The Secrets We Keep (CAMREN)

By deIusions

Chris and Camila are dating and Lauren hates her when in reality she has a crush on Camila and is secretly in... More

Chapter 1: My Dilema
Chapter 2: To Kill
Chapter 3: Battle Scars
Chapter 4: Flicker of Hope
Chapter 5: Missed Opportunities
Chapter 6: Baby Steps & Remembering
Chapter 7: Destructive
Chapter 8: The longest I'm Sorry
Chapter 9: 2 Days Later
Chapter 10: Progress
Chapter 12: What NOW?
Chapter 13: Clearing it out
Chapter 14: OH HELL NO!
Chapter 15: Dead Chris Walking
Chapter 16: The Morning After
Chapter 17: A White Lie and Plan Chris
Chapter 18: Sibling Chat and Telling Camila
Chapter 19: HEART ATTACK
Chapter 20: It Gets Complicated
Chapter 21
Chapter 22: Irritated
Chapter 23: Little Sofi
Chapter 24: Cabello Family Trip
Chapter 25: BABY SITITNG PRINCESS SOFI
Chapter 26: Harsh Reality
Chapter 27: Twist In Fate
Chapter 28: The Race To a Perfect Surprise
Chapter 29: Unbelievable
Chapter 30: Heading Back Home
Chapter 31: 6 Hours on a Yacht Pt. 1
Chapter 32: A Boat Trip Too Long
Chapter 33: Daddy
Chapter 34: Don't Jump to Conclusions
Chapter 35: Promises
Chapter 36: Arriving to Miami With New Rules
Chapter 37: Hiding The Truth
Chapter 38: Mysterious Calls and Text
Chapter 39: Not So Happy Birthday
Chapter 40: Questioning Sanity
Chapter 41: Surprises
Chapter 42: The Return of Baby Sister
Chapter 43: Near Future
Chapter 44: Speaking
Chapter 45: Protecting Camren
Chapter 46: Under Constant Watch
Chapter 47: The Hardest Decision Ever Made
Chapter 48: Gone
Chapter 49: Determination
Chapter 50: The Secrets We Keep

Chapter 11: What Is Happening

8.4K 228 135
By deIusions

Camila's POV

I got home after being at the playground for another 15 minutes. I was glad that Lauren had given our friendship another shot but I was still confused about the kiss. I was also wondering why she gave me a kiss before she left and also where she had gone to. I was laying on my bed with my eyes closed when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I shout without moving.

"Oh good you're home did your phone lose battery mija?" I hear my mom ask and then I remember that I turned it off while I was with Lauren.

"No, sorry mom I turned it off during school and I guess I forgot to turn it back on" I say hoping that she'll believe me.

"Alright well diner will be ready soon so go clean up" she says before leaving my room

Once the door closes I take out my phone and turn it on. When the screen comes on I notice that I have 15 messages from Chris.

Chris: Camz pick up your phone

Chris: Babe are you mad at me?

Chris: Baby please I'm sorry for whatever I did

Chris: Please pick up

Chris: are you ignoring me? :(

Chris: Camila please

Chris: can you please talk to me

Chris: call me when you get this

Chris: Are you sick?

Chris: should I come over?

Chris: Answer me please

Chris: I'm really worried

Chris: Camila

Chris: did something happen?

Chris: I Love You please answer me

As I read the last text I felt a bit guilty. I've been avoiding him all week because I don't know what was going on in my head. After I kissed Lauren all I've been thinking about was why I did it, why did she kiss me back, and what the hell is happening. As I was about to text him back , I get another text but this time it wasn't from him.

Lauren: Meet me @ hideout @6.

I looked at the time and noticed it was 5:15, shit I got to go now if I was going to get there on time. The hideout was a bit far from my house and if I was walking it would take me a good 30 minutes. I jumped out of my bed and ran down the stairs ignoring my mother calling my name and completely forgetting about Chris.

Lauren's POV

When I left Camila at the beach it wasn't because I wanted to , but because I needed to. The last few months I know that she's been the one saying sorry for everything and after Wednesday at school I got to thinking that maybe I should just start new with her. My choice had nothing to do with the kiss we had because in reality I still didn't understand. But at the beach I was going to tell her how I felt but Chris called and I had to improvise.

