Fallen Determination (Optiona...

De Red_Knife

Determination is one of the strongest things in the whole world that can allow you to mess with the time itse... Mais

Chapter 1: Chase
Chapter 2: Awakening
Chapter 3: New life
Chapter 4: Human?
Chapter 5: Snowdin
Chapter 6: Memories
Chapter 7: Ancient Magic
Chapter 8: New human
Chapter 9: False Hope
Chapter 10: First Blood
Chapter 11: Waterfall
Chapter 12: Just a Machine
Chapter 13: Fire Fight
Chapter 14: Choice
Not a chapter: Announcement
Chapter 15: Promise
Chapter 16: Hotland
Chapter 17: Final Showdown
Chapter 18: The Judgment
Chapter 19: The End
Chapter 20: Retry
Chapter 21: Last Chance
Chapter 22: Time Glitch
Chapter 23: Family Break
Chapter 24: Special Show
Chapter 25: Mother's Wrath
Chapter 26: Part of the family
Chapter 27: Deadly Deal
Another announcment
Chapter 28: Confronting yourself
Chapter 29: Kindred spirits
Chapter 30: The Plan
Chapter 31: The Core
Chapter 32: Lost Hope
Chapter 33: Return of Determination
Chapter 34: Peace
Chapter 35: Final Conflict
Chapter 36: New Beginning
Chapter 37: Inner conflict
Chapter 38: Horror
Chapter 39: The Human
Chapter 40: Alone
Chapter 41: The Echo
Chapter 42: All-in
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Searching for help
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 58

328 17 12
De Red_Knife

- Here, drink this, - Undyne said and gave me a glass of water. But this water wasn't purely clean, so I could only guess what this lady decided to add there, - This should decrease the pain for now.

I looked at Undyne with little surprise while holding my head with hand. It felt like it's going to literally explode because of all pain I was in, but even through these sufferings I noticed some sort of... Anxiety in her eyes. She was completely different from Undyne I know...

Robo-Undyne was kinda reckless in her deeds and even some sort of cruel. Meanwhile this one... It was completely different person. With her attitude there was no way she'll ever raise her spear at somebody's else head.

I couldn't help, but I started to... Actually like her in some way...

She reminds me of...

Of...

I shook my head, getting all these thoughts out of my head and drank water from the glass she gave me. It took only minute or so to decrease the pain significantly.

- Thanks, - I mummbled through disgust. After all that taste of that painkiller was just awful. It felt like I just drank water from puddle or something.

Finally I overcame my own disgust to this taste and rubbed hole on my forehead with my hand. Jesus, it felt so weird to have hole in my head and still be... Like alive.

- Eugh, can you stop doing that? It's disgusting! - Alphys grimaced at what she saw.

- Sorry, I just... It itches...

SCRATCH SCRATCH

- Hold on, I think I got some bandages somewhere here, - Undyne said and started to search this room around.

- So... - I started and looked at Alphys, - Where exactly did she went?

- She ran away back at the Waterfall. That's all I know, - she shrugged.

- So what's the plan then? Are we going to search her in whole Waterfall? That place is, like, huge, you know, - Boogie decided to join in conversation.

- No, only Boogie and me will go there. There's no need for Alphys to interrupt.

- Excuse me?! - Alphys got offended and frustrated while she clenched her fists, - Why the hell am I supposed to sit here while you're fighting with dangerous human?! She shot you one time already!

- So she can shoot you as well, - I stated.

- Her bullets can't damage my armor.

- Well, and her bullets can't damage my skeleton.

- About that... - suddenly Undyne came to me and started to cover my wound with bandages, - Your body is... Fascinating, that's true. But that doesn't mean you're invulnerable to her bullets.

- What?

- I mean... You got metallic skeleton and it might save you from few shots or so. But that metal is quite thin, so... Few more shots in the same spot and then there will be no way bringing you back to life.

