter 5 - Adoption
Chapter 6 - Orphan Tears
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿ‘
Chapter 7 - Death Trails
dont mind me just bullshtting my way through plot
Chapter 8 - Leash
Chapter 9 - WE GOT ANEMO BOIS
Chapter 10 - Imagine A Cat Becoming A Criminal For Killing God
Chapter 11 - Mighty And Illuminated Old People
Chapter 12 - Aether You Lil Shi-
Chapter 13 - Osmanthus Wine-
Chapter 14 - The Man, The Myth, The Legend!
Chapter 15 - What Is Lost
that is a lot
Chapter 16 - How To Become An Air Raid 101
QnA :D
Chapter 17 - One Step Closer To Disaster Cat
Chapter 18 - *Chuckles* I'm In Danger!
Chapter 19 - Grab The Knife, Disaster Cat
Chapter 20 - Blood Bath
Chapte 21 - Fleeting Memories
sumeri
I gave Rhinedottir a better design
Chapter 22 - I Lied, I'm Still Gonna Update
Chapter 23 - Younger Siblings, Explosive Edition
Teaser For A New Book I Adopted
Adopted Book
Chapter 24 - Dainleif The Gigachad
Zaicim
I'm Uploading Incorrect Quotes Bcs I Haven't Updated For A While
Chapter 25 - Oh No! Anyways
Ort
Chapter 26 - Zero Toleration For Zaicim Sadness
Chapter 27 - He's A Good Boi
Chapter 28 - We Won't Be Reunited
Chapter 29 - Floof
*sweats profusely*
100k Reads Special [yall intimidate me]
Chapter 30 - Ineezmy
Chapter 31 - Eetoe
New Zaicim Design
CATS (no not the wierd furry movie)
update on the cats
Chapter 32 - The Awekaning
Another Story?
I dunnit
Chapter 33 - Oma-omori
ANNOUNCEMENT HELP
Made some changes
Chapter 34 - The You Who Isn't You
art book?
Done
Chapter 35 - Distorted Memories
Guilty as Charged
Chapter 36 - We Do A Little Trolling Here
Slimy Cat
Chapter 37 - Y/n From Ohio
Chapter 38 - Fluffy
Chapter 39 - This Is So Not Slay
Chapter 40 - Charmander
Announcement
Hi

Chapter 4 - Escape Again

18.4K 783 549
By primogemz

'Thought'
"Speak"

Idk wtf im doing with this fic. Also i used proper curse words in this one.

~~~~~~~~~~

"What did I just witness?..." Diluc said in shock. "This is confidential information. Why did you let me know?" Venti proceeded to put away his lyre. "Why? Hmmm... Perhaps the wind are changing." He answered vaguely. "What say you, Master Diluc?" Diluc proceeded put a finger on his chin in thought. "Interesting... Give me some time. I'll organize some contacts." He put his hands down and looked at Aether. "Outlander, as one of the knights it seems you're not a suspect. Blonde is the only description on the wanted poster. You should be safe." He then looked over to Venti. "As for the bard however, it'd be best if you stayed in the tavern." Venti gave a close eyed smile. "Haha, no problem! I like taverns- achoo!"

He started sneezing just after he finished as you came down from the stairs and jumped onto the counter. Diluc eyed you with suspicion. "Why is there a stray cat inside my tavern?" He asked looking at Venti and Aether. "Oh! That's the cat that got stuck on Aethers cape. It's claws got stuck on it while we were stealing the holy lyre and we didn't notice until we came in here." Paimon explained. "You didn't notice a cat stuck on your cape all the way from the church until Angle's Share?" Diluc said while deadpanning at Aether.

"Well, you didn't seem to notice it either." Aether defended himself as another set of sneezes came from Venti. "You don't have any more business here right? Go ahead and uh, -achoo! give the the cat to the cat's tail or something." Venti said while hiding behind a chair from you. You decided to be a lil shit and walk closer to Venti, who then proceeded to run away from you in a fit of sneezes.

Aether sighed and shook his at Venti while he walked closer to you. He picked you up. While in his arms, you started doing the thing where cats turn into loafs. Aether looked over to Diluc. "We can meet up tonight when the tavern closes." Diluc said as he went behind the counter to start making wine for the other customers in the tavern. Aether exited through the door as paimon shortly followed after.

When they were outside the tavern, Paimon proceeded to speak her thoughts about what to do with you. "Well, Venti said to give it to the cat's tail but since we saw it at the church, maybe we should ask around there first." You let out an annoyed meow at constantly being called "it". The meow was barely audible but Aether heard you and eyed you warrily, slightly worried about getting scrathed by you. He then looked back at Paimon and nodded, proceeding to walk past all the guards that were searching for him as they didn't even bat an eye at him.

