Closed Gaps

De ambievertfaria

🚫🚫 NOW DISCONTINUED 🚫🚫 Kim Namjoon is a 26 year old single father of Kim Yeji and a company owner. Namjoo... Mais

Author's Note (◍•ᴗ•◍)
Characters ♡
Chapter 1: Alarm Clock
Chapter 2: Family Sunday
Chapter 3: Rainy Memories
Chapter 4: Colourful Date
Chapter 5: Confession
Chapter 6: Refreshing Pain
Chapter 7: Negative Nostalgia
Chapter 8: First Kisses
Chapter 9: Highschool
Chapter 10: Cherry Blossoms
Chapter 11: Tears as Rain
Chapter 12 : Touch the smile
Chapter 13: Worst Times
Chapter 15: Stand by Me
Chapter 16: Hollow

Chapter 14: Camellias and Promises

63 1 0
De ambievertfaria

Namjoon's Pov

"Hi Appa!" Yeji smiled through the other side of the camera as we were video calling eachother.

"Hello, Sweetie. Did you reach Yoongi's house well? How was school?" Hearing the mention of school, Yeji seemed a little distracted. Something had clearly happened there I thought.

"School was nice! When are you coming back?" She smiled again but this time, the dimples didn't appear.
Something did happen in her school. I'll have to ask Yoongi about it.

"I'm coming back in dinner, honey. I'll bring someone today, okay? I want you two to meet "

There, I've finally said it. It was easy saying it, why did I drag this for months.

"Who's he? Is he a friend?" She asked instantly with eyes wide and small smile. Curious Kitten.

"How do you know it's a He though. It could be a She!" I teased
"That...I don't know" Yeji pouted

"Should I bring something over for you? Anything at all?" I asked instead

"Yes! My mint flavoured toothpaste!" Her eyes glittered as she mentioned her favourite toothpaste..eh

"And I'll think about it" I mumbled looking away.

"Papa! You promised!" She squinted her eyes at me.

"Yah Yuri! Give me my phone and stop yelling at your father" Yoongi appeared, shaking his head her

"But Yoongi he won't give me my toothpaste! And who's Yuri?" Yeji whispered

"My grandma" Yoongi replied and I could hear giggles filling the scene

"Namjoon-ah, feels like it's been weeks since I saw you. How is everything going?"
"Work stress, hyung. Life's so hard!" I frustratedly yelled.

I always felt really comfortable sharing my frustration with Yoongi hyung, he was the best at understanding these things. He always knew what to say, in what situations. I'm always grateful for having him in my life.
[The author is too :(]

"It'll be alright. You're great at this and you've handled these all before. What's to-"

"Hyung, I love you but stop with the philosophies. Yeji gets on everything you and Jin hyung do" I explained frowning.

"Well obviously. She stays with us most of the time. Oh! By stay, I forgot to ask when are you bringing your fiancée?" Yoongi grinned mischievously.

"Ah, the dinner thingy? Yeah, I'm coming. Heard Jin hyung already bought all of the groceries so I can't say no" I made a zipping motion with my mouth.

"That guy acts like the groceries would go to waste if we don't have the dinner" Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Yoongi Poongi! Where's the cake you talked about that time? I'm hungry! Feed me, feed me!"

"Looks like you have to go, hyung. Feed her something but not too sweet okay?"

"Fine, fine. I'll see what I can do, she likes sweets too much. Such a grandma"
"Don't talk about my daughter like that!" I playfully defended

"I would and you know that! Anyways gotta go, looking forward to meet your husband"
"Would be husb-

-band" I finished when he already cut the line, making me sigh. 

I've never once regretted the decision of keeping Yeji with me. There were difficulties, of course. But to this day, I've made it. I have thought of ending it all, but something always kept me apart from it. Sometimes Yeji, sometimes my family, friends.

