A Dragon's Tale #Watty's2015

By Tyro619

The year is 1999. Marine, John Alex Mason, friend Hudson James Weaver and brother Issac Tyler Mason, are on... More

In The Begining
Rescue
Final Moments
Unchartted Territory
Fresh Start
Trigger
The Flashback
A Christmas to Remember
A Day Alone
Kidnapped
The Ring
Hudson
Blades, Glory, Machine Guns And Old Friends
Back In The Game
Backstories
The Job
Going In Hot
Together Again
Back In Time
The Draconian Resistance
Syralth and Tesselth
Turn Of Events-Part 1
Turn Of Events-Part 2
Turn Of Events-Part 3
The Morning After
Hide And Seek
Shattered Lives
Lone Survivor
Square Peg, Round Hole
Letters
Romeo Headquarters
Settling In
The Informant
A Vision From Hell
The Next Morning
Roots
Humanity
Yemen
Ghost Stories
Range Day
Night Out
Magnificence
Factory Spec
Down Time
Stock Destruction
Unwelcome Discovery
San Francisco
Lost City
Taro's Sacrifice
Shadow's Revelation
2:00 AM
Daggers
The Hunt Begins
A Long Day
Rain
The Past
Leads
Germany
A Matter Of Taste
Info Wars
A Horrible Plan
Two Brothers
The Tide Of War
Pain
Revelations
Broken Steel
Truths
Reality Check
Another Loss
Heavy Metal
Set Sail
Republic Of Romeo Vs. The United States Of America
The Final Chapter
A Note For The Readers

Down To The Jungle

112 10 0
By Tyro619

Nolan explained to me that the Russians had gotten formally involved in Vietnam's long running civil war and had carried out repeated attacks on Romanian forces in the area where we would be meeting our informant. He also explained that the dragon we would be meeting only wanted "Jackson's Team", so I guessed Nolan took that to mean the people Jackie had been looking for for so many years. Nolan handed me a map of where we would be meeting Marin and that we would be leaving in thirty minutes. I sighed. I had been hoping for the rest that I needed after these past few weeks of constant fighting, but it was what it was I guessed.

I walked back to the barracks and found Adelind and the kids shut up in the room just hanging around. Adelind was lying in our bedroom and the kids were so engrossed in the TV that they hadn't heard me walk in. Adelind had though. I smiled and motioned for her not to move as I crept up from behind the kids. I lowered myself to the ground and as loud as I could, I shouted.

"BRRAAAGGGHHH!"

Their reaction was priceless. Every single one of them cleared at least a foot in the air and Tyson even smacked against the wall, knocking a chip out of his horn. I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"Daddy!!!", Helix whined, "that wasn't funny!!"

"It kinda was", Ace said laughing.

"I seen you jump!", Tyson said, "you were just as scared as we were!"

"It was still funny", Ace said.

I scooped them up with my wing and hugged them tightly.

"Are you back to stay?", Adelind asked walking in.

"No", I said nuzzling her, "were going to Vietnam to meet someone who used to work for Lung Wei.

"Who?", Adelind asked.

"The same dragon who saved Jackie nearly 30 years ago", I said, "his name's Marin."

I walked into the bedroom for my vest and she followed me back.

"The problem is though that the Russians have gotten involved in the country's civil war, and according to Nolan they've carried out a few attacks on our troops in the area", I said, "plus, Marin said that he only want's "Jackson's team", so Nolan assumed that means old Raven."

"So the rest of us won't be coming?", she asked.

"Nope", I said, "I probably wouldn't take you all to a place like Vietnam anyway, especially with what's going on there right now, it's an in and out mission. Honestly shouldn't take long at all, maybe two hours to fly, an hour to carry out the meet and two hours back."

"So five in the afternoon?", Adelind asked.

"About that", I answered.

"Stay safe", Adelind said licking me.

"I will", I replied returning her lick.

I grabbed my vest and walked back into the living room, pulling all the kids close to me.

"I'm going on a job", I said, "behave for your mother."

"We will Dad", Ace said.

"Good", I said, "I expect you to rat on anyone who doesn't."

"With pleasure", Ace smiled evilly.

Trying not to think about the murder I may have just been indirectly responsible for, I left the room and walked to the landing pad. Jackson had rounded up the others and they were waiting down at the Helo Pad. Greyson was already spinning up the engines.

"Anyone eager to go back to Nam?", I asked as I walked up.

"Not really", Jackie replied, "why would I want to? I almost died there."

"So did we", Frank said, "a couple of times actually."

"So where are wee meeting this guy Jackie?", I asked.

Jackie handed me a map. There were multiple villages and a hilly, forest area marked on it. Two of the villages had landing zones marked on them as well as a few Russian outposts in the area, a couple were very near the LZ's, but most of them were a sizable distance away from us. The rally point was marked in what looked to be an old lumber yard.

