Iris - noah schnapp

By embyler

can you teach me what it feels like to be loved like an actual person? More

โ€ข prologue โ€ข
.1
.2
.3
.4
.5
.6
.7
.8
.9
.10
.11
.12
.13
.14
.15
.16
.17
.18
.19
.20
.22
.23
.24
.25
.26
.27
.28
.29
A/N

.21

834 19 11
By embyler

november 8th -

it had just been 2 days after i had watched my family get arrested. i had officially met noahs parents, but they wanted to plan a dinner for all of his family for me to feel more welcome, which i really appreciated. noah has been very supportive of me these past few nights, hes always really patient with me. i don't know how he can handle me sometimes.
his parents only had found out today that i was staying there, since noah was hiding me the first two nights for some odd reason.
i was wearing a pair of light washed boyfriend jeans with a dark grey, big button up that was half way tucked in the front with white high topped converse.
we were out at a restaurant that they go to a lot, apparently. it was pretty fancy and kind of packed since it was a saturday night.
noah and chloe were sitting directly next to me and his parents were sitting across from us.
things surprisingly weren't even awkward, i figured since they don't even know me and from how noah thinks of them, they wouldn't be easy to talk to. but they surprisingly super sweet.
they were asking about my friends, how i used to play basketball, and just random stuff about my life.
-"why did you quit?" his mother asked me.
-"i'm not sure, i think i was just busy. i'm probably rusty now from not playing in a few years." i shook my head.
-"well, we have a hoop in our backyard for noah. you can play with him and he can show you a few things." his father assured me.
me and noah made eye contact, he was sharing a cheesy, big smile with me.
-"for sure." he chuckled, drinking his water.
-"hey, this might go without saying.. but now that you're staying with us, even if you and noah are just friends.. do you mind sleeping with chloe in her bedroom?" his mother politely asked.
i could hear noah choke on his water after hearing her say that, all three of us were in a sort of shock.
-"mom." they both groaned.
-"no, of course! as long as it's okay with chloe." i finally spoke after a few moments.
-"yes! id love to share a bedroom with you." she smiled, side hugging me.
her mother smiled at the both of us hugging, chloe and i were starting to become friends the more i hung around, millie and sadie liked her too.
noah and i shared a glance with each other for a brief moment, we were both embarrassed.
his parents don't know many details about our relationship to each other, i mean.. we're dating but we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend. not yet, at least..
neither one of us told chloe about us, but shes always expected it. and with the rumors around school pretty much confirmed her suspicions.
i didn't really want his parents to know yet, neither did noah. it would make things so much more awkward.
the food was amazing, i don't think i've ate that good in a while. no wonder they always come here.

as we were in the backseat, i was sitting in the middle again and they were by my side.
i felt my phone buzzing from my bag, so i reach down to grab it and saw on the front of my screen the caller ID.

westchester county department of corrections.

the prison my family had been sent to.
i could tell noah was looking at me, i didn't want him to see. i shut my phone off and slipped it back into my bag, hoping he didn't see.
i crossed my arms and stayed silent the whole way home, i could see noah sharing brief stares from the corner of my eye, but i ignored them.
once we got to their house again, all three of us headed upstairs.
it was almost 8, i was getting ready to head to chloe's room after repacking a few things back into my bag.
my bag was sitting on his bed and my phone was on the other side towards the door, where i saw noah walking in.
i heard my phone buzzing right in front of noah, but before i could do anything he picked my phone up and checked the caller ID.
-"have they been calling you?" he asked, showing me the number.
-"yeah, i'm sure it's nothing." i said, taking my phone back and shoving it in my back pocket.
-"can't you just stop them from calling?" he asked.
-"i'll figure it out tomorrow." i sighed, wanting to run away from this conversation.
as i was about to walk past him, he stopped me by grabbing onto my shoulder and turning me back around.
-"are you alright?" he asked, calm as usual.
-"yeah, of course. sorry, i just didn't want to think about my parents today. thank you for tonight." i smiled up at him.
-"yeah, thank you for being so patient with my parents. they're so embarrassing and annoying." he rolled his eyes.
i giggled, brushing my hair back.
-"they were fine!" i smiled.
we stood there, looking at each other for a while.
i gave him a hug, feeling overwhelmed with the feeling of things turning around.
his parents were treating me just like family.
his family were making me feel so comfortable and welcome and things were going better than i thought they would.
i slowly pulled away from his arms, smiling.
-"i'll see you later." i said, starting to walk away.
-"see ya." he waved as i walked across the hall to chloe's room.
she was sitting on the side of her bed and she stood right up when i walked in.
-"hey! wanna watch euphoria with me?" she asked, in her pajamas.
-"yes! i haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet." i smiled, shutting the door behind me as i laid the bag on the floor.
-"are you serious? you haven't watched it yet? get dressed so we can start!" she giggled eagerly.

_

after we were both in our pajamas, eating popcorn in her bed, watching the show, i was falling in love with it, it was at the party scene with jules and nate on the first episode.
-"shit! this show is so crazy.." i gasped.
-"it gets worse!" she smiled, before we heard her door opening.
she quickly paused the show as her mom flipped the lights back on.
-"is everything okay in here?" she asked.
-"everything is great mom." she sighed, i could tell she was getting annoyed and wanted to keep watching the show.
-"you feeling okay, y/n? do you need anything?" she asked.
-"i'm great! thanks." i greeted her with a smile, before she shared one back to us and walked out of the room.
chloe immediately unpaused the show once the lights flipped off and the door shut.

