[ Can I be happy? ]

נכתב על ידי BlueeBlob

'Without Mom, what really am I?' Izuku always asked himself hypothetically...now, his mother was really gone... עוד

Prologue [Edited]
Chapter 1- The Start...
Chapter 2- Home?
Chapter 3- ...Huh.
Chapter 4- Different.
Chapter 6- ...Oh.
Chapter 7- Yellow Smiling Thing.
Chapter 8- Ugly Tea Obsessed Rat.
Chapter 9- Blackmail!
Chapter 10- Who am I?
Chapter 11- Katsudon.
Chapter 12- Queen Barbie😼
Chapter 13- Aizawa's doom!
Chapter 14- Knowledge.
Chapter 15- Noodle Might!
Chapter 16- Brother.
Chapter 17- Scars
Chapter 18- Shoto Todoroki
Chapter 19- Unwell
G̷̬̲̫̘̋̓̐̋̾l̸̡̼͕̑͑̆̈́̇̕͜ì̴͓̇̅́̍͛t̸̛̲͕̰̣̥̄̂̍̉̐͐̉c̴̢̦̹̞̥̲̹͈͛̅͑̒͊͛h̷̝͖̞͚̰͒̐̋̍͋
Chapter 20- Brownies!
Chapter 21- Research
Chapter 22- Thorn.
Chapter 23- Candies [Edited]
Chapter 24- A bIRDiful distraction.
Chapter 25- Sleepover but not really‐
Chapter 26- Toffee and Kairi
Chapter 27- Memories
Chapter 28- A past tale.
Chapter 29- The end?
Chapter 30- 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥.
[ ᴇxᴛʀᴀ ]
[SEQUEL IS OUT!!]

Chapter 5- Problem Child.

2.8K 83 89
נכתב על ידי BlueeBlob

❝𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻.❞

[    C  A  N    I    B  E    H  A  P  P  Y  ?    ]

. . .

IZUKU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING,

What he did know, was that he was falling.

The floor of the pitch darkness, if it even existed, had disappeared, and he was falling—he didn't know why, he didn't know how.

The wind that came from who knows where had slapped his body as he fell, his building tears and lime hair flowed up as he fell into this endless blackhole.

His eyes burnt from the cold air as he squeezed them, but immediate regret came to him at the picture of his mother repeating in his mind.

He had failed to notice the fact that the black darkness had started to change into a blinding white as he fell, his mind still blank on the face his mother gave him before her dying moments,

. . .

'...Izuku...' Her voice was hoarse and quiet, the sound in the surrounding overlapped her voice and it was barely audible...but to the greenette boy, it was enough. He heard every single word like it would it be last.

Because it was.

'I'm sorry for being such a terrible mother, I'm sorry, Izuku...I...should've supported you from the beginning...that day, I shouldn't have held you, and cried...I shouldn't have...COUGH I–i...love you more than anything, my moon...' Tears fell and fell, the boy screamed at his mother, to stop talking, to save her energy, that she would make it, she had to make it! She...couldn't leave him...

'I...should have loved you more, Izuku...' Her words felt like the salt on the wound, but it stung not in the wound, but somewhere near his chest, it agonized him and felt crueler than the burning flames of a blaze.
...
'...I, am s–so proud of you, Izuku...you've...b–been so...strong......I don't regret giving birth to yo...you, I do–don't regret leaving them all for you...I regret nothing, d–dear...COUGH!' Izuku's fist shook in pain, his legs gave out long ago, and he now had crawled near his mother, trying to put pressure onto her wound, but the blood just wouldn't stop.

'Please grow up old for this...selfish m–mother of yours...I love you s‐so, SO much, Izuku...I'm d‐dying happy and proud...I am the proud mother of I–izuku Midoriya, so pl..ease, please just li...live for this sel‐selfish m...mother...Be hap..py, mo..–move on....' And with that, the hand Izuku held with oh so much desperation fell limp.

