Negative Law Of Attraction

By VasilisaDragomir

**I started this when I was 11. It's in the process of being edited** Avery Collins never knew her older brot... More

Character List
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
New Book
Austin and Avery
WHERE IS THE REST OF THIS BOOK?
DREAME

Chapter 21

384K 7.8K 1.1K
By VasilisaDragomir

When Gabby dropped me off saying that she really didn't need to talk to Jake but it was just an excuse for me to go, i decided i should do something that could let me think for myself. I ran up the stairs ignoring Jake's hello and quickly changed my outfit into something more comfortable. I took out my phone and texted Ben asking where Austins garage was and he texted me back the directions.

I put my converses on and walked back down the stairs. "Oh still ignoring me?" Jake asked, though he didn't look at me. His eyes were concentrating on whatever he was watching on TV.

"Sorry, i'm in a hurry" I smiled a sheepish smile.

He turned his head around. "Why?" He asked.

"No reason" I shrugged. I couldn't lie to my brother, well i could but he was just to good.

"What ever you're doing just don't kill yourself" He said in a serious tone but his face didn't change. "Hey who drove you home?" He paused. "It wasn't Austin was it?" He asked.

"Naah Gabby did" I smiled. It wasn't a lie.

He nodded. "Speaking of Gabby she said there's some new chick moving in across the road"

"Really? Find out her name?" I winked. I swear though i heard him mumble something across the lines of 'i thought it was her house'. I didn't question it.

He started to think. "Yeah her names Maddie"

I didn't look surprised at all, of course he would find out her name. "Alright, is she a friend of Gab's?"

"I don't know" He shrugged. "I saw her walking into her house with boxes though. She didn't tell me much"

"You're like her bestfriend, wouldn't you ask?"

"Nope" He shook his head.

I looked at him with doubt but decided not to question it because i could tell he wouldn't know the answer. "Anyway see you"

"Okay don't be home to late" He turned back around.

I arrived at Austins garage by taking a bus. Ben was over near the tools while Joel and Austin were working under the cars. I quickly walked over to Ben only because i didn't want to interupt Joel and Austin's work.

When i approached him he looked up and smiled. "Hey"

"Hey" I said looking at what he was doing, he was only sorting some tools so i guess i didn't interrupt him from much.

"Your cars out back" He nudged a thumb behind him. He handed me the set of keys i didn't get to familiarise myself with earlier.

"Thanks" I nodded once.

"Don't mention it" He said then went back to working.

I walked out to where i thought was the back and saw my black Honda. My insides jumped with adrenaline. I hurried over to my car and decided to just test it out, Jake managed to teach me a few things about fast cars and i wanted to finally be able to do it. I put both my hands on the wheel and revved the engine causing the tires to squeak. Since i stayed in the same spot smoke started rising in at the back so i changed gears and reversed.

I drove out to the front of the garage where the door was pulled all the way up with the view of the guys working on the cars. From the amount of noise i made Austin, Joel and Ben looked up from the work. "Thanks again babe" I winked at Austin.

He stared at me dumbstruck and surprised but he quickly recovered. "Don't mention it princess"

I smiled at the two boys near him and drove out onto the road careful not to run into any cars. It felt a whole lot more weird than driving in a normal car, it made me feel stronger and faster. My adrenaline issues got way out of hand and i seriously high. I drove around streets and buildings not knowing where i was going, all i knew i wanted to do was test it out on an empty racing track.

When i pulled my phone out keeping an eye on the road every second i realised i had two messages from Jake, i didn't read them because they probably weren't going to be important only because he knew i wasn't going anywhere dangerous. Well i wasn't was i?

"Miss me already?" Austin teased when i called him.

"No not really, tell me where do you go to practice your racing?" I asked, changing it to loudspeaker so i could look at the road.

"Avery be careful" His voice suddenly turned serious.

"I know" I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me. I stopped at a traffic light and waited patiently for his reply.

"There's a massive block of empty land behind an abandoned building it's a while away but i'll text you the whereabouts" He finally answered.

"Thanks" I lifted my phone up.

"I'll call you soon just to check up on you" He still sounded serious which scared me. "Wait do you want me to go there with you?"

"No Austin i'll be fine" I sighed.

"Okay" He sounded unsure.

"Bye" I ended the conversation.

"Bye" He said before disconnecting the call. I put my phone down on the passenger seat after looking at where the building was.

Okay, when Austin said it was abandoned i thought it was a building that could still keep it's shape but this place, it freaked me out. Walls were knocked down and tall weeds grew around it. Despite the run down place i was at i knew it was a good place for me to think for myself.

Topic one: Austin, The things he does to me is beyond believable one minute i'm head over heels for him, next minute i hate him. Gabby telling me the story about her sister and him made me have second thoughts. I mean like i actually did like him but was being with him painful to everyone that knew her sister? It scared me because the reason Gabby's sister killed herself was because of Austin. I couldn't let anyone tear us apart though, but the good thing is i know what i'm going to be dealing with.

Topic two: Jake, i couldn't tell him that Austin bought me a car, he would literally kill Austin first then me. I couldn't tell him Austin and I were together though i couldn't tell anyone anyway. I couldn't tell my favourite person in the world a lot of things because of Austin.

Topic three: Gabby, her telling me that story meant she could trust me enough. Gabby warned me and i thank her for telling me because at least i know a bit of Austin's past. I'm glad that i know the dark past between Austin and Gabby.

