Greetings Comrades in Japan

By Batrix2070

The Japanese relocated to the New World are joined a few months later by another country. A country that has... More

Prologue
Expected Contact
Training and Solutions
Siege of Altaras
Report and Potop
Silence before?
Liberation is Coming
War and Politics are the same thing
Fall of Capital
A desperace struggle for peace
Are gods among us?
The End is near
Last Fight
Shadow from the west.
Church, energy and cars
Conspiracy of the true father of the nation.
Fiedland, doesn't it sound familiar?
Plan, behind the plan
Two Eagles
Two Dragons
Expanding the Fleet
Great Power Conference

Out of the sky motherfuckers

291 10 0
By Batrix2070

War, war,
What kind of a lady are you
That they follow you, that the painted boys follow you?
That they follow you, that painted boys follow you? - A fragment of a Polish military song Wojenko Wojenko

Skies over the Empire of Parpaldia
14 March 1975 P.C/ 1640 C.C.Y
5:48

20 Polish An-26 transport planes, carrying parachutists from 6th Pomeranian Airborne Division, pierced the calm night sky.

They flew high, but slowly lowered the ceiling in order to safely drop the parachutists to the ground. Each of the planes carried a total of 30 paratroopers together with first supplies that were to last them until the arrival of the next wave at dawn.

In the first wave a total of 600 soldiers were to land around the Parpaldian capital. And on that day a total of 2600 paratroopers were to fall to the ground. Of course, due to the lack of solid airfields, they could not be supported by the heavy equipment available to the divisions. Another thing was that the aerial bombardment that had been going on since December of the previous year had destroyed all the places where the Parpaldi land dragons could be and had been seen in the area.

If anything, there was a Su-7 Regiment waiting at Altaras airfield, assigned to support the paratroopers. Returning to the An-26s, they flew high above the clouds to hide their flight from the enemy, their speed at the time of the landing being so low that there was a risk of interception by enemy vivos, or at least their fastest type. The commanders preferred to be cautious and assume that the Parpaldians had managed to hide them somewhere to try and intercept the unknown planes.

So far, the only planes that flew bombing raids were jets. The Il-28 showed its advantages and disadvantages and after reverse engineering it began to be produced by PZL for use by the air force. Additionally, a heavier version carrying more bombs began to be developed. The reason for this is the problem with starting production of the Su-20, the Su-7 was considered obsolete for production and too weak unlike the Su-20 and their role is easily filled by the Il-28.

The paratroopers themselves were nervous, after all, it was their first serious action, yes, a landing in a country with weaker technology, but one with numbers, if something went wrong, they would be flooded with bodies, literally. Two battalions were to land and the whole operation was to be commanded by Colonel Maciej Szałanski from 10th Battalion, the second battalion was 16th Battalion commanded by Major Włodzimierz Bielski.

"Repeating for the last time for your memory." Said Lieutenant Wolski loudly to his men from his Platoon from the 16th Battalion. The soldiers looked at their Lieutenant waiting to see what he would say. "We will be as you know dropped north of their capital Esthirant near a village called Torunt. Our job is to occupy that village and cut off the town from the bombed out fortress and the road north of the capital. Remember the terrain will be hilly and will be divided by forests around the fields." Wolski said.

He then waited a moment to give the soldiers time to understand. As he was about to continue one of the soldiers asked, "And where is the 10th Battalion landing?" Wolski looked at him and replied "I didn't allow you to ask questions Private Stanowski. I was just about to tell you what to do next." Stanowski's face reddened with embarrassment but fortunately the lieutenant did not pursue the subject.

"Before Stanowski interrupted me, I wanted to say that there are two ways into the city." The soldiers burst out laughing "We are taking the northern one cutting off the city from the northern fortress reinforcements while the 10th Battalion is taking the northeastern one. As you have seen on the maps, this creates a situation where it is impossible to take the city on the march because it is in a difficult terrain to attack. They are protected from the south by the mountains and the sea, while roads from the other directions lead north."

The soldiers nodded calmly that they understood, "That's why we're hitting the places where these roads connect to the national road network. Expect that the enemy will seek to retake this area and quickly." Said Wolski firmly and then looking everyone in the eye he said "That's why he expects you not to be killed like the last idiot by a guy in a colored jacket with an old but dangerous musket" He put special emphasis on the word dangerous Lieutenant.

