THE CORE FIVE|| Descendants/J...

By badbleepofficial

"Do you ever shut up?" "Do you ever leave me alone?" "I'll leave you alone when you shut up." In which Mal tu... More

- Playlist -
- Cast List -
- Chapter One -
- Chapter two -
- Chapter three -
- Chapter four -
- Chapter five -
- Chapter Six -
- Chapter seven -
- Chapter eight -
- Chapter nine -
- Chapter ten -
- Chapter Eleven -
- Chapter twelve -
- Chapter thirteen -
- Chapter Fourteen -
- Chapter Fifteen -
- Chapter Sixteen -
- Chapter Eighteen -
- Chapter Nineteen -

- Chapter Seventeen -

52 0 0
By badbleepofficial

(A/N. Y'all.... just buckle ya seatbelts for this one ;))

<<Serena>>

The next morning, I wake up early.

I'd been tossing and turning all night, unable to sleep from the thoughts of all that went on yesterday.

Not only did I kiss Levi Rourke, but I also got into a heated argument with Reggie about it and lied to my friends about our complicated relationship.

I don't think Reggie's ever gotten mad at me like that, ever. I've never seen him that angry at anyone, for that matter. The way he talked about Levi wasn't okay, but I know that he didn't mean it. He was just mad at me and using him as a mental punching bag.

But even when we were close to biting each other's heads off, I still found him attractive.

Call me a masochist, but some heated back and forth with a crush is kind of hot.

I slowly get out from under my covers, sitting straight up and stretching. I hear Julie's light snores, indicating that she's still asleep. 

I stand up and walk over to my drawer, grabbing a red crop-top, a sports bra, my tote bag, and baggy ripped jeans. I head to the bathroom and start getting ready. I don't do any makeup, mostly because I just don't want to, but partly because I like the way I look naturally.

Sue me for thinking that I'm actually pretty without makeup.

I brush my teeth, change out of my pajamas and head downstairs, only to be met by an Alex who seems to be just as awake as I am.

"As I live and breath." Alex says, resting a hand on his chest in fake surprise, shocked that I'm awake.

I roll my eyes, "Good morning, asshole."

"That is a foul thing to say to a keeper of secrets." He raises an eyebrow at me in a joking manor.

"Speaking of that..." I trail off, hoping he gets the hint.

"Wanna take a walk?" He asks, knowingly. I nod and adjust the tote on my shoulder.

We both get our shoes and put them on, walking side by side to and out the door.

When we get out and start walking, I tell him where we're going and then don't say anything else for a moment.

For us, this is a moment of silence for all of the recent events that have gone on. Its a comfortable kind of quiet, though. The kind that you can never get bored of.

Until you do.

"So..." Alex says, looking at me as our steps sync.

"Which one are we talking about first?" I groan, throwing my head back as he grins madly.

"Obviously Levi!" He starts enthusiastically, "When did you guys start talking again?"

"Yesterday." He looks at me quizzically and I give him an overly dramatic sigh, "Well, when you guys decided to lock Julie and I in a literal shed, I didn't really have much a choice. Plus, he did owe me a favor."

He nods, remembering what I did for him to make him owe me said favor.

"What happened when you walked him home? I know that his family must've made it a big deal." He says, recalling all the times I'd mentioned how amazing his parents and sister are.

"Um, actually it wasn't that big. We decided not to tell anyone besides his mom that I was there. I wasn't there for long anyway, so it wasn't hard to sneak past the others." He nods in understanding.

"And with Levi?" He asks, me visibly tensing at the question.

"We, uh," I clear my throat, "We kissed."

Alex stops in his tracks, a bamboozled look on his face, "Tell me you're joking."

My silence says it all.

"So that basically means everything you told us yesterday was bullshit, then?" He asks with an unreadable expression as we start walking again.

"Yeah pretty much, sorry." I say sheepishly, waiting for a bad reaction.

