Forever With You (ForthBeam)

By Thibha16

Have you ever felt like you know more about certain things which are not your specialty? Have you ever had a... More

Intro
Chap 1
Chap 2
Chap 3
Characters!!!
Chap 4
Chap 5
Not an update!!!
Chap 6
Chap 7
Chap 8
Chap 9
Chap 10
Chap 12
Chap 13
Chap 14
Chap 15
Chap 16
Chap 17
Chap 18
Chap 19
Chap 20
Epilogue

Chap 11

1K 54 8
By Thibha16

The flashback.

__________

~1981, August 18th~

In the Similan Island Medical Camp,

"When was the last time people here had a medical check-up, Khrap?" asked Beam as he helped the volunteer nurse P'Jenny from the local clinic to pack up.

Beam is at Similan Island today to collect blood samples for his research in the name of a medical check-up. He has been collecting samples around that area for months now.

"If I'm not mistaken, it was more than four months ago. Our clinic volunteered to help with the medical check-up organized by med school kids on this island. Why are you asking, Mo Beam?" questioned the mid-thirty nurse.

"Ahh, I see. It's nothing Khrap. Please help me place this in the van na khrap?" requested Beam as he put away another set of blood samples he took from the island people in a safe box to bring back by himself.

It was the new batch of samplings for his lab, not the hospital.

"Mo Beam, we are done for today. Maybe you can relax and go strolling on this island before going back. The view from up the hill is very captivating. You could watch the whole island and sea's horizon from there," advised the senior nurse.

"I'll think about it, Phi. Forth will be back early this week," replied Beam as he smiled sweetly at her, despite his tired face.

"Then, I won't bother you love birds," P'Jenny bid her byes as she left with the van.

~

At home,

Beam packed all of his things and went back home to his apartment in the port area. When he entered the house, he saw his shirtless husband making dinner while dancing to the music in the background.

"I'm home," he announced as he slowly walked to Forth and back hugged him.

"Beam, you're back, baby?" asked Forth sweetly as he continued to make the dinner.

"Get freshen up first. Dinner will be ready by that time," said Forth as he kissed the side of Beam's forehead.

"Okayyy," replied Beam as he snuggled to his husband, which got returned by Forth's bear hug. Beam felt at home with Forth's gesture.

After dinner Beam was back to his work as he arranged all the reports and samples on the small table in the living room and continued his research.

He doesn't know why the results from all the labs and hospitals are negative while not his lab reports.

Who is making those mistakes?

Is it him or the others?

Is someone altering the samples?

"Beam, eat these snacks as you do your work, na," stated Forth as he sat behind him on the couch as Beam was doing some paperwork by the small table in the living room.

"Forth, do you think my talent is wearing out?"

Beam is not the type who has self-doubt, but those results made him feel stupid and useless.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" asked Forth as he laughed a little.

Beam is a specialist clinical pathologist. After completing his five years of medical studies and housemanship, Beam continued his studies in pathophysiology. He is one of the gifted doctors in his line of work, but it comes with its disadvantages.

He has to travel a lot. Although he residence and represents his currently working hospital, he has to travel around Thailand or overseas to assist in particular cases.

But that never was a problem in his marriage life. Forth works offshore eight months a year. Since his oil rig was in the middle of the Phuket ocean, Beam chose to work at the 'Bangkok-Phuket Hospital'.

It's one of the specialist private hospitals there. During Forth's work period, Beam would stay in their rented apartment studio and work there as he waited for Forth's return every weekend.

During Forth's break period, they will return to Bangkok and stay at their home, which Forth built, and Beam works in the labs. His speciality is needed everywhere that he goes.

"I'm serious, Forth. Do you think I could be stupid or overlooking something?" Beam asked, worried with a sad face.

"What made you think that way, Baby?" questioned Forth as he sat beside him on the floor and hugged him sideways.

"You know I have been working on some results nowadays, right? But, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find the source of these chemicals in the results. The foreign elements are only detectable in the blood samples I bring back to my lab," explained Beam.

"How is that possible?" asked Forth, confused.

"Exactly! It's not possible. Do you think someone is altering the results?" he asked, more tensed.

Forth became stiff as he noticed the familiar chemical name in Beam's report.

"Baby, is DDT the chemical you were talking about?" he asked, worried.

