Lifesaver | L.S |

By StorySketch

Harry's goal is to become a trauma surgeon so he starts as an intern at the Kemp hospital. He is motivated u... More

Lifesaver
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapther Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Epilogue

Chapter Four

1.3K 33 54
By StorySketch

POV Louis

"WHY DID YOU YELL AT HIM?" Zayn has been yelling at me for 10 minutes straight.

I understand his anger, maybe I was a bit of a dick to Harry today. But that boy is getting on my nerves, he just disappeared after Tom's breakdown. I mean it's a big hospital. Anything could have happened to him, not that I would cared tho.

Okay maybe I was a little worried about him.

I don't understand myself to be honest. It's just that I've never felt this with anyone. It feels like Harry needs to be protected.

But that's not my job.

"Just stop fucking yelling at me Zayn I swear." I'm starting to get tired of Zayn and his speech about how badly I treated Harry today.

"I'm not going to stop yelling until you promise me to act normal to your student." Zayn says angrily.

Now I'm done with this conversation. "Listen that you look at your own student like you are going to fuck him from behind every change you can get." Zayn looks at me like he got caught but I keep going. "Don't think I didn't notice, so what I do with my student is not you're fucking business."

This isn't the first time Zayn and I have argued. We can say anything to each other but that's what makes this friendship strong I guess.

"I know, but it is my business." My eyes are wide when I realize that Chief is behind me and I slowly turn around to face him.

"I heard you guys yelling at each other downstairs. Please guys behave a little." Chief says looking at us both.

He stands with his arms folded and then asks. "I heard someone say he wants to fuck his student from behind?" We are all silent for a second before Chief says. "Explain NOW."

"Okay okay relax, it was just a joke from Louis." Zayn explained.

"It better be just a joke, now explain to me why you guys were yelling at each other." Chief says impatient.

"It was Louis's fault!" Zayn says innocent while pointing at me.

I started to defend myself. "Hey, dickhead don't blame me you started yelling at me."

"BECAUSE YOU DESERVED IT, THAT POOR HARRY WAS SCARED OF YOU!" Zayn started yelling again.

"Again it's not your-" I couldn't finish my sentence because Chief yelled through it in a stern voice.

"Sit down both of you!" We did immediately. We both looked at the ground as Chief stood in front of us with his hands on his hip.

"What happened to Harry? Louis." I heard from the way of talking that I couldn't dodge his question so I started with my explanation.

"Harry hadn't listened to my rules today so I got mad at him at the end of the day. And I may have yelled at him." I looked ashamed at Chief and went on. "I may have been the reason for his panic attack." As I say it I started to feel even more ashamed.

"You did. What.?" Chief said after a silence.

"Louis I just can't belief you. I am very disappointed in you. Why would you do that to him?" He asks I'm disbelief.

I don't want to answer him.

"Louis if this is about Liam tell me now, I need to know because I thought we already talked about this." Chief says.

Zayn now looks at me. "Is that it Louis? I thought you weren't bothered by the situation with Liam anymore."

This makes me very angry they all think they know me. But they don't.

I stand up look at them and say. "Someone died because of me. I killed someone."

So no I will never get over the situation I think to myself.

Zayn and Chief are shocked by my comment but I don't care. I pack my things and leave to my private office.

🩺

I've been sitting behind my laptop for hours filling in administration about my patients. When I hear a knock on my door I realize it's already night.

"Come in!" I call.

"Hello doctor, are you okay? I heard there was a quite bit of drama in the workplace today." I hear a familiar annoying voice say.

Viber Hill.

He is a second year plastics surgeon student, his supervisor is Sasha.

Poor woman.

"Hello Viber, what do you want from me?" I ask uninterested.

It's not that I hate Viber, I just don't like him. He annoyed me from the very beginning when he started as a first year student. As a surgeon you earn a good amount of money and he is aware of that. I think it his only motivation. I also don't like him because he has already asked me to go on a date a few times.

It's not forbidden to date students as long as you keep work life and private life separate, it's just his personality doesn't appeal to me.

Not that he cares, he always throws himself on me whenever he gets the chance.

"I just wanted to say that I'm on your side." He says as he sits down on my desk. "That crazy Hanny with his panic attack so incredibly dramatic. He just wanted attention from some hot doctors really a slut." I look at him and he continues. "I wouldn't mind if you yelled at me doctor Tomlinson if you know what I mean. By the way I saw today I was on team B with him so you need to yell at him again I'm sure he will run home crying." He says smiling.

I don't know what's happening in me but I feel an extreme anger come over me at once. "Viber." I say as I try to keep breathing calmly.

"Yes doctor Tomlinson?" He asks in a flirty way.

I get up to rise above him and raise my voice. "If you are smart you will shut up about my student, who is called Harry by the way."

Viber looks at me with fear in his eyes as I goes on. "One more word about Harry and you can pack your things and go home. I know you are on a team together. You're going to act normal to him and if I hear a thing from Harry about you, you're done you understand?"

Fear and shock shoot through Viber's eyes. "Yes." He says in a trembling voice.