"Or by some hyperactive peasant with a pitchfork. Is that clear?" Wolski said with particular concern. The soldiers answered quickly and loudly "Yes Lieutenant!" Wolski satisfied smiled at them then checked the time. Then he approached the person in charge of the airdrop, "We already have 5 minutes until the jump Bąk is the equipment ready or should I have someone check it again?" He asked Bittern just to be sure.

Red-haired Bittern replied, "I checked it just now while you were telling the guys the mission guidelines, everything is fine. Nothing is going to crash manager." Wolski didn't say Bąk's optimism. "You better hope so Bittern because if you don't I'm going to get you and skin you for this! I don't feel like suffering my boys dying because some airman fucked everything up."

Bąk raised his hands in a gesture of surrender "Relax manager, we are professionals, none of us will fuck it up" Wolski rolled his eyes "Professionals you say Bąk?" he shook his head "I already know professionals in this country, and the higher and redder the better". Bąk snorted with laughter "Comrade you're looting, oh you're looting." Bąk said to Wolski.

Wolski waved his hand at him, causing a further burst of laughter. The transfer caused a wave of change in the People's Republic of Poland, the emphasis on communism and socialism and atheism weakened quite a bit for the Poles of course. Why? Well, not to provoke Poles to revolt. The authorities could not count on the loyalty of ordinary Poles and were simply afraid that if the only reason for their legitimacy disappeared, the Poles would overthrow them by force.

Of course they were right, in the first weeks after the transfer many Poles in conversations among themselves asked themselves why they should continue to listen to them when they could get rid of them. That is why the ruling party after the initial total control of everything made further concessions, of course it set the border but moved it significantly for the Poles.

However, this is still a totalitarian state, which makes people disappear for too much leaning on the authority, but this is totalitarianism in the Polish style, it is impossible to rule the Poles by force, especially when the main advantage of communists, the USSR just disappeared. Of course, the People's Republic of Poland was already the gate to the West in the Eastern Bloc, also called the happiest camp in the Soviet barracks, because of the freedom of the Eastern Bloc.

Fortunately, the biggest help came from the unexpected side for the Polish communists, namely the transfer. Earlier Poland was a poor and insignificant vassal state, where people wanted to have Western prosperity at home. Now, apart from Japan, PRL is the West! And even greater than Japan, because, well, it comes from Europe?

While Polishness gained a lot of popularity in Japan, Japaneseness was less popular in Poland, yes, some new martial arts academies from Japan appeared, and Japanese food streamed into the People's Republic of Poland, but Japanese pop culture simply turned out to be too foreign to Poles. They were more accepting of the western elements that came with Japan, but many Poles were discouraged by what they sometimes brought, so the PRL censorship office had relatively few problems with controlling the content from Japan.

The Poles themselves were unwilling to get to know it, they wanted western prosperity but not in a Japanese style. Another thing is that the average Pole is now one of the richest people in the world. Of course it is not about money, there has always been money, there was just a shortage of goods you could buy! And many other things were behind the barrier of familiarity or long expected queues.

An unexpected side effect of colliding with Japanese pop-culture was an impulse to develop their own, of course state-run, but relatively free for Poles, and also the popularity of Japanese martial arts caused the reaction of the party in seeking their Polish counterparts. Therefore, already supported by the PZPR, Polish schools of martial arts gained additional funding to spread it around the world.

A certain symbol of this was the duel between the Polish sabre champion Tadeusz Zawadzki and the Japanese kendo master Osamu Saito. It was broadcast on television in both countries as a part of Polish-Japanese athletic tournament. The fight itself was very close and eventually ended up in victory for the Pole, but only by a hair's breadth from defeat.

Of course, both men became friends afterwards and their friendship became a cornerstone of sports cooperation between both countries.

Back to the substance. The paratroopers started to get impatient in the last minutes until the drop. Fortunately, the non-commissioned officers effectively kept the soldiers in check so that their impatience did not end in some disaster during the landing.

Suddenly, Bąk got the information that they were over the drop zone and switched on the green light inside the An-26. First went the equipment and then the paratroopers. "See you down there!" Shouted one of the soldiers to the rest before jumping out with his parachute. "No madness!" Shouted the Lieutenant making the paratroopers laugh.

