Taming the Master

By _itsamirage_

A certain Charlie Chadwick, billionaire businessman and sole heir to the number one business in London, is kn... More

Louise M. Jackson.
Asshole.
Oh for the love of cookies!
Personal favorite.
Do not call me that.
I beg your pardon?
Goosebumps.
Charlie.
Blood is not thicker than water.
Everyone's fighting demons of their own.
Marilyn Monroe.
Hotel? Trivago.
Bromance.
An Unexpected Directioner.
The calm before a storm.
Swan Lake.
Rain.
Monster.
André's Pov.
Taming the Master.
Made of Glass.

Epiphany.

280 15 18
By _itsamirage_

Charlie's Pov
I looked to my right and saw Lousie standing, smiling at me. She was wearing a black dress and her red hair matched her lips. I don't know why I always felt this way when I saw her. Confusion was the best word to describe it.

She began walking toward me, my eyes never leaving hers. "Louise." I said quietly.

My eyes flutter open as I wrapped my hands even more tightly around the person in front of me. "Louise?"

I opened my eyes fully as Dré's blue eyes stared into mine. "Ah!" we screamed at the same time and scurried to both ends of the bed.

"What are you doing in my room?!" we yelled in unison.

I looked around quickly. "André. This is my room. Why are you in my room and sleeping in my bed?"

"I...I don't know. I can't remember what happened last night."

"Ah, my head." I groaned and placed both of my hands on my head. Dré winced equally. We were both suffering from a massive hangover.

"Just how much did we drink?" I asked eyeing both of our half-naked bodies.

Dré looked to the bedside table and grabbed a bottle of water tossing it to me before collecting another and drinking it."Thanks."

"Knock knock." Louise's figure stepped into the room. She had already dressed up for the day. She was in a teal pantsuit today.

"I hope I'm not interrupting..anything?" she said pointing between the both of us as our hands flew up to cover our chests. Louise just rolled her eyes and dropped a bottle on the bed.

"Judging from the way you two drank last night, my guess is that your heads must be throbbing. Have some of that."

"How come you're not hungover?" André asked her.

"Unlike you two that was hellbent on proving who could drink best, I stayed sober for your sakes. You guys owe me." she replied to him.

"Anyways. You two should probably get ready now. Our meeting is at 10 am and it's currently 9 am." she looked at her wristwatch and told us before turning to leave the room.

"Wait, Louise." Dré called out.

He then used his thumb to point between the two of us. "Who won the contest yesterday? It was me right?"

"You? Please. If I can't remember anything, I clearly remember you blacking out while I still stood strong."

"You stole my line. I saw you black out." Dré folded his arms arguing with me.

"It's only Louise that can reveal the truth." he nodded and we both turned to her.

"Who won?" I asked her this time.

She kept quiet looking between us then opened her mouth but closed it. "I'm not telling! Get dressed!" she yelled leaving the room.

"No offense, Charlie, who am I kidding? A lot of offenses, I have a feeling it was I who won."

I rolled my eyes and replied to him. "I don't feel like arguing with you today. Leave." I used my hand to shun him away before swallowing some pain relief medicine.

He took the bottle with him as he left the room.

I quickly took a shower and got dressed for our meeting at the gallery.

We visited our gallery here and it was just as magnificent as the one back in London, dare I say even better. Luckily the meeting ended quickly so I suggested we look around for a bit before visiting our company's branch.

Louise went to the photography section and I followed her there. She seemed so intrigued by the portraits and photographs displayed. She observed the pieces as she did in the gallery back home which led me to ask.

"Do you like photography?" she seemed startled at first like she didn't know I was standing there, then she nodded slowly.

"I've always loved photography. The cameras, the pictures, the people, the moments, everything. Photography is truly a magical thing." her eyes actually sparkled while she spoke about it and her cheeks turned rosy. I could tell she was really passionate about it. She was also really attractive while she spoke.

"I'm guessing you want to venture into it as a full-time career?"

