More than Friends | (Fred Wea...

By ynhpstories

You've been best friends with Fred and George Weasley and Lee Jordan since First Year even if it is in a unex... More

Chapter 1. The Burrow
Chapter 2: Chaos at Kings Cross
Chapter 3: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 4: Dumbledore's Speech
Chapter 5: The first day
Chapter 6: The Ageing Potion
Chapter 7: The Other Two Schools
Chapter 8: The Secret Sleepover
Chapter 9: Entering the Tournament
Chapter 10: The Triwizard Chamions
Chapter 11: The First Task
Chapter 12: Lies
Chapter 13: Dancing Lessons
Chapter 14: Dates?
Chapter 15: Hogsmeade
Chapter 16: The Yule Ball
Chapter 17: Christmas
Chapter 18: The Question
Chapter 19: The Second Task
Chapter 20: Amortentia
Chapter 21: The Twins Chaotic Birthday
Chapter 22: The Third Task
Chapter 23: Back To The Burrow
Chapter 24: Bill and Charlie
Chapter 25: Birthday At The Burrow
Chapter 26: 12 Grimmauld Place
Chapter 27: Sirius Black
Chapter 28: The Order Of The Phoenix
Chapter 29: The Dementor Attack
Chapter 30: Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 31: Dumbledore's Interuption
Chapter 32: Dolores Umbridge
Chapter 33: Detention
Chapter 34: McGonagall vs Umbridge
Chapter 35: The Hogs Head
Chapter 36: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 37: Attack On Arthur Weasley
Chapter 38: St Mungo's
Chapter 39: Veritaserum
Chapter 40: Chritmas Shopping
Chapter 41: Christmas Day
Chapter 42: Azkaban Breakout
Chapter 43: Quiddich Ban
Chapter 44: Quiddich Tryouts
Chapter 45: First Quiddich Match
Chapter 46: Patronus
Chapter 47: The Twins Grand Escape
Chapter 48: NEWTS
Chapter 49: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 50: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Chapter 51: Results
Chapter 52: Letter From The Ministry
Chapter 53: Ministry Interview
Chapter 54: A Reply
Chapter 55: First Lesson
Chapter 56: A Test.
Chapter 57: Tough News
Announcement!
Chapter 58: News Over Tea
Chapter 59: Confessions
Chapter 60: The Battle Of The Astronomy Tower
Chapter 61: Another Scan
Chapter 62: The Funeral
Chapter 63: The Battle of Eight Potters
Chapter 64: Miracles
Chapter 65: The Wedding
Chapter 66: Trouble At The Ministry
Chapter 67: Cooped up alone
Chapter 68: Bloody Injuries and Broken Hearts
Chapter 69: A Surprisingly Calm Christmas
Chapter 70: Two New Arrivals
Chapter 71: Bringing them Home
Chapter 72: Sleepless Nights
Chapter: 73: A Fast Escape
Chapter 74: Home Away From Home
Chapter 75: The Letter and The Castle
Chapter 76: The Battle Of Hogwarts
Chapter 77: The Fall
Chapter 78: The Reunion and the Goodbye
Chapter 80: Thirteen Years Later
The End!

Chapter 79: The Dress and The Suit

1K 17 29
By ynhpstories

~.~.~15th August 1998~.~.~
•3rd Person POV•

The last couple of months went by quickly, Y/n and Fred planning their wedding day as well as raising two babies who are 7 months old.

Fred has come to terms after loosing his brother, accepting that he is gone but watching down on him, being proud of his achievements.

Y/n has been busy at work, she passed her Auror training and was sent out on the field to catch the death eaters who ran away during the battle of Hogwarts. She was able to successfully capture and incarcerate over 10 death eaters, becoming one of the best in the auror office.

But the many months passed and it's the day before their wedding day. August 15th was full of last minute planning, decorating and preparing everything needed for the wedding, such as last minute flowers or cleaning many plates. Y/n sat in Ginny's bedroom that afternoon, discussing her planned day.

"So you, Hermione, Luna, Fleur and Ella are bridesmaids." Y/n said to Ginny, but all five girls were sitting in her room, planning for the day.

"So who's going down the aisle with Fred's groomsmen?" Hermione asked, a smile glowing on her face.

"George and Ginny, because George is Fred's best man and Ginny is my maid of honour." Y/n said, looking at her notebook with the plans that outlined their special day.

"Makes sense." Ginny said happily. "I'm still so thankful that you made me your maid of honour."

"Of course I would! You're like my sister."

"We're going to be sisters in law tomorrow!" She squealed excitedly.

