THE CROWNED SHE

Від krustycaramel

"ONCE UPON A TIME!" Every princess story starts with a lie but mine starts with RULES! I break the rules and... Більше

PERSONS.
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN.
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN.
NINETEEN.
TWENTY.
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE.
TWENTY-FOUR.
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN.
TWENTY-EIGHT.
TWENTY-NINE.
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THIRTY-TWO

12 4 2
Від krustycaramel

2 YEARS LATER.

December 25, 1870.

Thebes, Sultan's Palace.

[LADY SULTAN]

Dear readers, 

"Merry, Christmas and happy new year in advance. If the princess was saddened and aggrieved on that Christmas, she was grieving and angry in spring when word filtered south Egypt but did not reach her ears that the prince had arrived from Europe and had not written to her, largely believed to have journeyed or sailed to England so he could continue with his Royal business. "Was she in love?" This author asked.  But a messenger travels from Ethiopia to Thebes to deliver his message to the princess. A sad one."

[DOOR OPENS]

[FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING]

The messenger went directly to Kleopatra, kneeling before her, he said.

"I bring ill tidings, your grace. The king and queen have been foully wrecked!"

[MAIDS GASP]

"Is this true!" I demanded.

"I fear so, Princess," He said.

"Who has done this?" I cried. "Americans?"

"A storm, your grace" Kleo sat back in tears, she waved him away in utter contempt.  She slammed her chamber door at the tragic news.  

The Princess was Keen to be silent all winter long after the tragic death of her parents, lords and ladies from different countries, close to the king and queen came to comfort and mourn with the Princesses.  I greeted the ladies and lords, Rashida and I both wearing black.

"I am sorry for the loss of your Parents, Duchess Rashida and princess Kleopatra," The Lady of Newcastle said. Rashida embraced me in return, she looked older than how she was the last time I had seen her.
     I looked out the window and hoped that life would lighten soon like the dawn. I wondered about my parents, I wondered if Rashida was still in grief. I turned from that thought, as it pained me. 

"Princess, your Bathe is ready." Miriam touched me drawing me from my thoughts. She noticed my silence and my tremble in the months the death of my parents was announced. She'd been serving me for many years and we'd grown close, so close like sisters and best friends. 

"Thank you, Miriam," I said, taking off my sleeved dress and stepping into the bath.

"Was your day stressful Princess?" She asked I nodded. After scrubbing my body and drying it, I stepped out of the bath.

Miriam said as she helped me into my nightgown. "You look so thin and malnourished, I do not want to lose you, please try to eat more."  I looked at her. "[SIGHS] Since the death of my parents I haven't thought about my health, Miriam, [INHALES] I will try." She smiles before tucking me to bed.

[LADY SULTAN]

          "Just after Two years, Princess Kleopatra, who had been unwell grew fainter and more ill. She was confined to her bed and her sister visited her daily, often. The Princess Ailment was caused due to the trauma the years had brought. The death of her parents, the prince rejecting their friendship publicly, All made her drained."
       The artisan, Eliott Bernard, was painting a set of portrait panels for the princess. The princess sat to have her face painted. For the first portrait, she was dressed in a rich black gown with the finest embroidery. It was laced with diamonds and puffs of burgundy roses. About her neck, she wore her mother's jewelled flower choker and pinned to her gown was a brooch feather designed. A few hours later, among the tang of linseed oil and buttery smears of paint, the Artisan left. "

"Kleo, you look dazzling in this dress..." Rashida commented as she walked into her sister's chamber in Hohenberg. 

"Thank you, Shida, How are your husband and the babe?" I asked looking around the exquisite design of the gigantic mahogany furnished room.

"He is all right, but my baby is sleeping, Caroline will bring her anytime soon." She smiled. Kleo forced a smile, still, the thought of being lonely in Thebes made her feel tense. 

"Are you well, Kleo? I can tell my maid to make you tea." Rashida said.

"[CLEARS THROAT] Oh, yes, I am well, I am just thinking of the lonely Palace." I smiled.