Alex laughs though, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I can't believe that Reggie's actually right for once."

My jaw drops and an uncontrollable smile makes it's way onto my face. I close my mouth, too stunned to speak. I open it again, but to no avail, I still can't speak.

Alex laughs at this, "What? Cat got your tongue, Facilier?"

"I-" I try to start, but laugh with him, "That was out of pocket."

We make a turn and I realize that we are almost at our destination.

"But true." Alex says, looking at me for further conformation. I don't meet his eyes.

"You know why I can't tell them, Alex." I say, still refusing to look at him, "It would ruin everything."

"Rena," He sighs, running a hand through his hair, "you know that I support your decisions, whatever they may be, but it's only a matter of time before they actually find out. So, before you decide to keep things a secret still, hell, even before you figure out your feelings.

I look at him for that one, an unspoken understanding between the glance.

"Just... think about it. Every possible scenario. How would it play out in the grand scheme of things? Who would get hurt?"

I look at him once more. The look in his eyes dares me to speak.

"He really cares that much?" Alex rolls his eyes with an annoyed yet amused smile.

"Did last night's squabble not convince you? God, Serena, for someone so smart, you can be really stupid." I look at him, a bit offended, but I take the hint.

"Reggie and I would never work." I shut it down.

"Neither would you and Levi." Alex chirps in, a knowing look on his face, "Listen, you don't need to work perfectly with anyone, that's part of the fire in the relationship. What you need is someone that'll stay for you, even when things aren't perfect."

"Your point?" I ask impatiently.

"My point," Alex quips, "is that relationships don't need to be like clockwork. You just need to see which one works better for you."

"What if none of them work well for me?" I look up at him, a questioning look on my face.

"Then I guess you're just destined to be alone forever." He shrugs and I shove him, us both laughing, "Obviously I'm joking, but you'll never know unless you give it a chance. And I know for a fact that one third of your love triangle hasn't been given a fair shot..."

I roll my eyes at his obvious antics, "You're biased."

He puts his hands in the air in surrender, "Maybe, but I'm definitely not wrong."

I'm about to respond, but then I realize that we are at our final destination.

"Well, as much as I would love to continue this brain melting conversation, we have some shopping to do." I put my hands up for quotes on the shopping, us both knowing that we won't actually be paying for anything that we leave with.

Alex laughs in disbelief, "Another heist, Rena? Who for, Hades?"

I laugh to myself as I head to the section that I need, discreetly opening my tote bag.

"Not exactly."

I put my hand on the item of my choosing giving Alex a look that signals him to stand in front and cover for me.

"Eggs?" He asks, confused, "We never have eggs. Well, besides-" 

His hand flies up to his mouth and he gasps in realization as I smirk at him.

I grab ten cartons of eggs and hastily shove them in my bag.

"Alex go stuff a carton of milk up your shirt, I'll be outside." I say as he looks at me with an odd expression.

"If I get caught, I'm exposing you." Alex says, laughing slightly.

"Well then it's a good thing you never get caught." I say teasingly, quickly walking out of the market and into a random alley.

It's quiet for a few seconds before I hear familiar laughter, coming from two teenage boys that I can't seem to get rid of.

The laughter gets louder over a small amount of time and soon I'm met with two familiar faces.

"Well if it isn't our infamous Serena Facilier." Zevon drags out with a sarcastic grin, jokingly elbowing Levi in the arm.

I roll my eyes in amusement, "Well hello to you too, Zevon." I say, stepping a bit closer to them, "You know, you have to stop harassing my friends, the little game we play around them gets tiring."

"All part of the job, Sunshine." Zevon winks, stepping back a bit.

I take this as an opportunity to shift my attention over to Levi, only to see that his was already on me.

He smirks, stepping close to me, "So, Taunt, what did we steal today?"

I look around in faux innocence, "Oh, you know, just some eggs..."

Levi's smirk drops, as does Zevon's grin as they both groan in annoyance.

