Dark Hearted || Narry AU ✔

By MagicNarry

[Complete] The year is 1750, and pirates rule the seas. Niall Horan, notorious pirate of the “Plundering Dark... More

Description
Chapter 1- "Pilot"
Chapter 2- "The British are coming"
Chapter 3- "Family"
Chapter 4- "The Quest"
Chapter 5- "Dancing sea"
Chapter 6- "The beauty of the sea"
Chapter 7- "Tricky Trade"
Chapter 8- "Thank you"
Chapter 09- "Greedy"
Q&A
Chapter 10- "Bloodstream"
Chapter 11- "the stowaway"
Chapter 12- "Yo Ho"
Chapter 13- "The song of death"
Authors note
Chapter 14- "Siren Island"
Chapter 15- "Red, white, and blue"
Chapter 16- "Let the water guide you"
Chapter 17- "The blue eyed man"
Chapter 18- "Vulnerability"
Chapter 20- "The cost of kindness"
Chapter 21- "The glowing falls"
Chapter 22- "The effects"
Chapter 22.5- Alternate ending- "The tides have turned"
Chapter 23- Epilogue- "Dear Child"
thank you

Chapter 19- Accepting Weaknesses

2.3K 158 105
By MagicNarry

Hello lovelies, here's another update!

Answer: Mini cooper, Audi Spyder, 2015 Acura NSX (It's beautiful) and fruits!

Dedication: @xStylzx (because they are really nice cars that you guessed and you got fruits right), @BriannaThornton6- hi daughter- @Simply_Obnoxious_x, @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @-imaginehoran, and last but certainly not least @karrystyles12

GUYS! This is ranked #876 in fanfiction thank you!

-----------

I woke up with a weight on my chest. It was odd, a different experience than what I was used to, but the weight was calming, and I realized that I had slept better than I have ever before. I knew that this would be considered a weakness, this feeling I had for the lad laying on me. I also knew that it would be my downfall, much like Zayn had been Liam's. Although, that knowledge didn't change anything if I was being honest. It would be a privilege to have him and get lost in him; to have him be my downfall. It was scary to know that he would eventually be my downfall, whether he knew it or not, but it was something that I wanted to risk, even more so now.

I sighed deeply, looking down at the lad on my chest. His hair was longer than it had been when he had left us, eyes fluttering, cheeks dusted pink. His head rose and fell with my breaths, hair tussled and fanning out on my chest under his head like a halo. I wanted to stay like this forever, away from the prying judgmental eyes of the world, away from the responsibilities I had, away from the pain. I wanted to be this softy that makes heart eyes at a lad who left but came back, the lad that loves the curly haired lad despite my reputation. I wanted to live in the world where Harry would be mine despite the danger that it could bring. The world wouldn't change for me though, no matter how much I wanted it to.

I glanced at the door, knowing that the moment I stepped through it, I would have to become the strong leader once again. The one that didn't show his emotions, didn't have weaknesses, didn't allow things to get to me. The one that didn't fall for curly haired prisoners.

But I didn't want that. I didn't want to pretend that somehow the curly haired lad hadn't wormed himself into my heart, but I did want to be the one to help my crew through this tragedy. I did want to be the one to encourage them that life does go on. And I would be that person, because I was their mate and their captain and I would act like it.

Harry stirred on my chest, and I smiled gently at the lad, running my hands through his hair. He made a soft sound, almost like a purr, and nudged his head into my hand causing me to chuckle slightly. That seemed to snap him back to reality and he sat up quickly, sending me a sheepish smile. I just smiled back gently, sitting up and swinging my legs off the side of the bed. He crawled behind me, and I was unsure of what he was going to do. I tensed as his strong arms wrapped around my shoulders, crossing across my chest but relaxed, holding onto his wrist like he would disappear if I let him go. I was scared he would.

"Everything will work out you know? Just go out there and be you." He whispered, lips brushing my ear, chest pressed to my back and I nodded slightly. He was right of course, but I would much rather just stay holed up with him in here, without having to worry about how everyone will be acting, or if being with Harry is an option.

"I know, it's just, difficult." I answered, standing up, missing the warmth of his touch already. I quickly slid on some pants, tossing on yesterday's shirt and turned to look at the lad still sitting on my bed. I stepped up to him, cupping his cheek before placing a chaste kiss to his forehead. He smiled warmly at me, his emerald eyes shining even brighter than I had ever seen them shine before. He practically radiated happiness. "Just, just promise me to stick around? I- I can't lose any more important people. I don't think I can handle it." I asked, insecure. Fear gripped me, and I was scared that he would run as far as he could now.

"I promise. I'm sorry for leaving in the first place." He answered back sincerely, and I smiled softly. I remembered the conversation we had last night, how upset his family was when he showed up, and how he got drafted before he could try and come back. How they had trained him, beaten him to teach him a lesson. Everything making me sad and angry at the people who caused this lad so much pain. Who took away his spark. But here, this lad sitting on my bed now, is a lad with a bright spark that can't be taken away.