[SIGHS]

"You know Kleo, you do not have to stay there all by yourself, you can visit me anytime, my arms are open wide for you. " 

[SIGHS] "I know Shida but that's not the problem... Since Brother died, the workload hasn't been done, father was getting too weary to handle the words and frail to see the numbers..."

"[SIGHS] Hmmm, I know, so what's your point?" She asked me.  

"I don't know Shida, you are the first child now... The palace duties and throne cannot be left idled away, definitely, it has to be occupied by someone." I said standing up to look out the window. The sun was out and blinding through the glass.

"Hmmm, you have a point, but I don't know." Rashida hummed.

"Shida should we write to cousin Hussain? He can take over the throne and rule Egypt." I said walking away from the window, towards Shida, who was seated halfway in the chair. Her eyes thought for a moment before shooting me a glare and standing up to walk around the chair.

"You have no idea of who you are calling to rule our father's throne," She looked at me.   "Uhh, He is our cousin Shida, from our Father's side, truly he can rule a kingdom and besides he is a strong man of a youthful age," I said rolling my eyes.

"No! We will not write to him. He is our father's adversary. Father's brothers were against him taking the throne, they always wanted him to be a knight and I believe you wouldn't want that to take place again. Hussain will not just only rule Thebes but he will throw you off the Face of the earth." She looked serious. 

[SIGHS] "So what is going to be our next option ?" I said thinking for a while. 

"Uhmm,..." She thought.
"You!.... You Shida" I said pointing at her.

"What? Me what?" She asked looking straight at me in confusion.

"You will be the ruler of Thebes," I said smiling at my great choice.

"No! No Kleo, you know I cannot be the ruler of both Thebes and Hohenberg. I am the duchess of this land and also a wife and a mother. Those responsibilities are not enough? " I looked down at my riding boots. 

"[SIGHS] I am sorry Shida, that hadn't come to mind. But if you are not going to rule Thebes and our cousin wouldn't, then...[SIGHS] who would?" I asked looking at her.

"You! ...."  She said. "Me?" I asked.

"Yes you, Kleo, you are young, ambitious and fearless, those are the qualities of a ruler, I may not have it but you do. "

"But I am a lady, Shida and no lady has ever ruled Egypt." I cocked my head.

"Yes and so? You will be the first greatest and most memorable Lady to rule the kingdom.  You do not have to answer now but you can think upon it till whenever you are fine about it." She smiled. I sank into my seat, in thoughts, Six years ago, I had wished to rule this land like the way my father did but look at me now, running from the opportunity laid before my eyes.

[BABY CRYING]

"Awnnn, Little Nefertari is awake, how are you baby?" Rashida cooed her baby as the little babe's cry died down into giggles. I smiled at both my sister and the baby, I had never thought my sister was a baby type, she had once said she will wait for three years after her marriage before she bore a child but that's the past.

[BABY GIGGLING]

"She looks just like you and got the eyes of her father," I commented. 

"Yes she does, do you mind holding her, I would like to get her blanket." I take little Nefertari in my hands from Rashida. Nefertari giggled when she saw my brown eyes, I kissed her cheeks as she giggled into my chest. 

[RASHIDA CHUCKLING] "It reminds me of when mother gave me you to carry when she went for a walk with father. You couldn't stop burbling when I made funny faces, sometimes brother will scare you and you will run to me with tears in your eyes, I would laugh and beat brother...." She smiled as she recalled the memories. I chuckled looking at Nefertari as she looked at me quietly.

     Caroline, Nefertari's nurse walked in and took Nefertari from me before walking back to the nursery. Rashida linked her arm to mine before smiling. "Let's take a walk to town." I nodded and smiled.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

79.2K 3.9K 35
"'There are two types of fear. The type that controls you and the type that feeds your fire.' He stands. 'Don't let your fear control you, Ana. You a...
788 38 20
𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭 The Princess of Alladora. She is everything you'd expect a princess to be, kind, very knowledgeable and strong minded. Even...
974 78 23
Inara Graham lives in the Sun kingdom, where light never fades to dark, and shadows never dare flicker in the sun. Working as a maid in the Grand Hou...
5.7K 588 10
In the sacred books at the Library of Alexandria, it is said that history does not remembers blood, it remembers the names of men and women who fough...