Bit just shook his head with a smile "As always manager, they'll never change" Wolski turned and raised an eyebrow "Well that's good, at least they're not afraid to jump straight into the maw" Bit nodded "Alright Wojtek keep it down and I hope you have something to tell your grandchildren when you get back!" Said Bąk shaking Wolski's hand firmly.

Wolski in turn smiled "First let my kids grow up so I can tell them stories" Then he walked up the ramp and jumped off along with the company command section.

"Good luck Wojtek, something tells me you'll find this useful" Said Bąk to himself before he closed the ramp. Then all of the An-26s in the formation began to re-center and turn back towards Altaras. Meanwhile, the jumpers began to slowly open their parachutes surrounded by the darkness and gloom that obscured them from the enemy. Of course as an elite unit they had night vision.

What the commanders had feared - a bad landing causing the soldiers to break something - did not happen today and each of the paratroopers landed around the village of Torunt. They intended to surround the village and quietly get rid of the guards stationed in the local watchtower. And here luck didn't leave them either, the posted sentries were sleeping, of course because their enemy couldn't appear on their backs from the air right?

The soldiers didn't even have to kill them, they easily knocked down every sentry guarding the village and tied them up with ropes stolen from the barns and then in the guardhouse itself they did the same to the soldiers sleeping in their beds. The most cautious was with the place where the magic communication devices were, there the three soldiers assigned to operate them did not sleep exceptionally but instead watched a movie on the magic TV.

"Comrade Lieutenant, I report that there are three awake soldiers in their radio station, what should we do?" Reported Corporal Janukowicz to Lt. After they found them. "What are they busy with?" Wolski asked squinting behind his night vision device. "They're watching some movie on a weak TV Comrade," Yanukovich replied calmly but quietly.

Wolski thought for a moment before saying, "I guess the TV is drowning out our movements right?" The corporal nodded in agreement. "So you put a bayonet on your weapon and you're going to storm inside and surprise them with your bayonets. You can kill them if you can't get them to surrender or try to warn the rest but we have orders that say you should take them alive" Wolski replied calmly after some thought.

"Tak jest!" Said the Corporal saluting and then walked off to the men in the guardhouse. He then turned to another Corporal named Wise "Comrade Corporal Mądry take your men and bring the village headman" Wise saluted quickly and moved into the village looking for the headman.

Two hours later

By 8 a.m. the two remaining battalions of paratroopers and support battalions had landed. The second village, Tyront, was as secure without a fight as the first, Torunt. Both villages were not too far away as they were separated by 10 Km, unfortunately they were separated by a large and sizable forest making land transport difficult as the only way to transport reinforcements was by air.

Fortunately the sappers quickly prepared helicopter landing pads for the transport of reinforcements. Now they were waiting for them to arrive from ORP Hołd Ruski the next day. In the meantime, the civilians from both villages were looking anxiously at the invaders who had appeared from nowhere on their territory. The soldiers, because of the language barrier, did not fraternize with them.

Of course, a safe zone was set up in the villages, where they were supposed to hide when the shooting started.

Brigadier General Marian Zdrzałka was observing a map of the area in his command headquarters which was not far east of the village of Torunt. He and his staff planned the defense of the area that had been captured too easily. According to what had been learnt from the captured liaison officers they were to report at 8 am to a large corps hidden by magic north of the Capital. And also to the capital itself, where supposedly was stationed a larger group of soldiers.

The Poles avoided unnecessary bombardment of the Parpaldia cities, not wanting to alienate the citizens too much, does not mean that the Capital avoided them. Bombs fell on government buildings in the city and on factories and manufactories. Any defensive buildings like the fortress north of the capital were also targets.

Zdrzałka looked with concern at the projected ratio of his forces to the enemy, worse yet he had to hold out like this for two days. Yes, the firepower of his forces is enormous, but they are only a paratroopers division, not a mechanized one! And they have to deal with two corps of the enemy army at once. Fortunately, the enemy doesn't know of their presence but they are inexorably approaching the moment they are detected by the enemy and then. Well then they will have a hard time sitting under siege from two sides.

