We Come So Far

By LovingSoul89

My final wattpad work is an original work based on ITV soap Barrister Babu, some tracks rewritten by me with... More

Prologue
Introduction to the Characters
Red- A Pious Beginning
All that what it is
Multitasking- I
Multitasking- II
An Initiative
Sailing through the valleys
No Regrets with Walnut Kheer
Stormy weather & The Stranger
Problems and Solutions❤
A Strife Before Fest
Mystical❤White Deadlock
Dilemmas & Triumph🫶
Differentiation & Integration🥰
Serendipity🌈☀
Subdue Unforeseen Cracks😶
Delectable healing

Pleasing Camaraderie😍

752 51 10
By LovingSoul89

Bondita's POV

Hey look who is here in the prarthna sabha!! shouted Nishikanto pointing towards me.

Batuk (turning him roughly by shoulder) - So? So what Nishi? Why have you started to bully my boudi again?

Nishikanto (jerking off batuk's hands) - leave me Batuk. Don't you dare..... if you are so worried for your boudi, then why don't you ask her to stay at home?

Youuuuuuuu!!!!! Batuk tried to punch him in response but "no....no...Batuk calm down relax" I stopped him.

Batuk (frowning in shock) - Bondita??? You are stopping me? Don't you understand boudi this boy intends to creates a scene of you again?

"I know Batuk.....But isn't this happening since the last three days with me? It's not Nishikanto's fault Batuk, this thought has been instilled in his mind by this society where we grow up." I tried convincing Batuk.

Ashutosh sir (huffing angrily at our back) - "Ei....ki hochhe taki ekhane? Tui abar eshe chis meye? (What all is this going on here? You have come again girl?)

Sir, I am doing good now....I assured you yesterday of any untoward possibilities so relax Bondita I
is additionally careful from today." I answered smiling.

Ashutosh sir (smirking)- I see....you will not understand this easily!! Fine then....if you want to attend the class then you will have to sit on the floor and clean it after dispersal. And right now you go to the corner and stand at the end of column.

Drawing a deep sigh I did not protest much. I nodedd in agreement waiting for right time and did what he commanded as of now.

After class dispersed....

"Ei Pawan!!! You leave...I'll do there" I requested Pawan to leave the class.

Pawan - Na bondu Ami porishkar korchi eidik ta (No I am cleaning over here) you handle that side only.

"No Pawan....it's already late....you leave. Its 2:30 now. " I requested him again.

Pawan - I know right. But, you are cleaning over there, so I thought to help you out. Besides, you look so tired Bondu. Do not compromise with your health.

"Oh my friend...Thanks for the concern....." I answered with a chuckle.

Pawan (with a humble smile) - Its my pleasure Bondu. No need to say thanks. You always keep me updated with the on going lessons in the class when I miss it out due to ill health at times.

"Pawan....." I went near him with moist eyes " can you please help me with one final thing....it is tricky....But I need your urgent help tomorrow. "

Pawan - Han bol na....

"Pawan, you need to help me tomorrow in managing the situation at that ground near our school."

Pawan nodedd slowly in confusion and I told him the plan.

Pawan - han bujhlam....(yes understood)

"So you go now, prepare for tomorrow.....and do bring them too" I requested

Pawan - you don't worry bondu....but only one thing I am worried of.

I frowned....

Pawan - what about the villagers? What about daroga babu? You know how Sarpanch kaka is?

"Yes I know....But we have to get it done....now you leave....I'll wrap this up and leave quickly." drawing a deep sigh of weariness, I snatched away the broom and cloth from his hand and directed him to go away finally.

Pawan smiled, bidding off and left taking his bag.

"ppphhheeeww O ma' skipped of my lips as I finally got outside after cleaning the class and downstairs corridor.

"Ei Bonduuuuu......" Pawan called aloud stopping me as I looked behind with surprise.

"Hey!! You still here? Why? Baari jaash ni ekhono? (Why didn't you go home till now?)

Pawan (casual tone) - Na chol sathe jabo... (no let's go together)

"What if we enact a play also? People here love jaatras you know" Pawan suggested.

