Chasing Her Heart

By RiaXwriter_

š•¬ š•¾š–Šš––š–šš–Šš–‘ š•æš–” š•­š–”š–šš–“š–‰ š•­š–ž š•­š–‘š–”š–”š–‰. ā€¢ She is Mufida. He is Haidar. They are both yearning for l... More

| CHASING HER HEART |
01| Home Sweet Home |
02| Family Dinner |
03| We Meet Again |
04| Have We Met Before? |
05| He Is The One |
06| Late Again |
07| What A Day |
08| Slay Quidnunc |
09| Second Chance |
10| Ephialtes |
11| Day Off |
12| Naija Here I Come |
13| Ephialtes Come True |
14| Tranquility & Toil |
15| The Meet Up |
16| Hitherto I |
17| Paradoxical Clamour |
18| Carried Off |
19| Hitherto II |
20| The Solution |
21| The Outcome |
22| Trepidation & Incertitude |
23| Favorable Outcome |
24| Back To Square One |
25| Factuality & Purpose |
26| Familia Fete |
27| Brought To Light |
28| Peak Of Hope |
29| First Brawl |
30| A Chance To Unite |
31| A New Beginning |
32| Awaiting My Destiny |
33| At Sixes And Sevens |
34| Bitter Sweet Bliss |
35| Together At Last |
36| Belle In Faze |
37| Blue Knock-back |
38| Undying Grieve |
39| Bitter Fate |
40| Devil In Disguise |
41| Dead And Buried Wounds |
42| Hidden Chemistry |
43| Bolt For Freedom |
44| Alter Of Ploy |
45| The Life Ahead |
46| The Heebie-Jeebies |
47| Dumped & Doomed |
48| Treacherous Bond |
49| Thorn In The Flesh |
50| EID MUBARAK |
51| At Peace |
52| My Life, My decisions |
53| Blissfulness & Repentance |
54| Slumber Party |
55| Utterly Numb |
56| What A Life |
58| D-day |
59| Baby Fever |
60| who is she? |
61| Day One|
62| Bleak and Lifeless |
63| Lost |
64| little Hope? |
65| The Date |

57| The Cover-up |

393 73 32
By RiaXwriter_

Amina huffed throwing her arms in surrender. "I can't do this, this isn't right Ya Hisham, pls don't do it."

Hisham sighed deeply his face buried between his palms. He is confused, he has no idea what to do or whose words to follow. He agreed that he likes Mufida but not too far to betray her by marrying her as Haidar.

His father, uncles, and everyone are in support except for Amina.

F L A S H B A C K

"I know that we just lost Haidar, we are all in grieve and it pains us a lot that we lost such a good soul, Allah ya gafarta masa."

"Ameen ya Allah."They all chorused in response.

The elders of both families are having a meeting in Ahmad's house about Haidar, his upcoming wedding in particular. Mufida's family are worried as heck about Mufida's health. They don't want to hide the truth but they're afraid of what the outcome might be.

They're all here to solve the issue and see the way to tackle the matter.

"But we are also worried about Mufida."Alhaji Ahmad continued. "I and my brothers have decided to get her married to Hisham, Haidar's twin brother."

Ridwan shook his head, he knew that he isn't supposed to talk while the elders are talking but this is pure deceit and injustice being forced on two innocent people. "But this isn't right."His father Alhaji Muhammad nodded in agreement before speaking up.

"It's not about right or wrong here Ridwan, it's about her mental health and how she is going to cope with it, you just said that she is starting to recover from the trauma we can't let her go through this again. Y'all heard what the doctor said, she might slip into a coma due to shock."

He is right, but the whole idea is wrong.

"Even if we don't tell her now she will find out sooner or later," Ridwan added still not supporting their ridiculous solution. They can find a better way but not this.

"We won't let her know about it, no one will tell her."

Okay now Ridwan is shocked, he can't let them ruin his sister's life forever. Getting her married to someone else is just out of the question.

"This won't happen, I won't agree to this. How can y'all agree to this? This is ridiculous!! Hisham please tell them that you won't agree to this."

Hisham looked up at Ridwan with teary eyes. He didn't utter a word since the so-called meeting started. Hisham hiccuped and started. "I..agree with Ridwan...I can't marry Mufida it's completely wrong, and I oppose it."

"This isn't a debate or court where you oppose or support the motion Hisham." that was Kawu Musa with sarcasm. As old as he is. "We are doing what we think is both for Mufida that's all. And were you not the one going all crazy in love with Mufida? Now you're pretending and saying you won't marry her."

Y'all know those uncles that were just born to disgrace and insult you? Kawu Musa is one of them.

Ridwan was surprised, not only him but everyone else in the room who wasn't aware of it was perplexed.