- Told you! - Alphys continued to resent.

- Look, I need to talk things out with her, NOT kill her. And you'll definitely scare her away again.

- Why the hell do you want to TALK with her? - she said with slight disgust. Looks like she didn't like my idea at all, - She's monster's only hope.

- Exactly! - I exclaimed, - She's monster's only hope for freedom, but that doesn't mean it have to include her death.

- Then how are you going to destroy barrier without her soul?

- We'll figure something out, dino-lady, okay? - Boogie protected me from her meanwhile she just looked away in frustration.

- Whatever your plan is - it's not going to work.

- Well, even if I'll die there - you have my permission to kill her. But before that I'll deal with this myself.

- Fine! - she finally gave up and in same frustration left the room, - I'll prepare suitable coffin for you then.

- Heh, - Undyne smirked while still working on my wound, - It looks like you're really serious about her redemption, huh?

- I belive that she can change. She's not kind of person to kill without actual reason to.

Undyne finished with covering my wound, but she wasn't willing to leave just now. Instead she grabbed nearest chair and sat on it in front of me. Looks like she was kinda interested in this conversation.

- Actually everyone has own reason to kill someone.

- No, - I shook my head in disagreement, - I saw some people that kill other ones just for fun. It's not so complicated as you can see.

- And are you sure that "someone" didn't have his own reasons to commit such deeds?

- I... - I tried to answer, but then went silent. Shifty told me about his reasons, but... Does that really justify him? - Let's skip this topic. Tell me what. You're some sort of... Fish, right? Then what are you doing in the hottest place of the whole Underground? Aren't you supposed to be in the Waterfall?

- Actually you're right, I am supposed to live in Waterfall, - she nodded and then corrected her glasses with index finger, - But this Laboratory supposed to be in Hotland. And since I'm the only Royal Scientist I have no other choice, but to be here.

- And aren't you... I mean, suffering from such high temperatures?

- Nope, - she smiled, - This lab actually have enough air humidity for me to feel myself comfortable.

Then she pointed at some sort of ventilation system, but I could see how water vapor was coming out from it and then dissolving itself in the air.

- I see, - I said in interest and surprise, but then suddenly remembered about something, - About water... Why there are pipes in the Waterfall?

- Pipes? - Undyne looked surprised at first, but then she realized that I was talking about, - Oh these ones. It's plumbing system. Monsters needs some hot water after all, right? Besides, it helps to warm up Underground a bit more.

- But why did I see these pipes only in Waterfall? Where's ones for Snowdin?

- Nah, it got removed, - she carelessly waved her hand, - It was too energy intensive and expensive to channel water to Snowdin. Almost constant repairs because of freezing water in pipes had led to big expenses and our queen decided to cut them off from water supplying.

This explains why I felt how that Snowdin was even more colder than usual one.

- Does that mean... Snowdin simply doesn't have water supply nor any sort of heating?

- Well, it's too rude to put it like that, - Undyne felt a bit of panic after that, but tried to stay calm, - But h-hey, they still can get water in Waterfall after all!

- And what about cold? How are they supposed to survive such temperatures?

I couldn't help, but started to feel some annoyance. In this universe they cut off water supply, because it's too "expensive". In other ones they cut off food supply just to give more of it to royal ones.

- Uhh... - I could notice nervous drop of sweat rushed down on Undyne's face, - I guess, they can still wear warm clothes..?

- Really? - I sighned in even bigger annoyance, - Are you going to let monsters just freeze to death because it's too "expensive" to keep them alive?

- No! - Undyne looked at me with shock, - Of course not! It's only temporarily thing... At least I think so...

She finished while barely whispering her last phrase.

- Are you guys finished? Come on, we have work to do! Let's move already! - Boogie finally interrupted us meanwhile Undyne nearly jumped on one place out of surprise. Looks like she completely forgot about his existence.

- Y-yes, I think you should go, - Undyne said nervously.