"Yes. It's an illegal chemical and didn't get approved by the government. I don't know where or how these island people consumed it? But, How did you know about it?" added Beam, stressed with the mystery behind the chemical.

"I heard of it somewhere, I guess. Maybe during school days back in university," Forth replied as try to divert the topic and prayed for Beam to believe his lies.

"These tests are getting fishy and stressing me. How do I solve this?" Beam asked Forth as he pouted.

"I see. Maybe you should ask Phana's help to check it back in Bangkok. Why don't you drop the research If the results keep getting fishy?" Forth questioned.

"If it keeps getting fishy, there is something wrong with it, Forth. I'll find it no matter what," declared Beam angrily with a huff.

"Fine, fine. Find it if it makes your mind calm. But, don't forget to take care of yourself too," replied Forth and fed Beam the freshly cut fruits. Beam pouted at him cutely as he ate the fruits.

Forth's eyes stayed on the DDT reports even though he actively listened to Beam's whines while feeding him.

~

Four months passed like a wind, but Beam's lab test results didn't get any clarity. It becomes an unsolvable mystery to him.

Unknown to him Forth was getting information about the DDT from his oil rig in secret with the help of a senior.

He remembered the DDT chemical logo from his oil rig before, and he noticed some contract workers working overnight on the marine ship unknown to the engineers there, more like working in secret.

He didn't ponder more about it as it didn't concern him.

Even though it was suspicious, he stayed out of it as he didn't want to get involved in unnecessary troubles.

But all his plans went down the drain as he saw how Beam got hooked on the case. The more he looks into that chemical, the more dangerous it gets.

He couldn't let Beam get involved in something risky. He would instead get himself in danger than risk Beam's life.

~

~1981, December 24th~

On the way to Bangkok,

"Why are we going early this time, Forth? Didn't we plan to leave on the 25th morning?" asked Beam as he munched on his cookies as Forth drove the car.

"Mom wanted us to return early this year. And I have something to discuss with P'Mew and Dad," added Forth as he focused on the road.

"Is it work-related? Do I have to worry about this?" asked Beam casually, but deep inside, he finds Forth behaviour weird.

He noticed how Forth became secretive with his work. Suddenly, he didn't have any stories from the rig to share, and Forth was not letting him research the DDT test results in his labs. He tried to convince Beam to drop the case multiple times.

"Nothing to worry about, baby. It's work-related, but P'Mew's work-related discussion, though. Let's not worry about it and enjoy our Christmas break," replied Forth as he kissed his hand.

"Hmm. if you say so," responded Beam, even though he could feel that Forth was lying to him.

The whole drive back to Bangkok was silent after that. Each was in their own deep thoughts. As soon as they reached the Jaturapoom mansion, a little snowball ran out as he hugged Beam's leg excitedly.

"Uncle Beam, Uncle Beam, Uncle Beam!!!!" He jumped happily, asking Beam to carry him.

"Nong Bane, Did you miss me?" asked Beam with the same excitement as he carried and rotated him in his arms.

"Nong Bane, Missed Uncle Beam the most," he replied the little guy animatedly with his cute hand gestures.

"What about Uncle Forth? Don't you miss me?" asked Forth as he tickled the laughing snowball.

"Uncle, stop. It's ticklish!"

The laughter filled the Jaturapoom mansion upon Forth and Beam's arrival. Beam and P'Gulf helped Mrs Marla with the Christmas Eve dinner while Forth and P'Mew decorated the Christmas tree with their dad.

After dinner, Forth excused himself to discuss something with P'Mew and dad while Bane kept Beam busy with his mischievousness.

As it's already midnight, P'Gulf brought Bane to bed, and Beam and Mrs Marla decided to head back to bed.

On the way to Forth bedroom on the third floor, Beam heard muffled voices from the office room. His curiosity got the better of him, and so did his anxiety. Therefore, he tried to listen to their conversation.

"Dad, I need the information as soon as possible," Forth said earnestly.

"Forth, how about asking for help collecting information from your engineering boys or Park-he works with you on the rig, right? I don't think it's alright to get involved in this alone. Get a friend to help you," mentioned P'Mew seriously.

"I can't risk anybody's life in this, P'Mew. I can't ask for help without knowing the depth of this case. Dad, I need your help in this," asked Forth sincerely.