"This year too?" Zevon whines, his shoulders sagging with his attitude.

"No but seriously, when is this stupid made up tradition gonna end?" Levi asks, having flashbacks to the last time this overlapped with our talking period.

"Sorry guys, but Kegs and Eggs is an annual thing until further notice." I shrug, grinning. My grin fades as I remember the 'anti-Kegs and Eggs' pact they have. "Please don't try to subtly interfere again this year, it really kills the buzz."

"Hold up," We hear from my side of the alley, we all look at each other when we figure out who it is.

Willie and Alex walk over to us, both of them settling behind me before Willie speaks up.

"The first time, it was the cops, not us." Willie corrects, a sickeningly sweet smile upon his lips.

"Uh, duh," Alex retorts, "We were thirteen."

"Wait, wait, wait," Levi laughs in disbelief, "You guys had access to alcohol that could get you blackout drunk at thirteen??"

"Well, we weren't the most respectable kids on the isle." I shrug at him, "Connections get you places. I have lots of people that owe me favors."

"You know tons about that, don't you, Vi?" Zevon says sarcastically, Alex and I stifling laughs as Levi's face turns pink and Willie looks at all of us with a confused expression.

"Wait, what?" Willie asks, looking at Alex and Zevon for help on the situation. "Are you guys talking again?"

"They're doing plenty more than just talking." Alex mumbles, Zevon discreetly dapping him up.

The silence said it all.

"You guys fucked?!?"

Or so we thought.

Willie's eyes are bulging out of their sockets, Alex and Zevon somehow made it over to each other and are struggling to stand up out of laughter, Levi's jaw is dropped to the ground, and I'm in a coughing fit from choking on my own spit.

"No!" Levi shouts, clearing his throat uncomfortably, "No, we uh, we didn't do... that."

"Do what?" Zevon manages to break through his laughter, letting go of Alex and standing on his own, "The devil's tango?"

"Get down and dirty?" Alex interrupts with a tease in his tone, Zevon dapping him up once again.

"Shut the fuck up." I say, scratching my neck in embarrassment as Levi snakes an arm around my waist sneakily.

Willie and I make eye contact, giving each other small smiles. It's been awhile since things were this simple between the five of us.

"I don't know about you guys," Willie starts, putting his arms around Zevon and Alex, him being in the middle, "but I've kinda missed this."

I swear I see a small blush creep it's way onto Alex's face.

"Yeah, me too." Alex says, looking at Willie and then at all of us.

"Things were so much simpler two years ago." Levi says, his eyes flashing to me before going back to the group.

"So is this," Zevon looks between Levi and I, "like, a thing now? Or?"

All eyes snap to us. We look at each other before I give Zevon a look.

"Um..." I trail off, not sure what to say as Alex's eyes settle on me.

"To be decided." Levi answers for me.

"Well," Alex breaks in, "as fun as this has been, we have some kegs to go fetch."

Levi retracts his arm and I move away, Alex and I together again.

"Oh yeah!" I remember something, my eyes snapping over to Zevon, "Does Kronk still give under-aged kids alcohol for cheap?"

"Uh, duh." Zevon starts grinning in pride, "Why do you think my place is the party house?"

I laugh at his antics and shake my head, "Bye Zevon, bye Tease." I bid them goodbye before looking at Willie, "You coming?" 

"Oh, yeah, sure." He says, walking over to Alex and I.

"Don't try and sabotage us!" Alex yells as we turn our backs to them and start walking out of the alley.

"No promises!" I hear Levi shout faintly as we make our way out and head to Kronk's.

I stop for a minute, pulling out my phone to text the core five group chat.

"What are you doing?" Willie asks, stopping in his tracks and walk back over to me, Alex following suit.

"Kegs and Eggs," I read aloud as I type, "need back up. Bring the van."

We all smirk at each other as I press send, continuing our journey to Kronk's mini bar as we walk and talk.