- Where's my mask?

- I threw it out.

- YOU WHAT?! - I panicked out.

- It got completely destroyed. I am afraid, there was no way in restoring it anymore.

- Ah god damn it, - I whispered in even bigger annoyance. Things are getting worse and worse with each second, - Boogie, are you ready to move?

- Of course I am. Now just let me to get on your body again...

- No, - I interrupted his vines that already approached me, - You'll move on your own this time. I'll face Chara 1v1 while you'll be my plan B if situation would go worse.

- Fine, - he mummbled, - Let's move.

- Don't get shot, - Undyne said some kind of "goodbye" before I finally left.

- I'll definitely try, - I whispered to myself.

...

Soon we came back to same place where we were fighting with Alphys. Very end of Waterfall, but this time we were moving in opposite direction.

- Okay, we're in Waterfall. Now what? - Boogie interested.

- What? You know the drill. We need to find Chara and talk things out with her.

- And don't get shot, yes, - he added, - But are we supposed to watch over every rock in this place? This will take forever!

I went into my thoughts. Boogie was right. To find Chara we need to know at least slightly her location. Until now search area was too big.

- Like I don't know... You supposed to know Chara better than me. Where could she ever hide? Maybe her... Favourite place or something?

He tried to give me a hint, but then something flickered in my mind and I suddenly started to walk foward at an accelerated pace.

- H-hey! - Boogie got a bit shocked due to that sudden change and then followed me, - Wait for me!

While we were heading foward to Chara's location I saw how Waterfall changed to his bad side. It definately shown us that Chara was here and she wasn't willing to spare anyone this time. I could see some piles of dust right on the ground with some items that monsters had left before they vanished...

Now I knew about dust and what it actually is... And it was making this situation even worse. But also there were some actual alive monsters and maybe they would try to fight me, but... Some were just afraid of another human and some was nearly at death state with few bleeding bullet holes.

- Where are we heading? - flower finally decided to ask, but I didn't answer.

...

Finally we arrived at place. We approached a glade that was filled with beautiful shining blue flowers that were still lighting up all the dark we were in. I believe it's called... Echo-flower.

- Echo-flowers? - Boogie asked in confusion, - What makes you thi-

- Shh! - I cutted him off.

I was trying to be as silent as possible meanwhile Boogie decided to hide under the ground. I was trying to look around every echo-flower in case of danger, but there was too much of them, so I couldn't really focus on finding Chara between them.

Slowly I approached the small river and after I looked closely this place again - I just sighned.

- Damn it, - I sighned in frustration. Looks like this Chara have other places to be in.

But before I tried to go away from here I noticed something lying on the ground right near the river. Bandage completely soaked in someone's blood.

My eyes widened up in realization and I decided to lift it up from the ground. No matter how disgusting I felt - I had to do it... Blood was still fresh. And it means...

I looked at the ground more closely and noticed small dots of blood heading to my right...

A gunshot suddenly interrupted all of this dead silence, but I actually managed to move away just in time before bullet pierced my head. Immediately after that shot I looked at place where she was shooting from, but she already hided behind other flower.

- Quit hiding, Chara! - I exclaimed while looking place around. But it looked like almost if she dissapeared from existence itself.

- How did you even survive?! I killed you! - I heard her frustrated voice mixed with grunting from the pain, but when I looked at that place - there was noone there.

- Trust me, it's hard to explain, - I just sighned while I was still trying to find her. But she was always somehow a few steps ahead of me, - Just come out and we'll just talk. That's it.

But she didn't answer.

After a few moments of silence I heard another gunshot behind me, but it was too late to dodge. But surprisingly, she didn't aim for my head, but for my leg. I couldn't tell if that was some kind of mercy or she just wanted to see me suffer.

- AGH! - I screamed in sudden pain and pressed down my wound with my hand, - Fuck...

- Go away, - she hissed in anger, but I still couldn't find her. Even by her voice.