"I understand, son. I'll try my best to get the information quickly," replied Dad.

"Remember, son. As much as you worry about your friends and don't want them to get involved, I worry about you the same, and I don't want you to risk your life too. Does Beam even know about this?" commented Mr Jaturapoom.

"Beam should never know about this case, Dad. I'm doing this because I don't want him to get involved in this case. Please, dad. Don't let Beam know about this," stated Forth with a desperate look.

"We understand, Forth. Make sure you are safe," warned P'Mew as he patted Forth's shoulder encouragingly.

"I will, Phi," replied Forth with a small smile, and that's the cue for Beam to leave that spot.

His doubt about Forth hiding something got clarified now. He doesn't mind his husband keeping a secret from him. But, if it involves a life or death matter and Forth hiding it from him doesn't sit well with him.

Beam quietly went to their room as he wished for Forth to be honest with him.

~

A few months later,

~1982, March 17th~

Forth didn't mention anything about the discussion with P'Mew and dad to Beam. Since Forth didn't talk about it, Beam decided to trust and let it go. But he never plans to drop the case, though.

Beam returned home early from the hospital and decided to make simple dinner dishes and catch up on house chores.

As Beam was cleaning Forth's workplace, he noticed a hidden folder below the table.

'What are you hiding from me, Forth? Why are you making me worried?' thought Beam as he opened the file to read through.

The more he read through the documents, the angrier he gets. He never knew Forth would keep this from him, something as huge as this. Although he decided to let it go before, he can't anymore.

He collected the documents and brought them to his working room.

He wanted to watch Forth's reaction before he confronted him.

As he predicted, Forth went outlandish when he couldn't find the documents all weekend. But he didn't ask Beam a word about it.

"I know you are looking for this all weekend," stated Beam as he placed the documents on the table beside Forth's luggage on a Sunday evening. Forth needs to return to the rig today.

"Beam, did you read it?" he asked, more scared than angry.

"Yes. Each and every word. Why don't you explain yourself, Forth?" Beam asked coldly.

"Baby, why did you get involved in this?" he asked worriedly.

"I have been researching the results for almost a year now.

I was having a hard time finding a solution to this mystery, and you know all about it all this time?!

Why would you keep it secret from me?

You know how crucial these test results are," expressed Beam angrily.

"Baby, DDT is not about the test results alone anymore. It's dangerous to get involved in this case. You don't know how tricky and risky it is," Forth tried to convince Beam from getting too deep into this.

"Then, Why don't you explain it to me? Why did you get involved in this mess, Forth?" he shouted in frustration.

"Baby...It's not like that. Try to understand me," requested Forth, desperate.

"Then, make me understand. Please, Forth. Don't make me doubt you," replied Beam with the same desperation.

Forth checked this watch as he needed to leave now to the port.

Or else he will miss the last ferry back to his oil rig tonight.

"I'll explain everything to you when I return this week. Please, don't get yourself any deeper in this case. I beg you," requested Forth pleadingly as hugs Beam tightly before he left for the port.

Beam just watched him leave without returning the hug or bidding him farewells like usual.

~

~1982, 23rd March~

"Don't just go back to your place and stay locked up there. Since your husband is not around, how about we go for a drink with the others, Mo'Beam," asked the friendly nurse who works with him in the hospital.

"I left my casanova live long ago, P'Jenny. And don't worry, my friends are here to visit me this week. I'll get going then. Please, make sure the samples are stored safely," stated Beam as he bid goodbye to her.

Beam reached his small studio apartment by the port, which had the best sea view, late in the evening. He dropped all his things on the couch as he lay on it.

He misses his Forth so much. Although he is still angry about Forth hiding the truth, emotions are emotions. And yes, he misses him so much.

But, his ego won't let him call his husband first. He is still angry about their argument before Forth left for his rig on Sunday.

It's Friday, which indicates that it's been five whole days, and Beam still hasn't contacted or texted him.

As he longing stared at his phone, he received another text from Forth, like every other day.

'I know you're still mad, baby.

But trust me, I'll be careful and explain everything to you when I'm home.

I miss you so much.

I love you, love.'

Even though that text made him happy, his uneasiness is not going away. He needs to see Forth whole in front of his eyes to feel secure again.