The General emerged from his tent and ordered to be taken to the fortifications under construction around the village. Quickly a GAZ-69 was brought to the general and they quickly set off with a rush to the fortifications under construction.

While the general was driving to the defensive positions around the village of Torunt, Lieutenant Wolski was discussing through an interpreter with the mayor of the village about where the civilians should hide and not accost the soldiers. The headman was particularly afraid of what they would do to them. "And if you jump what will happen to us?" Asked the frightened headman. Wolski shook his head at this.

"As I told you before nothing will happen. No one will literally have a hair fall from their head." The headman looked at him a little strangely wondering what the hair falling was all about. "So you're not going to do anything to anyone? You won't take anything by force?" Wolski slowly and carefully nodded to him as the translator translated what the headman had said.

"No raping, no looting, at most we will ask you for food if need be but I don't think so." He said to the headman. The headman didn't believe it too much after all he knew that every barbarian does that. Not that Parpaldia exaggeratedly stood out on the plus side on this subject. Fortunately he only nodded at this he asked, "So we are not to leave the village until they have completed their task?" Wolski once again that day in conversation with the chief said "Tak" The chief quickly caught the meaning of the word therefore he did not need to be explained what it meant.

The headman slightly more pleased nodded with satisfaction and then left to gather and inform the villagers about it.

"It's annoying when you have to explain something obvious" Wolski said to himself. Private Stanowski who was the translator said "Well, no offense Lieutenant but these are savages from the pseudo 19th century. Besides us and Japan, the rest of the countries are just a shithole in this zone of, I guess civilization?" Wolski nodded slightly in agreement "You're right Private."

Road north of Torunt village
9:00

Damn idiots, now they're in for a joke, huh? We are at war, damn it! Gaius, the commander of a cavalry squadron sent to check on the village, thought. He was extremely unhappy about the fact that the sentries from the local outpost did not speak. On such outposts depended, if it was possible to evacuate factories and towns in time, before Polish bombers, which almost every day were flying over Parpaldia from Altaras spreading terror and destruction.

These bombings were the impulse for the rapid development of camouflage magic and also for the search for ways to place factories underground or to move them out of the range of bombers. The IL-28s themselves became known in Parpaldia as Death Thunders from the sound their engines made. Moreover, they always flew in huge formations at great speed, making them impossible to shoot down.

Gaius had the opportunity to see the effects of these bombardments many times, including the burning of Duro when the Poles attacked from the air for the first time. For many people it was frightening and they asked themselves why they were doing it or couldn't they just invade? What they didn't know was that the Poles were simply waiting for good weather to land and were increasing their forces to be able to hit them effectively.

The entire armed forces, despite the Kaiser's speeches, were simply in a bad state of morale. Of course they wanted revenge but many were afraid of what the Polish forces would throw at them.

The constant air raids on their territory were simply killing them and their air force could do nothing about it. After wiping out many armies and bases, they began to scatter and hide in the woods like rats.

And also use magic previously reserved for superpowers. They were humiliated all the time and the public support for the war was melting very fast. It had only been 3 months since the start of the war and they had not won once. Defeat after defeat, and constant bombing of the south of the empire. And in the northern territories things slowly started to go crazy and a lot of forces had to be allocated to the emerging rebel forces which got a new wind in their sails.

All the time they were being weakened by the enemy from afar and apart from enemy planes they never saw him once in sight. Their fleet, on the other hand, was being massacred from the air and only hiding them in various ports reduced the scale of their losses.

Fortunately the magic of camouflage was quite effective in hiding, this does not mean 100%, rather about half of it, which caused that if possible soldiers hid among civilians to take advantage of the fact that Poles rarely destroyed whole towns. And they are not interested in rural areas.

"Hurry the hell up we have to be there yesterday!" Shouted Gaius to his subordinates, then they rushed to the village. About two three kilometers into the village they suddenly heard a gunshot and Gaius fell off his horse dead. Terrified, the soldiers began to search for the source of the shot, but more bullets struck down the cavalrymen.

The operator of the magic communicator, as if guided by a premonition, quickly pulled it out and began to report. "This is Corporal Decim, unknown enemy is firing at us, our commander is dead, need..." A bullet from the SWD pierced his forehead and killed him before he could finish. The rest of the cavalrymen started to run away, but the Polish sharpshooters gave them no chance.