"This is not the time to talk about this Kawu."Hisham was trying his best to keep calm. It won't be right to talk back to his uncle when they are not alone.

"Why won't he talk about it?"Alhaji Gambo fired back. "You love her don't you?"

There was a long silence. Hisham couldn't meet up with any of their eyes, he felt ashamed of himself for loving his brother's fiancé. It was wrong therefore, the love he had for her has to be disregarded.

"Look Alhaji Muhammad...what we are all trying to say here is getting your daughter married to Hisham isn't a bad deal. He loves and we are sure he'll take very good care of her, she won't even know that he is not Haidar but Hisham."Alhaji Gambo explained further, and Mufida's father nodded in agreement.

Ridwan only shook his head without saying a word.

"I...."

Ahmad cut him off. "You've to do this for her Hisham, you've no other option."

Now it was time for Hisham to keep shut.

"They were together for so many years." that was Ridwan, his voice beaming with mixed emotions. "The bond which they share cannot be given to someone else. They might look alike but they're two different people. Do you think you can do what Haidar did? Mufida isn't as easy as you think she is, you work with her you must've noticed that."

Hisham's head felt heavy. Ridwan is right! He won't be able to do it. The love between them is special, they've understood each other to the extent that even without spitting out words they can figure out what's wrong. This is what you call true love!

And he can't cheat her by posing as Haidar. He just can't!

"You needn't question him about any of this. You're here right you can help, you're his best friend and also Mufida's sister, you know the two more than anyone."Kawu Musa stated pissing Ridwan off, he almost let out a hiss.

Ridwan abruptly stood up. "I won't be a part of this. You can go on with your plan, but don't even think of involving me in any way I won't be a part of this deceitful act of yours."With that, he marched towards the door.

"Ridwan, Ridwan!!"His father called after him, making him stop.

"I won't tell her about it don't worry, I'm also worried about her health. But if she comes to know about it herself I won't hesitate to tell her everything."And he left.

Hisham liked how Ridwan stood up for his sister. How he wish he'd be able to do the same and disagree with them. But unfortunately, their family ain't the same. They won't take it easy on him, especially Kawu Musa, they are angry at their mother then why vent it out on him? This isn't the first time they're forcing him to do something.

Firstly it was the time they forced him to leave Cyprus and come back home, and then forced him into marriage with his cousin and now they're forcing him to get married to Mufida posing as someone else.

Isn't it a bit too much?

"We only need your consent, Alhaji Muhammad, I know it's not a big deal to handle your wife and the rest."

Alhaji Muhammad hesitated before speaking up. "Yes, I agree with this."

It was so easy for them to decide without caring to ask for his own opinion on everything.

What about his mental health for goodness sake?

Ya Ilahi!

E N D O F F L A S H B A C K

"Ya Hisham what if I was the one in her place? Or anyone else? Won't you do it for the sake of their health?"Halima questioned staring intensely at Hisham waiting for him to answer him, he kept quiet and shook his head.

He is clueless.

"Why are you trying so hard to force this on him, he doesn't want to be a part of it then...."

Halima cut in. "You better stay out of this Meema. What's the big deal??? I know the reason why you don't want him to get married it's because he didn't marry you." she ended with a glare.

Amina's mouth went wide. "This isn't the right time for this," she said curtly.

"Oh, you don't want to talk about it, don't you? Well, I'm happy that Hisham isn't getting married to you, he was saved from making such a grave mistake."

"Halima!"Hisham yelled in a warning tone. "Don't you think you're starting to talk a little bit too much than you're supposed to? The two of you should please leave me alone!"He added startling them. Halima huffed and left without saying a thing while Amina kept on staring at him as if searching for something.

"What? Didn't you hear what I just said? Or do you want me to repeat myself?"

"I'm leaving."

"Then get on with it."He half yelled pointing to the stairs.

"Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand. If you want to talk about it, I'll always be there for you."She sends a weak smile his way before leaving.

He sulked back to the chair and heaved a long frustrated sigh.

Heyyyyy!!!!

It's been a while. I hope you've enjoyed the update as much as I enjoyed typing it down.

Do you think Hisham will agree to it?

But what about our dear Mufida??? 😭

Byeee!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 2.7K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...
12.6K 1.2K 21
Hanan love Sadeeq dearly. She loved him since she was young. Hanan never got the chance to tell Sadeeq and he fall in love someone else. She was com...
11.9K 1.3K 20
The romance between two high school sweethearts. Two people who have hurt each other so much and yet want no one else but one another. Munayah is a s...
173K 28.2K 54
Poor Ruwaida Mahmoud had to get married to her friend's brother, Turaad, a rich sophisticated Doctor not knowing she had signed a contract to save h...