"I know!" Y/n squealed back. But a knowing cough from Hermione put Y/n back into reality. "Hermione is going down with Ron, because obvious reasons. Fleur is going with Bill, again obvious. Luna will go with Lee. And Ella is going with Charlie."

"I'm fine with that." Ella smiled. "Charlie isn't bad on the eye."

"Well, Charlie is single." Y/n cheekily said, nudging her close friend with a cocky smile.

"Y/n!" Hermione groaned.

"What Mione?"

"Don't play matchmaker on your wedding day!" Hermione said sternly.

"Why not?" She asked the younger girl, crossing her arms jokingly.

"Because it's your special day. And plus, matchmaker is my job!"

The group of girls burst out into a fit of giggles, Ella and Y/n looked at each other knowingly as though there was a secret between the girls. The whole house could hear the girls giggles, even the boys two floors down in the twins room where the groomsmen were.

"Those girls." Smiled Fred happily.

"I swear girls can be so loud!" Ron moaned, knowing that his girlfriend is up there.

"That's what girls do. One of them has obviously said something." Lee pointed out

"True, anyway, who's going with who down the aisle?" Asked Bill, who was sitting on Fred's bed, next to his brother.

"George is going with Ginny. Because Ginny is Y/n's maid of honour and George is my best man." Fred said, holding his little black notebook with the same notes as Y/n's one.

"That's obvious then." George smiled.

"Then Bill is going with Fleur, obviously. Then Ron and Hermione, again obvious. Lee and Luna and then Charlie and Ella." Fred finished. "What are you smirking at Charlie?" He asked when he saw his older brother.

"Nothing, nothing. It's just Ella isn't bad on the eye." Charlie smiled.

"Well, she is single. Y/n told me." Fred smirked back.

"You and Y/n are not going to play matchmaker on your wedding day." Lee said with a small smile.

"But why not? Fred asked, crossing his arms jokingly.

"Because that's Hermione's and I's job." Lee exclaimed, the boys chuckled at Lee's words.

"Girls and boys! It's dinner time. We're eating in the garden!" Mollys voice boomed through the house. Both groups of people thundered down the stairs and out to the garden where a long table was stood in the garden, decorated with large plates of homemade food and drink.

The large group of 15 sat around the table, Y/n and Fred sitting in the middle of the table. The group began to grab food and piling it on their plates.

"So.." Molly said as she swallowed a mouthful of food. "We need to work out sleeping arrangements for tonight."

"Okay." Everyone at the table said.

"So Y/n and Fred can't sleep together tonight, because they can't see each other until the wedding." Molly pointed out, causing Fred to groan slightly. "So-"

"I'll share with Ella." Charlie said with a smirk. "So I get to know the person I'm walking down the aisle with. Not in a inappropriate way."

"Absolutely not. Charlie, you, Bill and Ron can share in Bill's room. Fred, George, Lee and Harry you can share in the twins room." Molly said, the boys nodded with agreement. "Y/n can share with Hermione and Ginny in Ginny's room. Fleur, Luna and Ella can sleep in Ron's room. That way, Charlie's room can be the boys dressing room. And Percy's room can be the girls dressing room."

"Sounds great to me." Y/n said, a smile on her face. And watched Hermione's and Ginny's faces light up with smiles.

"So, what's the plan for tomorrow?" Fred asked. "Who's looking after the twins?"

"Arthur is going to collect Y/n's parents and grandparents tomorrow morning. And during the service her grandparents will look after them so you don't have to worry about them tomorrow." Molly said.

"After that, is boys are going to set up the marquee and Molly and Y/m/n is going to do the little touches to make it perfect whilst you men finish getting ready." Arthur finished.

"The ceremony is due to start at 2pm, right?" Y/n asked.

"Yes, just as you two planned." Molly said. "The cake is done and Y/n's dress is hanging in Charlie's room, along with the bridesmaids dresses."

"Thank you so much Molly." Y/n gasped happily.

"You're very welcome. I hope your special day goes perfectly!"

"I hope so too." Fred smiled, holding Y/n's hand from under the table.

The large group sat, ate and talked happily as one large family. The sun soon set over the fields of Ottery St Catchpole and the group was sent to their bedrooms for the night.

"Goodnight darling." Fred said, kissing her forehead lightly.

"Goodnight my love." Y/n replied with a smile. "I'll see you at the end of the aisle, my future husband."

"I'll see you walking down the aisle, Y/n Weasley." Fred cockily smiled. "It suits you."

"It does-"

"Y/N COME ON!" Ginny yelled.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Y/n winked. She turned around and ran after Ginny. Fred watched as his soon to be wife ran inside the house, holding onto both Ginny's and Hermione's arms, wondering how he got so lucky.

