Moonlight

By writtenintheskye

I run through the forest. Branches whipping my face. Small rocks and twigs on the forest floor ripping my bar... More

Prologue.
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen

Fourteen

120 7 10
By writtenintheskye

Not too long after I came to the conclusion of Alex being the good twin, we led their on my bed next to each other until Sam came up looking for him for dinner. I was told because I had fainted earlier I wasn't allowed to go down but that after Caitlin had finished she would bring up food for me. Alex had left with a smile and a loaded glance at me before grabbing the tray from my desk and going through my door.

Currently I was sat on my bed with another tray with Caitlin sitting where Alex was not too long ago. This tray used to have peri peri chicken, sweet corn, random bits of orange peppers and cucumber and potato wedges covered in BBQ sauce on it. I place the tray next to me on the bed.

"Sooo?" I look at Caitlin quizzically. The whole time I'd been eating she'd been dead silent just sitting there watching me eat. It was quite unnerving now I think about it. I was constantly worried I had something on my face or that I might chew weird or something.

"Sooo what?"

"Duh, spill about what I've missed over these past few hours that I haven't been in your lovely company." Yeh, I noticed the little compliment she put in there to persuade me to spill. Not that I wasn't going to spill anyway, but compliments are nice. Guys take note.

"I take it you want me to start from the beginning."

"The only reason I'm going to resist stay duh again is so I don't sound like a teenage girl with a limited vocabulary. Actually I am going to allow myself to get away with it by rephrasing it to no shit Sherlock. Now get on with it before I make you tell me." She emphasises her last point by hitting me with a pillow.

"Hey, hey. No hitting the sick person." Between my laughter I gave a couple of fake coughs.

"Sick my ass, drama queen sounds more like it. But I'll let you get away with it this time since you fainted." Caitlin then proceeds to put her hand on my forehead to see if I have a temperature. Laughing, I gently slap her hand away. It's so nice being able to laugh this much.

"Okay, so I woke up this morning and I was just lying in my bed thinking about stuff when my door slams open." I tell Caitlin everything, the time I spent with Jason, what I overheard, the kiss with Jason, the kisses with Alex, Jason trying to practically kill me, the fainting, Mr. Murdoch, all of it. To be completely honest, it's such a relief to get it all off my chest and get someone's else's opinion on all this.

"Wow." This is the first word Caitlin has managed to mutter after me telling her. Until now she'd just been staring at me in shock, and avalanche of emotions playing across her face.

"I know." I let out a sigh.

"I was having a pretty boring day I should have just stayed with you. Personally I think we should try and give all this stuff a conclusion."

I frown at her, having no idea where she's going with this, but I nod not knowing what else to do.

Seeing my frown Caitlin moves so she's sitting cross legged in front of me. "Trust me, Daire. It always helps me when things get a little bit much to comprehend. It got me through some intense stuff and I'm sure it will do the same for you." Seeing my confused expression she expands. "I mean with what's happened today of course." She lets out a little huff.

"Okay, shoot."

She thinks a bit before seeming to come to an conclusion. Get it conclusion. Okay no I'll just go. "Let's start with Mr. Murdoch. He's just weird so that's that."

"Oh my god that's your conclusion to Mr. Murdoch. This is gonna be a hoot." I splutter between giggles.

"Hey! Don't mock the conclusion!" Even through she does a good job of acting outraged, I can see the smile tugging at her lips so it kinda epically failed. "Plus if you ever say hoot again I may be forced to slap you." This causes me to let out a very attractive short, making me thankful that Alex or Jason aren't here. I mean that Alex isn't here, duhhh in the words of teenage girls with limited vocabularies. My snort causes Caitlin to let out a snort of her own. Which in reaction causes me to snort again which causes - you know what lets just fast forward through the ten minutes of snorting laughter that soon follows.

Caitlin is this first to get hold of herself. She taps my knee, that is folded on top of my foot, with her hand. "Let's get this conclusion show on the runway." She sounds so stupid sometimes but that's what's so great about her, she isn't afraid to sound stupid. Plus I'll never hear these stupid sayings she's remixed if I didn't know her.