_

i woke up in the middle of the night from hearing constant banging noises coming from outside.
i groaned, getting annoyed by the noise, standing up and checking out the window.
noah was outside, shooting baskets by himself.
i checked my phone, it's dark and late, why is he doing that at 12?
i didn't want to stay there and wait for him to stop, so i got redressed into a plain black tank top and grey sweat pants and a pair of old crocs and walked outside after a few minutes of waking up.
he saw me walking out the back door and held the ball in his hands.
-"shit, did i wake you?" he gritted his teeth.
-"it's fine, what are you doing?" i asked, pressing my hands on my hips.
-"i couldn't sleep, i wanted to drain some energy." he answered, shooting a free throw and making it, trying to impress me.
he gave me a cheesy grin before running to get the ball.
-"mind if i join you?" i asked, laughing at his ridiculous smile.
he turned around, smiling before bouncing the ball to me.
i dribbled it once before shooting a free throw from the side, making it in.
he nodded his head, smiling.
-"not bad." he says, taking the ball.
-"1 on 1" i sighed, checking him up.
he took the ball, trying to get passed me, but it wasn't easy for him.
it took him a while before he got passed me and shot a layup.
i shook my head as he checked me up, i dribbled the ball while running across from him.
he was trying to block me from shooting by standing in front of me.
-"stop!" i laughed, before he stole the ball from me.
he was running to make a fadeaway, but i blocked it and grabbed the ball and shot a layup.
-"how did you jump that high??" he shrieked, surprised.
-"years of practice." i chuckled, taking the ball.
-"you're good! like good good." his eyes widened.
-"i kind of miss basketball." i sighed.
-"you should join the team this year." he told me, as i checked him up.
-"i don't know.."
-"c'mon, the sign up sheet is in the athletic directors office. i'd come to all of your games." he assured me.
-"you would?" i asked.
-"hell yeah! i'd pay 100 bucks to see you play." he smiled, trying to get passed me.
as he tried to run and dodge me, i snagged the ball while he was dribbling and started running up to the hoop.
he ran fast up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, trying to steal the ball from me.
-"get off of me!!" i shrieked, giggling while trying to run away from him.
i eventually got to the other corner of the court and he tried to block my shot, but i pushed him with both hands before shooting a corner shot.
-"you can't do that!! that's a foul!!" he yelled, forming his hands into a time out sign.
-"my point, you can't do that." he shook his head, joking around but looking serious.
i laughed at his facial expression as he snatched the ball out of my hands.
-"rematch." he ordered, checking me up.
-"whatever you say." i chuckled, taking the ball, trying to get out of his way.
he was jerking at me, making me jump and laugh.
-"hurry up!!" he clapped his hands jokingly.
i dribbled the ball under his legs and ran behind him to grab the ball and shot it.
-"i'm going easy on you!" he held his hands up.
-"yeah right." i chuckled, before he nudged me.

_

we played for hours, but it didn't seem long for us.
we were both getting tired, but we were so determined to beat each other.
i took the ball and he did the same thing he did earlier, stood behind me and smothered me, trying to get the ball.
he was wrapping his arms around my side, trying to grab it, but i wouldn't let him get ahold of it.
he started ticking the top side of my stomach, making me drop the ball, laughing and turn around towards him.
he was just inches away from my face, holding onto my back.
we wouldn't break eye contact, our smiles eventually faded. no matter what, we just stood there.
staring at each other's eyes, sharing quick glares at each other's lips.. before it happened.
he slowly leaned in and kissed me.
my hands wrapped around his neck, deepening the kiss.
i never wanted it to be over, i almost even forgot where we were and what we were doing just because he was all i could think about.
his arms were completely wrapped around my waist, pulling me in closer to him.
i wished it never ended, our first kiss together was better then i thought it would be.
after we both slowly pulled away, we were exchanging breaths, still at least an inch away from each other's face.
-"you're sweaty." i whispered, before a smile grew quickly on both of our faces.
he wiped his forehead with his shirt, embarrassingly smiling.
-"want to go back now?" he asked, still smiling at me, as i nodded and we both walked inside together.
as we were in the upstairs hallway, we stopped again.
-"i'll see you in the morning, alright?" he said, giving me the same eye contact.
-"see ya." i smiled, before turning around to walk back to chloe's room.
i could feel his eyes burning into my back as i walked in, chloe was still asleep even when i shut the door.
i grabbed a pillow and squealed inside of it, excited and internally freaking out.
i just kissed noah schnapp for the first time.

{NOAHS POV}

i walk into my bedroom, slowly shutting the door behind me and leaning my back against it.
i didn't even feel the smile that grew on my face when i thought about what just happened.
i just kissed y/n l/n.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1.1K 7
{ short story } Crushes can be so bittersweet.
1.2K 12 17
ยป ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด. โงผ แถœแต’แตแต–หกแต‰แต—แต‰แตˆ โˆš โงฝ