Fred walked inside the house and walked up to his bedroom where George, Lee and Harry were already waiting for him.

"What took you so long?" George asked as Fred slumped on his bed.

"Talking to Y/n." Lee teased, a cocky smile across his face, laying tangled in George's arms.

"Yes, I was." Fred replied.

"We knew it!" Harry exclaimed excitedly, clapping his hands together.

"Am I not allowed to talk to my fiancée?" Fred stated sarcastically.

"Of course you are. But we were just wondering what took you so long." George smirked.

"I can't believe she's going to be my wife this time tomorrow." Fred gawked, leaning back on his bed.

"My brother is getting married tomorrow!" George sang happily.

"Oh shut up George." Fred grunted.

"Never!" Lee declared jokingly with a wide smile on his face.

"Oh okay okay. I'm going to bed, I have a busy day tomorrow." Fred declared

"Because someone's gonna be a husband tomorrow." Teased Harry.

Fred sighed and stood up and walking across the landing to one of the two bathrooms in the house, the other in Ginny's room. Fred grabbed his toothbrush and the toothpaste and stared in the mirror as he cleaned his teeth. He changed into a pair of jogging bottoms and a baggy t-shirt.

He walked back into the bedroom, climbed over Harry's mattress on the floor and clambered into his own, pulling the covers up, falling asleep imagining Y/n walking down the aisle seeing how beautiful she would be and that in less than 24 hours, they would be husband and wife.

Meanwhile in the girls room, Y/n and her bridesmaids talked in Ginny's room, talking about her dream day as well as how excited they all are.

"Charlie seemed into you Els." Y/n gleamed at Ella, who's cheeks have gone a pale shade of red.

"Everyone can clearly see he's into you." Ginny smiled.

"He can't be into me. No way." Ella tried to deny.

"I've lived with him for a while. I know when he's into someone." Ginny argued.

"Okay, let's not talk about this now. Let's have an early night, Y/n has a big day tomorrow." Ella said.

The rest of the girls agreed, Luna, Fleur and Ella bid their goodnights and walked across the hallway towards Ron's bedroom which had two mattresses on the floor and a freshly made bed. Y/n, Ginny and Hermione changed into their pyjamas, Y/n's set reading 'Bride To Be." on the back as a early wedding present from Hermione, insisting that she gives you another on your wedding day.

Y/n fell asleep that night in Ginny's because she forced you into the bed and voluntarily chose to sleep on the mattress on the floor. She thought of Fred, seeing him at the alter in his suit, a bright smile on his face and tears in his hazel eyes.

~.~.~The Next Morning~.~.~

Y/n woke up to the morning sun gently shining on Y/n's face. Hermione and Ginny were already awake and talking to themselves, smiles on their faces and twinkles in their eyes.

"Good morning." Y/n groaned, her voice groggy and tired.

"Happy Wedding Day!" Ginny squealed excitedly, jumping of her mattress and leaping onto her bed, whereas Hermione stood up and perched herself onto the side.

"Calm down Ginny. Your going to break the bed." Hermione said happily.

"It's my bed, so I'll take full responsibility if I break it." She beamed. "Anyway, ITS YOUR WEDDING DAY!"

"Shhh!" Y/n said quietly. "You're talking way too loudly for this time in the morning."

"It's 9:30, Y/n." Ginny said, oddly calm.

"9:30!!" Y/n yelled. "How is it 9:30! I get married in 4 and a half hours!"

"It's okay Y/n, there's still enough time. Mum has even made us breakfast. Dad has gone out to get your parents and grandparents." Ginny then said.

"Did she?" Y/n asked curiously.

"Yeah, she brought it up five minutes ago. Enough for the six of us. I'll go get Ella, Luna and Fleur." Hermione said, getting off the bed and leaving the room.

"Y/n." Ginny said quietly.

"Yes, that's me." Y/n replied with a small smile.

"I want to say thank you, so much for making me your maid of honour." Ginny sincerely stated, her cheeks are pink and her brown eyes glowing.

"You're so very welcome Ginny, I knew you'd be my maid of honour since the moment I got engaged." She replied to the younger girl. "Did you never wonder why I was so insistent of having the wedding in the holidays."

"I don't know, why?" Asked Ginny.

"So you could be my maid of honour and not miss school." Y/n said, causing Ginny to beam.

"Thank you Y/n!" Ginny squealed, tackling her in a hug which knocked Y/n back down onto the bed.

Seconds later, Hermione, Fleur, Ella and Luna walked in the room, each with happy smiled on their faces.

"Happy Wedding day!" Ella said, running to hug Y/n tightly.