Only one of the entire cavalry squadron managed to escape from bullets. The rest either died or fell off their horses and were dying, or were unconscious. The surviving cavalryman rushing at a gallop, flew as fast as he could to the rest of the hidden corps to warn them of the unseen enemies. "Oh Gods, I must make it in time quickly before the rest are ambushed when they try to send another squadron!" Shouted the rider aloud.

Meanwhile, paratroopers approached the wounded cavalrymen. The squad leader ordered them to quickly check who was alive and treat their wounds, then take them to where the rest of the prisoners were. "You're not going to take me alive you gray monsters" shouted one of the wounded aloud in Parpaldzku to the paratroopers who wore uniforms just the color gray or at least looking that way through their camouflage.

"What the fuck is he doing in his own way?" Said one of the paratroopers. His colleague shrugged his shoulders "He's talking in some pseudo-language but I can't fucking understand him" The corporal quickly responded "Less bullshit both of you, get rid of his sword before he swats us with it." The soldiers reacted quickly and used the AKMS flask to knock the sword out of the cavalryman's hand.

The orderly then took care of the wounded man, although it took one of the soldiers to keep his aim on the wounded man at all times to prevent him from threatening the orderly. Very quickly they were disarmed and taken to a prisoner of war camp. Fortunately, they did not draw their pistols due to the shock.

Meanwhile, the commander of the northern corps of the Parpaldian army, General Augustus, after the broken transmission put his forces on alert and sent two Cavalry Regiments to scout ahead to the villages of Torunt and Tyront.

People's Republic of Poland
At the same time
Department I of MSW

Brigadier General Joseph Osiek enjoyed reading the reports on Operation Dark Cherry. The purpose of the operation was simple, to undermine Japan's position in the eyes of the rest of the world. It is not too difficult even though it is against the treaty with Japan forbidding such actions. Unfortunately for the Japanese, Poles are smarter than they think and the services of PRL are not known for sticking to international agreements.

The first stage of the plan is already in progress and achieves very good results. Especially among Mu elites. The general smiled at this. He had had the opportunity to be in Japan before the transfer and was pleased to say that the future Japan was worse in terms of protection from Communist intelligence than the Cold War Japan. "They have much to learn from our Japanese Comrades. The times of peace are over!" He said maliciously to himself.

The focus on People's China and their dog North Korea and getting used to modern methods of attack has created a correspondingly large gap to which Japan was blind and the transfer has resulted in reduced vigilance against the world and the PRL at that. In turn, the PRL wants this to stay as long as possible.

The idea of planting a friend of the Chinese who had a chance to see with his own eyes what the Japanese were doing in China as a guide for the Mu delegation at the PZL factory was brilliant in its simplicity and effectiveness. If ever Japanese intelligence checked this guide, they would never find any connection with the intelligence of the People's Republic of Poland, because there is no such connection! Later, a special theater was made for the delegation in Mu. Fortunately, they couldn't tell the difference between Japanese and Vietnamese, right? All they had to do was disguise them and there they were, disrespecting Japanese tourists!

He then pulled out documents showing the planned Operation Uderzający Grom, the purpose of which was to "recover" a Polish anti-aircraft missile launcher bought by Japan in 2014. They bought it for testing but didn't return it to Poland, fortunately for the People's Republic. Japan bought quite a few missiles for it for testing and didn't use them up and the kit itself lies forgotten in a warehouse somewhere.

Why does PRL want to "get it back"? Simple, it is a polonized, better version of the good old Arrow-2 that the PRL manufactures. Obtaining it should give more efficiency to Polish soldiers in case of war with Japan. Oh exactly, war with Japan spends sleepless nights to the Polish specialists, atomic weapon yes equalizes the chances, but with atomic you won't win with Japan, if you have no range on her and your army yields to her.

Therefore the intelligence received a new main task, to steal as much as possible from Japan to increase the strength of Polish army or at least give an insight, what Japan possesses in order to neutralize it. The secondary task is to sabotage Japan, that is, to spread the truth about what Japan did in the past or other attacks on its infrastructure, such as support for radical anti-Japanese groups.