"I would love to, but I can only do that full time when I no longer have to worry about money. Besides, I wouldn't want to turn a hobby of mine into something work-based. Takes the fun out of it no?"She smiled at me and walked away from the current art piece to admire another.

I continued treading behind her but not saying a word just watching how she took steps closer and away from the works and then staring at them excitement evident in her actions. Unconsciously my lips curled upwards into a smile.

She turned to look at me taking me by surprise and asking. "What about you sir? Any hobbies of yours?"

"Mm." I hummed and began to walk as she followed me.

"I like to paint."

"No way? You? I never would be imagined someone like you having a hobby like painting."

"What's so surprising about it? Anyone can have a hobby?" I stopped in front of a painting.

"Well, are you any good at it?" she looked at me asking and I pointed my jaw towards the painting in front of me.

"See for yourself." She slowly turned her head to face the painting. It was a painting of a lake in a forest surrounded by fireflies and a setting sun in the background.

"You know I told you my father used to hit me?" she nodded waiting for me to continue.

"I needed to have an outlet for my pent-up emotions. I was a kid so I couldn't talk back or get upset or ill get hit even more. So one day I got a canvas, an easel, and some oil paint, took them to the back of my house and began to paint the scenery.

I wasn't really good at first but I was determined and consistent and soon enough I became good at it. Just like you, I like capturing moments. I even impressed myself with the result of the painting." I turned my body fully to face hers and our eyes locked with one another.

"That was when my dad decided to venture into the art gallery business. Hoping I would one day take over and so he put up my first ever complete painting in the Paris gallery."

"Wow. I don't know if I should be impressed or feel bad for you because of what you had to go through."

"I think you'd stick with the first one when I tell you how old I was when I completed this painting."

"How old were you?"

"11."

"11? Wow, I'm more impressed now. It looks so professional. You're continuously proving to be more than a pretty face, aren't you?" she nudged my side and laughed causing laughter to escape from my lips too.

"Maybe one day you can paint me. Like one of your French girls." She said lightly flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Was that a titanic reference?"

"You've watched titanic too? Mr. Charlie, you sure are full of surprises."

"There's a lot more you could figure out, only if you wish to." I slightly leaned forward and stared into those beautiful blue eyes of hers.

She tugged a strand of hair behind her ear and gave a fake cough. "You haven't had anything to eat all day. Shall we go to a restaurant? I'll phone Dré."

We shortly left the art gallery and I felt like I had grown a bit closer to Louise. I suddenly remembered how I had treated her when she first arrived in my study and I cringed physically. I wish I could take it back.

My dad was up my arse about a deal we had lost with a company in Dubai, so I was in a generally terrible mood.

People say I have a bit of an attitude problem. That's not true, right?

Right?

We had lunch and went to our branch here. I spoke briefly with the managing director and had a meeting with the board of directors. I also went through some of the documents there and noticed some loopholes.

That was the real reason I had come here. I got word that there was some fishy business going on in this branch. Some of the directors colluded with the shareholders and stashed stocks into borrowed-name accounts. If we don't deal with this case and punish the involved people, this branch could go down in bankruptcy and word could get out that Chadwick Corporation was engaging in corrupt practices.

So for the rest of the week, Louise and I looked through dozens of documents and visited the partnering companies that invested in us, André driving us to all the places.

We also had to let go of a number of staff and find replacements for them.

Finally, we were back in London. I had to give it to Louise and also André. They did very well holding up. André driving us to all the locations we needed to be in and Louise scouring through tons of paperwork.

"Good work guys. You did well on this trip." I said as we entered the mansion.

"I had no idea things would go so fast-paced and we would get so busy. " Louise said barely being able to stand on her feet and clearly exhausted.

"You could say that again. I've never driven to so many places in a day." André chirped in from beside her.

"Since you two did such a fine job on this trip you can take the rest of the week off." Light filled both their eyes for a split second and they grinned widely.

"Really?" Louise asked smiling so brightly.