"Hey....good idea Pawan...But....within such a short time, how will I arrange? If uncle comes to know!! Pati Babu too gets tired after returning from court .....I don't want to disturb him more. I will not have time to prepare 're. Today Sampurna Didi and myself have to quickly get it done by the time kakasosurmoshai and shoshur moshai returns"

Pawan - Arey tui chinta koris na....myself and Gokul will manage it.

"But, guys you are taking such a big risk. Be careful. Don't do if you sense any danger." I warned.

Pawan - Come on....bondu....if your plan works....other girls like my sisters would also benefit from it. Besides, what happened with you is just not acceptable. Women like joyanti kaaki also need a lesson.

Ok Pawan.....chol see you tomorrow....thanks for coming up till here....tor Baari toh eidik theke oolto raasta tey (your home is in the opposite direction) ja ebar (go now)

Pawan (nervously) - Han Han...jachhi....(yes going) actually I am also a bit nervous Bondu. If they dont agree....what will you do...Worried of....

"They will not disagree....i assure you....Bas....Bas hoi che pala ebar...(it's over now come on run) " I hastily assured him

"Tata bondu...sabdhane korish ja korish....ashi tahole (Be careful in whatever you do)" Pawan left finally

"Ei boudiiiii, why did that guy come here? Why did you allow him?" Batuk sprang from behind as soon as I kept my bag on the couch.

"Hhhhuufff Batuk....what the....I almost got an attack." I slapped him in arms slightly out of frustration.

Batuk (putting his fists on his waust ends, with awry eyes) - And what about you preparing to give an attack to my Dada?

"Ei Batuk chup kor (Shut up)....don't you dare speak a word as such against Pati Babu. Aren't you ashamed he is your Dada?" I glowered at him with throat getting constricted listening to his unnecessary words.

Batuk - Arey.....ei ei relax....boudi....why do you get serious so easily? I was just joking.

"Joking!!" I scowled angrily "nothing hilarious of it."

Batuk (apologetic tone, touching his ears) - achha baba....sorry. Ne kaan dhorlam (see I am holding my ears) will do sit ups too.

I turned my face away, folding my hands across, frowning at him angrily blowing my cheeks; still not convinced to forgive him.

"Bonditaaaaa.....ei Bonditaaaaa" jerked me Sampurna didi from my back.

"Ei didi....you came? When did you come? How many did you prepare? Does anyone know at your home that...." I fired a series of questions as soon as she approached me.

Sampurna - I came 1 hour back....But why are you late today? You asked me to come early and you reach now!! And why haven't you changed? Ei Batuk why are you doing these sit ups?

Batuk (with lowered face, slowly) - What can I do Didi? Your sister is making me do this. I have been waiting with an empty growling stomach to have lunch with her, and as soon as she entered, sprang upon me from behind to tease me and I fell down. But on the contrary instead of apologizing, she charged me in turn for the same....now she is punishing me. What else can I do didi, apart from obeying my eldest sister in law?

I kept staring at him with shocked expression as I never saw an unmatched personality like him in the skill of lying.

Sampurna (widening eyes) - Bondita?? Is this how you behave with your brother on law? Is this what Sumati pishi taught you to do?

"Ei didi....chol toh ekhan theke (let's go from here) we can't waste time, as it is I am late due to my sick teachers first, then that Pawan too ate my head and now this big fat liar." grabbing my sister's hand I dragged her to my isolation room, and shut the door half open.

Sampurna - Ok....bol ebar....keno eto deri holo tor? (Speak now, why are you so late?)

I narrated the entire day's occurrences watching her eyes turn teary.

"Alright didi...I see you have prepared quite a lot many. Now let's go." I held her hand to start the most crucial work.

"Ei dara...(hey wait)" Sampurna didi held my hand back. "Come here, let me feed you first. We'll set out with our task then."

"But......didi....we are already late. I'll have food later. We have to finish this before kaka...." cut me a piece of chapati in the middle of my sentence
going inside my mouth before I could finish.

Sampurna (smiling with moist eyes) - why don't you rest your mouth for a minute Bondita?

"Didi....I...it will take time so I thought to have later on....what do you think will they agree so easily?" I spoke while chewing.

Sampurna (breaking another piece of chapati) - You first complete your lunch peacefully, don't think about all that. Call Batuk. He too did not havd lunch right he was saying? Will feed you both.

