The Royal Series : Book 1

By petra71120

yghjooojihu More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 15

12 0 0
By petra71120

After the interview, we stepped out to get changed for our engagement shoot. We wanted something classy. We chose one of Arthur's best photographers for the job. We were taken the pictures at the Buckingham Palace gardens.

After the pictures in this outfit, we changed into something more casual.

It was majorly a day of interviews and engagement photoshoots. At the end of it all, we were drained. I just wanted to go home.

"Stay at the Palace tonight." Arthur said as he wrapped his arms around my waist to stop me from leaving.

"I can't. I have to go, you know that."

"Then let me come home with you."

"You need to stay here. You have that meeting with your dad." He shook his head in protest.

"I don't want you to go."

"It's just for a few hours. I'll be back in the morning." He was particularly clingy tonight.

"You know that they want to rush the wedding. It's in five months Victoria, I want to spend all the time with you before the media takes you away from me." I placed my hand on his cheek.

"You'll always have me. Always. I love you. You know that right?" He nodded slowly as he leaned into my palm.

"I know, and I love you too. Just always remember that." I felt uneasy leaving him, but I couldn't stay.

When I got home, I saw a note from George, asking me to come see him when I got back, so I just went straight to his place. It was a mess, and he was right in the middle, trying to clean up.

"What the hell happened in here?" I asked as I dropped my bag on the table.

 "Well, it started with just me and the girls, but the girls invited some friends, who came with their friends and..."

"I get it. And, I got your note, what's up?"

"Well, I was wondering if you would let the group throw you and Arthur an engagement party."

"That's sweet George. Arthur and I haven't even thought about that."

"Is that a yes?"

"It is. Just let me know what you want from us."

"Ok. Now, you've had a long day, can't wait to see the interview by the way. Go get some rest." I walked into his kitchen and grabbed a trash bag, then I joined him in the sitting area.

"I'll take care of the bottles and cups. Better get scrubbing, else your rug will smell like alcohol." He smiled and passed me an empty bottle.

"Thank you."

I didn't expect that I would come home and help George clean up his apartment, but it just happened. We spent hours cleaning up, and when we were done, we went back to my place so he could sober up. I made him a cup of tea, and sat down with him in the kitchen.

"Are you scared?" I looked up from my phone to see him staring at me.

"Of what?"

"Everything. You don't know how the British people will react when that interview airs tomorrow. What if they hate you? They'll tear you apart."

"But, what if they love me? Look, George, I'm not marrying them, I'm marrying Arthur."

"But..."

"I think it's amazing that you're worried about me, but I'm fine. No matter what happens."

"And if you're not?"

"Then I'll let you know."

We talked and talked until we couldn't talk anymore. I woke up to this incessant knocking on the door. I got up from the floor, ignoring the back ache I felt, while carefully avoiding George's sleeping body. 

"Who's there?" I asked as I leaned on the door. I was tired and probably hungover.

"Baby? It's Arthur, open up." I opened the door and stepped aside so he could come in. "I've been knocking for over ten minutes, where were you?"

"Are you shouting? Cause it feels like you are."

"No, Toria, I'm not shouting." He took my apartment in and turned to me. "But I can see why you would think that. Why is my fiancée drunk by 9am on a Monday? Why is my best friend laying on her floor passed out? And why aren't you dressed?"

"One thing at a time Arthur. I'm not drunk. I'm mildly hungover. George isn't passed out, he's asleep. I placed a sleeping pill in his tea last night. And I'm not dressed because I didn't get the memo that we were going somewhere." He walked to the kitchen counter and leaned against it. He buried his face in his palms for a few minutes. Eventually, he said something.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I want everyone to love you as much as I do. It's our first public appearance together since we made the announcement. And thank you for taking care of my friend."

"Our friend. Look Arthur, I don't care if people out there love me as long as I know that you do. I'm fine knowing that you've got my back."

"Always. Now, go take a bath and get dressed. I'll get George back to his place."

"Ok. Just, talk to him. Something's up with him and I'm not sure what it is, but he's going through something."

"Ok." I gave him a quick kiss before heading into my room to get ready. I took my bath, got my outfit ready, and as I stood in front of the mirror, I loved myself more. My outfit today was majorly casual because we were just going for Louise's engagement party. Yeah! She got engaged too. It was a whole day event too.

Just as I about to pour myself a morning cup of tea, I heard something hit the wall in George's apartment, and then loud noises. I dropped my cup and my purse and ran over there.

"Arthur! George!!" As I made my way into the apartment, I saw George on the floor, with a badly bruised face. "Arthur!" I couldn't leave George like that, but I wanted to be sure that Arthur was good. I gave George an ice pack for his face before searching the rest of the apartment for Arthur. I found him in the bathroom, washing blood off his hands. "Arthur, what happened?" 

He stared in the mirror for a while in silence. "Let's go." He brushed past me and walked out of the bathroom.

"Arthur! What happened?!" We ended up standing in front of George who was still holding onto the icepack.

"Victoria, let's go."

"No! Arthur, did you do this?" He stared at me for a while before walking out the apartment. I stood in shock for a while, and then I decided to help George up. 

"You should go Victoria. I don't want you guys to fight because of me." I carefully helped him settle onto the sofa. 

"A bit too late for that. I'm so sorry George. I don't know why Arthur would do this."

"It's fine. Look, just tell Louise that I may run a bit late today. I'll join you guys for the yacht party in the evening though."

"You don't need to come if you're not feeling up for it. She'll understand."

"I know. But I want to go. I just need a few hours of rest."

"Ok. I'll help you get to your room." As he leaned over, he gave a slight wince and laid back down. The only visible bruise I could see was the one on his face, so I didn't understand why he couldn't walk.

"I  think I'm fine here." I reached for his shirt and he stopped me. "Don't." I ignored him and went right ahead. When I lifted it, I could see the bruises forming. It brought tears to my eyes.

"Why would he do this George? What happened?"

"You need to go Victoria. I'll sort myself out." He got up and walked to his room. I just stood there and watched him struggle. Arthur has always been a perfect gentleman, so what happened?

I walked out of his apartment, and barged right into mine. "I have just one question Arthur! Why?! Why would you do that to a man you call your best friend?!"

He sat down on the sofa, and completely ignored me. "Arthur, there's so much running through my mind right now, and not one scenario makes you look like the man I fell in love with. Babe, help me fix that."

"It's not my story to tell."

"You beat him up. He can barely walk."

"And I would do it again!" I leaned on the wall and nodded slowly.

"And if this is who you are, then I definitely would not do us again."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that this isn't the Arthur I met! You would never hurt anyone! Maybe we should just.."

"Call the engagement off?"

"I never said that."

"But it's what you're thinking about! Why do you always do this?"

 "Do what?"

"Run! You see a light cloud gathering, and you pack your things and run!!"

"Arthur, that's not fair."

"Really?! You left me!"

"Yeah! After I found my sister brutally stabbed, after icing her out for months! How do you think I felt?! I left so I wouldn't get us to a place that we couldn't come back from! I hated myself! I felt like ending it all..." Right before the tears dropped, my regained my composure. "Look, let's just get through today, for Louise." I grabbed my purse and walked out the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 7.8K 133
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."
11.4M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
204K 10.3K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
309K 18.5K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong