Red Strings Entanglement

By axzery_moon

Jewelry Grace Smith has two goals in life: finish college and find her dad. Her mother and brothers do not su... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53

CHAPTER 44

14 0 0
By axzery_moon

My lips pursed as I gazed at the text message sent to me.

Unknown number:

Have you been watching your girl?"

No doubt, it came from Damon. It scared me. I know Damon is insane and he can do whatever he pleases to be. I'm still trying to track him down, but he just suddenly turned invisible.

The last time I saw Damon was on our Graduation, just like Jewel. It bothered me. His silence.

I tried to breathe. Am I being paranoid if I say that Jewel is in the bathroom in an awful lot of time?

I check the time and it was already 10 minutes since she is in the bathroom. Should I go to her? After all, the dangers are lurking around us.

"...Jace." I can feel my heart being stabbed. A gasp escape my lips as I touch my chest. I tried to breathe but I couldn't. I thought I was bleeding but I wasn't. I opened my mouth as I tried to breathe.

"Jewel?"

My hands went to touch my necklace and it didn't glow so it means she's safe. I sighed, but even so, the painful stab in my heart didn't falter.

F*ck!

No. No. Something is definitely wrong.

"Sir, your order is here." Awful time.

"I'll be right back." I stayed coldly and left the waiter looking confused. My footsteps were fast and heavy as I marched my way towards the bathroom.

I was about to enter the woman's bathroom when suddenly someone put his hand in my shoulder, stopping me. I turned to see who it was and it was a d*mn waiter. I glared at him but he didn't budge.

"I need to go inside." I gritted my teeth. My hands form into fists in the side.

"Sir, it's the woman's bathroom. You are forbidden to enter."

"I need to check my girlfriend." His right eyebrows arched. "I am not a f*cking pervert." He sighed.

F*ck. F*ck. This is wasting my time.

"Sir, I forbid you to enter."

"Forbid me?"I scoffed. I pointed to myself. "Who are you to forbid me?"

"Sir-"

His sentence stopped when suddenly we heard somebody screaming on the inside of the bathroom. My eyes widened.

Jewel.

"Sir!" I immediately entered inside without waiting for that as*hole. As I step inside, my eyes widened when i saw a different woman scurrying away from something. Her eyes were wide and she truly look horrified from what she witnessed.

She was still screaming and screaming and continue to move away.

From what?

I turn my gaze to where her eyes set in and my eyes widened. I felt myself turn cold from what I witness. From the bottom of the sink were blood. I cannot be mistaken. It's blood.

"Jewel."

WHERE IS JEWEL?!

It can't be hers. It can't be. I moved my attention to the cubicles and marched my way towards them. I felt my heart beating rapidly and the stab of my heart continue to lingers. I couldn't breathe. But I muster all my strength.

One by one, I opened the cubicles and each one of them were all opened. NO ONE WAS F*CKING THERE!

JEWEL?! MON AMOUR, WHERE ARE YOU?!

My breathe turned ragged feeling defeated as I opened all the doors.

No. No. No. JEWEL! JEWEL! JEWEL!

I turned my attention towards the bottom of the sink. I can still hear her scream as I approach it.

My shoulders tensed and my eyes hurt from what I witnessed. A silver hairclip can be seen. I-it was broken. The hairclip I gave her. B-broken.

My Jewel. Where are you?

I looked around as I tried to find her, but I couldn't. I gritted my teeth and I stood up.

A sudden noise of my phone and I immediately grab it from my pockets.

Unknown number:

I told you to keep an eye on her. Look at what happened.

I cursed and throw my phone at the F*cking floor. I gazed at my reflection on the mirror staring right through me was a man who failed to protect his love. His negligence is all the reason why this happened.

I hated myself.

I didn't stop myself as my fist came in contact with my reflection. Shards of glass moved past me, as they cut a part of my cheeks. And yet I didn't feel pain for my heart was already broken like the mirror.

I can hear the woman shouting from what I did. I didn't look at her and only stared at my reflection. My Jewel's face stared at me and she look in pain.

On cue, the door suddenly opened and lots of staff enter inside the bathroom. Even the police were there. I turn my attention towards them. They all look horrified. Their attention move towards the woman, the blood, the mirror, and me.