"Arey didi....tui o kaar kotha chinta korchis!! (Whose words are you even holding on to!!) " I slapped my forehead lightly "He already had his lunch didi. Do you think that hungry elephant will wait for someone?"

Sampurna (irked face, feeding her)- Ei Bondita!! I warned you already isn't it? You should not tease your brother in law like that...so what if he is of your age?

"Achha sorry!! Forget it. We shall first go to Jyotsna kaaki's home, then move towards Sarpanch Kaka's home....what say?" I enquired inquisitively.

Sampurna didi (glaring out of surpris) - What???

"Yes didi....what's there to get so shocked about? I already told you" I asked frowning.

Sampurna didi (feeding me, nervously) - So what? You are saying Bondita!! Yes....you did assure me. I know. But, it's very critical task. My chest is heaving with fear Bondita. I don't think they'll agree at all.

"Didi...." I held her shoulder lovingly "Relax didi....I'll talk to them calmly. I know it's difficult. But my Pati Babu says Mishtiiiiiii keep trying untill you succeed in achieving your goal Bondita and that nothing is impossible if we work towards it with complete dedication" I enacted him getting up instantly.

"I see....." came a loud throaty voice jerking me to my core as I bit my tongue out of embarrassment and stood intact, my face going white.

Anirudh (nodding head slowly, crossing his arms, narrowing his eyes) - I see, Bondita....what you have actually learnt and what you skillfully imply when I am not around.

"I too observe Pati Babu....what you always imply skilfully whenever I am talking to someone in my privacy" I asserted slowly crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at him.

Anirudh (fake anger, pinching my cheeks slightly) - Bonditaaaaa.....what do you mean?

Sampurna Didi (looking away, hurriedly getting up) - Ei Bondita ami bairey achi. Eshe jaash (I am outside, come over)

Anirudh (smiling) - Ei Sampurna you stay I am leaving. However, what she said is absolutely true. You should focus on giving your best without worrying too much. I am perfectly sure Mishti will handle it all effortlessly. If you both need my help, I'll come with you all.

"Ei na na.....you don't need to come." I answered under alarm. " You just returned now....take rest....or else (murmuring) things might go complicated more than what is expected."

Anirudh (bending down slightly) - kichu bolle Mishti?

"No...nothing Didi chol" I hurriedly grabbed didi's wrist to leave.

Anirudh (hurriedly) - Ei wait wait....Finish your food.
take these items first.

"Ye...s...I...'ll.. have....it" I stammered gulping down in nervousness, fearing any further curiosity to accompany us.

Anirudh (commanding tone) - sit Bondita.....let me feed you.

I obeyed as Sampurna Didi left my room to my confusion. "Why did she tightly shut her eyelids and left biting her Saree end god knows...she at times behaves so weird"

Pati babu (eating the last piece of chapati from me) - Bondita first you go to Sarpanch's home, Purnima kaaki is a humble woman, she'll help you for sure.....but still be careful with her. Sarpanch kaka is out of station. She too is conservative and orthodox and my heart does come out thinking how she will treat you, yet She is not like Jyotsna kaaki at least.

"Uuuff Pati Babu.....you please relax....Sarpanch kaka is not at home is the reason what simplifies my task." I answered with a chuckle. "But, Pati Babu....how are you home so soon?"

Pati babu (signalling me to feed him the curry) - The client did not attend his hearing. So the judge postponed it to next week.

"Alright....I am a bit nervous though Pati Babu... I hope I succeed in my plan....Dugga ma" I shuddered as I spoke

Pati babu (getting up, clutching my hands) - Bondita....I trust you completely. I know all will go as per you designed.

"Bonditaaaa chol deri hocche ebar (come it's getting too late now) I need to return early or else Surmayi shashuri ma you know, she'll come after us" Sampurna Didi called from outside.

"Hhhmmm....aschi (coming)" I answered, arranging the things in my bag.

Sampurna Didi peeked inside to check my progress.

Pati babu ( helping me to arrange the things)- Atleast change your school uniform.

"I'll do and then leave...." I nodedd obediently.

Pati Babu (palming my cheeks, pecking on my forehead endearingly) - All the best Bondita. My blessings are always with you.

I straightened up after touching his feet, feeling abliss by my second teacher's precious blessings.