>>General<<

Though Willie, Alex and Serena are on a journey, Zevon and Levi are, too.

They were on their way to Yzma's, the two of them planning to hang out...

And maybe crash Kegs and Eggs.

"So..." Levi starts, looking ahead of him, not sure how to start a new conversation based on the last one that they'd previously shared with their old friends.

"So? That's it?" Zevon muses, looking at Levi in disbelief, "What the hell is up with you and Serena?"

"Listen, man, I don't even know if I'm being completely honest." Levi looks at his best friend, not knowing what else to say in his odd situation.

"You guys and your fucking family and relationship drama." Zevon says, a bit of laughter following, "It's like Romeo and fuckin' Juliet."

"You think I don't know that, dude?" Levi says, laughing along with him, "It's so fucking tiring too. I wish we could just... be normal."

"Don't say that shit at Willie's place, it'll trigger Jafar." Zevon jokes, "Give him war flash backs and shit."

"But, like, seriously speaking," Zevon starts, looking Levi in the eyes.

Levi cuts in, "You? Speaking seriously? You know how to do that?"

"Oh ha-ha, shut the fuck up." Zevon says sarcastically, shoving Levi jokingly, "But for real, if you really want her that bad, you gotta make sure to stick around this time. If the hook dude is really as bad as you say he is, then you've got a hell of a competition."

"Remember, he was there. Even when you weren't."

"Wow, Z. That was actually decent advice." Levi muses, "Coming from you at least."

"C'mon, you know I'm team Tease," Zevon says, putting a friendly arm around Levi's shoulder, "I'd choose you over that wannabe pirate any day."

"Hopefully Serena feels the same." Levi says, looking at Zevon before he feels a body bumping into him.

"Speaking of the motherfucker." Zevon says, looking at the building in front of them.

It was the core five's lair and they had a feeling that they weren't supposed to be there.

But what's a story without drama, am I right?

"Watch where you're fucking going asshole." Hayleigh says, looking around before her eyes settle on the familiar face that is Levi's.

"Wait a sec, I know who you are!" She says, grinning, "You're that smoke show that was causing all that havoc at Serena's yesterday."

Levi shrinks away from Zevon's arm and rubs his neck awkwardly, "Uh, yeah, that would be me."

"And I," Zevon says, picking up Hayleigh's hand and kissing it as Hayleigh hastily takes it away, "am Zevon. Zevon Capac."

"Oh! Serena told me about you," She makes a face, "she said you're a pain in the ass. She was right."

"Are you guys good friends? Has she mentioned anyone else?" Levi asks, quickly, making Zevon stifle a laugh.

"Smooth, dude."

"What's it to you lover boy? I'm no snitch." She smirks, grabbing a piece of her hair and twirling it between her fingers.

"Actually I-" Levi's interrupted by three fifths of the core five.

Luke is out first, walking side by side with Julie, Reggie a bit further behind them.

"Oh, fuck no." Luke says, about to walk back into the lair before being grabbed by Julie.

"Uh-uh, if I'm dealing with this, so are you." She says, her eyes leveling on Hayleigh, then Levi and Zevon with a bit of surprise.

"The fuck are they doing here?" Reggie asks in a low voice, catching up to them quickly.

"We're about to find out." Luke sighs, making it off the stairs and face to face with the unusual trio in front of them.

They all stand still for a moment, not knowing exactly what to say.

"Well if it isn't the famous three," Zevon starts, looking to Reggie, Luke and then Julie "pirate, shortbread, and lava girl."

Hayleigh gasps in amusement, "See, Lukey? It's not just me, everyone thinks you're short."

Luke rolls his eyes, already losing his patience, "Fuck off, Hayleigh."

"Not yet." She teases with a grin, biting her thumb.

"Serena isn't here." Reggie steps forward, a warning tone in his voice.

"What makes you think we were here for her?" Levi asks, a threatening undertone in his voice as he smirks in satisfaction at Reggie's reddening face. "Nah, I'm just teasing."