I nodded and they both offered their thanks to me. I sauntered to my room, heavily jet lagged just about to slump on my bed when I got a phone call.

I looked at the caller id and ran a hand down my face before answering. "Yes, father."

"Are you back from your business trip?"

"Yes. I just got into my house."

"Come by the house tomorrow for breakfast." he said plainly and cut the call before I had a chance to reply to him.

I dropped my phone on the bed and lay beside it drowning in a very long nap. We had taken the night flight after finishing up the remaining work.

I woke up the next morning and got dressed to go to my parents' house.

The kitchen was empty when I passed by it and the house was quiet, somewhat peaceful. "Louise must be sleeping in today. She deserves it."

I went down to the garage and took the key for my blue Porsche out of the key rack and drove to the house.

This was a sudden call from my father. I haven't been to their house in almost a year. He must have a serious topic to discuss with me.

I arrived at the house in 30 minutes. I was glad the house was some distance away from mine. I wouldn't have to worry about bumping into them that way.

I walked inside the building and followed the back door leading to the back of the house. Yes. That was this was the place I had begun painting.

This was the only thing I could say I missed in this house. The view never disappointed even when it was a sunny Sunday morning.

There was a table set out on the lawn and both my parents were seated at it with breakfast meals set on the table.

I saw a face that I never expected to see in my parents' house. What was she doing here?

"Good morning mother." I greeted my mother and walked over to her placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Father." I nodded at my father who just continued eating his meal. I sat down opposite Rebecca and unfolded the napkin on the table, placing it on my thighs.

I immediately asked my parents, more directed to my dad. "I wasn't informed Rebecca would be joining us for breakfast."

I began serving my food unto my plate waiting for his response.

"Becca tells me here that you two haven't gone on any dates."

"Were we supposed to go on dates?" He stopped chewing his food and narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yes, you were. I invited her for breakfast since you're so busy and haven't been able to make time for her. You two should go to the golf course and have your first day there."

"You can't just suggest something like that. What if I made plans today?"

"Cancel it. Going out with Becca is more important than any plan you would've arranged for today. I have prepared the car that will take you there and some golfing outfits for the both of you."

"Thank you, sir. That's really generous of you." Rebecca said to my father.

"Don't thank me. This is far below what I would do for my daughter-in-law." I stared at the two of them as Rebecca blushed and faced her head down giggling.

"Oops. I let my thoughts slip out." Father said and laughed drinking some of his tea.

"That's okay. I'm eventually going to be your daughter-in-law. Dad." I dropped my cutlery on my plate and their heads turned toward me.

I pushed my chair back and stood up. "Charlie? What's the matter?" My mom called out. So she finally decided to speak.

"I've lost my appetite." I said and walked away from the table.

I entered my old room and slammed the door shut in anger. I always knew this day would come. The day my father would force me into an arranged marriage for the sake of the business thriving, but what more could he want? It must be his greed driving him.

Rebecca's father is the Prime Minister.

My father has riches and now he wants power. I was getting sick of this. Moving out of the house was not enough to get away from him and his antics. I can't let him have his way. But I should at least go to the golf course today so as not to provoke him now, and use that time to think about how I can convince him to not get me married.

I took the golfing clothes from the bed and wore them, then I folded my own clothes neatly on it.

"Let's get this over with."

"Nice shot." Rebecca commented as I hit the ball with my golf club.

We walked toward the place the ball had fallen. "So. How are you so good at golf?" She asked from beside me.

"I play it in my free time." I replied shortly.

"Do you work out a lot? You have really nice arms." She snaked her hand in the crook of my elbow and caressed my forearm.

It took everything in me to not shove her hand away. I slightly shrugged her off as I hit the ball into the hole and she clapped for me.

We continued playing for a while before leaving the course. "Oh no. I didn't bring my clothes with me. I have nothing to change to." Rebecca said when we were out of the course. I realized I also left my change of clothes at home.

"We can buy some clothes to wear. I too did not bring mine along." She nodded smiling excitedly.