"Ki holo didi? Chol (What happened, let's go)" coming out of the room, I asked getting confused with Didi turned back at me fidgeting her Saree end with lowered head.

Sampurna (stammering)- Bon....Bondita.....

"Hhhmmm ki???" I frowned at her.

Sampurna (giggling) - Tor bor tokey koto bhalo bashe re (your husband loves you so much)

"Han....Toh!! I know that already" I answered in a casual tone, my mind more occupied with the thought of next activities.

Sampurna (passing away giggling)- Toh kichu na chol....

Author's POV

"Knock.....knock....Astey paari (may we come in) ?" Bondita seeked permission to enter earnestly.

Sampurna - No Bondita.....you can't go inside. It's better if we call her outside. The entire Tulsipur knows by now you are on your periods. So...I don't think we should press them with this.

"You are right didi" I nodedd thoughtfully.

"Ei k re? (Who is it)" Purnima kaaki called back from inside.

"Kaakiiiiiiii it's us Sampurna Didi & Bondita" I answered

Purnima kaaki - Choto Jomidaarni....suddenly? Why are you roaming outside? And why did you come to my home?

Sampurna Didi- Kaaki please open the door. We will not come inside. Just few minutes. We have come to invite you.

Purnima (happily) - Oh wow!! Sampurna....congratulations. just a moment I am opening the door.

"Ei didi....why is kaaki congratulating you?" Bondita asked her didi getting more confused.

Sampurna - Arey kichu na....chup thak (hey no...nothing, you keep quiet) She is coming, I think there's some misconception she has. I'll talk to her.

Bondita nodedd

Purnima kaaki (opening the door) - Ei je Sampurna....I am so happy for you. But why did you come to invite us yourself and that too with this impure girl? One of your mother-in-law should have come with your husband to invite us.

Bondita - Kaaki? You say I am impure because I am on my months isn't it?

Purnima - Ar na toh ki? (Yes what else) And jomidaarni if you know this then why did you come here with your expecting sister? You both should have stayed inside. Don't you both know this simple instruction...

"Expecting???? What expecting" Bondita asserted scratching my forehead.

Sampurna didi (interrupting) - We know kaaki. But what you are mistaken kaaki. I am not expecting. We both are here to invite you to the ground infront of the school. Bondita is on her periods and wants to share some crucial information regarding mensturation to all the women of our village there. That information will surely benefit them in managing themselves and their daughters in future. You are Sarpanch Kaaka's wife and have a certain reputation amongst local women here. So we need your help to convince all of them.

Purnima - Information??? On mensturation?? Event?? What are you talking of? I can understand nothing. It's mensturation that we all women already know of Sampurna. What's new to know of it. Besides, I am stunned to see this young Jomidaarni has the audacity not only to roam outside but also spread her impurity at her neighbour's home. What Jomidaarni? Don't you feel you are crossing your limits now? I heard you are still going to school, studying with porpurush in this condition; And now what is crucial to know about this topic? We all are women and whatever we know about it is enough for us and our daughters too. Sorry Sampurna neither will I allow nor shall I help you both in manipulating women of our village.

Bondita - Not manipulation kaaki....misconception and false assumptions that I think needs to be cleared right away....or else women of our country can never move towards progress and stay behind as we have always had.

"Bondita is right Kaaki" a familiar voice came from my back to my surprise.

Anirudh - Sorry Mishti.... I couldn't stay at home. I knew this would happen. Kaaki will not agree.

"But Pati Babu....I told you to stay at home and take rest isn't it? You just returned from court" Bondita tried convincing him to leave.

Anirudh - Relax Mishti....I will not do anything. You will talk to her and do what you have planned. I'll just ensure you succeed and leave from here.

"That's great Pati Babu....I have to go to the market too...So we'll go together after this." Bondita nodedd agreeably.

"Baah...baah!!!" Purnima kaaki clapped taking a jibe "Open public display of affection infront of elders...amazing. Zamindar babu....I know you are raised up at overseas. So, getting your wife educated in school was still understood.....but atleast show some decency in speaking to your wife."

Anirudh (with shocked expression) - What display? What decency have we broken?

"Addressing your wife as sweetheart infront of an elder and she talking of going to market with you alone....."Purnima kaaki started "are some kind of conversation to be spoken amongst spouses in privacy. But, considering your background you must be used to it Zamindar Babu...I am sure boro jomidaar babu will agree with me for sure."