"How on brand for you." Reggie with a scowl retorts, a hint of disgust in his tone.

"Oh my nickname? Yeah, that's all thanks to Taunt." Levi's smirk only grows at the looks of confusion he gets from Julie, Reggie and Luke, "My mistake, I forgot that she's just Serena to you guys."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Julie asks, offended.

"God you're even slower than I thought," Hayleigh rolls her eyes, "it means you aren't in on the joke you dumb bitch."

"Didn't I tell you to fuck off?" Luke asks Hayleigh, putting a protective arm around Julie.

"Didn't I tell you that I don't take orders from short little bitches?" She retorts stepping towards them to establish dominance. Her eyes flicker to Julie, "Or their boyfriends?"

Zevon snorts and Levi slightly kicks his ankle, also trying not to laugh.

Julie breaks from Luke's hold and slaps Hayleigh hard, her hand stinging from the contact.

"Damn." Zevon mumbles in surprise.

Hayleigh quickly recovers and redeems herself with a right hook to Julie's jaw, Julie stumbling back into Luke who has to hold her back.

"Woah bro, control your friends." Levi says to Reggie, him wincing at the altercation that'd just went down.

"Why don't you just shut the fuck up?" Reggie asks sarcastically, annoyed with Levi's presence even more than before.

"Let me at her, Huntsmen." Julie says to Luke struggling in his hold as Hayleigh smirks teasing at her.

"Hear that, guard dog? She doesn't need you." Hayleigh says, pissed off, "Whatever, fuck this, fuck you guys." She flips Julie and Luke the bird as they both glare at her. "Bye other guys." She looks at Reggie, Zevon, and Levi as they all wave to her slightly.

Hayleigh walks off and Luke finally lets go of her, them both going to get the van from out back.

"Hey man, I'm gonna get a head start to my place," Zevon starts, looking at Levi, then at Reggie, "you finish whatever the fuck this is. Also, you're definitely screwed." He says, portaning to the previous conversation that Levi and him had shared.

"Later, Z." Levi says. 

Levi gives Reggie a once over after Zevon's gone, legitimately questioning how Flynn could pick the guy in front of him over himself.

"Listen, I don't know anything about your history with Serena or whatever the fuck you guys have going on," Reggie says, a pained tone in his voice, "but you can't just come up here causing problems."

"Hook, man, I wasn't trying to cause anything, if anything it was that chick fighting with your friend." Levi says, truthfully, "I barely know who the hell they are anyway, I've literally only talked to them yesterday and today."

"It's Reggie."

"Well then, Reggie," Levi grins wickedly, "expect to see me more often, kay?"

"Sure."

The van pulls up behind Reggie and Luke honks from the driver's seat.

"Make sure to tell your friends what I said." Levi winks, "And don't bother bringing Serena into this, she isn't a part of the little squabble we had today, is she?"

Without answering Reggie leaves Levi and goes to the van, watching out of the window as he sees Levi walking towards Yzma's house, contemplating the possible meanings of the words Levi left him with.

A/N

Kegs and Eggs next chapter for sure, this one was just too long for more. What are you guys thinking of the whole secret friend group? I'm kinda loving it, but im interested in your thoughts. And with that, so long my children, until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 216 38
"I thought I'd lost you..." "I thought of donuts..." ~ Y/N is a lost girl on the island, she lost her memory and bumped into Harry Hook. Harry and Gi...
171K 3.8K 40
Join Peter Pan's daughter in her adventures with the VKs to save Auradon from Maleficient/Audrey. Also in her adventures to find herself and her true...
45.1K 799 18
Six months after the VKs turned their backs on evil, bad things happen again. Mal goes back to the Isle and trouble appears when her friends try and...
58.7K 858 21
Y/n, a pirate looking for trouble and some fun. 17 years old and 17 years of trouble. Living on the isle of the lost while she sees all over the TVs...