We Come So Far

By LovingSoul89

My final wattpad work is an original work based on ITV soap Barrister Babu, some tracks rewritten by me with... More

Prologue
Introduction to the Characters
Red- A Pious Beginning
All that what it is
Multitasking- II
An Initiative
Pleasing Camaraderie😍
Sailing through the valleys
No Regrets with Walnut Kheer
Stormy weather & The Stranger
Problems and Solutions❤
A Strife Before Fest
Mystical❤White Deadlock
Dilemmas & Triumph🫶
Differentiation & Integration🥰
Serendipity🌈☀
Subdue Unforeseen Cracks😶
Delectable healing

Multitasking- I

914 75 76
By LovingSoul89

Anirudh's POV

Bondita (tugging my trouser, scrunching her nose) - Ki holo bolo na? Ki hoi aatur ghor? (What happened please say? What is labor room?)

"It's nothing Bondita, go upstairs....I'll talk to you in the evening. Right now I have to rush to the court. It's late you know isn't it?" I answered bending down to her.

Bondita - But why not now? First answer and then leave for court. You are already late....5 more minutes would not make a difference Pati Babu ..

"Mishti bollam na (I said)..... go inside" I commanded angrily

Kaaka - why are you scolding her? What wrong did she ask? It's necessary for her to know after all she is a woman now. Come ma, i'll tell you. Your husband is feeling shy.

Bondita (shocked) - Shy? and Him? Since when?

"Bonditaaaa" I shouted angrily to everyone's breath getting hitched...."bollam na bhetore jete, suntey pao ni (I told you to go inside, didn't you hear?)"

Bondita gasped out of shock at my exasperated reaction.
"jacchi....jacchi (I am going). you please calm down. Bhari kaaka...please serve him the food properly. And Pati Babu please don't leave with half filled stomach.

"I heard, leave now" I nodedd, shutting my eyes trying to hold back my walls of anger from breaking down any moment now.

"Kaakaaaaaaa.....what all nonsense is this going on? and Batukkkkkk why did you jump in to congratulate for no reason?" I screeched at them in my highest decibels but only to find them least affected. All right they are used to it.

Trilochan RC - Ei shaanto ho...shaanto ho....(calm down) I had very much expected this response from you. Don't you worry. I'll handle everything. Bouma will not face any inconvenience in that room. Ei Bihari jaa toh giye 3 kilo rabri ar 3 kilo mihidaanar laddoo bole aaye Bhola'r dokaaney (Go and order 3 kilo rabri, special laddoos made of mihidaana at Bhola's sweet shop) and ask him to deliver this sharp by 6 PM, bouma loves these sweets as well"

Batuk (clapping) - I'll come with you Bihari. I saw him preparing some amazing jalebis also. Kaaka can we order some chom-chom too. Boudi loves those delicacies also. Dada just knows to feed her Roshogolla which is her first preference while kaka I have seen her smacking fingers on these sweets too."

Trilochan RC (sarcastically)- Han....Han ja order whatever delicious you find, order the entire shop. I'll buy it (pulling Batuk's right earlobe) I understand chote Zamindar. I am your kaka. It's you who want to smack your fingers upon those delicacies at the behest of your boudi.

"Hey nobody is going anywhere. Bihaaarrrrrriiiiii stop. No need to order any sweet. Kaka....Batuk....what is all this? Why on earth have you all gone so histrionic and over-reactive on such minor issue?" I asserted out of extreme frustration.

Trilochan RC (instantly holding by my shoulders)- Son....please....do not spoil our happiness. Our little Bouma has grown up so beautifully and now prepared to shower us with the fortune of a heir. It has been a decade since we heard sweet and auspicious cooing and crying of a baby in this dull environment with morose people.