We drove to a department store and went to the female section first to get her own things. I sat down in the waiting area, waiting for her to come out of the dressing room.

"Mr. Charlie?" A voice I didn't know I had missed called out and I turned my head so fast I almost got whiplash.

"Louise?"

"I knew it was you. What are you doing shopping in the female section?" She had a bright smile on her face along with a shopping bag and a cup of iced coffee.

"I-"

"Charlie! What do you think of this outfit? I personally like it but I'm not sure if I love it." Rebecca said as she came out of the dressing room.

"Oh. What do we have here? Who is she?" She asked dropping the smile on her face and scrutinizing Louise.

"She's my personal assistant." I replied standing up from my seat.

"Ah. The famous P.A. I don't think we've met before?" She folded her arms and questioned Louise.

"No, we haven't met in person. Although I answered a call from you when Mr. Charlie wasn't on seat. I'm Louise Jackson." She shifted the cup she was holding to her right hand and stretched out her left for Rebecca to shake.

"Rebecca Adams. Most people call me Becca." She didn't accept her hand and stayed in the position she was in.

"I see." Louise closed her hand and let it fall to her side.

"Charlie. Come pay for my clothes so we can get on with our date. I'm starving." Rebecca once again wrapped her arm around mine and this time rested her head on my shoulder.

Louise's eyes drifted to our arms before looking back at me. "Date? I didn't realize...carry on with your date then. I'll see you back...at home. I guess?"

I couldn't say a word as Rebecca looked confused. "Home?"

"It was nice meeting you, Miss Rebecca." Louise smiled at Rebecca but the smile did not reach her eyes.

She walked away from us and out of the store. My mouth opened but I couldn't call out to her.

"What did she mean by home Charlie?" Rebecca tugged at my arm.

I hope Louise wouldn't misunderstand this situation. Even if she did, what's it to me?

Get your feelings in check. Charlie.

I walked toward the cashier and paid for Rebecca's clothes before going to the men's section and changing into something casual.

We then left the place to get some lunch. I took her to a cafe where we ordered cheesecakes and some drinks.

I stared at Rebecca who sipped her iced tea and finally asked. "Do you even like me?"

She stopped sipping and swallowed then replied. "Of course! What's not to like about you? You're handsome, good-looking, attractive. Did I mention handsome?" I scoffed and shook my head.

"So you're okay, with the whole arranged marriage thing our parents are trying to coerce us into?"

"Yeah. I love my dad and he's never asked me to do anything before. If a marriage is what he wants, I'll gladly give it to him." She took her spoon and cut it into the cake, eating it.

"Don't you want to marry someone you love?"

"What's not to love about you? I also adore your parents. We just have to get married first. We can fall in love gradually." She shrugged her shoulders and sighed heavily.

I drove her back to her house which was much larger than mine. "I'll make arrangements for your clothes to be delivered to your house. You don't need to go back there." She nodded and I began walking back to my car as she stopped me placing a hand on my arm.

"Charlie. I really like you. I can give you time and wait as long as you want for you to like me back." I stared at her and actually felt bad for her. I need to end this before it starts and her feelings grow.

I entered my car and drove out and away from her house.

I was too tired to do any other thing so I drove back home, hoping to rest for the remainder of the day.

As I walked in, I motioned to the kitchen to get some water as I saw Louise holding a glass cup in her hands.

"Louise."

"Mr. Charlie."

Looking at Louise now and remembering all the time we've spent together, both the bad and good since I met her, something hit me in the face like an epiphany.

It was crystal clear now. I liked Louise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.2K 3.2K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
118K 7.5K 61
✯Sequel to A beautiful mistake ✯ Can be read as a Stand-alone novel A fun fact about redheads. Did you know they derived their fierce temper from the...
12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
9.6K 400 32
Viscious, cruel, cold -- those are just some of the words used to describe Jade Von Kaiser, the sole heiress to the Von Kaiser fortune. Working along...