You don't know what obsession...

By yo_666

As her mom gets a new job in sunny California, Lily has to leave New York City, where she's lived all her lif... More

Obsession Prologue + Chapter 1
Obsession Chapter 2
Obsession Chapter 3
Obsession Chapter 4
Obsession Chapter 5
Obsession Chapter 6
Obsession Chapter 7
Obsession Chapter 8
Obsession Chapter 9
Obsession Chapter 11
Obsession Chapter 12
Obsession Chapter 13
Obsession Chapter 14
Obsession Chapter 15
Obsession Chapter 16

Obsession Chapter 10

1K 19 3
By yo_666

So here comes ---- wait for it------ wait for it--------- CHAPTER 10!!!!!!! ----------- can you say AHHHHH!!!!

I've never written this much on a story before - it has me a bit nervous.

in this chapter you'll finally find out about Matt and Emily--- ;D

sorry for the delay (again) but this time i was at my country place, where there's no internet, and i just finished writing this chapter like, sunday morning, and when we came home i didn't have the time to write it all over to the computer before i had to go to bed if i wanted to stay alive!!

so i just finished writing this over-- and posting it for you

OK, so I'm officially running out of chapter songs -- if you've got one you think would fit -- please let me know!!

AND PLEASE-----

COMMENT

COMMENT

COMMENT

COMMENT

COMMENT

COMMENT

COMMENT

AND

VOTE

VOTE

VOTE

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you XD (L)

here we go---

xoxo

You don't know what obsession is... 

Until you meet me.

Chapter 10

Lily's POV 

As soon as I'd closed the door behind me, I was attacked. 

"So!" my mom exclaimed, coming out of the living room with a big grin on her face. She sat down on a chair that stood against the wall and looked up at me with an almost childish excitement. "Who's the guy?" she asked, expectantly. 

I sighed. 

"His name's Cain Evans", I informed her. I should have known she would be home early to interrogate me. 

I blushed slightly as I remembered the morning spent with Cain. And this day that I had spent with him had probably been one of the best days of my life. 

"And?" she prompted. 

"And..." I smiled, and knew that I must be looking like some love struck teenager right now, but I didn't care. This was my mom - I could tell her anything. "He's amazing", I told her. "So perfect that it scares me a little." I looked down at my hands as I continued. "I've never felt like this before - it's so easy." 

Mom was smiling when I looked up to meet her eyes. Before she could say anything to make it awkward (like "make sure to use protection" or something like that - moms can be embarrassing), I took a deep breath and walked quickly up the stairs while shouting: 

"I'll be in my room, mom! And Cain's coming over later, so act normal!" 

I heard her laughing to herself as I closed the door firmly shut behind me.

Cain's POV 

Several wolves of my pack were dead. They were getting buried, and all I could think of was how much I wanted Lily by my side. Everything would have been so much better if only she knew what I really was. But I couldn't lose her. 

"Honey?" My mom suddenly appeared by the open door to my room. "Are you ready? It's about to start." 

"Yeah, I'm coming", I said, just putting on my shoes. 

I followed her downstairs, and out into the backyard. The whole pack was there again, except for a few, who were still in their beds, healing. Knowles would be in a wheelchair, probable for the rest of his life. 

There weren't usually this many people here - they all had their own houses or apartments, for the privacy. But this was where their Alpha and Luna lived, and this was where they could go to seek shelter, should something happen - so it was natural for the pack to gather here. It was also because of the shelter-thing that it was necessary for the house to be so big.

-------------------------

Just as the night before, the backyard was lit by torchlight, and, just as before, my family, though at the moment lacking the center of my universe, stood upon the porch, overlooking the crowd. I joined them. 

There was a cleared space at the back of the yard, a fenced area where we buried our dead, and in it stood the coffins that kept those of the ones lost in the fight.

-------------------------

The whole thing went by pretty quickly. My dad said a few words about the dead, and then out family went over to where the coffins were, and watched as they were lowered into the ground. Everyone in the pack then put flowers both in the graves and on them, after they'd been closed, and then we just stood there for a minute in complete silence, to honor those dead and their families. The women were in tears, and the men's faces were dark and grim. 

After that, the yard emptied quickly, as most of the pack went into the house for drinking and remembering. Only those who were the closest to the dead ones stayed outside, and me and my family. We went around to give out personal consolations and a few hugs and handshakes. 