But this time I stayed silent and tried to pay more attention to details.

- This is none of your business! Go away to hell where you came from!

This time I could see her rushing through all the flowers just for a second, but then I lost track of her again. She was picking better spot to attack...

- I'm sorry, but I can't. Not anymore. But even if I could - I would still tried to stop you from doing all of this.

She didn't answer and this time it was a hint for me. She's preparing her shot, which means she stays in one spot for now. The quiestion is - which flower she choosed?

There it is!

I noticed small dots of blood were just on stem of one of the flowers. Looks like she accidentally messed it up with her own blood. Besides, I noticed how her revolver just reflected the blue light of the flower. Luckily, she didn't yet realize that I found her, so I had a chance to win this hide and seek.

Another gunshot cruely interrupted calming silence of this place, but this time I dodged and while still keeping my momentum - I threw fireball at that flower. Explosion followed by and Chara screamed in pain, informing me that attack was successful. But she quickly came to her senses and hide again.

- You got a nice aim, I'll give you that, - I heard chuckle from her, but this time she was in much more pain than before. And it seems, that pain was distracting her from acting just as stealthy as before.

She was losing her grip on this battle.

- Chara, stop! I don't want to hurt you anymore.

- THEN GET OUT!

She couldn't hold her own fury in herself anymore and then she made another gunshot. But since it was predictable enough - I hitted her with another fireball.

But then she came back to her senses once again - she noticed that this time she lost track of me. Fear slowly started to consume her, so she was forced to randomly point her gun in other directions just to find me.

- Stand your ground. Fight me like a man you're supposed to be! - she tried to insult, but that didn't work out.

- Tell me, Chara. Did monsters deserved all of this? Did they deserve to get killed by you over and over again?

- Stop trying to pretend that you know what's going on here, - she hissed in anger and shot in direction of my sound, but she missed. Her hands were shacking in anger that only made her aim worse.

- They were your friends! And that's how you're going to treat them?!

- SHUT IT! - she shouted and shooted again just to waste her another bullet into nothing, - You don't know anything about me. Nor about these monsters. SO STOP TRYING TO PRETEND THAT YOU CARE!

- I might not know about monsters down here, that's true. But I know one person pretty well... - then she heard voice that was just behind her, - You, Chara.

She pointed her gun at me and pulled the trigger, but this time I wasn't trying to move. She had to click it few more times to realize that she ran out of ammo.

Wow...

That's actually like... Worked out.

- No! - she shouted and all she decided to do is simply throw her very weapon at me in attempt of some weird attack. But I simply pushed it away with my hand.

Meanwhile Chara was already running away from me. But suddenly Boogie's bullets appeared right in front of her, preventing her from leaving.

- Oh I don't think so, - he said with smug grin while I just approached Chara.

- Stay back! - she screamed in panic mixed with anger while I stood in one place just like she asked.

- No need to be afraid. I won't hurt you anymore, - I tried to calm her down with gesture of showing her my empty hands, - But I just want to know. Why did you do it? I know that you detest violence, so it's literally no reason for you to kill them.

But she looked away with unemotional, but extremely sad expression.

- Come on, Chara, - I softly said with compassion, - There's no need in killing anymore. It would be better if you'll just reset and...

- And what? - she interrupted with cold, but frusrtated voice, - Achive happy ending? Spare all of the monsters? You think, I didn't try to? But they... They just refuse to achieve it.

- What? - I asked with confusion, - What do you mean?

- Well, aren't you just a fool... - she chuckled, but even through that I noticed how she was ready to cry. But she tried her best to cover it with her mocking smile, - You're right. I was indeed against violence and I... I wanted to show to others that monsters are not as bad as we all thought. Maybe I could even create new, happy life down here by living with so-called "peaceful" race. But monsters themselves proved me wrong.

Chara noticed my still confused look and just sighned.