One of the policemean gritted his teeth. Such misinformation.

"Sir, you are under arrest." The policeman was about to approach me but the waiter immediately step towards him. He put his hands in his chest trying to stop him.

"Stop! Stop! It wasn't him!"he said. "We were both outside when this happened."

"Is he saying the truth?"The policeman asked as he gazed at me.

"I want to check the CCTVS. Where is the manager?" His brows furrowed. They look widely offended and I didn't want to indulge on this.

"Excuse me?" One of them stepped in. I bet this is the manager. "You have no right!"

"I do have the right."

"Who do you think you are?"he asked, looking horrified and wildly offended.

A waiter suddenly said and stood in. His head bent down. "He is Mr. Jace Angelo Montezalde, sir. I regret to inform you that he was dining on our restaurant." Their eyes widened as their attention turned towards me. Now, they all look silly.

"Mr. Montezalde. I-i didn't know." The manager said. He looks sweaty and wiped it away using his handkerchief. He tried his best to smile, but it came as a grimace. "We can speak this in my office. A cup of coffee perhaps?"

"I don't need coffee. I want the f*cking CCTVS!" I shouted at them. "My girlfriend is f*cking missing so do your f*cking job. Or do you want me to turn this restaurant into rubble?"

"I..y-yes sir." The manager said and bowed his head.

***

"M'lady, wake up for me."

I slowly opened my eyes and I was expecting it to be Jace, but it was the d*mn bastard. And here I was again, kidnapped.

My head was still throbbing and I can feel my dried blood on the side of my face.

"You're awake, m'lady."he smiled at me and touch my face but I moved away. The last thing I want is to be touched by a manipulative bastard.

"Don't call me that. Only Jace calls me the nickname!"I spat at him. He smirked and then slapped me on the face. I close my eyes because of how hard and painful that slap is.

He then grabbed my face and force me to looked at him."Kahit dumudugo na iyang ulo mo ay may gana ka parin magsalita."

He's not the Damon I know, this is a f*cking psycho, who is about to kill me!

"What do you want?"I asked when he let go of me.

"I don't want anything from you, Jewel. What I want is Jace and what he would do to you when he saw you dead." he smirked. I glared at him. He touched my cheeks and caressed it slowly. It disgusts me. "If only you weren't his heart, then maybe I had you." I tried to move away but he then held my cheeks.

I glared at him. "I don't belong to you." He let go and moved away.

"Ryder."he called someone and there was a man coming forward. I glanced at him and my eyes widened. This was the man who almost killed me, who almost pulled the trigger and could have killed me! "Take care of Jewel for me." Damon said and patted him on the back, before leaving me with this a**hole.

"As you wish, sir."he smirked, while gazing at me. Tinignan ko siya nang masama habang palapit siya sa akin. I would never forget, what he did to me.
"Miss me, little birdie?"he asked and grab me on the cheeks.

"Not even a bit."I spit on him and he close his eyes, before wiping it with his arm. Pagkatapos niya ginawa iyon ay sinampal niya ulit ako.

"This time I'm torturing you to to get Jace coming to you."he said and put his hands at the side of the chair."He should have killed me, if he had the chance."tawa niyang sabi."Oh, I forgot. He's too weak. "he slapped me, again."Do you give up?"

"N-no."I said trying to shake away the fear, but its no use. I'm literally fearing for my life.

"I sense fear in you. That's good."he smirked at me.

His arms then went to my head, where I was wounded and he pinched it really hard that I started screaming!

Ang sakit!

"Do you give up, now?"

"Never."I said to him and he punched me, again. He gazed at my chest and hold the precious jewel I was wearing. It took all my will power to not smirked at what he did. I need to pretend that I was slowly giving up.

Well, before I could do that I was knocked out by conscious with this bastard.

"M'lady."Damon said, but I didn't looked up. I was still slowly opening my eyes, trying to recover the torture I have experienced.

"DON'T F*CKING CALL HER THAT!" My eyes widened. It was Jace's voice. My Jace.

"Don't worry, Jace. She's still alive."

I wanted to looked up and gazed at him, but I couldn't. Ayokong makita niya ako nang ganito.

