Fearless - Ashley Sanchez

By uswnts_fav2021

{COMPLETE} Kyla Ripley and Trinity Rodman have been best friends for 13 years - since they were 6 years old... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 19

549 20 1
By uswnts_fav2021

I heard a knock on my door, and I put down the hair straightener to go answer. 

"Hey Hatchy!" I said, opening the door. 

"Hey Kyla! Are you excited?" 

"Super." I said. "Why don't you come in, make yourself comfortable. Do you want anything to eat or I have water, lemonade, no soda though. I don't like it." 

"I'm fine. We can eat at the park." 

"Alright. Let me go-" 

"Before you go,  look what I got you!" Hatch reached into her bag and pulled out a Nationals jersey. 

"Wow! This is awesome! Thanks!" I said. 

"Turn it around." 

I looked at the back of the shirt, and I smiled. 

"Dude this is awesome! Thank you so much!" I gave her a hug. 

On the back, it had an 8, which was my soccer number, but instead of a player on the Nationals, it said my last name, Ripley. 

I went into the bathroom to finish straightening my hair and I put the jersey on and we left for the stadium. 

"So have you been to a Nationals game before?" She asked me. 

"Nope. I've been to other teams but never the Nats." 

"Well this is gonna be fun then." 

"It really will." 

"And did I tell you I have tickets to batting practice?" 

"NO!" 

"Well I do!" She smiled. 

"I can't wait!!" 

----------

Trinity's POV

While Kyla was at the baseball game with Hatch, I figured I would go hang out with Ashley and we could order pizza and play Fifa or something. 

But instead, right before I called her, I got a text from Tara. 

'Trinity. I have a plan. '

'What is it?'  I replied. 

Come over right now. 

Can you just tell me? Who does this even concern? 

Just come over. 

Why can't you just tell me? 

Then I got a call from her, and I answered. 

"Come to my house right now." Tara said. 

"Why can't we just talk over the phone?" 

"Because I need you in person." 

"Why?" 

"Trinity." 

"What???" 

"Just come over please." 

I was genuinely confused as to why she was so set on me coming over. 

"I swear if you're gonna try any funny business on me, I thought we were officially done with that-" 

"It's not that. I swear." She said. 

"Fine." I sighed, and hung up. 

----------

Kyla's POV

When we got on the field, I looked around in awe of how big the stadium was around me. 

We were stuck in one section to watch batting practice, and it was so fun to see it from the field level. 

"Excuse me?" Hatch said to a random guy. "Can you take a picture of us?" 

"Sure." He took her phone from her, and we made sure we were posed in a spot with a good background that showed the field. 

"Thanks sir." She said. "DO you mind taking one of us facing the field?" 

"Sure." 

We turned to face the field. 

"Ash, make sure my hair isn't covering my name." I said. 

She moved some of my long brown hair out of the way, then she faced the other way for a picture. 

"You guys are Ashley Hatch and Kyla Ripley from the Washington Spirit, aren't you?" Asked the guy, giving the phone back. 

"Yeah. That's us." 

"Do you mind if I get a picture with you for my daughter? We're huge fans of the Spirit. She never misses a game." 

"That's adorable!" I said. 

"Have you guys been to a game?" Ash asked. 

"We came last season a bunch of times. But we haven't been for the challenge cup this year. And Kyla, you're killing it so far this season." 

"Thanks!" 

"Let's do you a favor." Said Hatch, then she looked around the field, as if looking for someone.

Then she found a player she knew somehow, and she got him to give us 2 baseballs to sign for the guy's daughter. 

"This is so awesome of you guys. She's gonna go nuts! Thanks so much!" 

"No problem! Hope to see you at a game sometime soon." Hatch said. 

The guy walked away, and I smiled at Hatch. 

"I haven't actually come across a fan in public yet before this guy." I said. 

"You will. You've got a whole world of potential ahead of you. Let me tell you this. Trinity, Kelley, and Ashley talked you up to Vlatko, who asked about you. I wasn't there at that point, but Kelley told me. That's a good sign." 

"Wait really? Ashley said something nice about me?" 

"I'm pretty sure." 

"Wow." I said. "That's weird." 

----------

We enjoyed the rest of batting practice, not thinking about Ashley Sanchez or national team call ups, just hanging out and talking baseball. 

We went up to our seats, which were perfect for catching home run balls, and I got upset that I didn't bring a glove. 

"You can have mine." Hatch gave me hers, which was way too big on my tiny hand, but I thanked her a million times and wore it anyway. 

In the first inning, Juan Soto hit a home run right to center field, and I leaned over the edge of the fence or whatever that thing is to catch it. 

I was on the jumbotron, and after they showed the replays of the hit, they showed one of me catching it and showing it to Ash. 

When they were fielding, we went to go get some food since we were hungry. 

My dad texted me and said he was watching the game, and he saw my catch. I showed the text to Hatch, who laughed while we were in line for food. 

"So your dad's a big baseball guy, huh?" She asked. 

"Huge." 

"That's cool. Why don't you get him something while we're here?" 

"That's a good idea." 

We made it back to our seats before they started batting again, and we ate as a few guys got hits and runners on base. But there were no runs scored in this inning, so no home runs hit. 

When they were fielding, I went to go get something for my dad. I got myself a hat (I couldn't resist) and I got him a T-Shirt. By the time I got back, they were hitting. 

In the seats behind us, I saw a boy with his hat and his glove, ready to catch a home run. He was cheering loudly and it was adorable. 

Almost immediately after they git in the inning, Nelson Cruz hit a home run. Right to me. 

I caught the ball, and then I turned around, stepped over a few chairs and gave the ball to the little kid behind us. 

He looked so happy, like he was going to cry, and I gave him a high five. He thanked me a million times, and his parents smiled at me. 

I went back to sit down next to Hatchy, and she smiled at me. 

"Seeing that kid's smile's gotta be the highlight of my night." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 826 15
"Alessia, what can you tell us about your new teammate?" "Y/n is an incredibly skillful player. She's a diligent and prolific worker and i'm incredib...
26.9K 936 63
Katie Callahan, a young, talented and hardworking soccer player, was kicked out of her house for choosing to follow her professional soccer dreams. T...
687K 12.2K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...
192K 2.7K 69
Loving isn't so easy when you have to stay on the down low. Ashlyn and Ali, best friends and team mates for the US National Team and D.C. Spirit even...