Anirudh - Is talking of going to market with her family member is a sign of indecency you mean kaaki?

Purnima kaaki (raising up her eyebrows) - Why not?

Sampurna didi- Ei je apnara dujone thaamun (Hey....both of you please stop) we both came here for a cause kaaki and I am getting late too. Just have a 2 more hours with me and leave to attend home.

"Yes kaaki.....Please listen to us. I assure you once you listen to me....you'll surely understand my intentions. You too have a daughter isn't It? If it benefits her, then why not apply it for her welfare? If you dont feel its effective, then we'll accept your wish" Bondita quickly jumped in to stop the feud from progressing further.

Purnima kaaki- Fine. Proceed.

"Alright Kaaki" Bondita chuckled looking at Didi and Pati Babu " So kaaki, we are here to invite you on a small event at our nearby ground outside our school campus. I know kaaki....the topic that I selected to speak upon, is a delicate and critical topic...but"

Purnima kaaki (interrupting with fuming eyes) - So if you know then why to....

Sampurna (pacifying her) - Kaaki....first listen to Bondita....then you decide.

"So kaaki....why to be shy of talking about such a critical condition of women? It's not a curse kaaki. Just think for once....can a girl become a woman without undergoing this process? Doesn't Dugga ma mensturate on Ambuwaachi?"

Purnima kaaki went into deep thought.

Bondita - Kaaki....I understand that the blood which is released during this process.....is impure. But, without casting off this impure blood, a woman's body will never acquire potential to give birth to a new life. Just think rationally for once kaaki, if a left over food decays and is not worth eating, then what so you do with it?

Purnima kaaki - Throw it away or use it as manure.

Bondita (clasping her palm) - That's what Kaaki. We cannot consume decayed food as it may cause food poisoning and apparently turn out to be a threat to our body. Thus, we use it for decomposition of soil. Now, say if due to a certain internal process, blood needs to be released as a wastage, then what is better for the body to do? Cast it off? Or retain it inside the body?

Purnima kaaki (instantly) - cast it off

Anirudh (with a happy chuckle ,clapping) - Bravo kaaki!!! Bravo.

All the three women looked up with surprise at him.

Anirudh (nervously stammering)- I mean to say.....well done Bondita....you explained it easily. Even I couldn't have explained so well .

Bondita - Na bor babu.....don't you remember? When you were teaching me and my heera mandi friends 2 months back, you taught us about decomposition of solid food waste. Therefore, I just drew the example from that instance now.

Anirudh (palming her cheeks) - Bravo Bondita!! I am proud of you. This is what I expected from you.

Ahem...Ahem....Purnima and Sampurna coughed together turning away their faces out of embarrassment.

Purnima (murmuring) - Haye Dugga ma!! the children of this generation have gone so shameless, that not even for a moment do they hesitate in displaying their affection in public.

Bondita (scrunching her eyebrows quickly, as Anirudh released her cheeks) - Kaaki did you say something?

Purnima kaaki (trying to divert her topic) - Barbo Barbo (mispell of it in bangla means - serve serve) what?? Ookil babu? Are you hungry? Shall I serve (barbo) you rice?

Sampurna - Na na Bondita....kichu Na. You just take out and show what we brought for her and her daughter.

Bondita took out handwoven sanitary napkins from her jute bag.

Anirudh (taking it from her) - Look here Kaaki.....please see. How I made this for Bondita. It's just a sample. Take it.

Purnima kaaki (staring at him) - You....you....being a male.... made this feminine product for your wife?

Anirudh (hesitating) - Yes Kaaki I made this for Bondita.....and you can keep it for yourself now. Bondita and Sampurna has prepared more such samples, that she wants to teach all the women of this village tomorrow and provide some more additional information about this natural internal process.

Purnima (with glistening eyes) - Bondita.....eidikey shono Bouma (listen to me)

Bondita moved forward slowly nervously.

Purnima stood up and brought Bondita's forehead to her lips and kissed her lovingly.

"Heereyr tukro bor pey cho Bouma....shukhe theko....sabdhane rekho nijer bor k kache (you got a husband like a piece of diamond Bouma, stay happy always, keep him carefully to yourself) Purnima kaaki blessed her endearingly

Bondita - That I know kaaki, koeli didi also tells the same. My Pati Babu reminds me of my baba, he was also quite liberal with my ma.