"Yes, what?" I say with authority

"Yes, doctor Tomlinson. I'm sorry." Viber says.

"Now go, I don't want to see you again and remember. Don't. Disrespect. Harry." I say while looking at Viber

Viber just nods and walks away fast.

I decided it's time to go home. If I'm quick I can sleep three more hours before my next shift starts. I pack my things and lock the door when I turn around chief is behind me.

"Jesus you scared me men. How long have you been standing here?" I ask Edgar while I'm still recovering from the shock.

He looks at me and says. "Long enough to hear what you said to Viber."

"Listen if you're going to whine he deserved it, he called Harry a- " while I wanted to finish my sentence he spoke though me and said. "I'm really proud of you Louis."

"Wait what? Why?" I ask surprised.

"It may not have been the best way to address Viber on his behavior but you stood up for Harry." Edgar sighted and spoke calmly. "You stood up for you're student Louis."

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop on your conversation with Viber, but I came to you to apologize." He goes on. "How you dealt with Harry today was unacceptable you have people knowledge Louis, you know Harry is a sensitive person."

"But that doesn't mean I should have acted like that to you. I knew you had trouble guiding a new student and I ignored your feeling in this and that was wrong of me. I just wanted to let you know that I have faith in you and you can guide a student. I am sure of it even after the Liam situation." He says with a soft smile.

I look him in the eyes and see that he is honest with me. He believes in me that I can do it.

Now I just have to believe it myself.

🩺

The next morning I woke up from a singing Zayn in the shower. I put my pillow on my face to mute the sound, but it doesn't work. Damn I hate mornings. I decided to get out of bed because I won't be able to sleep with that terrible screaming from Zayn.

Ok it's not that bad but I'll never admit it to him.

I change with the clothes that are still on the floor. I look around and see my bedroom is a mess and I wonder when the cleaning lady will come by. When I'm dressed I walk to the kitchen where I sit down at the long white table. Breakfast is already on the table thanks to our chef. I drink my black coffee when I hear Zayn walking up to the kitchen.

"A very good morning to you sunshine." Zayn says way to happy.

Men I hate people in the morning.

"Good morning." I murmur while taking another sip of coffee.

Zayn starts eating breakfast if he asks. "What time did you get home from work last night? Or did you went to Spacebar?"

The spacebar is a bar we go to quite often after work.

"No I had to do some administration." I said. I hesitate to continue talking but decided to do it anyway. "The Chief and I talked it out yesterday."

"Really? So you're going to treat Harry better? Zayn asks.

I take the last sip of coffee before I say. "That was not what I was saying."

Zayn looks disappointed to me.

"Okay yesterday was not fair to him, so yes I will try to be a little nicer to him. But he still has to listen to me." I say seriously.

Zayn laughs. "Bossy, I like it." He says with a smirk.

"Oh shut up." I say before something pops up into my head. "You and Niall! Tell me everything! Looked like you had a great time yesterday."

Zayn started to get irritated. "I was just doing my job." He says curtly.

okay he doesn't want to talk about that topic.

"Is he gay?" I ask.

Zayn was in his thoughts before asking. "Who's gay?"

He knows who I'm talking about tho. "Niall." I answered.

"Bisexual." He mumbles while focusing on his sandwich.

"AH! So you guys talked about it! When is the first date? Do you have his phone number?" I ask cheerfully.

Zayn looks at me with a small smirk before he answers my questions. "Yes we have talked about our sexual orientation. No I didn't ask him on a date it's way to soon and I didn't want to scared him off like you did with Harry yesterday." He says but I ignore his last comment before he speaks again. "But yes, we exchanged phone numbers."

"Nice job man! You can finally getting laid again soon." I say proud.

Zayn sigh. "It's not always about getting laid." He says.

I look at him surprised.

"What do you want? Love?" I ask as a joke but when I notice it's serious when he doesn't laugh.

"Come on mate, what happened to you? You've know Niall for just one day and you're already talking about love." I go on.

"I'm not saying I'm in love with Niall. It's just.-" he stops talking for a moment to think about how he wants to explain it but then he goes on. "I'm 28, I'm done hooking around. And I think I'm ready for a partner that you can grow old with. Don't you have that feeling too?"

Do I have that feeling too?

I don't want to talk about my feelings.

"It's to early in the morning for this conversation. And we must hurry up our shift is about to start soon." I say while I no longer give him a change to respond, I already walk away from the kitchen.

Do I have that feeling too? Is what I think while im driving to the hospital.

Grow old with someone? Being in love? I fucked around a lot but never because I really loved them. I thought I loved Liam but that was one of my biggest mistakes I've ever made.

Do I have that feeling too?

Why did I immediately think of one person when he asked me that question?

Harry.

🩺

When I walk into the hospital I see Harry standing by the elevator. Strange because his shift doesn't start for an hour.

"You're early." I say to him as he turns around in shock.

"Good morning Dr. Tomlinson, yes I couldn't sleep so I thought maybe you could use some help. I know your shift starts earlier." He says as he hands me coffee, I look at him surprised. "Black with one sweet. That's how you like to drink you're coffee, right? Otherwise I can quickly go to the coffee bar to get you a new one.?" He rattles on.