These anti-Japanese are useful idiots, thought Osiek, giggling at the stupidity of these people who allow themselves to be used by the People's Republic of Poland. Of course they do not realize who is supporting them, but their anti-Japanese attitude gives a lot of leeway to Polish intelligence, and gives another ace up their sleeve in case of war with Japan.

The reading of the reports was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come in!" Osiek said and through the door came intelligence colonel Jan Kowalski. True to his name which is used as a template for the painfully typical average Pole, Kowalski literally looks like a typical Pole and only the uniform he now wears gives away that he is an intelligence agent.

"Comrade General, I bring new news about the Czerwonej Rewolucji" Kowalski said in a very average tone and voice. Osiek looked at him, despite the passage of years he was still amazed at how close Kowalski was to the ideal of a spy, he was so average and bland that it was really hard to remember him let alone connect him with anything related to intelligence.

"Put this report on the table, Comrade Kowalski" Kowalski nodded and put down the operational folder. Osiek took it in his hand and opened it and began to read, after a moment he stopped and looked at Kowalski "Do you have anything to say comrade?"

Kowalski nodded and said "Yes comrade" Then in a hushed tone he added "I inform you that the Czarna lista has been completed, and the Czarnobyl operation has just begun". Osiek in spirit smiled "Keep informing me about everything comrade, the future of Poland depends on the success of these two operations!"

Kowalski nodded then left the room, it did not escape him that Osiek had said Poland without the adjective folk. Kowalski laughed in his spirit at this statement, agreeing with his boss, all for Poland, because there were no more Soviets to protect their asses from the people's anger, right?

Empire of Parpaldia
Trenches to the East of the village of Tyront
15:55

Once again Parpaldia artillery shells flew over the heads of the defending paratroopers. To be followed immediately by the defenders' mortars in their direction, silencing one of the enemy batteries. The paratroopers themselves exchanged fire with the enemy infantry, pinning many of them to the ground with the fire of their machine guns and automatic rifles.

From time to time the enemy would fire a salvo in their direction, but generally the lead bullets bounced off their helmets with surprising frequency. The enemy was in no way prepared for such a slaughter which the Polish infantrymen were putting on for them. After the first shots the initial waves started to run away in panic when whole ranks were falling like flies from the fire of the sharpshooters.

Then it only got worse for them, when the next waves of the corpses reached 200 meters from the trenches, the action was joined by the regular riflemen with their AKMs and RPKs, which was the weapon for the support riflemen in the team. The staccato of the paratroopers' automatic weapons spread through the area, soon to be joined by the moans of the killed and wounded.

Only the great mass of soldiers and the resulting psychology made Parpaldia attack the Poles, otherwise they would have fled long ago like those who survived from the reconnaissance by cavalry before the arrival of the main forces.

Needless to say that the whole foreground of the trenches slowly began to look like the moon? A moon on which lay hundreds if not thousands of dead enemy soldiers who were also torn apart by either mortar or infantry grenades.

"Target infantry column 600 meters. Angle 48 degrees" Said the observer to the mortar operator. The man followed the instructions. "Fragmentation grenade load!" The operator loaded and the shell fired towards another column of infantry massacring it to pieces and spraying with blood those who were next to it and had the misfortune to survive the explosion.

The moans of shock and the wounded mixed together and drowned out for a moment the sounds of weapons and shouts of battle and orders. The paramedics, who anyway had their work cut out for them, had to start running again for the wounded, as well as ordinary soldiers who, not knowing what to do, started helping them take them away. Polish snipers did not shoot at them, because it was a waste of ammunition and there was no sense in pissing off Parpaldians more than necessary. There was also some mercy, but it was more a matter of practical sense and so they were already afraid of them, killing those running for the wounded and the quality itself seemed out of place.

Colonel Szałanski looked at the state of the battlefield with satisfaction. The Parpaldians had not come anywhere close to breaking through the first line for hours and their losses were enormous. Unfortunately there was also bitterness, ammunition supplies were melting at a fast pace and the number of wounded was slowly increasing, enemy salvos did hit from time to time but the main problem was their battle wizards and artillery. Even the fact that they had half an airborne regiment at their command did not help in effectively knocking down the enemy.