Both chuckled happily looking at each other.

Purnima kaaki - Ei...ei...what kind of thing are you saying Bouma? How can you compare your husband with your father? Hhhaaww? Ookil (Lawyer) babu....nijer bou k kichu bolun? (Say something to your wife)

Sampurna - Kaaki please....leave them. You know isn't it they are a unique couple of our village. Right now, will you come with us to convince Jyotsna kaaki and other women to attend the event tomorrow?

Purnima kaaki (worried) - But, Bouma....if your kaaka comes to know? He is not in village but in case he comes to know of it, then nobody can save us from his fury. Remember that.

Bondita (asserting quickly) - But kaaki the event is only for an hour at 11 AM tomorrow and kaka will return by evening isn't it?

Purnima kaaki (raising her eyebrows) - You stay updated with all news isn't it? I see. Smart

Bondita (crossing her arms and giggling) - That Bondita always was.

After an hour, on way to return .....

Bondita (in a wearisome voice) - ppphheeewww......it was so difficult to convince the women Sampurna Didi.

Sampurna - haan dekh na....nobody was ready to open the door itself. Just did away with window conversation.
These people are just not interested to change 're. It's easy to awaken a sleeping person from his sleep but A person who is deliberately acting to sleep.....cannot be waken up that easily.

Bondita - Hhhmmm....Didi.....but you don't worry. Slow but steady wins the race is what Pati Babu says. I swear didi.....Tomorrow will be the morning of a new transformation.

Sampurna (smiling) - I trust you Bondita....But now if I don't reach home, then Surmayi maa will transform your Jamai babu's wife with some one else.

Concluding this both started laughing.

Bondita (gasping) - It's fine didi....and Purnima kaaki would not come to your rescue then. She was Dugga ma's angel today. Acted as a shield when Nilima kaaki tried to insult me, you saw! Thank god!! I sent away Pati Babu early from mid of the road itself or else he would file a case against her tomorrow for sure.

Sampurna (laughing) - Yes...yes that would have surely happened. Kaaki is like a coconut. Hard from outside but soft and pious inside. Accha chol ebar ashi tui o ja (fine then....I'll take your leave, you too go now)

Bondita (clasping her wrist) - Arey 1 moment....listen let's hurry to cosmetic shop first...I asked Pati Babu to wait there for me. You can depart from there.

Bondita dragged her sister's wrist again as the latter left with her unwillingly.

At the cosmetics shop...

Kaka....kaka....Pati babu eschilo ki? (Did Pati Babu come) Bondita asked aloud from outside "I had asked him to wait here"

Shopkeeper - Yes, yes jomidaarni..He was here 15 mins ago. But Bihari, your house servant came and took him.

Bondita (slapping her forehead) - Dhatt!! Dugga ma....I had to purchase some aalta and sindur for Dugga ma, lakshmi ma, Radha rani for upcoming janmashtami fest. I don't have sufficient money now. Dhatt!!

Sampurna - Ei Bondita.....I'll buy them for you. Don't worry; and how many times shall I remind you that you are in your periods. You can't touch or even buy things for worshipping purpose.

Bondita- Uuufff didi....Dugga ma is also ma....she will not mind. She'll pacify other devis too.

Sampurna - No you stay here. I'll buy it for you. Now I don't want the shopkeeper kaaka to throw you out for arguing.

Bondita (Drawing a sigh) - Fine didi....ja tui kiney aye amar jonne (go inside and buy it for me)

Sampurna goes inside to buy

"Arey Bondita......tui ekhane ki korchis? Kaaj hoi giyche? (What are you doing here? Task is over?)" Pawan asked her from back

Bondita (surprised) - Arey Pawan you? What are you doing here? It's a ladies cosmetic shop.

Pawan (glaring on being teased) - So what? I came here with my sister. She is inside buying a few things for her and...

Bondita - Ok...ok...I got it. Yes, our task is done. Purnima kaaki helped us a lot to convince all others to attend our tomorrow's event.

Pawan (in an articulate tone) - wow!!! That's great to hear.

"Ayi Dada....chol hoi geche (come let's go, it's over) Shilpi called Pawan.