There were Eric and Selena McNeil, who had lost their son; Carla Tennison, who had lost her mate; Coco Miller, who had lost her sister, Terri and Stefanie Holmes, who had lost their daughter; Laura and Andrew Briggs, who had lost their son; Alan and Ruth Johnson, who had lost their grandson; Sean Walden, who had lost his mate; Sierra, Max and Heather Reyes, who had lost their father, Lisa Reyes' mate. Then there were Dennis Geller, Tara Cashore, Jonathan Smith, Susie Cutler, Bob and May Dolman, and finally, Earl Becker, who were all very close friends of the wolves that had passed away. 

Those who had lost their mates looked like they were just shells of what they used to be - there was no fire in their eyes, and their faces were expressionless. They would forever feel like they lived without their souls, their entire beings. It was hard to even look at them - it made me think of things I didn't even want to consider: the death of Lily. 

Lily. 

I had to go to her. I had to see her. I had to hold her. I had to kiss her. 

I turned to my mom, and she seemed to see the desperation and longing in my eyes, because she understood immediately. 

"Go", she said, smiling a little. 

I knew that even if she didn't jump up and down at the moment, my mom was extremely happy that I'd found my mate, and so early in life. Some people had to wait for many more decades before they found theirs, and some never did. 

My dad was almost as happy as mom, but he would never admit it. He was ready to let the Alpha pass on to me and just live a peaceful life alongside his wife. 

I nodded once at mom and walked straight from the yard and into the woods. The canopy cast dark shadows on all underneath,blocking the little light the moon offered tonight. I undressed in the shadows of the trees, and ties my clothes to my right leg. I would have to take the shoes in my mouth, though the thought disgusted me a little - you all know how teenage boys' shoes smell after some time of use. And then add the werewolf to that. I'm telling you - it's not pretty. 

I made the run at a slow pace, but still arrived within five minutes. And then I stood underneath her window. 

The light was on in her room. Was she waiting for me? Or was she doing something else completely? 

She had soft music playing - I could hear it through the small gap of her window, that she once again had left open. 

I quickly climbed the wall, my fingers finding crevices that a human's couldn't have. Well up, I widened the opening of the window, and climbed through. 

And there she was, on her bed, reading some book. I wondered if she really could concentrate on it with the music on. I closed the window behind me. Apparently she could - she didn't look up at my approach, and I doubt that she'd noticed it at all. 

My suspicions were confirmed when I slowly sat down beside her, making her mattress shift under my weight. She jumped, and quickly looked up, startled. 

"Cain!" A sigh of relief left her lips when she saw that it was me, and I think my heart skipped a beat. "I didn't hear you come in. You startled me!" 

I smiled. 

"I'm sorry." And I was - but also a little amused. 

My eyes couldn't get enough of her face, and I was soaking her in. It seemed like forever since I'd last met the stare of those electric blue eyes of hers. They still sent shocks through my system, heating me up. God, I wanted to be with her. 

I loved her. 

"Did my mom let you in?" she asked, curious. "If she did, I apologize for anything she said." 

I laughed. I'd never told her how I'd gotten into her house the other times, and of course she'd think the door - it's what every normal girl would assume. Hmm... Maybe I should start using the door, now that Lily was OK with me being here. 

"No, I didn't see her - I let myself in, I hope that's OK." 

She scrunched her nose up. 

"The door was unlocked? Wow - good security we've got. I guess we're lucky it was you walking through that door." 

I chuckled. 

"It's OK - I locked it before I came upstairs", I lied. I had no doubt that the front door was locked, otherwise, her remark would have bothered me a lot more than it did now. 

Then we simply looked each other in the eyes for a minute, before she looked down, and asked: 

"How was it? The funeral?" 

Sadness overwhelmed me - now that I was with her, I could think properly about the other things going on in my life. We had lost eight people yesterday - eight friends and family members - and I hadn't had the time to really morn yet - whenever she was away from me, Lily was all I could think about. 

I really should tell her. Then I looked at her, and decided once again that it wasn't worth it. I would lose her. 

"It was OK. You know - it was a funeral." 

"Yeah", she said. "I buried my dog seven years ago." I laughed at her serious face, and then she broke into a smile, unable to hold her mask. "I'm sorry!" she groaned, burying her face in her hands. "That was so mean! I'm a horrible person!" 

"It's OK", I laughed, tugging at her hands - I didn't want her to hide that beautiful face of hers. "Lily? It's fine - I promise. I laughed, didn't I?" She peeked at me from between her fingers. "Don't hide from me", I begged, and finally, she lowered her hands. 

Her cheeks were red, and her eyes apologizing. 

"I'm sorry", she said again." I feel terrible. I'm not in control of my mouth - it just does whatever it wants to." 

I smiled at her. She was adorable. 