"Kaaka....kaaka....what is wrong with you all. Listen to me. Sit down...5 min. Will just take 5 precious minutes of yours. Sit down. Batuk you go to your room and freshen up. Join me for lunch. No street food outside at this time of the day. Come on....leave now" I commanded Batuk while pulling Kaka's hands to make him sit and have a private conversation alone and "Bihari.....arrange the table for lunch."

Bihari nodded in agreement and began following my order while I.....

"Kaaka....kaaka...why so excited Kaka? Bondita is just 14 and she has started her periods. It's true her body will now begin to prepare itself for giving birth to a progeny. But, it's just a foundation stage, in which lots of hormonal changes occur inside a woman's body. She has to understand that first. She did not have any clue of it and being her guardian I should have informed her about it long back itself so I am responsible for the humiliation she had to meet at school. I'll go to her school tomorrow. As of now myself and Koeli have updated her along with Sumati ma....she called. Therefore, Bondita's delicate body is not prepared to tolerate the risk of a mature spouse relationship.

Now secondly, coming to my point now....let me make it clear....for once and for all....that....(pause)...I do not see Bondita in such light....she is my responsibility....just a child since I saw her first. I adore her as her guardian. I did not marry her to get a child and live a general family life with her. We have miles to go kaaka. She has a lot to achieve before moving into a family life, a self-reliant individual who'll work for a greater social cause, our dream to bring in change. Please do not drag this issue any more. I hope you understand kaaka...kakaaa..are you getting my point?" I jerked kaka whose gaze was fixated at me as if the earth beneath him is pulled away.

"Aannniiirruudddhh" Kaka blared up jumping up his seat.

"Kaka please try to...."

Trilochan RC (interrupting) - Stop Your speech now. What rubbish are talking about? You spoke...I did not interrupt. Now you listen to me without cutting me in midway.

I drew a deep sigh surrendering to the much anticipated response....yes I knew this was coming. He being a stiffbone is renowned as a hard nut to crack in Tulsipur and even in the nearby villages.

Trilochan RC (gritting his teeth) - Anirudh....son...what kind of insanity is this? You say she is not grown up yet to give birth to a child....do you know by the time Shubhra was of Bondita's age she was already a mother to you and Som. Most of the women are fit to become a mother by this age in our society. Just look around yourself. Come on Anirudh....Come out of your London hangover....its high time now you need to understand and adjust yourself to fit into this environment now. It's our tradition and we have been following it and will continue to follow this at any cost.

"Kaaka....No...first try to..."

Trilochan RC (interrupting again in a foaming tone) - Stop...let me complete first. This is not your London where women of same age will dance with men shamelessly in skimpy clothes all in the name of studying, like you tapped your feer at your convocation ball night.

" Arey kaka....Now you are going a little bit too far...what does it got to do with Bondita?" I flung up my hands up in the air getting a bit agitated now.

Trilochan RC - What wrong did i say? I know about your whereabouts very well? Remember I raised you brothers up after your mother left. You used to urinate upon my lap.

"Here we go again...same blackmail everyday on every point" I sighed out of dismay and gritted my teeth in irritation.

Trilochan RC - Anirudh....Bouma will not go to school anymore. Let her learn things that are compulsory for her. Enough of your obsession with making her a barrister. First people commenting on her clothes every next day and now making a public mockery of this very private feminine issue at school; has left no prestige of our daughter in law in society. (In a warning tone) Do not forget son....if one finger points at her. So, hundred fingers raise upon you....upon our family's reputation. You regard yourself her husband or not but the world does. Now the breach of our long preserved prestige is at stake. I can't tolerate my daighter-in-law's defamation anymore.
And...now coming to my point....you said she is not your wife...just a child whom you adore...a responsibility, right? You did not bring her for living a family life? Fine. (With an outraged look) Then do one thing...drop her to her ma at Devipur and come back. Stay a life of an ascetic and continue working over your obsession of transforming society alone....What did you say? Ah yes...greater social cause....yes...work alone, without her. I'll finance her livelihood and you don't dare to meet her like an affectionate guardian...if you don't regard her as your wife, then no use of her staying here as the RC's daughter in law.

