Lock Up ⏐Charles Leclerc

By reesewoop

Somewhere in Tuscany, two people cross paths- one lost and one making the most out of a month of freedom. No... More

Chapter 0
Portrayals
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Announcement
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus chapter #3
Announcement

Chapter 57

39K 947 103
By reesewoop

Double update because I feel like we all deserve it after the French GP and everything that's being said online about Charles, Carlos, and Ferrari. Hoping that the Hungarian GP is better 🤞🏻

If there are any typos in this chapter, don't be shy to tell me through the comment section :)

Enjoy!

*****

"How did he get the pictures?" I asked, trying to remember who was at Aurora's wedding. We didn't hire a photographer since the couple chose not to but I don't recall seeing any cameras pointed at us.

"I think it was Aurora's cousin— the one I danced with." Charles sighed, the disappointment clear on his face. "Most of the photos were harmless but there's one in particular that would attract the media like a piranha." Charles pulled out his phone, tapping it a few times before passing it to me.

The lighting wasn't all that good but with the quality of cameras today, it didn't matter. It was clear as day that Charles had his arms wrapped around me as we kissed in the middle of the dance floor. I already have a bad memory from this night because of the week after but this just made it worst.

I closed my eyes and felt Charles get the phone from me, left hand wrapping around my wrist in a comforting manner. "I can't believe this is actually happening."

"Believe me, I'm this close to running away again." He said and I opened my eyes to see him holding his thumb and index finger close to one another. "And I have to go to Greece tomorrow and act like everything's okay."

"Then don't." I find myself blurting out, the anger slowly crawling under my skin. We've adjusted our lives based on the choices that Chiara and Giovanni make. It's time to change that. "Tell them you're not feeling well and going out of town was not an option."

"Chiara's already seen me." Charles said and I cursed at that part. We both stayed silent until Charles' face brightened up. "My mother. She wouldn't dare go against that."

"Why not?" I asked, expecting that Chiara would've been in good terms with his mother if they've been together during the tough months where Charles' father was sick.

"Because my mother absolutely hates her." My eyes widened and I suddenly felt scared to meet Charles' mother if ever I had the chance of doing so. I've only seen her in the photos but so far, I haven't met her in real life. I heard she was there during the Monaco grand prix but stayed inside the Ferrari motorhome with Charles' brothers. Charles saw the expression on my face and he shook his head, a smile on his lips. "Don't worry, she likes you."

"What?"

"She knows who you are." Charles said without even looking at me, eyes trained on his phone as he talked to his mother.

"Again, what?" I said, placing both of my hands on Charles' cheek and making him look at me.

"My mother knows you?"

"Oh my god." I said, letting go of him and running a hand through my hair as I paced around the kitchen. "I know you said she likes me, but oh my god?"

"Valentine, stop freaking out." Charles chuckled, putting his phone back into his pocket. "Actually, freak out all you want because she's coming here tomorrow."

Oh my god. I am not ready for this.

*****

Pascale Leclerc was a beautiful woman who obviously loved her sons with her entire heart, if not more. I watched from the foyer as Charles opened the door for his mother, giving her a tight hug and kissing her cheek. During their hug, Pascale's eyes met mine and she smiled softly at me.

"And you must be Valentine." She said, stepping forward. I met her halfway and was surprised when she pulled me in for a hug, and I gladly returned it. "I've heard nothing but beautiful things about you."

"I hope so." I said, glancing at Charles and giving him a glare when he was biting his lip to keep himself from laughing. "Will you be joining us at the harbour today?"

As planned from yesterday, Charles and I were heading to the harbour. I extended my stay for another day and would be leaving tomorrow to fix some stuff for work. We were slowly going to announce the details of the film and I scheduled a dinner at my house for the main cast so that we'd get to know one another.

"I'm afraid not." Pascale smiled, shaking her head. "I just came here to check on Charles since he refused to let me visit after the race."

"Because I already told you I was okay." Charles said, stepping forward and placing an arm over his mother's shoulder.

"Yes, but I'm your mother, Charles. It's my job to worry."

"My parents are the same." I said and I saw Pascale listen intently as I talked. "It's mostly my papa but my mom has her fair share of moments." I went through talking about how mom freaked out during my first trip abroad without either of them. I think she was close to booking her own flight and accompanying me since I had just turned nineteen back then.

"I don't want to place this on you, but would you mind looking after him during the races?" Pascale said as we both stayed in Charles' backyard. He went in for a bit to get us some drinks to beat the Monaco sun.

"I'll try my best. Even I can't calm myself every time he gets into that car."

"I understand what you mean, dear." She said, placing a hand over mine and squeezing it. We were wrapped up in silence for a few minutes, appreciating the view, until Pascale spoke once again. "Charles tells me he's told you about everything that happened."

I nodded my head solemnly and offered her a smile. "I'm so sorry about your husband."

Pascale waved a hand but you could still see the pain in her eyes. It hasn't been long and it would definitely be painful to lose the love of your life so early on.

"He's up there watching over us." She winked, pointing at the sky and showing me a soft smile. I'm briefly brought back to every victory of Charles where he does the same thing before getting out of his car. "You know, Hervé would've been fond of you."

"Why is that?" I asked, placing my chin over my hand as Pascale lovingly talked about her husband.

"He loved watching movies, even when we were still young." Pascale leaned back and set her eyes on the horizon. "We went out to watch a film for our first date and we've been doing it every year during our anniversary. I believe we've watched one of your father's films a few years back."

