.11

the next day, i walked out of my fifth period class and to my locker, getting cold from someone walking into the front doors and letting the cold air in.
i walked to my locker as my friends walked up behind me and hung their hands on my shoulders trying to catch up with me.
-"hey, with everything going on with abbie, the boys offered to let us sit with them." Sadie informed.
-"dont they sit with like 10 other guys? would we even have room?" I shoved my books into my locker, starting to walk with them.
-"no, it would just be us six since they offered to move." millie replied.
-"sure, its better than sitting with abbie i guess." I said as we walked downstairs to the cafeteria.
as i followed millie and sadie to the table where finn, caleb, and noah were sitting all next to each other.
we all sat there, talking and socializing with each other like normal. noah kept on giving me weird and concerning glances, as if he wanted to say something. i didnt want to out him about it, so i ignored it.
-"are you guys going to the party tomorrow? its at noahs since his parents wont be home." caleb asked.
-"yeah, what time does it start?" i ask.
-"y/n, you're going to that?" noah asked, looking surprised.
-"well, yeah? i have nothing better to do." i said, confused on the way he was acting.
-"anyways, people should start showing around 9." finn replied for noah.
-"cool, we'll be there at 10." millie smiled, giving me a brief side hug and holding onto my shoulder.

_

after lunch, my friends left ahead of me.
i was walking down the hall when noah walked up to my side.
-"are you sure everything's alright?" he asked.
-"yeah, im sure. why are you acting so weird?" i ask after replying to his question.
-"im not!" he defended.
-"what are you wearing to the party?" i asked, walking next to him.
-"thats a surprise." he replied, looking away from me smiling.
i look up at his hat, adjusting it to the side, jokingly, before walking away from him and upstairs to my locker.
once i opened it, i saw a note taped on the inside door.
i ripped it off and read what the note had said.

"whore."

i looked around to see anyone who couldve wrote this, is this a joke?
people are so stupid.
is this because of bryce?
i crumble it up and throw it in the trash as i walked to my next class.
math.
i walked in and sat at my usual seat, next to noah.
i loved this class, but I started loving it more since noah was in it.

the teacher was explaining the new lesson we we're moving on to, i tried my best to listen and figure out what she was saying but couldnt understand any of it.
we were learning logarithms, and she was moving on really quickly since everyone understood it.
-"okay, since it seems like everyone is understanding.. im going to pass out a worksheet with just a few questions to see where you're at. it is due this time tomorrow." she said, passing out the papers.
i hated this subject so much, it was only fun when you knew what you were doing. i dont know what im doing at all.
as we started the homework, the first question was pretty easy since there was an example in the corner of the paper, but as i continued after a few minutes, the harder and harder they got.
i was stuck on question 3.

log, (4x - 7)  = log, (x + 5)

i didnt want to say nothing to the teacher in case i were to get in trouble, so i raised my hand to ask for help.
she walked over to me and bent down so i could speak to her, i didn't want other people around me to hear even though a few other people were raising their hands in need for help.
i just found it embarrassing.
-"im stuck on question three." I said, pointing to the problem.
before she could speak, the person next to me spoke instead.
-"i can help her, if that's alright?" Noah offered, knowing their were other people that needed help.
-"thank you, noah. that would be nice of you." the teacher smiled, walking away, leaving me with noah.
-"question 3, right?" he asked, moving his desk closer to mine.
-"how do you not understand this? it's so easy!" he laughed at me.
-"would you shut up?" i demanded.
-"okay, all you do is subtract 4 and 7. which is 3, right?" he looked at me as i nodded.
-"then you multiply 3 and 4, and you get 12. so, whats the answer?" he asked, giving me my pencil back.
-"oh, 4." i gasped, writing my answer down.
-"see? easy." he said, smiling at me.
-"thanks." I smiled back at him, but feeling eyes burning through my back made me feel uneasy.
i turned around and saw abbie glaring at noah and i, i slowly turned back around to my paper and finished it, with noah checking to see if i was doing everything correctly.

_

after school, noah stopped me before i could walk out the door by gently grabbing my arm.
-"hey, you sure you're okay?" he asked, looking me in the eye.
-"yeah, i will be." i smiled at him, before walking away a few moments later.
as i was walking behind the building, i felt someone tightly wrapping their hand around my wrist and pulling me back.
-"hey, wait up y/n." abbie smiled, standing with paige and addy.
i looked at all of them, paige was crossing her arms smiling while addy was just standing there, uncomfortably looking at the floor.
-"do you need something?" I ask, pulling my hand away from her.
-"i dont need you running around with noah wrapped around your fingers anymore, you're not going to ruin my chances with him." she firmly looked me in the eye, but i laughed straight in her face after a few seconds, realizing she was serious.
-"you thought you ever had a chance with him? you had your chance at the dance and you ruined it" i laughed, turning around and walking back home.

_

that night, i was watching netflix in my room on my laptop around 11 pm when i got an imessage text on my screen from noah.

[noah] hey.

[y/n] hi.

[noah] want to ft? :)

i smiled at my screen, before clicking the facetime button at the top of my screen, which he answered within 2 seconds.
he was in his bedroom in the dark with earbuds in, and a bright smile plastered onto his face when he saw mine.
-"hey!" i giggled.
-"hi!" he replied, sitting up in his bed.

we sat there, talking and joking around with each other for about over an hour, entertaining ourselves.
i was struggling to stay awake, and noah had left the room for a few seconds.

{NOAHS POV}

i walked downstairs to the kitchen to grab a cold bottle of water since i was thirsty, i felt like i was really starting to like y/n. just the thought of her made me smile and happy.
i noticed my parents already left for manhattan since their car wasn't here anymore, which meant they were gone for the the rest of Halloween weekend, thankfully.
i walked back upstairs to my bedroom and shut the door.
-"im back, y/n!" i said, walking towards my bed and not hearing a response.
-"y/n?"
i look at the screen and see her, laying on her side facing me, sleeping.
it was almost 1 am, i smiled at the sight of her. i turned my light back off and took 2 facetime photos of her before laying down, facing the screen and falling asleep as well.
i really want to take her out again, our last date was fun to me. i want to take her somewhere better, like the roller rink.
i feel like im starting to fall for her more.
i wonder what shes going as for halloween tomorrow..?