"What the f*ck did you do to her?"Jace said, coldly. And I realize that he wasn't here, it was from a call. Maybe from a tv, since I am shown by light.

"Well, I kidnapped and tortured her."Damon said and I can feel him smirking.

"F*ck you!" It was kuya James voice.

"She isn't a part of this!"said Jace.

"No, but you care for her deeply. If I physical hurt you, you would still heal. But what about the heart?"Damon asked as he approach me. "Look at the screen,m'lady."he ordered, but I didn't obey. No,I rather not!"LOOK AT THE F*CKING SCREEN!"he shouted, but I didn't listen."Ryder, get the rope."utos niya.

"Mon amour, please look at me."His voice pleaded and I wanted so badly to gaze at him.

N-no, please. Don't show weakness! "Please, I'm begging you."

I can feel Ryder putting the rope at my neck and force me to gaze at the screen."JEWEL!" I can hear them shouting my name in anguish and anger. In pain. I felt it. And it broke me.

"Jewel!"

My family and friends were crying as I gazed at them. My heart broke when I saw my mother crying hard. Nakita ko ang pagsisi at galit sa mata ng aking mga kapatid at ang sama ng tingin ni Jace kay Damon.

I tried to put up a strong face, but it all crumbled down, when I saw them. Hindi ko man lang namalayan na umiiyak na pala ako sa harapan nila.

"Now, you're looking at the screen."Damon smirked. I turn my attention towards him. I glared at him like it could possibly kill him.

"F-f*ck you!"

He chuckled.

"Ang tapang ng girlfriend mo, Jace. Kahit ka-ilan ilan na siya binugbog ay pilit pa din niya ang sarili na gisingin."I heard Ryder said, behind me while still pulling the rope. Any minute now, I would lose oxygen from the amount he's pulling. "Maybe, she's waiting to save by his knight and shining armour."

"J-jewel."said Jace and I shake my head, while gazing at him.

"You know, when I kidnapped her, Jace. She was screaming for your name, begging you to save her."Damon said to Jace. Nanlaki ang mata ko sa sinabi ni Damon. Hindi iyon ang nangyari! He's trying to make Jace guilty.

"No!Huwag kang maniwala, Jace!Ahh-"I was cut off, when the rope was pulled again.

"Let her go!"Jace shouted.

"She called your name, but you didn't come. This is your fault."said Damon and I saw the look on Jace's face. He looks in pain. He is clearly telling himself that this is fault. But it wasn't. It would never be his.

"Don't listen to him, please."I begged him.

"I'm gonna kill you, Damon."Jace said, coldly.

"Here's the deal. Pupunta ka dito mag-isa na walang kasama. You're not gonna come here with the police or any persons, including your friends and Jewel's brothers."

"You are literally torturing our sister, as*hole! "sigaw ni kuya Jaydee. He gritted his teeth. His eyes were red as he continuously glared at Damon.

Damon was not fazed by it and even stood there, heartless, like a f*cking psychopath he is.

"Or else..."Damon grabs his gun which is placed on his hips and pointed at me. My eyes widen and I felt fear consume me. I can hear the shouts and their beg to Damon not to shoot me. My mind went back during the time I was kidnapped and Ryder pointing the gun at my forehead. It felt just like this.

"If I see you with anyone, I'm gonna kill her. Infront of all of you."he smirked."I'm expecting you here to be in 1 hour, if you don't..." He laughed, menacingly. I was breathing heavily and I closed my eyes. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die.

"No, no. Pupunta ka naman talaga. How about if you're late?Even in one second."he said and pulled the trigger. I felt my world stopped but relief consumes me when no bullet came out. However, my heart beat at a fast pace and my stomach made an uncomfortable knot. "Your beloved here will be tortured, and raped by my men, and then killed."

"B*stard!"kuya Jackson said.

"See you in 30 minutes, Montezalde."Damon said and ended the call. Damon then approqch me and grab my chin to looked at him."Hear that?" He smiled and I glared at him."Your love will come and save you."

"Walanghiya ka, Damon!"I shouted as he laughed menacingly at me.