It wasn't once myself though. That's still a boomer to me. I don't appreciate me enough. Never learned to.
I've been bullied since highschool, had luxuries, loving parents but I guess not even love can save you from your destiny. Taehyung always was the one to ruin me back then.

Somehow, it all changed in highschool where I fell in love with him. I can't bring myself to lie and say that those years of dating Taehyung was my worst years because it isn't. I hate myself that even to this day, he still makes me want to end my life.
I was so naive for falling in love with him.
I don't how did I find myself back in those situations after 3 years.

3 years aren't that long, I know. But these 3 years changed me the way I never knew I would've. I was happy, happy that I'm moving on.. it's what that matters right? Life's full of work and stress but I was happy today.
I had good feelings once in many years.

A new start is again beginning, huh? I let out a sigh, smiling at the noon sky. Sun was ready to fade, meaning it's gonna be evening in a while. Shit..I didn't inform Jimin about our dinner. Shit, shit, shit. Fuck, how could I be so dumb?

I grabbed my phone, looking through my contacts until I found his number. It ringed two times after I heard someone speaking.
"Hmm?" A voice hummed softly making me confused but also giggle at how adorable the hum was.

"Not even a proper hello, am I that horrible?" I teased

"Mhmm! I'm eatin'" He babbled out, clearly humming still

"Oh? Should I call some other time?" I chuckled, kinda feeling bad that the call couldn't last long. I wanted to keep talking with him, hear him mumble gibberish.
Anything would work really. Jesus, what the fuck happened to you, Namjoon?

"No! I'm done eating. We can talk now"

"Mhmm, well I had a proposal" I smiled as saying so

"What proposal? Are you asking me to marry you this week, Mr Kim? Isn't it too soon?" Jimin giggled while teasing.

"Sure, sure. We'll get to that very soon judging by how Eomma is rushing me"

"Is that so? My parents have been rushing me too, if that relieves you. They already asked if I could design our wedding suits..God I'm so embarrassed"

"Aha, well can you? I didn't know you designed suits too"

"I don't usually but I know how to. So I don't think I'm designing ours. I can't look more clowner than I already am"

"Oh, shut it. I told you so many times to not call yourself those. Jimin-ah..."

"Hyung, ignore all those please? Talk about your proposal " He changed the subject and I didn't drag it further.

"Right, um.. We're having a dinner at Seokjin Hyung's today. They wanted to meet you and Yoongi hyung got an off too. So, are you free? It's totally okay if you aren't we can arrange this some other day, it really -

"I'll come! Can you pick me, though? My car's at the garage since two days"

"Of course! I'll pick you up at 7?" I asked as a smile formed in my face.

"That'll work. Will Yeji be there too?"

"She mostly stays at Hyung's so yeah"

"Great! What should I wear? Is there any dress code or something at all? I don't want to look like an outsider.."
I could hear the adorable pout forming in his face as if he was disturbed.

"Wear anything you like, you'll look good. There isn't any dress code really. It's just us, you know? Don't sweat it too much, Mochi"

"Still, it's technically my first time meeting your friends. What if they don't like me? That would be so bad, Joonie! What if Yeji doesn't like me? Aw! That's-"

"Mochi, Mochi, Mochi, it's just a dinner nothing else, I swear! Jin and Yoongi will like you. You'll see it yourself, don't think about it much and get ready, okay? I'll come pick you up at 7! Bye!"

"Bye, See you " He replied in a small voice and I cut the call, letting out a sigh.

I knew he'd take this dinner as a some sort of interview. He might or might not have mentioned that interviews are one of his worst nightmares.
Back at the moment, I only chuckled at response.

I already knew Yoongi and Jin hyung will like him. Everyone from my family seemed to like him. Eomma, Appa, Nayeon and Lisa too! I can't believe she's also a fan of his.
She rarely likes anyone working in similar industry as hers.

Although, I was quite nervous about Yeji liking him. Surely, she picks a liking to whoever she meets but what if there's exceptions? Am I any better at thinking negative than Jimin? I asked myself. We both just can't be like this together!