"I can give it a try..." I said slowly, leaning forward. She met me halfway, and as out lips touched, those sparks were flying in every direction, and they made my skin prickle - in a good way - and my heart beat quicker, and my blood grow warmer. The thought that one kiss could make me feel like this - could have this reaction on my body - was what I lived for. She was what I lived for. 

I leaned in further, pushing her back onto her bed, climbing on top of her. Her fingers were in my hair, tugging me closer, and my right hand was on her waist, while the other supported my weight, to keep it off of her. Still, out bodies were pressed to each other, as close as the could get. 

I could smell her hormones in the air around us, and that, too, was adding to my own want. She wanted me, I needed her. I guess we all know where this was going. 

We took it slow this time, not rushing. We were with each other, and that was all that mattered. The kisses were soft and gentle, and every touch lingered. 

Though the kisses were all but rough, our breathing was: it sounded as if we were 20 meters from the finishing line of a marathon - well, I sounded like a normal guy about to finish the running of a marathon. 

We took our time undressing each other, and caressed every piece of exposed skin as it emerged from under our clothes, but it still wasn't long before we were both naked in each others arms, staring into the other's eyes. 

"God, you're so beautiful", I breathed, and she laughed a little as she felt her cheeks heat up. 

I leaned in closer, inhaling her scent. Just being near her suddenly became insufficient. I had to be closer, had to be inside her. I ran my hand down the length of her body, and lowered my lips to her ear, planting soft kisses just below her earlobe, knowing that it was one of her soft-spots. 

"I want you, Lily", I whispered against her skin. "I want you so bad." 

All I got in response was a deep, lustful moan, but it was enough. I was a goner. 

I kissed my way down her jaw, searching for her lips. Lily's fingers dug deeper into my hair, pulling me closer - and I knew that she thought I took too long. Smirking, I continued at my slow pace, teasing her although it was like torture for me as well. 

When our lips finally met, it felt like everything around us exploded in flames. I went even warmer than what was normal (for me), and I knew that she could feel it. Luckily, she chose, as she so often did, not to comment, probably being too horny to concentrate on anything else. 

I loved that I had that effect on her - I could make her hormones go wild with just a look, or a touch. 

Just then, one of her hands left my hair, trailing down my slightly sweaty chest, over my stomach, and even lower. As she grabbed hold of me, explosive waves of strong, electric shocks coursed through my system at one hundred and eighty miles per hour. I gasped, unprepared for the effect she had on me, and looked down into her glittering eyes, stunned. 

I knew that she drove me insane with lust, just being near me - her scent was enough to turn me on - but I'd never expected this. I decided that she could make me feel and do anything, and not to be surprised by it anymore. 

I crushed my lips to hers, being unable to stand it anymore - I had to have her! 

Her hand guided me to her, and I pushed myself inside.

Lily's POV 

His arm was around my waist, cradling me to him, keeping me safe. My eyes were on his, memorizing every dark spot of green. My left hand was on his chest. 

I was talking again: he'd asked me about New York, so I was telling him of our old apartment, our old neighbors, my favorite hang-out, my old school, and old classmates. And then came the inevitable: questions about old boyfriends. I hadn't even bothered asking him - I knew his background as a player. 

"Well...", I said as he asked. Deciding to tease him again, I started counting on my fingers. "There were Riley," Riley had been my neighbor until I turned five, "Carl," the old man working in my favorite hot-dog stand, "Andrew," my friend's dog, "Paul," one of the gay guys on my old school, "Brian," a jock that I'd never even talked to, "Clyde," my ex P.E teacher, a fifty years old man who used to perv on the girls' changing rooms (*shivers in disgust*), "Ken," the boyfriend of my barbie doll, "Joel-" I was cut off by a fierce growl, erupting from Cain's throat. If only he knew how much it turned me on when he did that! 

I looked up at him, noticing that his face had gone dark and angry. He looked as if he was about to smash something into pieces. 

"I was just kidding", I laughed, and reached up to kiss him. 

He met my lips with a fierce possessiveness, and I knew what he was going to say before he did. He rolled us over so that I was on my back with him hovering over me, but he never stopped his feverish kissing, other than to speak. 

"You're mine!" he growled in-between kisses, and I was too busy kissing him back to argue with him. Whatever - I'd heard it before, and he knew what I thought of his possessiveness: disturbing, but such a turn-on! 

After our heated make-out session was over, we just lay there for a while. His lips were pressed to my neck, unmoving, and I was still breathing too hard to say much of anything. Once my breathing had calmed a little, I inhaled his musky, woodsy, male scent, and said, being honest now: 

"I've only had three boyfriends in my entire life, and one was when I was four, so I don't usually count him in." 

"Yeah?" Cain mumbled against my neck, and I had to stifle a moan as his hot breath caressed my skin. 