" What?? kaka" I stood astounded at his decision "how can you speak like that? Just because I don't look upon her in that light....does that mean she is not a part of this family?"

Trilochan RC (in a trembling voice) - How can I say? Just the way you cleared it....once and for all....right? I know that young girl is more than just a daughter in law of our family. It was me who first accepted her before you....as my daughter-in-law in a true sense....and now she means more than my own daughter to me Anirudh.
I understand....I have not forgotten yet...it has not been that long.....you were engaged to Saudamini first...And myself and your father had fixed it in you two's childhood after observing your growing bond and for our benefit as well. But....son certain events in human lives cannot be decided by humans themselves. There's a greater power beyond us which decides our fate...(gazing with wailed up eyes at Dugga ma's idol) she selects the person who is meant for us and sends him/her in each other's life at a time she feels right and we can't even guess when she has that in store for us. Consequently, we being common humans have to accept her decisions because the universal mother knows whom we wish to be with us but also the one whom we need actually to survive.

"Kaka....It's not Saudamini for god's sake. Yes...I loved her since childhood...but after countering her lack of human sensibility and concocting nature....I really felt whatever happened was for greater good. But, kaka what I mean is...that Bondita has an extraordinary potential to achieve a bigger objective except a conventional wife and I am just a guide to her on her path....I cannot...." I answered in a defeated voice.

Bihari (cutting in) - Boro kortta khabar ta berey diyechi (Master i have served the food) Come have your lunch all of you.

"Coming Bihari...Let Batuk come."

Batuk (climbing down the stairs) - Ei kaaka...Dada....You all haven't started yet? Where is boudi?

Bihari - Young master...today she'll have her food in her room. She is not well.

Batuk (nodding slowly) - Han jaani...school e shob sunechi(Yes I know...I heard it all in the school itself)

Trilochan RC (frowning at me) - Heard? The news has spread like a fire in the school campus itself. By evening, the entire Tulsipur will come to know of bouma being witnessed bleeding by several porpurush. Ridiculous!! No....no...Anirudh I can't allow this...your arguments will not work this time.

"Kaka...let's continue this in the evening after I return from court. Right now...I'll just finish off my lunch and leave....I have another hearing from 3 PM....its 2: 30 here...I'll have to run...I am already too late. Come kaka...lets eat" I moved to take over my chair in the dining space with a bitter disinterest resulting out of the sudden turn of events since the last few hours.

Author's POV

Evening 8:45 pm
R C mansion

Trilochan RC - Huh!! Bihariiiii ayi bihaariii!!

Bihari (hurriedly comes joining palms) - Han bolun boro kortta (Yes...tell me elder master)

Trilochan RC - Has Anirudh reached home?

Bihari - No...not yet

Trilochan RC (with a worried frown) - Why? Why didnt he reach till now? (In his mind) I think I shouldn't have been so harsh on him in the afternoon. Poor boy!! He even did not finish his food properly and left without a word. Sssssppppp sometimes I end up speaking too much even after knowing how his wiful brain functions.

Bondita (calling from behind) - Kakashoshur moshai.... bhaari kaka...has Pati Babu come? Generally, he is home by now.

Trilochan RC (pretending to be calm) - Bouma chinta koro na (Do not worry) your pati babu got late at home when he came for lunch. As a result his work might have delayed in turn...tumi chinta koro na. Jao giye aaram koro (you do not worry....go and take rest)

Bondita - That's I have been doing since afternoon Kakasasurji... I was studying now...and Pati Babu takes our class in study at this time. But, he is still not home. When will he Come? Did anybody call at court?

Trilochan RC (starts getting up) - I'll call...

"Bihariiiii....bihariiiii" called Anirudh entering home "bihariiiii...."