I suck in some air and let it out slowly, to calm my giggles down. "Lights, camera, conclusion." Okay, so that didn't help with the not laughing thing but it was worth it.

All of a sudden the mood in my room gets serious and I know Caitlin is about to start.

"Jason trying to strangle you, I don't have a clue as to why so I can't help you there but it does explain why you fainted. The lack of oxygen from him strangling you and then you running must have messed around with your head causing you to pass out. I can't understand why he would go from being nice to you, to saying that stuff about you, to trying to kill you. But I guess since you and him kissed and what he said must mean he meant to mess with you all along. I can only guess he was nice to you because you're working on the project together and being nice means getting, what it seems he wants from you. After all it's not like he was exactly nice to you when you first got here."

It sounds weird but every time she said something about Jason and how he was just using me, my heart hurt a little bit. "True, I just don't understand why someone could be so cruel. Wait, never mind I take it back, it's Jason, I can see why he did it. He's just a monster."

Caitlin frowns at me. "Do you believe that, Daire?"

I let out a sigh. "True be told, Caiti, I don't know what to believe right now." I'm not sure what's going on but it's like I'm on the edge of reality and non-reality, I guess.

"Good. Daire, I need you to promise me something. Be open to change and to amazing and mysterious things. Promise me that even if it seems scary as hell at first, wade past that and into the realm of amazing and beautiful." Even through for half a second she sounds crazy, she also sounds so enchanting and passionate I find myself promising.

"Now let's talk about the kisses, since you've kissed both Alex and Jason, how do they compare? I mean they're twins, so do they snog the same? Do they touch you in the same? Hmmmmmm." Caitlin follows these questions by wiggling her eyebrows, making me wonder how just a minute ago I found her enchanting and passionate in the slightest.

"You're such a perv." I laugh before it dies down as I think her questions through. "I can't really compare them that well. With Jason it was kind of rushed and it only happened once. With Alex there was more time to explore and it's happened twice now. I don't know wether it's just hormonal with Alex or not, but I kinda hope it isn't. I mean we can be really good friends as well as, you know, the snogging and yes, the touching. Besides Jason just left me feeling weird."

"What do you mean weird?"

"Like while we were kissing, I had this strange urge to howl. Who wants to howl when you're getting into it with a guy? In fact who wants to howl at all." The urge to howl has left me feeling strange since it happened and I emphasise my frustration by flopping back onto my pillows. I really need to find a new way to lie down on my bed before it breaks.

"Howl?" I force my head to look at Caitlin. I'm met with the sight of wheels turning behind her eyes at a frantic speed. She's probably wondering what kind of friend she has acquired. After a little while, when I've taken to staring at the ceiling, she lets out a laugh. "You know what? Maybe you're a werewolf."

At least her craziness can still make me laugh. "Right, don't forget to chain me up for the full moon, I don't think I'll be able to control myself." The sarcasm drips from my words. Maybe I've caught something from Jason, after all we did kiss, then we hung out not to mention I have to sit next to him ten hours a week.

"Daire. I'm being serious. I mean you wanted to howl whilst kissing Jason." At her tone my heart rate begins to slow dramatically. "Have you ever thought that maybe Jason and Alex are werewolves and you are too. But you haven't transformed yet for some reason. The kiss with Jason, set some kind of reaction off within you causing you to want to howl. Because this reaction has been set off, your hormones have gone into overdrive. Jason and Alex's hormones have also gone into overdrive because of the reaction going on inside of you. That would totally explain the kissing going on between you three."

For half a second I actually believed her, then I worked out she's just an idiot and started laughing. Plus the last thing she said made it seem like Jason and Alex were having hot make out sessions. "Caiti, you're such a hoot." I let out a yelp as she slaps my leg.

"I told you I'd slap you if you used that word again." She bursts out laughing, as I scowl at her rubbing the stinging part of my leg.

"Nope, that is called abuse." I scowl at her for about half a second longer before a smile slips onto my face.

"Did I just hear a slap? Is there a bitch fight going on in here?" I practically jump out of my skin as Jamie and then Alex walk into my room.