"Thank you everyone!" Y/n smiled as she sat up in Ginny's bed.

"Mum made us eggs on homemade toast." Ginny said, handing all the girls a plate of food.

"It looks delicious!" Fleur applauded, cutting into her egg, letting the yolk run over the toast.

Meanwhile in the twins room, all of Fred's groomsmen had finished their breakfast, stacking their plates and back to their usual talking. But Fred wasn't saying much.

"Are you okay Fred? You haven't said much." Bill asked. "You not nervous are you?"

"What! No of course not." Fred said a little too quickly.

"I knew it!" Bill yelled. "And you told me to calm down on my wedding day."

"Oh shut up Bill, I get the pre-wedding nerves. I can't even go to Y/n for comfort." Fred groaned sadly. Nerves becoming more present in his stance.

"I'm your twin! You have me." George crossed his arms and huffed loudly.

"Yes, but your not my fiancée!" Fred exclaimed.

"It's okay Fred. Calm down." Charlie said comfortingly, patting his younger brother on the shoulder.

"Aww, my ikkle brother is getting married." Bill teased, pulling and rubbing Fred's cheeks.

"Stop it!" Fred said, swatting his hands away.

"Boys! Are you ready to put up the Marquee! Y/n's family is here so Arthur is ready!" Mollys voice rang through the stairs towards the boys room.

"Coming!" George yelled.

Fred threw on his trousers, dress white shirt and shoes before walking down the stairs with the rest of his groomsmen. Y/n's parents and grandparents stood in the kitchen talking to and meeting Fred's parents.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Y/l/n and Mr and Mrs Baker (Her grandparents)

"Oh Fred it's lovely to see you again!" Mrs Baker said, shaking his hand excitedly. "Please call me Valerie."

"And call me John." Mr Baker said, now shaking Fred's hand.

"We are so happy that you are marrying our daughter!" Y/m/n said happily.

"I am pleasured. But I'm sorry but I have to help set up for the ceremony." Fred said apologetically.

"Of course. We don't want to keep you up." Y/d/n said. And with that Fred nodded curtly at them and followed the other men out of the door. Whilst Y/n's mum and grandmother walked up the stairs to help you get ready.

~.~.~4 Hours Later~.~.~

The marquee was set up in the white and gold decorations, flowers that hung over the clear plastic chairs which were slowly filling with people. The people had took their seats, including empty chairs on the front row for Percy, Remus, Tonks and Sirius. Molly, Arthur, Y/m/n and her grandparents were also sitting in the front row, leaving a chair for Y/n's dad after he walked her down the aisle.

The officiant of the ceremony was the same small who spoke at Dumbledore's funeral as well as marrying Bill and Fleur. Next the bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down, arm in arm. The procession went with Bill and Fleur at the front then Charlie and Ella, Lee and Luna, Ron and Hermione and then the maid of honour and the best man. George and Ginny.

Fred walked down the aisle just after the bridesmaids and groomsmen, wearing his light grey suit, standing to the side of the alter, ready and waiting for his bride to walk down the aisle.

(Fred's suit)

Waiting just outside the marquee stood Y/n, who's arm was linked with her fathers. Her gorgeous white dress flowed down her body, clinging at all the right places.

(Y/n's dress)

"Are you ready?" Her dad asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Y/n replied, pulling a smile onto her face.

The music played inside the marquee, the guests stood up and Fred straightened up, fixing his suit. Two people pulled the curtain out of the way. And for the first time in nearly a day, Fred saw his fiancée standing at the end of the aisle. Tears welled his eyes when he saw the white dress she was wearing, holding her bouquet of pink flowers.

Y/n saw Fred in his grey suit, his ginger hair perfectly in place, standing tall and proud. It's just how she had imagined, seeing him at the alter in his suit, a bright smile on his face and tears in his hazel eyes.

The walk down the aisle was slow get beautiful, each taking the time to look at each other in awe and wonder. Both thinking how they have got so lucky in their life partner.

"You look stunning, darling." Fred whispered when she finally reached the alter.

"You don't look to bad either Freddie." Y/n replied.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Fred Weasley and Y/n Y/l/n. A day filled with celebrations and happiness as these two join together in holy matrimony." The little man started. Y/n and Fred decided to use traditional Christian wedding ceremony, because that's how Y/n was raised and both wanted to create a sense of the wizarding and the Muggle worlds joining together. "Fred Weasley, you can begin."