Bihari - Coming young master....dekhun eshe geche choto Maalik (look young master has reached)

Trilochan RC (glaring) - We can see that

Bihari- Yes, master...

Anirudh - Go and get some water for the taxi driver, he feels exhausted.

Trilochan RC (standing up with a start) - how come taxi? Where is your motor gaadi?

Anirudh (loosening his top collar button out of weariness) - Kaka I went near the Devi Durga temple with my client on his way to Nagardeep village. And while returning my car got punctured in the middle of the road. Fortunately, I got a taxi driver who was returning from Nagardeep to Kolkata. So I asked a lift and he agreed. Had I not got him, I would have got stuck for an entire night on the isolated half broken road.

Trilochan RC and Bondita (joining palms to thank goddess) - Dhonnobad Dugga ma for ensuring his safe return.

Bondita- Pati Babu...you freshen up...I am serving your dinner.

Anirudh - No...you

Bondita (raising her palms to interrupt him) - you don't worry Pati Babu....I am absolutely fine now. I can't sit inactive. I have never been like that. Please....let me do this small job...rest all Koeli didi and bhaari babu has finished doing....i have not put my feet inside kitchen....so no cooking at all.

Anirudh nodedd and left for his room with a gentle smile.

Trilochan RC (raising his right palm to call slowly) - Bouma...come here..(bondita comes) beta I know you are curious to talk to your pati babu. But, I have something urgent to talk to him. You stay in your room and finish your dinner. I am sending your plate by koeli. Understand?

Bondita- Why? What urgent? Tell me too

Trilochan RC (nodding in a mild annoyed tone) - Bouma don't argue. Will tell you later. Shotti.

Bondita frowned at him with swelling her face out of sweet anger and left with a short disappointed face.

After dinner....

Trilochan RC (drying his hands) - Anirudh....son wait...I have to talk to you.

Wiping his hands, Anirudh looks at him with a generic smile.

Trilochan RC (holding his shoulders) - Son....amai khoma kore de...(forgive me)

Anirudh (surprised) - Kaka?? Why...you?

Trilochan RC (interrupting) - son, I was very rude to you today afternoon...I shouldn't have spoken those words....chi...chi....I am ashamed....I wondered later how could I ask you to do anything as such (trembling)....i am sorry son....I am extremely sorry.

Anirudh (releasing his hold and clutching his palms together) - Kaka....Kaka...please do not say sorry....now I am feeling ashamed.

Trilochan RC (wiping his tears) - Son....I just could not hold back my anger....So I asked you to leave Bouma....I wish my tongue should have burnt.....How could I even think of ousting our ghorer lokkhi? (Fortune of home)

Anirudh (softly) - Kaka...I understand...I know how much you love me....how much you love your Bouma....her Kakashoshur moshai can never ever dream of doing such sin. Don't I know? Didn't I see how much happy you were when Bondita reached home safely from Heera Mandi. Hhhmm....stop now. Kal shokale kotha hobe cholo....shubho ratri....(tomorrow morning we shall talk Ok? Now go to sleep, goodnight)

Trilochan RC (collecting himself) - No... son its true I spoke something very wrong in context of Bouma...But I didn't say I agree to what you said. Now...tell me how could you just dismiss Bouma as just a responsibility?

Anirudh (with a stern look) - Na kaaka ekhon na...aami Bondita r sathe dekha korte jacchi (No...uncle not. I am going to meet Bondita right now)

Trilochan RC (raising his eyebrows) - Why? is it so urgent?

Anirudh (frowned out of surprise) - Why? Can't I meet her just casually? Or is that your traditions that says a man can't meet a bleeding woman?

Trilochan RC - Yes....tradition says a bleeding woman should not see her husband.

Anirudh (shocked) - What?

Trilochan RC (grinning) - Ei na...na...relax...just relax. I said a bleeding woman is not supposed to meet her husband. But, You can meet her...after all you don't consider her as a wife (Slowly) so go....go and meet your responsibility.