While we wait for the elevator I scan his body language. His eyes are always wide open and he looks at his surroundings as if anything bad could happen at any moment. His fists are often clenched like he's going to need it to protect himself. I can see that his muscles are tense even with his clothes on.

Now that I watch his face I realize he looks extremely tired. And before I even know it I ask him. "When was the last time you slept? You look really tired, Harry."

He didn't expect that question. "I uhm, it's okay I don't need much sleep anyway, sir."

If he thinks he can get away with that answer then he doesn't know me yet. We get into the elevator and he looks at his feet.

"That's not the answer to my question, Harry." I say sternly.

He finally looks as me and murmurs. "I just couldn't sleep last night."

"You slept nothing?" I ask surprised.

"Hmuhm." He murmurs as a confirmation to my question.

An uneasy feeling comes over me. "It's very bad for you're health not to sleep, why didn't you call in sick?"

"I just didn't want to okay. Can we just go to work now please?" He asks impatiently.

I first plannend to walk the patients rounds early. But Harry looks exhausted, so I decided to text Zayn.

Louis: can you take over my rounds?
Zayn: yes sure mate, can I ask why?
Louis: no.
Zayn: something to do with you're student?😏
Louis: leave Harry alone.
Zayn: I'm sure Harry could use some tutoring from Dr. Tomlinson.😉
Louis: I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that, anyways no Harry didn't slept a minute last night. So I take him to my office so he can rest on the sofa.
Zayn: awh you care about him! Taking care of him looks good on you Dr. Tomlinson.
Louis: I'm not taking care of him, sleep is important. That's it.
Zayn: whatever helps you sleep at night. X

I roll my eyes at Zayn's text, I hear a bling from the elevator that has arrived at the top. Harry and I are get out of the elevator at the same time.

"If I may ask, what are we doing on the top floor? There are only offices here and no patients. Shouldn't we start with the rounds?" He asks carefully.

He asks a lot of questions and talks a lot when he is nervous.

Noted.

"We're not doing rounds today, I have to prepare for Susan's surgery tomorrow." I lie while we walk to my office. I already finished the preparations yesterday but Harry doesn't need to know that.

When we enter my office he looks surprised. "Wow! Is this your own office? It's so big!" He says enthusiastically. And he goes on with praising my office. "You have your own TV! And that is such a soft couch." He says as he strokes the handrail of the sofa with his hand.

Then he stops at the window and looks outside and says in disbelief. "Wauw the view is beautiful."

You are beautiful I think.
Wait what?

"You can lie on the couch while I do my work behind my laptop." I instructed. Hoping he would fall asleep.

He looked at me weird but he said nothing and sat down on the couch.

After an hour and half he was still sitting. Awake. Why was he still awake?

I decided that is was enough so I turned off my laptop and stood by the couch. Harry was now looking up at me.

He looked at me. "Uhm can I do something for you, sir?" He asked me doubtfully.

"Sleep." I simply say.

"Wait what? What do you mean.?" He asks.

So I start to answer the question. "I don't want you with my patients when you're so tired. The chance of making mistakes only increases." I goes on. "You can sleep here on the couch I'll get you a blanket." I say as I grab a blanket for him.

"I don't need to sleep." He says when he starts to get irritated. "I can sleep another time, I want to work. And I can take care of myself perfectly fine. I don't need you to do it for me." He says but I notice that the last sentence hurts him.

"I know that." I confirm while covering him with the blanket. "Please Harry lie down for me." I whisper quietly.

And to my surprise he listen to me.

"Good boy."I compliment him.

"I don't think I will be able to fall asleep." He says ashamed.

I look at him, I see the tension in his face. "Why do you think you can't sleep." I ask him.

Harry lays on his back and looks at the ceiling. "I have nightmares." He says while still not looking at me.

This is an answer I didn't expect.

I think back to my past and tell him my memory with my sisters. "When I was young and one of my sisters had a nightmare I stayed with them until they were fast asleep." Harry and I look at each other.

"Are you okay if I try it on you?" I ask.

He nods

I get up and sit at the end of the couch I and put his head on my lap. His muscles are tense but when I run my hands through his hair I feel his muscles relax. He makes a soft moan, what instant makes my dick hard.

A few minutes later I notice that he is fighting against his sleep. Then he whispers. "Promise me to wake up when I have a nightmare."

"I promise, now go to sleep, love." I say softly.

And he falls asleep right away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 16.3K 30
Harry's lived in London all his life and is one of the best doctors in the country. He has a family that loves him, money, and a cozy little cabin in...
38K 1K 25
Harry is in his second year of high-school but high-school would've been torture without his brother, Liam and his bestfriend, Niall. And it was abo...
168K 4.3K 40
!!MATURE CONTENT!! lower case intended there will be trigger above chapters, don't want to spoil anything! you have been warned !! book cover on p...
107K 5K 13
Louis' family puts him in a rehabilitation center after a drunk driver crashes into him on the highway. He suffers from PTSD, and he has to learn how...