Midoriya Inko, was dead.

And her words were also dead, as Midoriya Izuku fell deaf to the words, only numbness consumed him as he stared at the lifeless body in his hands.

. . .

THUD!

The greenette didn't know how he survived falling for that long, what he did know was that he was somehow in some planet view of some sort. Everything...was exquisite.

There were more stars than there could ever be seen in Earth. The light pollution never really allowed too many stars to be seen.

Though the place was indeed beautiful, Izuku wasn't mainly focused on it. He was focused on the female greenette figure in front of him, her back was faced on Izuku, but Izuku knew with first glace who this was.

"M–mom..?" It was amusing, really. The fact that he could see the vast tear on her stomach, but it looked like it didn't affect her at all.

There were tiny golden wings attached to her back, and as much as Izuku knew, his mother most definitely did not have a wings quirk.

Izuku had quickly got off the floor he fell on, and looked at the lady in shock, "Izuku..." Her melodic voice ran in his head as tears fell cold on his face, and Izuku could see her face now.

Instead of her normal pretty green eyelashes, Izuku could see pretty golden eyelashes on his mother. But it didn't matter, because Izuku could recognize those gentle eyes anywhere. He could recognize that smile anywhere. He could recognize her anywhere.

Izuku didn't know if this was a gift, or an amusing play someone with an illusion quirk was doing, but he felt horror, happiness, confusion, joy, and anger at the same time.

And in the next blink of an eye, Izuku was hugging his mother, sobbing his eyes out while muttering under his breath.

He couldn't feel her warmth, he could only feel her ice-cold skin that felt burning, it only proved to him of the fact that his mother was still dead.

"M‐mom...you...you're still dead...why are you here?" He muttered shakenly, his hold on his mother still kept gentle. He wanted his mother to move on, to live peacefully in the afterlife if it even existed.

But he, himself, didn't know, that his unwillingness to let her go was keeping her at Earth. Until he himself is happy, the mother simply could not, and would not, leave Earth.

Inko could only look away at the words, she didn't want to let him know of the fact that she stayed for him...she knew that her son would only blame himself for the words.

Inko gentle cupped her son's cheeks, smiling at him sweetly. "Izuku," She mutter lowly, "Is that really what you say to me when I come visit?" She teased while changing the topic, smiling.

"I– No, mom– I–i..." Izuku narrowed his eyes on his mother, which she returned with only a small giggle.

"...You have to let me go, Izuku." Izuku could only freeze at the words, he...he didn't want to. He couldn't, no matter how hard he tried.

"You have to let me let you go..." Her muttered were blurred, her tears fell on Izuku as his hold only tightened. "I need you to do that for me...."

"It hurts so much, mom...I can't do that...I can't let go..." Tears spilt and spilt, an unbearable aching was in his chest and he felt tired. He felt so tired. He wanted to stop, to stop all of it, and rest. A moment of peace, a moment of fresh air, a moment of living!

"I know, darling...I know...it's so difficult..." Inko separated her embrace with Izuku while wiping her tears that were dropping nonstop, Izuku only letting go hesitantly after a tight hug.

"...You don't want to let go of everything that you've faced with me..." A Memory flooded Inko as she grimaced at her words, her tears dripping to the ground.

. . .

Inko posed into a dramatic falling stance, and Izuku was left dying of laugher on the floor. His laugh surrounded the room as he took pictures while still laughing,

his hands shook by the laughing and the picture was blurry, but Izuku had still kept it to the back of his mind to hang the picture at the fridge.

"Izuku~!" A figure loomed over him with a mischievous glint in her voice, and the greenette immediately stopped laughing, his face pale.

"WAIT, MOM! IM SORRJFNEWOCMKL—" And that was just how Izuku ended up in a dress, his face full of hideously done make up, and hair covered in cute clips.

. . .