~~~~~

Right before entering the church he noticed someone looking around in the bushes for something. Paimon seemed to notice it too as she looked at the girl searching around frantically. "Umm... is she okay?" She didn't even let Aether tell her what he thought before she floated towards the girl, Aether following after her with a slightly annoyed face.

"Hey there! Are you okay? You seem to be a bit panicked and we couldn't help but notice you." Paimon asked as she hovered over the girl inspecting the bushes she was looking through. "Oh, sorry to have worried you. I was just looking for a cat that I was taking care of for a while." Aether seemed to perk up at this but was distracted as you jumped out of his arms.

You gently booped the girl that you very much knew was Barbara, and was definitely looking for you. She turned around to see what touched her, but her worried face quickly melted into one of relief after seeing it was you. "There you are! I was looking for you everywhere! I thought someone had took you for whatever reason since the door was open." She looked up at Aether and Paimon to thank them "Thank you for looking after them. I don't know how they opened the door but at least they're not in trouble."

"No need to thank us! We just uhh... saw them in... uhm." Paumon stopped mid sentence realising that telling her that they found you near the holy lyre was probably a bad idea. Noticing her trouble with lying Aether made one up for her. "We saw them wandering the streets injured so we took them in. Well, now that they're here, you can have your cat back."

Paimon spoke up now curious about your wound. "Why exactly are they injured anyways? And what's their name?" She asked. "Well, they actually aren't my pet. I found them injured near windrise so I took them in to nurse them back to health. After they had recovered, I planned on releasing them back into the wild or giving them a forever home as someone's pet in mondstadt. Again, thank you. I'll go check on her wound back inside the church."

"As for their name... I don't know yet." Barbara said as she put a hand on her chin. "Oh! Paimon knows! How about Fluffy!" You glared at Paimon. "What kind of name is that?! I already have a name! Its y/n!" to them it just sounded like a really loud meow. "They seem to like it." Barbara said misinterpreting what you were trying to say. She then picked you up and waved goodbye as she left to check you're injury as you flailed in anger at your new name.

She entered through the large front gates and opened the door to the same room you were in before your lyre shenanigans, except there was one thing different. Best boi Bennett was in one of the beds with several bandages wrapped around him. He was asleep so  he didn't notice you and Barbara.

She put you down on one of the unoccupied beds and brought out her medical supplies. She unwrapped the bandage to check on your wound. It was already halfway to healing despite being quite severe just yesterday. She healed your wound with her hydro vision and replaced your old bandages with new ones. After that she put down a water bowl and food bowl by the bed. She gave you one head pap and then left.

You tried to open the door again but this time it was locked. 'Wait, wtf is Bennett supposed to do if he wants to leave then-' looking around the room, there wasn't really much to do. Walking closer to one of the cabinets where Barbara stored her medical supplies, you noticed one of them was a bottle with a turquoise liquid inside that glowed. You tried to open it but yeah, it was also locked. Instead, you decided to pester Bennett next.

You walked towards his bed and looked looked at his bag that was beside it. It was dirty, scratched and looked like it has been to hell and back. So you decided to open it. It was filled with various items needed for adventuring, band aids, food, water, bird poop. Wait wha-

The windows were what caught your attention next. Jumping up onto the bed you looked at the window. It wasn't designed to be opened and was just a fancy glass pane with white curtains. Some of the frames of certain windows were looser than the others. You tried to squeeze your head through the loosest one, your body slowly following after and squeezing through the frames like liquid. Your whole body was now outside the church sitting the window sill, you still remembered that you could use geo after eating the fish, so maybe eating some other fish or other element infused food can allow you to manipulate more elements. You should also work on controlling said elements, you wanted to be able to fight back when needed and were curious to find Khaenriah. Your memories of the game storyline were a bit blurry, especially as they get closer to game's end.