Beam decided to freshen up before meeting Phana and Kit in the bar near his place.

They are here to visit him for a monthly meet-up and to pass the results of the samples he sent them through the post last month.

Phana, Beam and Kit are the crazy-doctor-gang.

They are well known for their looks, brain and family background.

All three of them are from wealthy families, and they are very competitive in everything they do, which made them score excellently in almost all the exams in med school and also become champions in extra-cocurricular activities.

Beam chose his speciality wisely in med school and requested a posting near his husband's workplace after his marriage to his boyfriend, who he had loved since his first year of college.

Meanwhile, Phana and Kit decided to stay in Bangkok's biggest specialist hospital after their housemanship, at the same hospital where they did their internship with Beam.

~

Beam reached the bar at eight first as he lives nearby. He ordered their drinks as he waited for his best friends.

After a few minutes, he saw Phana dragging a tired Kit into the bar. He waved them over to their table.

"Hi, meng. Where are the results?" asked Beam as soon as they both took a seat.

"We just got here. How about starting with 'How are you guys?' or 'How was your travelling?'" asked Kit sarcastically.

"Kitty, that could wait. Did you bring the results? Is there something fishy?" asked Beam seriously.

"The result was normal, Beam. Nothing out of the ordinary. I don't understand why you asked us to check normal results and worried about nothing all the time," stated Phana as he drank his beer.

"It's normal again," repeated Beam slowly as he thought deeply about it as he read through the documents.

How could the results be ordinary?

He tested the same blood samples in his lab here, and the results were positive for the DDT test.

But, once he brought that up to the hospital management and requested a report, the results miraculous became ordinary, with no trace of DDT.

That was why he had to send some results to different labs and hospitals to double-check. But still, the results are altered.

Who is changing the damn reports?

"Ai'Beam, stop worrying unnecessarily and start eating. You're losing weight. Is your husband not taking care of you?" asked Kit as he stuffed the side dish into Beam's mouth.

Phana and Kit always have treated Beam like their son rather than their best friend.

Beam smiled it off as he tried not to think about the DDT case right now.

As the night went on, all three of the best friends drank more beer than they intended.

"Oh, Beam, Kit will work in your hospital for a month starting next week," stated Phana as he ate away the side dishes without caring about life or his friends who wanted to eat them too.

"Is it for the joined surgery you mentioned before, Kitty?" Beam asked.

He remembers Kit talking about it to him during one of their phone calls.

"Yup. I'll rest until my joining date here as I wait for the patient, who will be here by Wednesday at the latest," stated Kit.

"Where will you be staying? Does the hospital provide a dorm for you?"

"I'm staying with you, my friend. I don't fancy the dorm they offer. Why would I stay there when my best friend has a nice sea-view apartment here for free?" replied Kit, not tired anymore.

The beer is doing its work, he guessed. Kit was even moving to the background music.

"Great, Kit. I'll frequently visit then. We could do a slumber party," added Phana, giggling.

It looks like he is getting drunk too.

"You guys know that I am married and live with my husband, right?"

"If I can't be happy with my Ming for a month, so are you with your Forth," replied Kitty, giggling as he drank another bottle of beer.

'Okay, both are drinking like it's their last day alive on the earth. Now I have to drag these wasted best friends back to my apartment.

Haihhhh.

I miss my Forth,' thought Beam tipsily as he tried his best to drag the now drunk best friends out of their seats.

_____________

End of Chap 11.

TBC.

_____________

~

Hi cupcakes, That's the wrap before I go MIA for my finals.

It might take some time for me to return, more like a month.

I hope this story didn't lose its loyal readers during that time.

But, I might update the next chapter soon if this story reaches 5k views and 300 votes in between that time.

So, it's all in your hands, so do read, vote and comment, guys. Please share this story with others if you find this worth reading.

Till I meet you guys again, stay safe and healthy.

Buh-bye.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 3.3K 25
[BOOK ONE OF THE LADY MOON SERIES] UNDER EDITING Anastasia Barton is the 17 year old of Laura and Clint Barton. After a weird visit she finally meets...
638K 32.2K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
277K 15.2K 41
Arthit missed growing up like any other boy since he was scouted by the top entertainment agency of the country when he was 12 years old. But now aft...
183K 8.8K 54
A ForthBeam FanFiction