"...but please..." Inko had almost begged, her eyes squinting of anguish. "...let me go." Izuku felt torn at the words, but stayed quiet, he knew that he had to let her go, he knew fully well...but it's easier said than done....and it hurts...it hurts so much.

"You're sinking with me...into this void of death..." She had started shaking, her wings facing down involuntarily. "You're sinking into these thoughts of what could've been...and what should be..." The mother had grimaced, almost as if she knew exactly as what her son was thinking.

"And, 'if only I did...' and—" Inko suddenly stopped, her eyes filled with horror at the memory as more tear fell down on her cheeks, her throat feeling tight.

She remembered. She remembered helplessly watching her son try to kill himself today. Not being able to do anything but watch as he barely escaped death's door. Oh, the relief she felt when the grey cloth had caught him barely before his body reached the ground.

Inko shut her mouth, not wanting his son to know of the fact that she knew what he had tried. She didn't want to raise his already very much of guilt he had.

Pulling him into her cold embrace again, she muttered to his ear, "It's not real...what's real is that I'm gone," Izuku sobbed at the brutal words that he was avoiding,

his eyes were wide and shaking and more tears fell his eyes. His mother didn't dare meet his figure while embracing him, scared that she would soften more seeing his in‐pain figure...he needed to know this, and she knew that very well.

But even if she didn't meet his eyes, she could feel him shaking under her embrace, his sobs being the only thing that entered her ears. "...and what's real is that you're hurting."

"I want you to be happy, Izuku." Ah...that strange foreign word that Izuku loathed yet longed for oh so much. "I know that there is happiness somewhere in the world for you, you just have to find it." Inko had confidently declared, a loving smile on her face.

"Embrace every moment. It will hurt, Izuku. It will hurt so much. But each day it will get easier, it will get lighter until it doesn't hurt anymore." Izuku took every word in, engraving them into his head, savouring these final moments.

"I believe in you, Izuku. And I am so proud...!" Inko reminded heartily. The mother gave a smile. Her tears had long dried and had dragged ugly lines over her cheeks, but she frankly could not care less.

Inko was aware that the best part of this would be leaving. Yes, it would hurt. Yes, she didn't want to. But leaving, leaving was a part of the love Inko gave. She didn't want to house her baby bird forever, she wanted him to grow beautiful strong wings and sore through the sky. And being able to let go, only proved how strong their relationship was, how much love they held for each other, being strong enough to let go.

"Izuku...I want you to grow old, follow your dreams, be happy, laugh at unfunny jokes, go shopping, run around, be free, don't blame yourself for my death. I know you will be just fine without me." Inko let out a bittersweet laugh, her throat gruff in pain.

"...M–...mom..." Izuku, who was silent the whole time, muttered out lowly, his voice broke. Izuku didn't say anything, but held shakily onto her hands, not trusting himself to talk without breaking down.

He held her freezing hands tightly,

...failing to notice his grasp slowly loosening, the figure he held slowly disappearing.

But unlike the taller greenette, the mother had noticed her state. 'Ah...it seems...it's time for me to go...'

"...From the bottom of my heart," Inko smiled, gently holding Izuku while her wings fluttered the slightest.

Izuku, now noticing the fading, panicked. A dread fell on his stomach, and his eyes widened.

"I love you, Izuku." And as those words were said, Inko had effusively vanished with a tender smile on her face.

Everything seemed to be blank for Izuku after that. His eyes focused on the hands that previously held his mother's hands, and a single tear seemed to escape his eyes with a smile.

How pathetic.

. . .

"MOM!"

And just like that, Izuku found himself in the very room he fainted at the Aizawa household. Sweat covered him, and his hair stuck to his skin for dear life.

Realizing where he was, his wide eyes seemed to calm down and dull yet again.

'Was that all...' He looked down to himself, '...a dream?'

Wiping his tears, he pursed his lips together.