Then, Ryder appeared infront of me holding a handkerchief and covered it to my mouth. I tried not to inhale and sniff it, but I still inhaled some of it. I was slowly drifting away. My surroundings started to get blurry as I fight the urge to stay awake. But the scent was more powerful.

"Ang ganda niya, boss."

I heard someone say. I was beginning to regain conscious by the noises. I opened my eyes but I was still looking down. I don't want them to know that I was awake.

"Sigurado ka bang pupunta ang Montezalde na iyon?"

"I mean, who wouldn't? This girl is a beauty."

"You can have her, when Jace doesn't come."Damon said, boredly. My eyes widened. Seriously?!

"I mean, Jace wouldn't know, if we touched her, right?"

Are they planning to rape me?!

"Oo nga, boss."

"Well, if she would talk, he would know."said Damon.

"Mamatay din naman siya." May isa nq tumangkang hawakan ang binti ko pero mabilis ako umiwas.

"Don't touch me!"I shouted at them.

"Feisty!"said one of them. I glared at them and they all smirked at me.

"Anong kag*guhan naman ito, Damon?" He smirked.

"Gusto ka na maka-alis dito,diba?"

"What exactly are you planning?"I asked him, not exactly trusting this situation. I am wearing a gown for heaven sake, and I am in a mansion surrounded by maniacs. Did he dress me?! What the f*ck?!

I felt myself being harrased. I felt myself being naked in that exact moment. Why didn't I feel it? Why?! W-WHY?! "Did you dress me?" I asked him, but he didn't answer. He just smirked.

BASTARD!

"Jace will be your knight and shining armour, and you would be his princess. The reason for you, wearing a gown."he said and pointed at what I am wearing."I'll torture him here, while you gaze at him."

My eyes widen."N-no."

His smile widened. He seems to enjoy that I was already showing him fear. I bite my lips. "Yes, and I'll kill him. And after he dies, you're free."

"Jace wouldn't let himself be tortured, a**hole!"I spat at him and he snickered.

"No, he wouldn't. But for you, he will."

My eyes widened. NO! NO! N-NO! HE SHOULDN'T!

But he would for me. If that would keep me safe and I hate it. I f*cking hate it. I wish he didn't love me that much. I wish I was the only one that love him. This wouldn't have happened.

I felt my tears coming down. I had no control. I had to be in control but I couldn't. "No, Damon. Please, huwag! Ako nalang!" I begged him but he only laughed, getting amused by this situation. His comrades also laughed.

"That's nice, trying to save him. Its too late, dahil nandito na siya."he said and moved to his side. Nakita ko ang paglapit ni Jace sa amin. He had no expression in his face, while gazing at Damon. But, when he turned to me, his face was still emotionless, but eyes held different emotions.

I shake my head a couple of times but he just gave me a smile.

No! Please no! I beg you! Run! Away from here, where you will be safe!

"Okay, Damon. I'm here. Let go of, Jewel. Now!"sabi niya kay Damon. The five men started approaching him and fear started to consume me. My heart beat in a painful way.

"P-please, Jace! Umalis ka nalang, papatayin ka niya."

"I'm not leaving without you, m'lady."

"That's sweet."Tumingin kami ni Jace sa kanya ng masama. "Did you bring any weapons?"he asked Jace.

"As what you instructed, I didn't."Jace said, coldly.

"Good."Damon nodded."Tie him up."he ordered and his goons immediately followed his lead. They tied Jace at the chair, but instead of a rope, they used chains.

Damon then grabbed his gun and pointed it at me, again. Jace's eyes widen by this."Jewel!"sigaw niya. He looks in distress. His eyes pleading to Damon. "I'm already here, Damon. You said you'll free her."

"Until you die!"

"Kill me, then!"

Hindi ko alam pero umiyak ako sa sinabi niya. Why is he like this? He would still do everything to protect me, even if he dies. I looked down because I couldn't handle it. My heart broke for the both of us.

Where did our happy moments go?

"No!I want it to happen like how you did it with my father."

"I didn't even kill your father!"

"But you put him in jail!"

"For the crimes, he did!"

"Inosente ang papa ko!"

"Inosente ba ang pagpatay?"Jace asked, sarcastically.