"Aha nope, just Caiti being an idiot." I smile at Jamie, before turning my gaze onto Alex. He comes and sits next to me on the bed, whilst Jamie rolls my chair from my desk over to my bed and sits on it back to front.

"Caiti? I like it. We now name you Caiti of Moonlight Falls." Jamie taps Caitlin on each shoulder and then the nose, taking a little bit too much time pulling away if you know what I mean. I think Caitlin has the same thought as me as she blushes. Maybe I'm not the only one with uncontrollable hormones.

"So how's Caiti being an idiot?" As he talks, Alex's bare arm brushes against mine ever so slightly reminding me of some other skin on skin contact we were doing on this very bed. It's now my turn to blush.

I have to clear my throat discreetly before in able to reply to him. "Caiti thinks you, Jason and me are werewolves. I mean sure it would explain Jason's behaviour but still it's not like werewolves are real or anything." I let out a laugh as I feel the room begin to get a lot of tension. As I talked I saw Alex and Jamie shoot each other a look then swivel their heads to look at Caitlin so hard I thought their heads would snap off their necks.

Alex lets out a forced laugh. "Yeh, through it wouldn't explain why he's grouchy when it's not the full moon."

Jamie joins in with the forced laugh. "Aha. Are we gonna have to tie you three up on the full moon?"

Maybe the tension is from mentioning Jason. I mean Alex and Jamie are good friends I bet he's told him everything that's happened just like I told Caitlin. Yeh that makes sense.

"Anyway, what are you two doing up here?" Caitlin cuts into the awkward conversation.

"We just came up to see if you two wanted to watch a film in the living room. We were thinking of having a bit of a movie marathon or at least as many movies as we can fit in until bed time." Jamie makes quotation marks when he says the words bed time.

"I'm game if you are Daire."

I scoff at Caitlin. "Of course I'm game. I'm so game, my game has game."

The bed creaks slightly as Alex lifts his weight off my bed and grabs me by my hand to drag me out my room and downstairs. He moves so quickly I only just have enough time to grab a baggie hoodie off one of my bed posts and the blanket from the bottom of my bed and to beg Jamie to bring the tray downstairs for me.

I only know Caitlin and Jamie are following behind because I heard my door slam shut and I can hear Jamie complaining about having to carry the tray and how Caitlin should since she's the female, then slapping sound and a nice yelp from him. I would feel sorry for him since I know what it's like to be on the other side of Caitlin's slaps but he did just insult my gender so I'm not.

It's not until we get to the bottom of the stair, that I realise Alex is holding my hand. His hand swamps mine completely and with each step we take the callouses on his hand rub against the softness of my hand causing shivers to run up my arm. I hope my hands aren't sweaty.

As soon as we getting into the living room I let go of Alex's hand with the excuse that I'm putting the jumper I brought down with me, on. I push my head through the head hole to find Alex staring at me, looking like he wants to say something. Just he opens his mouth, Caitlin and Jamie walk in, Jamie still bitching about the slap.

"Shut up, Jamie. It didn't kill you did it?" Jamie seriously looks like he's about to say it did kill him, but Caitlin cuts him off before he can. "No it didn't. So let's move onto the more important stuff, like what movie should we watch?"

"Unfriended, 50 Shades, Jupiter Ascending or how about-" Jamie's rambling gets cut off by Caitlin again.

"Dude, seriously shut up. Besides since Daire is the newbie she should get to pick." Caitlin turns to me with a smile.

"Umm okay, what are the choices."

Jamie comes up to me and wraps his arm around my shoulders so tightly I'm close to choking. I grimace slightly at the discomfort on the bruising on my neck. "My, my you have so much to learn. Let me tell you a secret or two. There's this thing called Netflix, you can watch any movie or TV show you want too on it. Also on the off chance what you want to watch isn't on there, there are these illegal websites where you can watch anymore movie or TV show you want. Then what we do is we get the illegal website up on any Apple product and we connect it to that TV over there."