When I was done checking all the files and clearing them up, I left the office. Arriving at my house, I took a shower than got dressed for the dinner. I didn't feel like wearing glasses so I put on contacts, they were less comfortable than glasses but who cares.
I wore a white shirt with jeans because they were the most comfortable. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time, my eyes still on my completely faded purple hair. It had been months since Yeji noticed my hair and I still haven't re-dyed them yet. I just couldn't get time and all. I locked the house, mentally noting that I did. It took me 15 minutes or so to reach Jimin's apartment.

To Mochi 💫:
I'm outside your apartment :D
Are you ready yet?
                                        From Mochi 💫:
                           Yes, yes I'll be out now!

I smiled at my phone, getting out of the car. Hey, I at least had to see him properly. I'm not in a rush so why not.
I took out the pink camellias I brought for Jimin. Ah, I found these with so much difficulty. Almost all of the flower shops I've visited had no camellias.
Recently I've been reading certain Floriography books to find more about flowers. Well, it's not like I'm obsessed with flowers. It was just a hobby.
Camellias meant adoration, love and longing.

Just as I started giving thoughts to the flower's symbol, I saw Jimin coming out of his apartment.

"Hi Hyung! Am I late or am I late? Sorry it took so long, I couldn't find my sweater it was at the drier!" He babbled out, frowning.

I quickly hid the camellias behind me, smiling sheepishly as I looked at him. He looked fucking beautiful. A lime green sweater underneath a cremé shirt with jeans. His outfit was casual but he looked...so so pretty.

"Joonie? Do I look bad? Omo, should I change mmm?" He pouted unknowingly, one of his earrings glinting in the dim light.

"You look great honestly, I was just silent for a second. Appreciating the beauty as they'd say"
Jimin blushed deep red by the compliment.

"You make things way too cheesy, I swear" he giggled, attempting to hit me in the shoulders.

"I can't cook, if you must know. So that's out of the way and you do look good why wouldn't I say it" I mumbled

"Here, these are for you!" I gave the flowers to him finally.

"Woah, camellias? They look pretty!" His eyes widening catching the flowers.

"Not more than you though" I giggled, kind of surprised of my sudden confidence.
[Namjoon's a fucking flirt, lol]
"Aish, stop it and get in. Aren't we getting late?"

"We have the whole night, don't worry, Mochi " I said smirking, putting my arms around his neck, looking him in the eyes.
In the dim light, I could still see him blushing, eyes roaming around everywhere but me. Finally he looked me in the eyes.

My breath hitched, he was looking at me so adoringly, I could sense it. Then Jimin smiled, eyes turning into crescent moon as he did it. He looked so beautiful, so angelic. I cupped his face with one of my hand as his eyes went to my lips. Oh, he was totally checking me out.

Before I could process anything else, he pressed his soft lips against mine. It was a really soft kiss and I didn't even know how much I've craved it. I put my free hand around his waist, squeezing it as I deepened the kiss.
"Fuck it, we have to go" I said breathing heavily after breaking the kiss. Jimin shyly smiled, nodding.
I walked to my car, opening the car door for him. He just chuckled.

"These flowers are really nice. Thank you for these. Do you know what Camellias symbolise?" Jimin asked as I started driving. I nodded slowly, answering with the meaning.

"Do you feel love towards me, hyung?" He replied, looking me in the eyes. I looked back at the road, taking a moment to answer.

"Maybe? But I do like you, Jimin-ah. A lot, it's driving me crazy how soon everything's happening" I chuckled in sarcasm

"Do you dislike these changes? Do you feel like you need more time?"
"Mmm, I don't think I have any choice"

"No, let's just ignore our parents. Do you personally need time for this? Like, dating and stuff?" He asked again, carefully this time

I gave it a thought. Time was a hectic thing on it's own. It's true that it's been months since I've dated but was I ready for marriage? After what happened? I didn't believe in love, hope anything. What the fuck happened in these months to get me thinking into these?
I didn't even believe in fate back then. But now, now I think universe is giving me a chance? To live? Or are these butterflies in my stomach when I'm with Jimin are just my hallucinations? I know, I like him but today, the way I felt after looking at him, kissing him?

