Chapter 13: Dancing Lessons

Y/n's POV:
It had been about a week since mine and Fred's argument, we haven't talked since. Fred is very stubborn, he won't talk to me but I wouldn't go to him if he had started it. I noticed that Fred had been getting closer to a fellow 6th year Angelina Johnson. I've become really jealous of her, but I've been getting closer to Cedric instead.

I still often talked to George and Lee, they constantly asked me when I would sort things out with Fred. I would always reply "When ever he released that I did nothing wrong"

All the Gryffindors from forth year and above were piled into a smaller room than the great hall. Girls on one side and boys on the other. Me and Fred made eye contact for a second before I broke it to pay attention to our head of house Minerva McGonagall.

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of the triwizard tournament since it's inception" she stared. "On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule ball is first and foremost a dance"

All the boys groaned and sighed. I saw the twins not looking impressed but I saw Fred stare at me up and down. But the girls whispered and cheered already talking about dates. I know who I want to take me, and he is standing right opposite me.

"Silence" she called, the room went silent immediately "the house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you in the course of a of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons"
She swooped her head to look at us all.

The twins had now staring whispering the tongue twister five times fast. George done it successfully but Fred failed. I giggled slightly.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst open and take flight"

Every girl giggled and I can imagine a swan helping me dance.

"Somethings about to burst open of Valerie, but I don't think it's a swan" said Ron who tried to whisper but the whole room heard him.

I turned around to Valerie who was standing behind me "don't listen to him, you are beautiful just the way you are" I said

"Thank you y/n" she said, a smile forming on her face. I turned back to Ron and gave him a angry stare

"Inside every boy" continued McGonagall "a lordly lion prepared to prance, Mr Weasley"

"Yes" he said sombrely

"Will you join me please" a smile grew on my face. Revenge is sweet.

Ron reluctantly took her hand and he stood up before walking to the middle of the room. The room set out a giggle and the twins said something

"Now place your right hand on my waist"

"Where" he asked confused

"My waist" the twins whistled at Ron as McGonagall moves his hand to her waist "Filch music" McGonagall said

Filch started some music and McGonagall and Ron danced for a minute

"Come on every one, on your feet, choose someone and dance with them" McGonagall called.

All the girls instantly stood up waiting for a boy to dance with. Neville was the first boy to get up, everyone else followed. I started walking to Fred, I really wanted to dance with him again, like we did the other day.

But then Angelina had tripped me up, she got to Fred before I could, but before I fell someone picked me up

"Alright there y/n, care to dance" Lee asked and I got back on my feet.

"Of course I will" I replied, Lee grabbed my waist an so took his shoulders and stared dancing.

"I know you wanted to dance with Fred" he said "don't try and deny it, I know you"

"Yeah, I did. But I'm dancing with you now" I replied smiling

"When are you going to make up with him" he asked

"When ever he comes to me, I did nothing wrong." I said, I'm not going to him if I done nothing wrong.

"Well, he talks about you all the time, it's getting quite annoying" he said. I stared blushing. I didn't think he would still care for me.

"He does" I asked. Lee nodded

"Who do you what to take you to the ball" Lee asked.

"I have one in mind" I said as I glanced at Fred. He looked at me and smiled.

"Ahh. I get it. You want Fred to take you" Lee said.

I nodded. We chatted and danced until we finished.

Fred's POV:
I hardly heard what McGonagall said, I couldn't stop staring at y/n. Her y/h/c hair fell perfectly and rested in the right places. Her face somehow became more beautiful since our fight. I've wanted to talk to her since the day after our fight.

"Hey George" I whispered

"What" he replied

"How can I talk to y/n?" I asked

"For Godrics sake Fred, just talk her her. She looks like she misses you" he snapped.

I looked over and she was staring at me but instantly looked away when I noticed. But how can I get her alone. Ginny said she would jinx me if I went near her.

Then I thought I could talk to her when we get up to dance. That's when McGonagall called us up, I reluctantly stood up, took a deep breath and walked over to y/n. I repeated what I wanted to say over and over again.

I saw Angelina and y/n both smiling at me. I wanted to dance with y/n not Angelina. That's when I saw her foot stick out and tripped y/n over. Angelina grabbed my shoulder and I grabbed her waist.

"Hey Freddie" she said flirtatiously. Y/n called me Freddie, I didn't like Angelina saying it.

"Hey Angie" I said sadly as I stared at y/n who was caught by Lee and they were now dancing.

Me and Angelina started dancing, about to leave her to go to y/n.

"Why are you worrying about her gain" she said "she lied to you"

"I don't know. Let's just dance" I said

The class was finally over. I ran to find y/n who was the first to leave. I saw she was with Ginny and Hermione, Ginny shot me a look and I went back to the common room with George and Lee, but I know it was y/n I wanted to be with

Y/n's POV:
Me, Hermione, and Ginny went on our usual walk around the dark lake. We talk about dates and just general conversations.

"We all know you want Ron to take you Hermione" I mentioned

"No, I don't" she stuttered "but you want Fred to ask you"

"Me and Fred haven't spoken in a week, and plus why would I want to go with someone who called me a liar" I said. The girls nodded with agreement.

After our walk we started going back to the common room when Lavender Brown, a girl I talk to occasionally, came running to us...

Authors note: Hey everyone! Sorry for the boring part today. But the next part has some more drama! I hope you have a great day :) thank you for reading!