Anirudh glares at him sharply but ignores and starts climbing upstairs but halts again and turns back, moving towards kaka.

Anirudh - Kaka I can quite clearly understand what you meant....I am going to Bondita.....not to break any taboo as a husband which I am not......But because, I genuinely feel a natural process in a woman's body cannot decide whome she wants to meet or not.

Trilochan RC (frowning, trying to pressing his laughter) - But son....I did not say anything....Why are you giving me any explanation?

Anirudh (slightly agitated) - Because Bondita and my bond is beyond any definition of conventional social boundary. And I'll maintain it at any cost.....till the end of our lives, (stammering) reg...ard...less of we... are.....tied up....in this marriage or not....

Thuddddd.....

Anirudh ( holding his cheek, a trail of warm tear drop making its way from a corner of his eye, staring shocked) - Kaka??

Trilochan RC - Onek boro hoi gechis....taayi na ?? (you have grown up a lot isn't it?)
(Thuddd........)
onek boro boro kotha bolte shikhechis (you have learnt to speak big flowery words I see)

Anirudh - That's what your problem is....(in a raised volume) kaaka why don't you understand?....I cannot consider Bondita like a wife...neither can I establish a general relationship of a spouse with her. In these 4 years of staying with her, it's true she has made her own place in my life....a special place in our lives....But....that doesn't mean I have begun looking upon her as a 'wi...fe' and You!!! you have even begun dreaming of your grand child!! No....(nodding vigourously) no.....That's....That's....not possible.....she is meant to fly spreading her wings....not restrict herself within these four walls...

Trilochan RC - But...son....ok.....fine. I understand your point. You want her to be educated...I accept....You want her to spread wings and fly... Setao na hoi maanlam (That too I admit) but....But son why did you just now say that you will continue to maintain this special bond of you two regardless of being tied in this marriage or not? Why? What do you mean by that?

Anirudh - kaaka I mean what I say. She entered our mansion as a 10 yr old child. And since then to till now, what I have had held in my heart is a special affection and an undying attachment for her. My love for her aims to allow her freedom. Freedom from these shackles of marriage that was imposed on her....when she was meant to pick up a painting brush and begin to learn painting the endless skies of her dream, she was in the stage of her life when she should have spent her spare time climbing the trees to eat tamarind and raw mangoes, a time to catch fishes and build mud houses for her doll.

It...it...was not a stage to tie herself to the household responsibilities or a mature relationship with a man more than 10 yrs older to her. I feel every woman in our country is entitled to a birth right to live, to learn, to grow up with dignity and then decide whom to choose as a partner for life.

But...kaka.....Bondita....did not get that opportunity....so I want to....

Trilochan RC (raising up his palm to stop him, in an agitated tone) - Bas hoiche....onek hoiche....sunechi puro ta (enough.....more than enough.....I heard it all) So you mean to say you want your wife.....oh sorry....just a responsibility to choose some other man as her husband....because when at 10 she got married to you, you did not happened to be her chosen one so she should choose someone alike her age, isn't it?

Anirudh nodedd slowly in agreement.

Trilochan RC (swallowing down the lump of pain) - Then, why did you accept her addressing you as her 'Pati Babu' All these years? Why didn't you stop her from covering her head with Ghoongto (ghunghat or pallu) and serve the food on your plate first, like a typical wife does? now please don't say you did warn her in the beginning but she or me did not listen to you, so you had to accept!! Bole dicchi. (I am telling you)