These were nostalgia.. I've felt this feeling before too. With Taehyung.
I know Jimin isn't like him, he can't be.

"Joonie? Are you with me?" Jimin's soft voice broke me out of trance. I looked at him, there was worry and concern written over his face. Eyes full of hope..I can't break that. I can't ruin this, him trusting me.

I know if I said yes he wouldn't say anything. But he will doubt me, himself. It's been months since I know him but I read people well. Especially in these years. I didn't want him to doubt himself. I knew he'd think he isn't better for me, oh god I'm in a mess.

"We're here" I said stopping the car, getting out. I opened the door for Jimin again as he got out.

"Should I keep these here?" He mumbled gesturing at the flowers.

"Ah, keep them there. Nothing would happen they're fresh"
[I'm sorry, idk if the flowers will die or not :/]

We got in front of the door, when I was about to ring the bell, Jimin stopped me, putting his hand on my wrist.
"Wait! What if they don't like me? I don't think this is good idea. Your friends and Yeji won't like me, hyung!" He frowned

"Jimin-ah, they would like you! Who said they wouldn't? You've met Seokjin before, it's just Yoongi hyung and Yeji you're meeting and trust me, they're also cool. Nothing would happen, honey" I reassured him, cupping his face as I gave a soft kiss on his pout. Blushing, Jimin pushed me away with a frown still on his face.

"Hyung! Stop distracting me, I'm already nervous as it is!" He whispered yelled.

"Oh? More excuses to distract you then" I playfully smirked, leaning in but I couldn't kiss him, he pushed me away giggling.

"Ah-" before I could say anything he already rang the bell.

"Aish, ruined the moment" I mumbled to myself as Jimin kept giggling.

"So sorry, hyung" he blinked oh-so innocently with a mischievous smile.

"Oh my god , would you look at that? I thought you guys got into a zombie apocalypse!" Jin hyung gasped dramatically, opening the door. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Papa! Don't believe Jinnie's words! You know, he just watched a zombie movie that's why he's saying these!" Yeji jumped in, hugging my legs with her small arms. I smiled at her, bending down.

"Really? Which one did he watch? Train to Busan?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No! The new one! I don't know the name! But I know the movie!" I chuckled, ruffling her hair.

"Yah, you two are talking to eachother while there's Jimin standing there! Come inside, oh god what he's thinking" Seokjin suddenly shouted making Jimin chuckle.

"No, it's okay. They're kind of adorable. I don't mind-"

"Oh! Aren't you the one with beautiful dimples I've met in my school? Omo! How did you know I'm here?" Yeji said, gasping at pointing at Jimin making me frown. Yeji..knew Jimin?

"Ah, should we come inside first?" Jimin bent down, looking at her with a huge smile.

"Seokjin, Yeji move out of the way. You two are distracting our guests. What is this?" Yoongi looked at Jin as if he was secretly cursing him in his head. They never changed, always fighting with eachother. And it's not even for serious issues. One minute you'll see them yelling at eachother, next you'll see them flirting.

"They are always like this, you know? Bickering" I whispered to Jimin as he smiled, shaking his head.

"Let's just have dinner first. It's already late" Yoongi said, going into the kitchen.
"So, Jimin right?" Jin hyung said, holding his hand out to shake.

"Yes it is me. I've seen you around Joon's office" Jimin smiled shaking his hand

"Well, yeah. I'm his assistant so of course. Good luck with dealing him throughout your life, he's a pain" Seokjin pretended to whisper to Jimin.

"Hey! Why are you bad talking about me? What did I ever do to you, hyung?" I whined as they both kept giggling.

"And you, little princess? What about you hmm?" Jimin bend down to Yeji, smiling at her.