You jumped down the window sill and decided to try raiding the small alchemist lab by the plaza. You were sure you could find all sorts of potions there. A lot of them would have elemental energy in them, so maybe you could try drinking them, see the outcome and pray you won't die.

As you got closer to the plaza, all sorts of new smells, sights, and sounds began to fill your senses. You had been here while Barbara was taking you to the church, but you were tired and sleepy and didn't notice shit. You noticed Sucrose standing by the alchemy bench creating some sort of potion. She was holding 2 test tubes. One test tube had a bright purple liquid in it that had an electric glow to it. The other had a bright pastel yellow liquid that had a soft glow. You walked past her near the shelves as you heard a small poof come from the bench, thankfully she didn't seem to notice you.

You checked all the shelves and there were plenty of potions full of all sorts of elements but a lot of them were locked behind cabinets though. Your nose suddenly caught the scent of some sort of plant. You silently jumped onto the shelf that had the plant, and looking at it, it was some sort of powder contained in a jar. It had a dim turquoise glow, but the powder itself was a mossy green. You then picked up the jar, jumped off the shelf and ran into an empty alleyway between two houses in mondstadt.

Putting the jar down, you used one paw to hold the base of the jar and the other to twist the lid open. After you got the jar open you knocked it over to spill the powder. You gave it a curious sniff, and it smelled somewhat sweet. You then gave it a few small licks to consume the anemo energy. It tasted like f/f (favourite food) but you still didn't feel the same tingling you did on your back when you ate the fish, maybe you just needed to eat more? As you ate more, your mind became hazy and somewhat lightheaded, but in a good way. Your mind continued to drift off even more as you ate more.

And then you fell asleep.

~~~~~

You woke up covered in the powder and laying in the pile of powder. Now that you smelled it again, it smelled like shit. You shook it off and noticed the label on the empty jar beside you. It was written in the teyvat language, but for some reason you could understand it, as if you had already learned this language. You squinted your eyes to read the writing, and the moment you realised what it said, you wanted to slap yourself.

"Catnip."

And you still didn't even have anemo in you.

"You know what? I'm just gonna find some anemo fish to eat instead." You left the alleyway, the pungent smell of catnip still present in the air. You made towards the small dock to the side of mondstadt to look for fish near the water. When you made it there, you looked through the water and saw no fish except for some sea bass for some reason, but none had elemental energy. You moved to the other sides of mondstadt but there was still no sign of elemental energy. "I don't think I can find anything... aaghhh maybe I should just learn how to use geo properly for now."

You were outside of mondstadt's walls, you could try training to use geo here. It was highly unlikely anyone would find you here. You could already make simple structure and move small pieces of rock you formed. This time, you could try focusing on attacks, like the one geo traveler does in their burst. A prominent tingling feeling was present throughout your entire body as you began to summon your geo energy. You concentrated the geo energy to your paw and batch slapped the ground, a wave of geo forming from the smack and crystallising some of the grass into rocks and some small rocks towers found in a circle around you.

Next, you tried to make some simple catalyst attacks, like what Ningguang does. You moved towards a tree and scratched an x mark on the bark with your claw. You moved back to your original position and began to summon small floating spike of geo around you. They were black with pulsing orange veins. Next, you willed them to stab the tree, all of them hitting somewhere near the x, but none were actually on the middle. So you spent the next few hours trying to git gud at aiming.

~~~~~~~~~~
Im bullshitting my way through the plot at this point.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 112 10
สธแต’แต˜ หขสฐแต’แต˜หกแตˆ'แต›แต‰ แตแตƒแตˆแต‰ หขแต’แตแต‰ แต–หกแตƒโฟหข สทโฑแต—สฐ แตแต‰ As one of the top students at Teyvat High School, F/N has a reputation they need to keep up. Unfortunately, thi...
31.8K 1.2K 23
"i am not and will never be raiden makoto, i know that." the puppet slowly blinked her shimmer-lacking eyes as she stared at the electro archon who k...
6.6K 165 23
( this is my first time writing on wattpad, so please don't judge me TOO much) Y/N L/N was a childhood friend of Kamisato Ayato. Ever since they were...
318K 16.5K 19
[๐˜ž๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ?] ...