"He did the right thing!"Damon shouted and Jace scoffed. I raise my brows at Damon. Tama ba ang pagpatay ng tao?

"By killing my grandfather?"

"Yes!"Damon shouted. Nagalit si Jace dito at pilit na umalis sa pagtali upang lapitan si Damon. He almost did, if Damon didn't put the gun at my forehead, again."Ah ah ah!One wrong move and the girl you love so much will be in a blood bath."Damon said."Torture him!"Damon shouted and his goons started punching Jace.

"Jace!" sigaw ko at pilit na umalis sa pagkatali sa akin. F*ck. F*ck. F*ck!

"Hold this, Ryder!"Damon said and gave Ryder the gun. Ryder smirked and pointed the gun at me. Lumapit si Damon sa kanila at tumigil naman ang pagbugbog nila kay Jace. Damon then punched Jace at the face. Jace then coldly glared at him.

"That's for my father, you bastard!"Another punch.

"That's for torturing him!"Another punch.

"That's for putting him in jail!"Another punch.

Umiyak na ako sa ginawa niya kay Jace. His face then fell down, because of the punch."Jace!"I shouted his name."Damon, please!"I begged him and Damon then looked at me and smirked.

Damon forces Jace to looked at me."You heard that? Your m'lady is begging you."Jace gazed at me, apologetically and I shake my head.

"Huwag mo siyang damayin dito, Salazar!"Jace said to Damon and spit blood at the floor. Damon then punched Jace again.

He grabbed Jace's jaw and made him face Damon. "Your grandfather is a f*cking monster!"

Jace hissed. "Don't bring my grandfather into this! We both know who the real monster is."

I have to find a way to save Jace...

I stared at Ryder, while he's still pointing the gun at me. I glared at him and he smirked. "One wrong move, little birdie. And you die!"

"How about you die?"Nagulat ako nang makita si kuya James sa likod ni Ryder na may hawak na baril. Ryder turned around and kuya James uses the gun to knock him off conscious.

"K-kuya."He smiled at me.

"Untie his rope, Jem."Kuya James said to Kuya Jem. He nodded and kuya Jem immediately approach me to free me from the ropes.

"We're gonna get you out of here."he said. I gazed around us and some of Damon's men are already down because of Kaizer and the others. Hindi man lang ito napansin ni Damon na busy pa din sa pagsusuntok kay Jace.

But the question is, how did they get in the place undetected?Ang alam ko ay surrounded ang lugar na ito sa mga tao ni Damon. Its quite impossible for them to get inside.

"Hey, its okay."Kuya Jaydee said and hugged me. Hindi ko man lang napansin na lumapit siya sa akin.

"J-jace."I said, while still gazing at Jace.

"He's gonna be fine. Jake is coming to get him."Kuya Jackson said.

"Damon!"Nagulat kami na nagising na pala si Ryder at sinigaw ang pangalan ni Damon. Kuya James immediately knocked him unconscious again.

"What?!"Lumingon sa amin si Damon at nakita niya ang mga kapatid ko at nahimatay na Ryder. His eyes widened and gritted his teeth. Tumingin siya ulit kay Jace na ngayon ay nakangisi na sa kanya."I said, don't bring anyone!"Damon said and punched Jace again."Well, your mon amour is safe. How about I kill you now?"Damon said and pointed his gun at Jace.

I tried to break free but Kuya Jayden protested that I shouldn't move.

"Baka ako ang papatay sayo!"said Jake and Damon turned to the side, who was immediately greeted a punch by Jake."That's for messing with my brother!"Damon's nose was bleeding and then suddenly many men entered the room

D*mn it!And here I thought, we were safe!

"Bilisan mo, Jem!"sigaw ni kuya Jackson habang binabaril ang mga tao na tangkang lumapit sa amin. Jake was also helping with the chains, while Kaizer, Rigel, and August is protecting them.

"I'm doing all my best!"kuya Jem shouted at my back."Its this rope. Masyadong mahigpit ang pagkatali!"kuya Jem frustratedly exclaimed. "Got it!"

I smiled when I was free from the ropes and kuya Jem immediately put me behind him, while he shot someone who was about to shoot me.