"The yard has been abandoned for decades", Jackson said, "it's the perfect place to meet Marin."

"That may not matter", I said, "look at all the Russian activity in the area, if were not careful..."

"Boom", Hudson said.

"My thoughts exactly", I answered.

"I got some stealth tech on this bird", Greyson said, "It runs for about 30 minutes at a time because it renders the bird invisible, but it's more than enough to sneak in and out."

"Good", I said, "How long before we make Nam?"

"Thirty minutes to an hour", Greyson said, "not a long fly at all."

"Good", I say, "let's get this done."

-1 Hour Later-

Operator: Major Tyro Serelath.

Mission: Meet-Up

Contact: Marin -Classified-

Time: 1230 Hours

Location: -Redacted, Vietnam

Greyson set the 22 down in an village that was occupied by Romanian troops. When I looked around, all I could see were happy people. There were many straw and wooden houses as well as tent barracks for the soldiers, a Field HQ and a small brick Hospital that looked like it had just gone up. I could see the Vietnamese people speaking their own language with the soldiers and there were even a few dragons who were playing around with the kids in the village. One of the soldiers with a Sergent's patch on his shoulder came running up to us.

"Major Serelath sir", the man said, "my commanding officer wants to speak to you."

I nodded and followed the man into the Field HQ where an Anthro with grey scales and a smoky blue underbelly was behind a table with two other people.

"Major Serelath", he said, "My names Sivath, I don't want to keep you very long so I'll keep things short. Our field hospital is running low on medical supplies and were almost out of food, I have a requisition form that I want you to give to General Scott, I'd do it myself but I'm needed here."

"Will do", I said taking the form from him and stuffing it in my vest.

"My men and some SVA troops will escort you and your men to the Lumber Yard, your contact arrived moments ago according to my snipers."

I nodded and left the tent. There were four guys, two Romanian soldiers and two SVA soldiers waiting outside.

"This way sir", one of the SVA men said, "allow us to lead, this area is heavily mined to prevent the NVA and the Russians from entering town."

"Lead the way", I said. I turned back to my team, "single file, I'd rather none of us get blown up on what should be a 30 minute job."

The SVA soldiers led us through a path in the woods and to the lumber yard, which was full of rotting logs and decrepit old buildings. I could just barely pick out the lines of Remington 777 rifles in the grass a few hundred yards off, Sivath's snipers. In the middle of the lumber yard stood a tall, Eastern Dragon.

He was about 8 feet tall, my height. He seemed to be about 36 feet long and he was dressed in a suit that was like a cross between a Ghille suit and Ninja Warps. He had an AK bolted to a vest underneath his suit and I could just barely make out his dual colored eyes underneath his sunglasses.

"Long time no see Marin", Jackie said.

"Jackie", the dragon laughed walking up to us, "good to see you little brother, I take these are your teammates?"

Jackson nodded, "That's Tyro, my CO, Hudson, second in command, Issac the Rifleman, Frank our stealth expert and Hudson, our brute."

"No wait a minute", Hudson said.

Jackson laughed, "sorry, couldn't resist."

"I'll cut to the chase", I said stepping in, "what is it that you have on Lung?"

"I know how the guy thinks", Marin said, "I heard from Nolan that he's gone full traitor?"

I nodded, "he's in hiding, I need to flush him out. Any advice?"

"Throw him a target", Marin said, "Shadow Salanth might do it."

"How do you...", I started but Marin cut me off.

"Everyone who ever served with Project Draco knows about the Salanth family", Marin said, "I was around when Jack Price became Taro Salanth and Hanna Silverton became Faline Chelian damn near 40 years ago."

"How long have you been out here?", I asked, "we could use someone who knows how Lung thinks back at Romeo."

"Nah", Marin said, "I belong out here away from the problems of the world. If you ever need me again, Jackson knows how to get in touch with me."

"Good seeing you Marin", Jackie said.

"You too little brother", Marin said, "remember that my door's always open if you decide you want out of the Army."

Jackson smiled and nodded, "Will keep that in mind."

With no more words, Marin turned around and flew off. I sighed and dropped my head to the ground.

"What are you think brother?", Hudson asked.

"I'm thinking that we don't have a choice", I said, "we have to throw Shadow to Wei."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Irradiated By ro_lin

Science Fiction

3K 180 33
Two years was all it took for the world to go into complete lockdown. Every continent became inhabitable except for Europe and Africa due to a strang...
536K 13.8K 23
You joined a task force 8 months ago... made some friends... made some enemies too. Just getting to know someone and you've already fucked up. Smut...
147K 1.6K 51
Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 1 & 2, and Ghosts Imagines and Reader-Inserts because we all love to read Reader-Inserts about the sexy Bri...
9 0 8
After the series of events which led to his life, from an average normal guy, into a war hero where he had quite a life only to find out that it was...