Of course it was expected that the ammunition would disappear quickly, but not at such a rate! And unfortunately the enemy is a whole heap, yes they are a division and therefore have much more supplies but damn it they are fighting a whole corps. All complaints and requests were sent to General Zdrzałka and he sent them to the General Staff. The HQ replied that they would increase the number of transport planes available but could not divert more air support because it was focused on bombing any other dangerous positions, which means, with all due respect, fuck you, you have to hold out until support arrives with what you have.

Zdrzałka did hide his displeasure, but his officers knew perfectly well what their general was thinking about. The first serious combat action and the General Staff doesn't give a damn about the fact that 2600 men have to fight off a much more numerous enemy, yes the enemy is primitive but their command and the speed of their learning is not. Very quickly they began to disperse their men to avoid annihilation of whole columns and the enemy artillery quickly learned that it must move in order not to be destroyed.

Someone suggested using their armored cars in the raid, but it was decided not to risk them and rather focus on rapid advances with their use in a close quarters situation or to hit-and-run tactics, although in this case it is a murderous hit.

But the most feared were the land-based dragons, so they waited with any strikes until tomorrow, when the Mi-2s were to arrive from the carriers. Polish helicopters should easily exert the appropriate psychological pressure on the enemy, thanks to their armament. You will ask why they did not come alone from Altaras? Well, they have such a range under one condition, when they attach additional fuel tanks, but at the cost of additional armament, and anyway they do not sweat too much, considering that it is at the border of their operational range with the additional tanks.

That's why the raid would be several times as long and very solid, so the enemy would remember it and engrave it in their memory once and for all. Nobody messes with Poland and comes out unscathed.

It was as if the announcement of the nightmare to come was a salvo from the paratroopers' mortars which hit the enemy regiment, literally tearing it to pieces.

Entrelazon Sea
About halfway to Parpaldia
15 March 1975 P.C/C.C.Y
3:56

Vice Admiral Ludwik Janczyszyn did not sleep that night, it was to be a great day and test for the Polish Navy. It was to annihilate what was left of the enemy fleet and help in the naval invasion. And he, a simple peasant son from Podole, a former Soviet partisan and infantryman from the 1st Army of the Polish Army was to do it, this is the reason why the commander of the entire navy is leading the invasion, after all he was to go down in history as the first Polish Admiral leading a naval invasion!

He felt proud to be the one to lead it, but he was not stupid, his parents had driven peasant reasoning into his head and it was only because of it that he got this far. The enemy may be primitive and not a threat to his ships but they are not stupid and what is worse they are so desperate that they are willing to do anything to make him lose even one ship with his army.

That's why he couldn't sleep, he didn't want to be the one to get beaten by some primitives! That would be the end of his career, that's why he did everything he could to make it happen, even if it would slow down the offensive, let's be honest, the distance between Altaras and Parpaldia is tiny, smaller than from Gdansk to Szczecin! So it is a little strange that the sea invasion took place the day after the airborne landing.

The reason for this was simply to drive the enemy out to the open sea with airplanes so that they could sink enemy ships. All day yesterday his submarines were on the hunt and they had at least 200 enemy ships! Thanks to this, he had also collected the enemy in a specific place so that today he could easily protect his landing ships and sink enemy ships. He did not have the luxury of a large and modern fleet like Japan, just 4 large ships which were destroyers from different eras. Two squadrons of small patrol ships and three ships that are helicopter carriers that are fast converted bulk carriers.

Literally a collection of everything that could be gathered and without jeopardizing the sea borders to launch an invasion, it is one thing to build a new division and another to build a new fleet, especially in the navy, which hardly anyone cared about.

The Vice Admiral looked north from the bridge of his flagship ORP Konstytucja 3 Maja and breathed in the cold sea air, waiting for the morning of the next day and what the day would bring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 115 17
(Note: This will be another one of those "Shipboy" stories combined with "Fictional Ships" type things) For the Ambitious Polish Navy. 'He' is the mi...
21.7K 728 16
At the zenith of British Imperialism, the sun never set on the empire that ruled over 300 million people across the globe. But one fateful day, befor...
154K 3.9K 54
Amidst escalating Chinese aggression in the Pacific, Japan and the United States maintained their strong alliance, fully aware of the looming possibi...
14.5K 373 12
In 2023, an ordinary day on earth. Suddenly, the light covering the planet has opened a new era for the people of the globe, it seems that they will...