"Yeah", I said. "James, Tyler and Matt." 

Cain propped himself up on his elbows, and I already missed his lips on my skin. He was scowling, so I knew that he hadn't fully forgiven me yet, but he still looked a little curious. 

"Tell me", he ordered, smoothing a strand of hair away from my forehead. 

"Hm..." I tried to remember a little more. "James and I went to the same daycare", I started, making Cain huff out a little laugh. I doubt that James was his main concern. "He was cute, and didn't push me around or pinch me like all the other boys." Cain smirked a little - a what, I had no idea. "After half a day of playing in the outdoors sandbox, he said that he liked me, pecked my lips and ran away. I was confused, and a little grossed out: cooties, you know?" I explained, and Cain chuckled. I loved to make him laugh. "The next day he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I said yes, of course. I was a little confused by that too: I was a girl, and his friend - his girlfriend. Why would he have to ask me?" Cain chuckled again. "Anyway, it only lasted for a week - he decapitated my barbie, so I punched him. We didn't talk to each other after that." 

Cain laughed and kissed me. I didn't know why, but I was still glad to kiss him back, loving the feel of his lips back on mine. 

"I met Tyler at a party when I was fourteen", I continued after he pulled away, and I had regained my normal breathing pace. "He was nice, and I liked him a lot, but we grew apart at fifteen, and then he moved to Seattle." I paused. Now came the tough part; the one I hadn't even wanted to think of, and mostly succeeded since I moved here. "Matt...", I started. It hurt just to say his name. "Matt was wonderful. He went to my school for two years before we talked to each other for the first time. I was sixteen. We were just friends for about three months, before he kissed me at a party, and then it just went from there, sort of. We were together until the end of this summer, right before I moved here." I could feel my eyes start to tear up, and blinked. I didn't want Cain to see me crying over some other guy, and so long after the breakup at that. He seemed to feel my distress anyway, because he hugged me tighter to him. "I caught him in bed with my best friend, Emily." I felt a tear escape despite my efforts. "It's so clich\u00e9, I know", I laughed a little, embarrassed, as I wiped the tear away. I couldn't believe I was actually crying over that bastard. "But it still hurts." 

I felt Cain's chest rumble against my naked skin, and I could hear the low growl in his throat. I buried my face against his neck, seeking the comfort of his touch, as a couple of more tears fell down my cheeks. 

"I'm glad that you moved here, and I'm glad that you're not with him anymore, but I could kill him for hurting you", he said. I couldn't see his face, but I could feel the tension in his body and hear the rage in his voice. There was also a little hurt mixed in there. There was a short pause, then: "Do you still love him?" he asked, and I felt his hands tighten into fists. 

I held my breath. 

"I never said I did", I whispered softly, and he sighed. 

"But you're crying", he explained. "After all this time, you're still crying when you're thinking of him. For him to be able to hurt you this bad, you must've really loved him." 

His voice was full of badly disguised hurt, and it hurt me to think that I was hurting him. I couldn't even look at him as I answered, 

"I don't know... maybe a little. It's hard to say - I haven't seen him for so long. Not since I ran out of his bedroom after finding them together. I haven't talked to either of them." I sighed. "I do know that I don't want to, though. Ever."

He tightened his hold of me again, and I was starting to have trouble breathing. So I hugged him back, as hard as I could, wanting to make the most of the moment. His scent had a calming effect on my system, and the tears had stopped running. 

I pressed my body closer to his, and put my leg up over his, and I laughed a little, surprised, as I felt his erection. 

"Really?" I teased, giggling. "Now?" 

"I'm sorry!" he exclaimed. "You're so perfect - I can't help myself, especially when you're this close." 

He thought I was perfect? 

I angled my head up, planting soft kisses on his neck. He groaned, and I smiled a little in victory, trailing my fingernails along the outlines of his six-pack. He groaned again, and bent down to meet my hungry lips with his own. 

Screw Matt! I thought. That bastard can go jump off a high cliff somewhere. I have perfect right here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610 70 41
An unexpected move, an unexpected love, an unexpected world... Essie has been chosen "for such a time as this". An aspiring journalist, Essie Jacobs...
29K 279 22
Ketlin is an average teen, living in a small Estonian town. She had a normal life, normal friends... Then there's a new student at their school. Adam...
111K 2.7K 26
Peyton hasn't had the best past and moving to another state isn't what she was hoping for in her Senior year. But when she meets the mysterious boy t...
3.6K 180 9
Ashley was tasked by her best friend to sell a case full of coins they unearthed from the depths of a witch's workroom. Little did she know the conse...