Pawan (introducing her to Bondita) - Bondu....meet my sister Shilpi....

Bondita (raising her palms to shake hands) - It's a pleasure to meet you Shilpi....Pawan always keeps talking about his sisters. But, I never got an opportunity to meet any of you.

Shilpi (joyfully) - Delighted to meet you Bondita....You are the first girl of Tulsipur to attend school with boys. Actually I stay in Kolkata with our father. I study there at Hindu school for girls.

Bondita- wow....that's amazing Shilpi...Pawan your father is quite progressive like my Pati Babu. He got your sisters educated.

Pawan chuckled happily approving her praise for his father.

Shilpi (taking out a nail paint bottle) - Dada also keeps talking of you to us as well. It's good to see that girls like you have commenced a new step towards education for our gender despite such stringent restrictions in this village. Now, look here Bondita. I got this.

Bondita (frowning in confusion) - What is this small shishi (bottle)? Red colour aalta it appears to me. But why so different? Red but not aalta!! How?

Shilpi - This is called Nail Polish.

Bondita (stammering) - Na...il...paa...liii....sshh. Nail paalish

Shilpi (giggling) - Arey baba you say
Nokh Paalish that's fine too. We paint our nails with the colour. Our nails appear pretty.

Bondita - Oh!! I see...I never saw or heard of this thing before. Actually I use aalta for the same.

Shilpi- Yes that I can see. But, nail polish appears more pretty.

Pawan - Bondu....why don't you try this? Your nails look beautiful in aalta as well but I believe it would look prettier in Red nail polish or may be pink too.

A tinge of light blush emerged suddenly on Bondita's cheeks hearing the compliment that appeared something new to her ears, an unexplored impulse before.

Pawan - Alright Bondu...Now I shall leave. Bye....Bye Bondu. See you tomorrow at the ground.

Bondita (nodding and slowly smiling) - Sure...bring Shilpi and your other sisters too.

The siblings left bidding off to Bondita as she stood there gazing at him happily.

Sampurna (coming out) - Ei Bondita....cho hoi geche (come let's go...it's done). I got them for you, some for myself too. Bondita....ei Bondita (jerking her)

"Ha...ha...let's go didi...I need to prepare thoroughly for tomorrow. So did you get the red and pink nail polish for me?" Bondita asked recollecting herself.

Sampurna (a little shocked) - But Bondita you asked me to get aalta and sindur only. What's that thing pardon? You didn't tell me to buy.

Bondita (slapping her forehead)- Boka (stupid) Bondita....You give me some money. Wait here 1 moment I'll just come.

"Kaaka....please give me a red and pink Nokh Paalish shishi..." Bondita requested the shopkeeper from outside to which the latter politely obliged.

Sampurna (reaching the mansion gate) - Ki holo (What happened) why did you go silent suddenly Bondita? And what is this that you suddenly felt like buying?

Bondita- Hey nothing....That's a cosmetic. My friend's sister met me outside the shop and complimented me for having pretty nails. She recommended me to buy it. So I got. If you want you can keep one, once I try both on my nails first.

Sampurna- Fine.... that I understood but....

Bondita- No but anymore. Go home...I'll too leave now. Kaka shoshurmoshai might have reached by now. I have to prepare tea for him and coffee for Pati Babu. He must be waiting for me in his study. Kaka might be furious if he has any idea of my whereabouts. You too leave or else your mother in law will transform my Jamai babu's wife with some one else.

Sampurna - Dhatt dushtu Bondita.....Bye...take care of yourself

Both bid goodbye to each other and Bondita went home.

**********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.5K 3.1K 18
This novella is basically a fanfiction on the show, Barrister Babu. It is based on the current track when Bondita was forced to go through a "shudhik...
9.7K 1K 17
Hello all, This story is a fanfiction based on the show Barrister Babu. Currently, the last track of this show is going on which focuses on Batuk Ro...
31.8K 3.8K 44
Hello everyone this is another story of anidita which is related to her bother life. "apne mere sath aisa kyo kiya sakha Babu! Maine kabhi nahi soch...
4.6K 282 15
Toh jab Bhi koi track Aata Tha barrister Babu main toh Mera overthinking mind uski story bna deta Hai so I am writing OS TS SS of barrister Babu I h...