- I'm not as strong as all of you are, - she continued, - I can't stop time. I can't summon some powerful fire magic. I'm not even good at combat or dodging. I tried to achieve my happy ending. I really did. But all I was getting from monsters - cruelty and pain. I wasn't able to dodge their attacks well enough, so I was forced to flee. Until I had no choice, but to die over and over nearly thousands of times.

Then she actually couldn't help herself, but to let some small amount of tears meanwhile my soul was ready to break. Not literally of course.

- You really think I choosed this path for my own amusement?! For my own fun?! Monsters were never my friends! They were my executioners! So I had to kill all of them! To show that I'm strong enough to survive this bloody-thirsty world... Monsters are the ones to blame in all of this. But not me.

She tried to calm down, but every second we were spending in silence she was only getting more and more upset and frustrated at the same time.

- But... What about Papyrus? He didn't try to kill you.

- Oh he didn't alright, - she hysterically laughed, - But what did he do to prevent all my sufferings?! He never tried to save me from any of these deaths! And his so precious "promise" is nothing, but a word to him.

I literally had no words to tell after all of this. This whole situation was WAY worse than I expected and looks like Chara indeed had her reasons to fight. She simply wasn't able to achive happy ending, dying endlessly to some monster.

- But still... - I started, - You can still change things and achive your happy ending.

- They doesn't deserve any of it! - she interrupted in anger.

- I understand your will to avenge yourself. But monsters are trapped in here for hundreds of years and many of them are so thirsty for freedom that they don't really realize what they're doing, - I countered meanwhile Chara's angry expression faded out a bit, - Besides, if you won't stop killing - you'll be stuck in this cycle of hatred and revenge forever. So it'll be better for you to change everything for good.

She lowered her head after that and I couldn't tell if she's thinking all of this over or she simply don't want for me to look at her.

- Even if you're right... - she finally whispered, - What can I do? I tried to spare all of them many times before, but every time I failed. What makes you think I'll succeed this time?

- It's quite simple really: you won't be alone this time.

She looked at me again, but this time with pure surprise in her eyes. After a few seconds she looked away again.

- Just tell me WHY are you willing to help me so much? You could've just kill me and do whatever you want with my soul.

- Because I'm willing to do what's right, not what Papyrus or any other monster is telling me. Besides, - I finally approached her close enough, but this time she wasn't willing to beat the shit out of me, so I gently putted my hand onto her shoulder, - You remind me someone I once loved.

Now her pure surprise came back once again, but this time she was staring at me for a while before she could actually do something. It felt like she completely lost control over her body and now I was looking at some statue...

But after a pretty long silence she couldn't help, but cry out loud this time and suddenly hugged me which made me shiver in surprise. I couldn't even belive that she hugged me, more like I expected for her to stab me in the neck... But I just hugged her in response.

- Ugh, - I heard Boogie's annoyed sigh, - I think I'm going to puke any moment now.

Soon our hug was over and she just looked at me with smile. But this time that smile actually looked... Natural.

- Then... See you next reset, - she said through her tears while I just smiled back.

- Let's do it.

(A/N: Hello once again, everyone. And you guessed it: I have another question for you. Would you like to see detailed pacifist route (perhaps 10 chapters long) or should I just cut all of it to really short version?)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

30.1K 1.6K 15
Routine. The entirety of every living thing is dominated by it, human or monster. Everything HAS to be the same. It was in this that you were the exc...
217K 8.8K 23
It was just a normal Saturday. (Y/N) was playing Undertale for the millionth time. She was obsessed. (Y/N) had played all of the routes. True Pacifis...
42.1K 1.2K 14
What instead of having a son, Toriel and Asgore had a daughter? A daughter who never died? A daughter named (y/n). Monsters have been locked in the...
87.5K 2.5K 35
Everyone carries around their dark secrets if it's just one, or many. It doesn't matter, they can't tell anyone. At least they think so. As for (Y/N)...