My Bosses (18+)

By albm004

Highest Ranking - #1 in Forbidden Romance Highest Ranking - #1 in Love Highest Ranking - #2 in Forever Highe... More

A/N : Starting over... kind of
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
A/N
Chapter 32
Reviews
Epilogue

Chapter 17

146K 3.6K 247
By albm004

I got home and Calli stood there next to the couch, beers in hand with pizza on the table.
"Movie night?" She asked.
I nodded and walked to her. We began watching sappy movies and she didn't push me to y'all. That's what I loved about her. She wouldn't push.
When the movie was over, she turned her body toward me.
"So, what did my stupid brothers do?"
"Well you know about the wedding incident,"
"Mhm," she replied.
"After we left the hospital, we went to stay at their house. Austin was sweet and caring but Kane turned into a total asshole. He told me that my wreck was my fault and that I should have been paying attention. Then the next morning he told me to get out and leave the two of them alone because they didn't need a lawsuit or some bullshit. I don't know," I groaned.
Calli sat quiet for a moment. "Why is he being such an asshole?"
"I don't know. But he is right, I should leave them alone. I'm only harming them."
"What the hell? Anna! No you are not."
I just looked away from her.
"Look," she began. "I know."
"Huh?"
"I know that you don't have feelings for Kane anymore."
I stared at her, mouth agape.
"And deep down, I think Kane knows it too, which would explain the acting up. But, Austin has no idea. He deserves to know that you're in love with him and that you don't want to be shared. You want to be his. Only his."
"How'd you know?" I asked.
"Anna, I've known you almost my whole life. I know you."
I smiled and laid my head in her lap. "I don't know what to do."
"Yes you do." She whispered.
••••••••••
A few weeks went by with no communication between Kane, Austin or I. It was as though we ceased to exist to each other. I missed Austin. Bad.
I walked into Double C Cafe and began baking before the morning rush.
The bell chimed.
"Hey Anna," Tracy called.
"Hi," I smiled.
"What can I do to help?"
"If you'll just go ahead and start flipping the chairs back under the tables, that would be great."
"Okay," she smiled. "How was your night?"
I looked over at her flipping chairs. "It was pretty uneventful. How about yours?"
"Great! I went to a bar with this guy I met a few weeks ago. We made out a little, nothing too scandalous."
I laughed. I really was starting to enjoy her company. She's been a great help the past few weeks. She mans the register while I do the cooking. I let her leave an hour before we close because it doesn't get real busy then. I mainly just count the money up and finish closing.
"So what is he like?" I asked.
"He was sweet but seemed distant. I'm worried that I'm just some sort of distraction. He kept checking his phone all night and looking around the bar."
"Hm, that's weird. Just be careful. Okay?"
She smiled. "I will. I don't have feelings for him or anything, we just hung out."
I smiled and nodded. The door chimed again and Kane walked in.
"Hey, what are you doing here?" Tracy asked. He looked at her, genuinely shocked. "What are you doing here?" He asked.
"I work here," she laughed.
My head started spinning. Kane was the guy Tracy was seeing. I wasn't upset, I was just confused. And angry. He was using her. I knew he was.
"Kane," I interjected. "May I speak with you? Alone?"
He nodded and followed me to my office. I shut the door behind him.
"What are you thinking?" I growled.
"What are you talking about?"
"Don't you dare use her Kane."
"That's what you think of me? Really? Am I just some piece of shit player to you?"
"No Kane, I'm just saying. She's a good girl. If you are just using her then leave her be."
"I can't believe you Annabelle."
"Kane, seriously. You have been awful to me and you're really going to have to balls to make me the bad guy?"
He looked shocked before dropping his head. "I know, I'm sorry."
"Sorry doesn't cut it anymore Kane. I just want to be left alone."
"Please come back Anna, I've just been in a bad place. I promise I'll get better."
"Maybe you will Kane, but you won't be getting better with me."
He nodded and turned toward the door. "I'm not gonna hurt her," he said. "I just wanted someone to hang out with. Morgan's been MIA lately so I haven't had anyone to help with my problems."
"I understand. Morgan is a great person to talk to. Just call her, instead of stalking her around at work." I laughed. I heard his low chuckle.
"Will do."
"Goodbye Kane," I said.
"Bye Anna." He began to walk out of the door and then he turned around and looked at me. "I'm not going to give up," he said. "I want you back. Austin does too."
And then he walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 9K 36
'𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖.' |18+| ❝Look at you so open and sexy bent over...
175K 1.8K 74
BLURB After a painful teenage rejection from her crush who happens to be her father's best friend, Sophia is determined to win over his heart at all...
1.1K 17 22
Jasmine has been working for one of the largest investment companies for over 3 years, and now she got a promotion working closely with her boss. som...
1.3K 111 23
**𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄!** 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫... 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 �...