Three topics filled my head as i raced circuits of the land i drove fast but not to fast because i wasn't used to driving a sports car. I sucked though, if you put me against a racer i would've ruined the car in the first few seconds. I didn't know any techniques leaving me driving around the place like a lunatic. I liked the sound of the car though it made me feel superior which only boosted my adrenaline rush.

Being an honest person i am i didn't know when to change gears so i was switching it at random times. I knew that the whole point of changing gears is to adjust your speed but i didn't think i had it right just yet.

It must of been a full hour of just driving when i got tired, i stopped the car in the shade of the building. I grabbed my phone from the passenger seat and checked the two messages Jake sent me.

The first one said: Going out again tonight

The second one said: It's for fighting by the way

I replied by slowly typing a short reply that said Okay. Yeah good one Avery, i wasn't doing anything so i might as well take up 10 seconds of my life and type 'okay' slowly. I turned the volume up on the radio and started jamming out to the songs that came one. Sad thing was i was jamming out to them: alone.

I turned the volume down and calmed down. I was about to start my fail driving again but stopped when i saw 5 cars on the other side of the lot. Their revving engines caught my attention a first then their speeding as they headed straight for me, they were too fast. I was stuck in the moment i was frozen and couldn't move.

As soon as my nerves started reacting again i shifted into drive when they reached a few metres away from me and drove out of their way. I went as fast as i safely could but didn't reach anywhere near close to the exit when two cars blocked my way. I immediately stopped and the three other cars circled around. I panicked i didn't know what to do. Who were they and what did they want?

Unlocking the doors, i stepped out and shut the door behind me. They did the same and they were all guys looking angry. They were a lot more different looking to Jake's and Austin's gang, they looked like they were in their twenties and they seemed like the guys you don't want to mess with.

I stared at no one in particular until one of them spoke. "You're Austins aye?" He sneered. Austins? did they think i was some piece of meat?

"I'm not some piece of meat" I stared at the one who spoke.

"Answer his question girly" The guy standing next to his car next to him spat.

I gulped. "Yes" What have i gotten myself into?

"He's not around or coming here is he?" The same guy who asked if i was 'Austin's' asked.

"No" I shook my head. I slowly reached into my back pocket where i sneaked my phone into before i got out of my car.

His eyes adverted to where my hands where reaching and whistled to the guy behind me. Soon after i felt rough hands on my wrists he held them as another guy took my phone. Just as he was about to put it away my ring tone for Austin started ringing and my heart beat faster and it wasn't in a good way.

He just smirked and turned my phone off. My eyes widened and i started to struggle out of this randoms hands but to my luck it did nothing.

Who must of been the leader walked until he stood infront of me. He trailed a finger from the side of my forehead to my chin. He cocked his head to the side and looked as if he was studying me. Not looking away from him i tried kicking the guy behind me but only reached his knee. He flinched but besides that i got nothing. "We got a feisty one here Drake" The guy in front of me said to the one behind me.

"Such an attractive name for an ugly boy" I smirked as i looked away trying my best to avoid their eye contact.

"Don't start bitch" He whispered in my ear, making me shiver in disgust.

"Did i hit a soft spot?" I retorted getting angrier. They dare show up and harass me?

"No but i will if you don't shut up" His hand rested on my waist.

I took a sharp intake of air. "Touch me and i swear" I didn't know what i was swearing i just had to say it.

"You swear what?" He again whispered in my ear.

"Enough talking Drake" The one in front of me spoke.

I death stared him and if i had lasers i wouldn't hesitate to shoot them through my eyes right now. He looked back at me with a smirk and looked too happy for himself.

"Such a pretty face, Austin's got him a good one" He nodded twirling a small piece of my hair of my hair.

"Take a picture it might be the only pretty face you'll see with your face" I tried again to struggle out of his grip.

"Can't keep your mouth shut can you?" He smiled as if he was enjoying this, i can sure tell you i wasn't.

"You'd be stupid to think i wouldn't" I rolled my eyes. I saw a fire spark in his eyes.

"We could talk here all day" He crossed his arms showing off his tattoos. Yeah these guys weren't one of the try hards they were the genuine people that could kill anyone in a second.

"This may be abandoned but doesn't mean no one comes here" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Boss, what are we doing with her?" A new guy spoke sounding impatient.

My nerves started going crazy and jumped around with fear. That was a good question what were they going to do and what has Austin got to do with this?

"What's Austin got to do with this?" I stuttered.

"Oh you'd be surprised" He winked.

{A/N: Re-read the last chapter where Gabby tells Avery about her sister i edited it a bit so it make more sense. Thank you everyone for reading my book! mwaaah xx}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 1.6K 35
Athena Love Hart. A last name she despised and a middle name she found ironic. Love, she was given the name by her parents yet she received the exact...
629K 16.4K 26
She's ruthless, cruel, cold. To her, fear is nothing. Fear doesn't exist. This girl has a reputation big enough to have her name whispered by the big...
1M 23K 25
For the love of God, this is a very cringe book, I wrote it in 2018. It's not realistic, it's very full of "2017 cringe". You don't have to read it...
77.4K 2.1K 14
Luka is a 21 year old college student and she seems like any other college girl but what no one knows is she has an ability to heal and cure. she doe...