.19

it didn't take me a while to realize the person i had hit, i cared for so dearly.
it was y/n.. i didn't get a good look at her, but i could tell it was her.
-"FUCK!" i yelled, jumping out of the car and running over to her on the floor.
she was laying on her side with her face facing away from me.
-"y/n.. i'm so sorry! y/n, sit up!" i frantically helped her sit up, and that's when i saw her face.
there was blood dripping down her forehead, and swelling on her lip.
i did not do that.
i didn't hit her hard enough to cause that much damage.
she looked gazed and confused on what just happened, i started to panic.
-"y/n, are you okay?! did i hurt you??" i asked, shaking up a bit.
-"no.. i'm fine." she replied, looking like she was about to burst into tears.
she looked terrified.. what was she running from?
it didn't take me long to come to a conclusion of what happened.
her parents.
she started crying softly, i almost couldn't notice it. but when i did, i pulled her into my arms, still sitting on the concrete floor in the pitch black darkness outside.
she was shaking, she seemed so scared and hurt.
how could someone do such a thing?
and to her?
why her?
shes such a good person.

_

i was in my kitchen, applying a bandage to y/ns forehead where she had a wound at.
it wasn't too big, surprisingly, from how much it was bleeding.
y/n hasn't explained anything to me, and i couldn't bring myself to ask.
mostly because i already had a feeling who it was.
after i had fixed her up, i turned around to put the first aid back under the sink.
i looked at her face, she was still upset.
i pulled up a chair and sat across from her.
-"y/n, we have to tell someone."
-"no!" she shrieked, looking up at me.
-"y/n, im not gonna sit back and watch you getting hurt!" i yelled, hoping my parents couldn't hear me from upstairs.
-"you can't!" she said, shakily.
i stood up from the chair, walking over to my phone to dial 911, but she ran up to me and stole my phone.
-"what the hell, y/n?! give me my phone back!" i scoffed.
-"youre not calling the police!!" she shrieked, throwing my phone on the couch.
i tried to run towards it, but she grabbed my arms and pulled me back to her.
i looked back at her, i could see the pain and fear in her eyes.
-"please dont." she whispered.
-"why?" i asked, growing concern.
why does she not want to get rid of this?
-"just don't." she shook her head, looking to the ground.
-"why?? why are you condoning this?? i seriously want to know! why are you letting yourself stay in such an abusive household??" i raised my voice slightly.
-"BECAUSE I LOVE THEM!!" she yelled back, tears falling from her face.
she quickly wiped them away before sitting down on the couch, crossing her arms.
i slowly walked over to her, sitting next to her, looking at her and waiting for her to speak.
-"you wouldn't understand." she mumbled.
-"give me a try." i nudged her, making her look at me for a brief second before looking at her lap.
-"things used to be so good between me and my family, i honestly don't know where everything went wrong. but, the thing is.. i used to adore them. even then, when my parents would come home drunk and angry. even now, with everything they've done to me. they're my only family i've ever known. millie and sadie's parents can't take care of me all the time like they used to when we were kids. my brother and parents are all i have.. without them, what am i supposed to do? i have nowhere to go." her voice cracked.
-"thats a bunch of bull." i scoffed before she looked up at me.
-"you have me. you can stay here for as long as you need to! hell, move in. my parents would enjoy the company and my sister and i wouldn't mind. in fact, she'd love the idea of living with another girl her age." i informed her.
-"no, i cant ask you to do that." she shook her head.
-"you're not asking. and i know you're going to get upset at me for saying this, but your parents don't care about you. if they did, we wouldn't be here. i can assure you, y/n, they will be rotting in a cell if the police find out about this. i want to do this for you because i care about you!" i said, starting to get emotional.
she looked up at me again, but for a longer period of time.
-"i care so much for you and your safety. i want nothing more then you to be happy in safe. i know it's going to be hard to let them go, but you have to. it's time. you're not going back to that house ever again, alright?" i sat closer to her, looking at her as she looked down again.
she wouldn't look up at me.
i grabbed her hand. her cold, soft hand, making her look up at me.
-"you're safe with me." i whispered, looking her in the eye.
her eyes were filling up with tears quickly, falling down right away on her red tinted cheeks.
i pulled her into another hug as she quietly sobbed into my shoulder.
-"it's going to be okay.." i assured her, whispering in her ear.
god.
i hate seeing her like this.

_

after y/n took a shower, i insisted she take my bed to sleep in and id sleep in the living room.
she wore a one of my hoodies and a pair of my sisters gym shorts i found in her drawer.
she laid in my bed as i sat next to her on the side.
-"are you sure you don't want your bed?" she asked.
-"no, stop asking!" i chuckled as she did.
-"thank you, noah. for everything, you're always there for me."
-"ill always be here for you." i replied, smiling down at her.
she smiled, covering her face a bit with my blanket.
-"are you okay now? you're not too cold? too hot?"
-"im okay." she smiled, nodding her head.
i smiled, standing up from the bed and walking towards the door, but turning around to look at her.
her back was now turned to me.
-"goodnight y/n." i said, before walking out and shutting the door behind me.
as i started walking downstairs, my phone started ringing.
i checked my phone, it was 10 and i had 14 missing calls from chloe.
shit, i forgot about her!
as i was about to run out, i noticed y/ns blood on my shirt. i quickly ran to my room and pulled a hoodie over me, before running out the door and to my car to pick chloe up.
once i got there, chloe was waiting outside.
she looked completely fine and sober, which confused me.
she looked angry too.
she got inside the car, slamming the door shut.
-"dont slam my door."
-"shut your damn mouth, noah!" she yelled, before noticing a red mark on the door handle.
-"is that blood??" she asked, looking up at me.
-"i have something to tell you, chloe.."