"Get dressed, we need to head out." I told him, not a command but rather an affectionate suggestion. He nodded, small smile pasted to his face and I couldn't help but the fondness that probably radiated off of me just looking at him. He got dressed quickly while I slipped on my boots and buckled on my sword, my necklace bouncing on my chest reminding me of the lad just opposite me. I finished first, allowing me to watch the lad affectionately. It honestly scared me a bit, but I've wanted a feeling like this for so long that I wasn't willing to let it go despite the fear. When he finished, he glanced over at me and blushed lightly when he saw me already looking over. I smiled, cautiously reaching my hand out, waiting to see if he would hold it. He did, a bashful smile on his face and I beamed.

We made our way out of my quarters, and out to the deck where the crew was waiting. Harry squeezed my hand tightly before dropping it and walking behind me. They were in a circle, and I knew before even breaking through it that Zayn was in the center of it, and Liam was probably crying very close to him or trying to stay strong for the raven haired lad. I broke through the crowd, spotting a special boat hovering over the edge of the ship, intricate carvings covering the sides, and inside was Zayn, wrapped in a black silk material, and probably a hell of a lot of rum. Liam was hugging Louis tightly, eyes red rimmed and I knew that my tears were trying to leave as well but I didn't allow them to. I took a deep breath, stepping into the center of the circle knowing that it was time to make a speech before we set him off to be part of the sea.

"Brothers, we've come together like this under unfortunate circumstances. The loss of a good mate, a brother, a lover, a hero, a helping hand and an amazing listener. There are so many things to say about him, and even though we truly do have forever, he doesn't. Zayn was the person that encouraged everything, that made me see that feelings didn't mean weakness. But not only that, but that we should accept our weaknesses, love ourselves and our vulnerability. Zayn was someone that cared so much, not only for each and every one of us, but for strangers he had never spoken a word to, for lads that shouldn't have meant as much to him as they did. He had a hard life before joining us, a life he escaped, a life he helped others escape from. He had a hard exterior, but we all knew him as the big softie. The guy that was madly in love with Liam, the lad that encouraged us to face our fears and to accept our weaknesses, the lad that allowed us to feel that love wasn't something that would hurt you but rather something that strengthened you and gave you a reason to fight. He lost his life so he could die with Liam by his side. He reached his end goal, lived a happy long life. He plundered and stole and killed, but he saved and encouraged and loved. Today we set him out to sea, where he will be one with it. And where he will forever be with us, not only in our hearts but all around us. For Zayn, we will love, we will accept our weaknesses, see past our vulnerability, and find love in loss. Goodbye Zed, we'll be seeing you." And with those final words I lit a match, throwing it into the small boat and watched as the flames licked at him. I pushed the boat out, with the help of Liam, and the rope lift that was around it lowered the boat to the sea, where he would become part of it. I knew, somewhere Zayn was smiling down on us, but it didn't help the knowledge that he was gone.

Harry walked up behind me, wrapping and arm around my waist and I pulled him into a hug, my nose nudging his neck. I felt safe here, felt loved. I looked up at the sky, smiling even with the tears in my eyes. I would accept my weakness, and I would allow it to make me stronger.

Harry was my downfall, but he would also be my strength.

__________

A little fluffy and a little sad. Now they will be able to move on from Zayn's death.

Will they all be able to move on?

Will Harry and Niall only get closer or will something separate them again?

Does Harry feel the same as Niall or is he just trying to survive?

Why was Harry's family unhappy to see him again?

Will Liam be able to move on?

Will they find the elixir? If they do will it work?

Would you like alternate endings?

Where will Brad come in again?

Will they hit more obstacles on their way to the third clue?

Is the third clue the elixir or the final step to finding the elixir?

Does anyone want another Q&A? (Comment questions here)

So, for those of you who read 'Happily Ever After' you know it's on hold. BUT in its place will be this new lilo story I started called 'Toy Guns' only because I couldn't decide on which story to start next. So pretty please, go check it out for me? It would mean so much to me. Comment on it if you like it? And I've also started a story called 'Reasons' and it's a story that'll have a message and I think it's extremely important. So check that out too if you'd like?

Real life question of the day:

What do you think is your weakness?

Dedication to the commenter that can:

Guess my best subjects in school? (I had 2)

OR

Guess my favorite character off of Disney's Hercules?

100 votes and comments for an update by Thursday?

{Pretty please check out 'toy guns' and 'reasons' for me?}

[p.s. I want to let you all know that I am always here for you. Sometimes you feel alone, you feel like things wont get better. But it will. There's a reason you're on this earth, and it's a great one. You will do big things, and achieve amazing goals. YOU are the future, so no matter what anyone says, no matter how you feel, keep fighting that battle. You can't have a rainbow without a little rain yeah? You're all so incredibly amazing, each and every one of you is perfect and special and beautiful and caring, and you all deserve the world. Never forget that. And if you ever need to talk to anyone, message me. I promise I'll respond. :) No one should ever feel alone.]

Xx Val

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 320 154
This is going to be all about 1D ships book recommendation. All besides Larry, I have other books dedicated to them. So this is all about the other s...
142K 4.7K 18
Imagine losing your best friend, the guy who was there for you through all the good and bad times. Now imagine losing your boyfriend, the guy who wa...
30.1K 1.9K 15
[Short story] "Give me 12 days, and in each day I'll give you a reason to stay. And if by the end of it, you still don't want to stay, you can jump o...
668K 22.2K 32
Harry's father Devon marries Louis' mum, and at first, Louis isn't happy about it. In fact, he tries his hardest to hate Harry. But the more he learn...