I was glad that she accepted the condition of not letting anyone know because I really couldn't deal with people getting involved, especially Chris. So after I left her I went around town and picked up some things. Afterwards I came to the hideout and tried to fix it from the dark hole I had made it into. I had texted her to meet me here at 6 and it was already 5:55. I really hope she still remembers how to get here because I was getting worried.

As I checked one last time to make sure everything was in place I turned around and in front of me stood Camila with her mouth opened and wide eyes.

Shit she doesn't like it. Crap, I fucked up do something Lauren.

"Um-um" crap why am I freezing.

"Lauren, what's all this?" she asks looking at the table set up with a Large Hawaiian Pizza and soda.

Shit speak Lauren now.

"Uh" what the hell Jauregui talk.

"Is this for me?" she asks biting her lip. Shit why does she have to do that.

"Um, ye-yes" I finally say rubbing my right arm

"W-wow, this is amazing. Than-thank you" She says looking at me with a shy smile.

Wait what since when is Camila shy around me? oh yeah ever since we stopped being friends.

"I-It's and I'm sorry for everything diner" I say biting my lip because I'm nervous

"It looks great, but you didn't have to" she says but I nod my head denying her.

"I kind of do. I'm sorry for all the things I've done to you after ending our friend ship. I know you blame yourself for it, and yes you did break very important promise but I -I broke one too" I say looking down and holding in tears.

"Lauren you never broke a promise. I did" she says as I hear her walking towards me.

"No I did break a promise" I say not wanting to look at her.

"And what promise was it?" She asks as she lifts me chin up with her finger and makes me look at her

"I-I had promised you that I would never cut again" I say as I lift my sleeve up revealing my scars to her.

"Laur" she starts and then hugs me " I broke my promise before you broke yours. It doesn't count" she says holding me tighter.

"But I" she doesn't even let me start. and I feel her pull away slightly and looks into my eyes.

"Lauren listen to me. We both screwed up, but at this moment we are trying to fixing the friendship we use to have. If we weren't doing that I know you wouldn't have done all of this for me. So please let's just work on fixing this deal?" she says, and as I look in her eyes I can't say no to her.

"Deal" I tell her while nodding.

Camila's POV

I could tell that Lauren was really sorry for what has happened in the past 11 months. I mean she had gone beyond what she would normally do when saying she was sorry. She had gotten my favorite pizza even though she didn't like it, and she even got chocolate for me when she didn't eat it, unless it was Nutella.

As I let go of our hug I went and grabbed a slice of pizza and sat down on the pink bean bag that she must have brought back. When I looked over at her she still looked a bit upset and I had no clue why.

"Laur come here" I tell her and motion for her to come over to me.

As she walk to me I put my food down and open my arms for her to sit down with me

"Camila, I'm not sitting on the same bean bag as you" she says

"Well who said you had a choice now come here" I tell her as I grab her hand and pull her down to me so she is sitting on my lap.

"Camila!" she shouts while laughing

"Ha, there it is the Lauren laugh. I missed hearing it" I say smiling at her. "Now can you tell me why you look so sad after I just forgave you?" I ask playing with her fingers.

"I don't know" She answers as she looks at our hands that were now holding each other.

"Lauren please talk to me. I mean we are working on fixing this and I want to know what's going on please tell me" I say using my free hand to move some of her hair from her face.

"It's just I-I" and as she starts to stutter I interrupt her.

"Is it about the kiss from Wednesday?" I ask and after I say that her head pops up and she looks at me shocked. "I mean because if it's about that then" and right before I even finish I feel her lips on mine.

I was a bit shocked at first but then I didn't even hesitate to kiss her back. She was taking it slow and her hands were now holding my face. Out of instinct I put my arms around her neck and deepen the kiss. I could feel her tongue on my bottom lip asking me for permission and I grant it. As we continue to kiss I completely loose myself and lean back into the bean bag as she started to kiss me with more force. When air became necessary we broke apart and just stared at each other with labored breaths.

I noticed that she was about to say something but I stopped her.

"That was the best kiss I have ever had" I tell her as I look into her amazing green eyes and smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 1.8K 57
For years, I've dreamt of what college life could bring and while some things changed, there was always one constant. It didn't matter how wild I a...
127K 4.3K 24
𝐃𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐀𝐔.. The promise of a benevolent leader does not appeal to some of the most influential minds and that is enough to mak...
149K 16.8K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
111K 6.2K 10
Everyday, Camila sat at the same bench in the same park with two ice-creams, waiting for someone who she knew would never come. And everyday, one ic...