"Are you okay?"he asked me.

"Y-yeah."

"Let's get you out of here."sabi niya at pinoprotektahan naman kami nila kuya habang palabas kami.

"Papunta na din ang mga pulis."Kuya Jedan said, when he followed us. Likod niya ay nandon ang mga kaibigan namin, si Jake, at si Jace.

When Jace saw me, he immediately went towards me and embraced me. He was holding me tight like he was afraid to let me go. He kissed my forehead before looking down at me. "Y-you okay?"

"Yeah."I said and hugged him back. We were about to escape, when suddenly there were men circling us, while pointing their guns at us.

"D*mn it!"Jace cursed and Kaizer handed him a gun.

"Jace, run to the forest. We'll meet you there!"sabi ni kuya Jem at nagsimula nang sumugod and mga tao.

"Here's your gun."kuya Jedan winked at me and then shot someone.

"B-but k-kuya-"

"Be safe."kuya Jedan said and kissed my forehead.

"Keep my sister safe, Jace."kuya Jedan said to Jace.

"I will."Jace said and then held my hand, while shooting someone. We immediately ran to the forest, but my gown kept stopping us, because I kept getting stuck.

"I love you in a gown, but in times like this. I hate it!" Jace laughed and grab a knife that he hid from his knees and tear my gown. When it was shorter, and more appropriate to run, we ran again.

Habang tumatakbo kami ay mukhang may nakasunod na sa amin. Jace turned around and pointed the gun and started shooting.

Tumakbo kami ulit at mabilis naman ako tinago ni Jace sa puno ng marinig na naman kami ng ingay ng baril. Jace then started shooting and he had no bullets. He sit down and went to get some ammos under his shirt. He then winked at me and shot someone again.

I sighed, because I was not fearing for our life anymore.

"Should we rest here?"I asked him.

"No, we should keep running. Baka sundan na naman tayo."Jace then looked around."James will call me here, if everything's alright."He said and showed me a walkie-talkie hidden under his shirt."Let's go."Tatakbo na sana kami nang may marinig kaming may tumawag sa pangalan namin.

"Jace!"

"Jewel!"

It was Damon!

"D*mn it!"Jace cursed.

"He found us!"I whispered at him.

"Not yet."Jace then grab my hand and we started to ran again. Habang tumatakbo kami ay may biglang pagputok ng baril at nabaril si Jace sa kanyang braso. He tried to hide the pain, but it was no use.

"F*ck!"he groaned and held his arm.

"Found you!"Damon shouted. Mabuti pa siya alam niya kung saan kami, eh kami, hindi namin alam kung nasan siya.

"You're hit!" I exclaimed while gazing at his arm who is bleeding.

"I-I'm fine, Jewel."Jace smiled at me, but it came more as a grimace. We hid at a tree again, and I tear a piece of fabric on my gown and covered it on Jace's arm.

He groaned and stood up and pointed the gun towards Damon, and fired. But he missed. He fired again. Missed.

"You know, you shouldn't be wasting bullets, Montezalde." We can hear Damon's footsteps coming our way.

"Jace."Tumingin sa akin si Jace at ngumiti ng malungkot.

"We're gonna be safe, Jewel. I promise."he held my hand."Just let me think of a way to get out."

"You know our only choice, Jace."I said and Jace gazed at the bottom of the forest.

"Too risky, we might get shot."

"Well, we're sitting ducks here, if we don't move."

Jace pursed his lips and think."I'll face him."

"What!?" My eyes widened as I gaze at Jace who only greeted me with a smile. I shake my head, repeatedly.

Jace looked at the gun and said."I still have bullets."

"Jace, you'll get shot."I argued, trying to stop him from getting killed.

"No, I am gonna be fine."he smiled, sadly. "Ran to the forest, when I stood up. I'll cover you."

"N-no, please. You'll die."I begged him. Tears started dripping down my cheeks. We just got back together. I couldn't risk it. I might lose him forever and I can't have that.

He smiled at me and kissed me on the forehead."Keep yourself safe, mon amour."I close my eyes as more tears started streaming down at my face. "I love you. You know that, right?"

"Yes. You always remind me."He smiled and kissed me on the lips. One last kiss. It felt like that. But I didn't want it to be.