"I'm so sorry for your shirt, Jimin-shi! Appa will buy you a new one, won't you Appa?" She looked at me expectedly which I raised a brow to.

"New shirt? But why?" I looked at them both.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you later" Jimin mumbled to me.

I still looked at him, confused but nodded anyways. Me and Jin hyung sat in the table with Yeji as Jimin excused himself to help Yoongi hyung with anything. I asked him not to but he insisted, saying he doesn't want to sit and eat food like a hoover.

Meanwhile....

"Hyung, do you need any help? I can serve the plates in the table. Give them to me" Jimin said looking curiously around the kitchen. Yoongi chuckled lightly.

"You don't have to, Seokjin and I got it under control. Yeji helped us a little too"

"You guys adore her a lot, don't you?" Yoongi nodded, looking at him.

"Been taking care of her since she was 2 years. I used to hate kids but Lily is an exception"

"Why do you hate kids, Yoongi-nim? They're so fun and awesome to be around"

"You don't have to use formalities. It makes me sound old. Just hyung would be fine and answering your question I just don't like kids. They're way too noisy for my liking"
[Words from author herself, ofc]

"I've heard that you are a philosopher, hyung. That's such a great choice! I've always wanted to major in philosophy it just wasn't for me" Jimin frowned.

"I'm a philosophy lecturer, yes. And thank you for complimenting it. Seokjin often finds my job boring " Yoongi rolled his eyes at the mention of his husband. Jimin giggled.

"I've heard you guys were in love with eachother since highschool. How many years has it been since you guys are married?"

"Namjoon reveals everything, doesn't he? Well, I think it's been 5 years since we're married. After 2 years of dating"

"Woah, you guys look really cute together. You guys suit eachother, hyung" Yoongi turned to him from the cabinet, smiling at him. He put a hand around Jimin's elbow.

"Jimin-ah, you're Namjoon's fiancé. I think you already know that it's been years since he dated anyone. I'm not gonna bicker about someone else's life story, it's not my job but he didn't end in good terms with his last partner. It broke him completely. I've seen him during those days and I don't want him to feel the same ever again"
"Hyung, I can-"

"Just listen to me this once, okay? You're marrying him probably in months or so, which is really soon. As Namjoon's hyung, I just wanted to request please don't hurt him. It may sound really petty but it's important.
He has a habit of thinking he isn't enough, he still thinks that of himself. He wasn't like this months before he met you, you somehow brought a change in him.
He's happy about himself these days, confident. You have that aura which he's attracted to, please don't ruin him. Don't make him loose hope in himself again. He needs someone in his life, be that person" Yoongi finished with a sigh, shaking his head with a soft smile.

"Ah, it's your first day meeting me and I'm already lecturing you. God, forgive me I tend to forget I'm not in my classes sometimes "

"N-No, hyung it's alright. What you've said was important and I-I just wanted to say, I would never hurt Namjoon hyung. I don't intend to. He's a great man and I know I'm lucky to have him. I know you probably don't have enough trust in me considering you've just met me but I'm giving you my words, I would take care of Namjoon hyung. I'd make him gain trust on himself again" Yoongi gave him a small smile.

"Yah Yoongi! Where did you run to? I'm hungry, c'mon give me food, babe!" Seokjin yelled from the table as both of them chuckled.

"And the dinner night begins" Yoongi sighed, bringing the plate of Bibimbap with him and Jimin followed the older with stack of plates.

    Author's Note

Another Chapter!

I'm gonna rush these chapters a lot considering it still didn't reached the plot yet, and I don't want this story to turn into a really long slow burn 💀

Btw, Yuri is a Japanese word, meaning Lily. If any of y'all were confused.
I might update the next chapter soon, the dinner hasn't ended yet lol

Song of the chapter is Promise by Jimin
Word Count: 3705+

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

444K 30.2K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
871K 19.8K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 62.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
187K 6.7K 95
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...