"He'd be happy to hear that." I grinned, thinking how papa always engaged in conversations with people who watched his films, hoping to get comments whether or not they were positive or negative. "Papa is kind of a romantic himself."

"And you?"

I was taken aback by the question but I showed Pascale a soft smile. "I am." I said and she nodded in understanding. "I feel like everyone is. Being a romantic isn't just about feeling love for that one person. It's finding love in every single person and thing around you, seeing hope where you never thought it would be. Personally, I'm the type to be a closet romantic but I wouldn't be afraid to share a few things outside of my private life."

"Privacy is considered as a treasure in your life, yes?"

"Definitely." I quickly answered and Pascale laughed along with me.

"Definitely what?" Charles asked as he came back with three glasses of iced tea.

"You definitely shouldn't be carrying that." I said when I saw him struggling to hold the three glasses. Two were wedged in between his chest and arm while one was being held by his left hand.

I immediately stood up and carefully took the glasses from him, setting them on the table in front of the chairs. "Thanks." Charles said, smiling down at me when I took the last one and handed it to him properly. "So, what have you guys been talking about?"

"That's between me and Valentine, dear." Pascale said, smiling behind her glass as she looked up at the two of us.

"Come on." Charles groaned, bumping my hip. "At least give me some of the tea."

I raised my eyebrow at the terminology he used. "Where did you learn that word?"

"Twitter and I keep hearing it from Daniel." He chuckled and I shook my head.

We spent the entire morning in the backyard and I watched the mother and son duo interact the whole time. There's a refreshing look on Charles when he's around his mother and I find myself realizing that it's the same look he has whenever I see him in Italy.

Relaxed and at peace.

It was nearing eleven when we decided to leave and Pascale was walking out with us. I changed into a blue floral romper since it'd be too hot to wear the sweater and shorts I had on earlier. We were taking the Stradale again to avoid unwanted eyes.

"It was lovely meeting you." I said, giving Pascale a hug as well all stood by the garage.

"You too, dear." She said, lowering her voice to a whisper. "Take care of Charles, okay?"

I nodded my head and left the two to bid goodbye before getting into the passenger seat. Charles kissed his mom on her forehead before helping her get in her car. He gave her one last wave before walking towards my direction.

"You look happy." I said when the smile on his face didn't disappear as he drove away from his house.

Charles glanced at me before turning his eyes back to the road. "It's nice to see her especially when I consistently travel around the world. Arthur's the same and most of the time Lorenzo accompanies him."

We arrived at the harbour after a few minutes and Charles and I placed some caps over our heads. From what he told me, we were using Pascale's boat since it was smaller while Charles' would've been better for at least five people.

"How did you learn to drive a boat?" I asked as I watched him check if everything was in place.

"It was Jules, actually. If piano was my past time, this was his." Charles stood in front of the wheel and I felt the boat move away from the dock. "Whenever I needed a break from karting or even when we were both in Formula One, we'd do this and just spend half of the day on the water."

As Charles continued to tell more stories about Jules, I whipped out the notebook and charcoal pencil I brought, making myself comfortable as I drew him. The water was making it difficult to steadily draw against the paper but I found myself loving the imperfections I accidentally make.

We had ventured out into a space that was far enough so that people wouldn't see us clearly. As Charles shut down the engine and let the anchor loose, that was the only time he noticed that I was sketching on my notebook. He peeked over my shoulder and I didn't bother hiding the drawing I made of him, only half of his face visible as I drew some finishing touches on the view behind him.

"I see you're making me your muse again." He smiled, sitting down beside me and bringing out some food from the packs we brought with us. "I may have to start charging a fee."

I kicked his foot with mine and stuck my tongue out, Charles laughing in return. "I'll make Pierre my muse then." I said and Charles' eyes turned into slits.

"Don't you dare."

"Sell me the Stradale and I wouldn't." I smirked and his glare didn't waver.

"You're making it really tempting to throw you over the water right now." I ignored him and flicked his forehead before standing up to stretch my back from all the sitting I've been doing today.

"So, I have a question." I started and Charles raised an eyebrow at the seriousness of my tone. Charles nodded his head and passed me a sandwhich that he made earlier. "Has Giovanni always been so intimidating?"

Charles shook his head, leaning back so that his head was sitting on the edge of the boat. "He was actually a good manager ever since he took me in as a client when I was in F2. The way he's acting right now, this is only a recent occurrence."

"Have you thought of getting a new manager?"

"I have." Charles nodded his head and I waited for him to explain. "Jules' manager, Nicolas Todt, has always remained in contact with me since we've become friends as well. I haven't talked to him about Giovanni yet because I still have to review the current contract I have with him."

"Giovanni's not going to like that." I cringed, already imagining how he will lash out. I have an inkling that he's going to blame me for this when it's entirely up to Charles.

"With all the bullshit he's put me through this season, he had it coming."

*****

Bit of a filler chapter in between races but we have Monza in the next chapter 👀

Reese

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 385 18
"I don't wanna see him, I can't. I'd never be able to look in his eyes again, because all I would think about is how it was all my fault." Celine Val...
50.8K 2.1K 23
❝ 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙤𝙛𝙛 ❞ ⌜ ⁱⁿ ʷʰⁱᶜʰ ˢʰᵉ ʷᵃˢ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ʷᵒᵐᵃⁿ ʰᵉ ʰᵃᵈ ʰⁱʳᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳ ʰ...
713K 13.2K 94
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘸 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘴... 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐'𝘮 𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨
348K 5.4K 40
Slipping down a dark path can be pretty self-destructive. Especially when you can't come out. "I need you, Charles... I need you now". ---- Disclai...