Caitlin comes up behind Jamie and slaps him on the back of his head. "Stop talking to her like she's a baby. Also get off her, you're hurting her. I mean she did get attacked not too long ago."

With a small curse and apology, Jamie quickly but gently pulls his arm from around my neck.

Caitlin gives me a bright smile. "Now, what do you want to watch?"

A movie comes to mind. With a sly glance at the boys and a smug smile I go and whisper into Caitlin's ear. She lets out a loud laugh. "Okay, you get comfy, I'll put it on and the boys can get the snacks."

This earns a long groan from Jamie, but he complies, probably remembering what happened the last few times he's said anything against Caitlin. When the boys are safely out of ear shot, Caitlin looks up from messing around with the TV to give me a smug smile, with s glint in her eye. "You are an evil genius. They are so going to regret asking us to watch movies with them."

I let out a laugh as I pull the curtains and switch the light off then snuggle up on the three seater sofa, pulling the blanket over my body. "I'm a girl, how could I not be an evil genius. Plus I think Jamie should have a bit of punishment for what he said about the female gender."

Caitlin lets out a laugh at this. After a while of fiddling with the remote, she sits on the two seater sofa and puts a pillow on her lap to snuggle with. She started the film, but paused it so the screen was black, meaning the boys would get a nice surprise.

While we wait for the boys, me and Caitlin have a bit of a banter session because we are completely stereotypical teenagers. After about five minutes of this the boys walk in carrying a big bowl of popcorn each and eight cans of Dr. Pepper. Don't ask me why they brought eight cans in, to be honest I didn't even know we had that many in the cupboard. Not that I've actually looked in any of the kitchen cupboards yet.

Jamie plonks himself next to Caitlin, putting the bowl in between them, while Alex sits cross legged next to me, putting the bowl in his lap. Yep, that means I have to reach there for the popcorn. Man up, Daire you can do this, besides he's going to be punished along with Jamie so just enjoy it while it lasts - the punishment not where I'll be putting my hand. To show I can do this I reach over and grab myself a handful of popcorn while Caitlin starts the film laughing.

"You have a choice in this word, I believe, about how to tell sad stories. On the one hand, you can sugar coat - the way they do in movies and romance novels. Where villains are vanquished and ... Heroes are born and ... Beautiful people learn beautiful lessons ... And nothing is too messed up that can't be fixed with an apology and a Peter Gabriel song. I like that way as much as the next girl, believe me, it's just not the truth. This is the truth. Sorry."

As tears already begin to fill my eyes, I look over at Jamie to see him just staring in shock at the screen. I let out a teary laugh at his expression.

"Is this what I think it is? No you can't do this to me! You two are horrible people."

"Don't blame me it was Daire's idea. Through I will be taking bets on how long it will take you too cry."

Alex lets out a throaty chuckle that I can feel through the sofa. "I'd say to the bit where Hazel goes into hospital-"

"Shush, if we're gonna watch this don't tell me! I haven't seen it before." Jamie then begins to watch the movie in concentration, even making Caitlin restart it so he can get the flow of it since we were talking.

I shuffle closer to Alex, making our arms and shoulders brush ever so slightly, so I can whisper into his ear without annoying Jamie. "So, you've watched The Fault In Our Stars before then?"

"Yeh, I had to see what all the fuss was about. It's not as bad as I thought it would be either. Now, hush and watch. Just remember I'm hear to cry on if you need too." His last sentence reminds me off what happened in the woods, making sadness envelope me for a second before I shake it off, give a small chuckle and settle down to watch the film.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.4K 2.3K 50
❝Destiny brought dark and light together, fate brought them love❞ Abused and broken Katia has been through hell and made it back alive. A true warrio...
1K 67 20
🥀Heat licks up my bones and into the surrounding skin, my groan of pleasure joining Damaris's low growl of desire. However, his lips stay as gentle...
391 2 34
My name is Noemy. And this is a story on how one night on a full moon changed my life forever. I was nerd who never ever failed a class, an artist an...
2K 139 32
'What are you doing here?' he said angrily forcefully yanking my arm. 'I told you to stay hidden.' I pulled my arm free. 'I know but I wanted to help...