Anirudh (drawing a deep sigh) - Yes kaka as time passed by, I did get used to listening to her addressing me as her 'Pati Babu' and also got comfortable doing household works like a typical daughter-in-law of any traditional family does. But, she was managing them alongside balancing her studies.
But....now your beginning to consider her as my wife might influence and mislead her from her destination that she is meant to reach for.
And as far as I am concerned....I am repeating myself....it is wrong to accept an immature girl child as a wife because the foundation of a child marriage is unethical, at any cost. It is because, the girl did not reach the age to understand anything of the relationship she was being tied to.
Next, even if it wouldn't be me or some one else who might consider this unethically founded relationship seriously...as in...like a true marital relationship......then too I would condemn Bondita being pushed into a relationship which she is not prepared to understand physically or emotionally. Let away consummating or bearing the pain of giving birth to a child.
You said in the afternoon today that ma had become a mother by Bondita's age. But, kaka what happened next? Her body could not restore itself back from the internal physical issues that resulted as a consequence of persistent pregnancies after a few year interval, especially after Batuk's arrival.

Trilochan RC hung his head down, morose as memories of her departure re-emerged on his tearful vision, scouring his heart.

Anirudh (with lost look and fluttering eyelids)
- and then the unfortunate accident which finally separated her from all of us.....(recollecting himself, wiping out his tears) so kaka....this is why I feel, not only Bondita but every girl should choose her life partner after reaching a certain age when she is physically and emotionally intelligent enough to understand the nuances of a spouse relationship, thereby prioritize what is good or what is bad for her own self.
Coming back to me, my conscience will never approve me to accept an ill social custom indirectly, just because Bondita and myself had established an unbreakable bond between our selves.

Trilochan RC (heaving a deep sigh) - Fine then, son....if at all this is you have decided.....then I don't feel it is necessary for me to comment over your relationship now. And as you said....your conscience might never allow you to accept Bondita as your wife so considering her as a daughter in law of this family too doesn't make sense. Bondita's mind is delicate and i have observed she has gradually begun recognizing herself as your wife and daughter in law of this family which is a wrong assumption. So before it is too late.....tell her the truth and as Bouma was telling me her mother called her to invite you both at Janmashtami celebrations next week.

Anirudh nodedd slowly sideways.

"Then....then" stuttered Trilochan RC heaving deeply " drop her there, don't bring her back to our mansion, arrange for a boarding school quickly and finance her livelihood so that she can grow up to be a Barrister and reach you two's ambitious destination of bringing in significant changes here. I can't allow you both to emotionally indulge yourselves into a bond that has no certain anticipated future in the long run. Leave her.

Anirudh (yelled out of frustration) - Kaka....why don't you understand? I told you she is an integral part of our family. What is the harm if she stays here and studies? She needs my guidance kaka.

Trilochan RC - No son...if she stays here, the society and myself will consider her as your wife and a daughter-in-law of this family and not just a responsibility. Why to fan flames of hopes in a young mind which has to perish one day? Think peacefully son....go....go and meet her now. Good night

Anirudh (gasping and falling upon the sofa) - But...kaka....how can she stay there or in a boarding??

Trilochan RC (holding firmly the head of his stick) - No more hows and whys? Bondita is an intelligent child and with time she will learn to live by herself and choose a life partner when the right time comes. Take this as a command and yes I have arranged that room opposite Koeli's and from tomorrow she will stay over there untill she stops bleeding. You do not worry. I'll ensure she doesn't face any inconvenience there. Once she is purified again, she can go back to your room and stay there untill she leaves for Devipur.

Anirudh exhaled a deep sob and climbed upstairs towards Bondita's room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 481 21
A story based on barrister babu. The story will be same as the show until Annirudh's outburst on Anidita's anniversary celebration with some addition...
5.2K 257 6
I have been an ardent fan of Barrister Babu, so after reading some of the fascinating os,ts,ss on Anidita and Rudhita,I have decided to try my hand o...
79.5K 5.8K 63
This is a fan fiction based on an Indian tv series "Barrister babu " aired on Colors tv. The story's background is 1920s and it deals with perils of...
36.2K 1.7K 10
One shots series on Rudhita❤️ Before you start, I want to tell you that these one shots are purely my imagination. And there are only two years of d...