"It can't be dream...it felt too real." Izuku muttered to himself, he wasn't the kind of person who would typically believe in dead people being able to come to their loved one's dreams. I mean, what kind of nonsense bullshit is that? And that was exactly why he wasn't going to tell anyone about this experience, because if somebody told him that their dead mother came to visit in their dreams, Izuku would most definitely not believe them, and look at them as if they're crazy.

'...mom...' Izuku's thought changed to negative, which he quickly took notice of, and shook his head,

Think positively! Negativity begone...!'  Izuku joked in his head, cringe humour was one of the only ways he knew to cope, he did survive through middle school with it.

. . .

{POV‒ Izuku}

'I've been really...rough on myself.'  Well, no shit self. I sigh at my thoughts and crawl out of bed.

It was freezing outside, and I was also freezing, so I wrapped my blanket around myself like a burrito. 'I really need to accept the fact that mom is dead...' I thought as I cuddle more into the blanket.

I walk outside the room quietly, and go towards what I think is the kitchen. I'm not too sure though, since I didn't get a tour from the zombie and his family.

Ah! It is the kitchen.

'I'm not the best at my own emotions...so I'll need help.' I stated the obvious in my mind while crouching down to a drawer, taking a cup out. I mean, it was true, I could find out information about someone with a glance, but with myself? Yea, no.

'Maybe Aizawa‒san?' He doesn't really seem to be good at emotions either, with that deadpan in his face, but of course I know he's good...ish at this stuff. I know my stuff, don't ask.

I fill the glass cup with water, 'I've never opened up to someone before...'

'Guess this will be my first time.' I gulped half the water down my throat in one go, but immediately grimaced at the ugly bitter taste in my mouth.

«Home is where the water doesn't taste weird. » This quote from the internet randomly came to mind as I kept the glass of water down. When I first saw it, I found it absolutely absurd, now look at me...Ah, how pathetic.

I snorted, how ironic.

'Well, if I don't have a home—then I'll have to make do with what I have.' I thought before hesitantly gulping the rest of the water down. The water tasted the slightly less bitter than before, how odd.

. . .

{POV‒ Narrator}

And with that in mind, Izuku turned around, and left.

Him left unknown to the two black eyes narrowing on his moves suspiciously.

The wall supported Aizawa as he narrowed his eyes on the leaving greenette.

'He looks like he had been crying...' It was quite obviously Izuku had been crying, seeing his puffy red eyes.

'But then again....' He tilted his head slightly upwards, closing one of his eyes, '...he seems happier?'

'Strange...' Pushing himself off the wall, the ravenette opened his eyes. 'Very strange.'

'I have to keep an eye on him...' Closing both of his eyes, he leaned on the walls once again and let out a sigh.

"I don't get paid enough for this...ugh." He said out loud, his head faced upwards.

"What a problem child you are..." The ravenette muttered under his breath, his curved-up lips going unnoticed by him himself.

...

2580 words.

Author Note:

MHA does not belong to me, I'm just babysitting it, and taught it a few things.
Like more trauma <3

AHH! I LOVE DADZAWA~ Dw, since they don't know each other that much, they won't be that close right now.

Also, I'm so sorry for the whole cringey humour thingy, I have really bad humour, unfortunately. I mean, I can see a kid falling and laugh without feeling guilty...I think I should get help...

If you have any cute scenario you want, comment it!

Also, Mamainko </3 ;(
I love her so much, its not even funny tbh... there will not be a single story I make where she's bad!

...

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

96.8K 3.5K 16
With nothing left to lose, one might say that killing oneself might be the best option, but what if that doesn't work? Izuku Midoriya, a seemingly qu...
120K 5.1K 25
Would you like to know your death day and the cause of death? If you would know it... What would you do? Would you try to save people and yourself o...
2M 73.2K 100
Everyone believes he is quirkless, but the truth is he has a quirk a very unique one. His parents hate him. His mother can't stand his quirk and thus...
45.2K 1.4K 22
Izuku used to be a happy kid, with loving parents. But, that all came crashing down when his mom died... His father abused him over every little thin...