"When I first met you nearly 10 years ago on the Hogwarts Express, I immediately fancied you. But at the time I didn't know how much you'd come to mean to me. You were my best friend for all those years. But I didn't notice until our third year how much the simplest things like your smile, laugh and personality made me feel so much happier. It was the that day when I realised I was in love with you. Over the years following I saw the true you come out, I noticed how I didn't want to go anywhere without you and I feared about loosing you as a person and a friend. You've taught me the true reason of friendship, how to be a good person, boyfriend and partner. I love you so much Y/n, and you will never know how much you actually mean to me. I haven't just found a best friend in you, I found my forever." Fred said, holding back tears.

Molly and Y/m/n were already crying, blowing their noses on their handkerchiefs. All of Y/n's bridesmaids were crying and Fred's groomsmen had tears in their eyes.

"Y/n Y/l/n, it's your turn."

"I didn't expect sitting in the same compartment as you 10 years ago on the Hogwarts express. You and your twin shoving jellybeans down each other's throats, I made the mental note to stay away from you both. Until you introduced yourself, looking at me with your light hazel eyes, I immediately got lost on them and decided to give you a shot. You showed me that life was more than reading books, but how fun it was to prank Filch in the corridors or staying up late playing exploding snap or wizards chess. I couldn't ignore the genuine smile on your face when I did the simplest things like smile, laugh and show my true personality. I love how you don't judge people based on their blood purity, but giving me, a simple muggleborn girl the light of day. Defending me when people called me nasty names or cheering me up when I felt as though I wasn't good enough for your friendship. I love how special you make me feel, even if it's a simple smile. I love how you've stepped into the dad role perfectly, already being the best father to James and Oliver. Thank you Fred, for showing me the humour and the best sides of friendship. I can't wait to spend forever with you."

Fred was now lightly sobbing, holding her hands and squeezing them. At this point if anyone had a dry eye on the marquee before Y/n's speech, they don't anymore. Everyone in the marquee was sobbing.

"They were beautiful, now we move onto the vows, Fred Weasley, if you could repeat after me." The man said.

"In the name of God, I, Fredrick Gideon Weasley, take you, Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, to be my wife," the man said.

"In the name of God, I, Fredrick Gideon Weasley, take you, Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, to be my wife," Fred repeated.

During his vows, Fred took Y/n's wedding ring and slid it onto her ring finger. A smile appearing on her face.

"to have and to hold from this day forward,"

"for better, for worse,"

"for richer, for poorer,"

"in sickness and in health,"

"to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

"Now Y/n Y/l/n, please repeat after me." The little man said. Fred wore a large smile on his face and hazel eyes had a twinkle in them.

"In the name of God, I, Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, take you, Fredrick Gideon Weasley, to be my husband,"

During her vows, Y/n took Fred's wedding ring and slid it onto his ring finger. A bright smile appearing across his lips.

"to have and to hold from this day forward,"

"for better, for worse,"

"for richer, for poorer,"

"in sickness and in health,"

"to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

"There is only one more thing we need to do." The man announced. "Fredrick Gideon Weasley, do you take Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Fred said happily, his cheeks were red and his eyes glistening.

"And Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, do you take Fredrick Gideon Weasley to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Y/n replied, matching Fred's level of enthusiasm.

"I can now announce you husband and wife. Mr and Mrs Weasley, you may kiss the bride."

Fred took Y/n by the waist and pulled her close to him. Their lips connecting and siding across each other's. Applause from the audience ahead of them was drowned out by the bliss of the moment.

The newly wedded couple walked back up the aisle and were whisked away for pictures with their sons whilst the marquee was being transformed. Many large round tables stood where the alter once was. White and rose gold dining sets lay in-front of the same plastic chairs, flowers on each table and large groups of flowers by the roof of the marquee.

The rest of the night was the best night for Y/n and Fred. Their first dance was beautiful and wonderful, even including their sons. The remainder of the evening was filled with dancing to a mix of muggle and magical songs, food from both worlds and many pictures taken with family, bridesmaids and groomsmen and friends. Y/n noticed that Ella and Charlie have gotten close over the evening, talking, dancing and laughing together. The night was perfect, just as the two had planned, wanted and desired. Y/n and Fred cut their homemade vanilla and chocolate cakes for the guests and a celebratory glass of muggle champagne to top it off.

Their now Mr and Mrs Weasley, looking forward for forever, together.

A/n: I can't believe there is only one chapter left! This is probably one of my favourite chapters to write so I hope you enjoy it. The last chowder will be posted tomorrow. Have a great day :)

From
~Ella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 38K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...
163K 3.8K 64
Y/n Brooke has been best friends with the golden trio since first year. You spend the summer at the burrow for the first time causing you to come to...
91.4K 2.7K 68
fred weasley x potter!oc (female) ~ Emilia Potter was never going to have a normal life. With Harry Potter as a brother, the Weasleys as her found f...
55.8K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...