When Jace let go, all emotions strip away from his face. He nodded his head, gazing at the forest. I wiped my tears and nodded my head.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

"Go!"

Hindi ko man lang nahawakan si Jace nang bigla siya tumayo at nagsimulang barilin si Damon. I don't know if he shot him, but I heard a ton of gunshots.

Dapat tatakbo na ako, pero hindi ko kaya-"Jewel, run!"I heard Jace say.

I glanced at the gun, I was holding in my hand. I stared for it a couple of minutes, before sighing.

I stand and was about to run to the deeper part of the forest, but I immediately sat back. I couldn't do it. I can't leave him. Silence came and no bullets can be heard. The silence killed me so I take a look.

They were already punching each other as I gazed at them. Jace had the upperhand but it can be vividly seen that he is beginning to get tired as he held on to his arm who continued to bleed.

I gazed at the gun I was holding and pointed it to one of them. I was never skilled to this, but I can atleast try to save him.

They were moving everywhere and I couldn't get a clear shot. When Damon faced his back at me, I pulled the trigger and let the bullet fly.

The sound of gunshot can be heard as it travelled its way to Damon's back. His back arched and he staggered. Jace's eyes widened and his gaze turn towards me holding a gun. His mouth parted.

Damon turned around to see who shot him and when he saw me, his eyes widened and he smiled. I thought it was the end. Tears started dripping my face as I gazed at them. I didn't want to hurt him, but I had to do it to save Jace.

My eyes widened when he had the strength to raise his gun and pointed it at me, but Jace was fast enough and tackled him down.

I don't know what happened but I heard another gunshot. My knees turned weak as reality sinks in. I shot someone!

My knees became wobbly and the last thing I know I was on the floor and immediately tossed the gun at the side. I looked away and couldn't gaze at the gun. It scared me.

I hear the sound of shouting my name and the sound of grass rustling. Jace then appeared infront of me and put his arms around my shoulder, assessing me before embracing me. His voice is barely audible. My thoughts were in jamble as it repeated Damon being shot by me and raising his gun at me.

"I-I shot someone." I was in a trance and repeated those words a thousand times. Jace was kissing my forehead and murmuring comforting words.

"You'll be okay. I'm here. I'm here."he repeatedly said and combed my hair. "Shh..Shh.." He said and pulling me even closer to him. I was already laying on his legs as he continued to embrace me.

"I-is he alive?"

"Yes, you didn't really shot him in the heart."

"Jace, come in. OVER!" We heard someone's voice from the walkie-talkie. Kinuha ito ni Jace at sumagot.

"We're alive, James."

"Where are you?"kuya James asked.

"We are in the forest."

"Bilisan niyo, kuya. Jace is bleeding."I said to the walkie-talkie.

"I'll be fine."he said and I glared at him. He immediately shut up.

"Where's Damon?"

"He's here. Shot, but still alive."Jace said.

"We're coming to get you."said kuya James and ended the call.

I stared at Jace and he was already staring at me. Tears started dripping and Jace tried to wipe them away. He look hurt as he gaze me, weeping." I..I was so scared. I thought I-I was gonna die."

He clenched and unclenched his jaw, trying to stop himself from crying. His eyes turned red as he gazed at me. He pulled me even closer and kissed my forehead trying his best to ease the pain. "I know. I know. And I'm sorry, I was not there for you."

"Jace, it hurts. Everything hurts."I trembled. I can feel him stiffened."My heart is breaking. My whole body is aching. I was scared that  you're gonna die!"

He said, softly. "You're safe now. We are both safe."

Truly, I was now safe in his arms...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.9K 693 76
So what if HE doesn't like me?! His MOM likes me for HIM and that's what matters to me! After all I can make HIM fall for me with the help of his MOM...
3.3K 177 24
Having a complete and happy family is one of Axi's dream. Their dad left when he was 13 to build a new family with his mistress. It's his dream to ma...
427K 6.1K 24
Dice and Madisson
1M 34.8K 76
[REVISED VERSION: MAY 2024] Coffees and pancakes. Teas and waffles. Two people crossed that created ditto but with dissonance.