Stand by me (steve harrington)

By floraswp

‼️NO UPDATES UNTIL SEASON 5‼️ Joy Hopper has always been the wallflower of Hawkins. She does not have the bes... More

Introductions:
Chpt 1: The Tutor
Chpt 2: The Party
Chpt 3: Privlidged
Chpt 4: Hawkins Lab
Chpt 5: The Deer In The Woods
Chpt 6: Shadows
Chpt 7: Tell Me Something
Chpt 8: The Radio
Chpt 9: Starring Joy The Slut Hopper
Chpt 10: The Old Junkyard
Chpt 11: Bitchin
Chpt 12: The Demogorgon
Chpt 13: Be My Baby
Season 2!
Chpt 14: Changes
Chpt 15: See You Around Harrington
Chpt 16: Asshole
Chpt 17: Stuborness
Chpt 18: Friends?
Chpt 19: Bad Person
Chpt 20: The Lab And The Dogs
Chpt 21: The Mind Flayer
Chpt 22: Reunions And Goodbyes
Chpt 23: The Fight
Chpt 24: The Hub
Chpt 25: The Snowball
Chpt 26: The Mall
Chpt 27: Scoops Ahoy And Secrets
Chpt 29: Cracking The Code
Chpt 30: The Sleepover
Chpt 31: The Secret Room
Chpt 32: "You Won A Fight!"
Chpt 33: The Doctors Office
Chpt 34: Reality Ruins Everything
Chpt 35: Confessions And Meetings
Chpt 36: Five Mintues Tops
Chpt 37: I Fucking Did It
Chpt 38: Goodbye Hawkins, Hello Nowhere
Season 4!
Chpt 39: The Therapist
Chpt 40: Rink-O-Mania
Chpt 41: The Monster
Chpt 42: Dr. Owens
Chpt 43: Its A Long Story
Chpt 44: Distance
Chpt 45: Back To Forgetting
Chpt 46: Nightmares
Chpt 47: The Creel House
Chpt 48: Vecnas Curse
Chpt 49: Our Last Summer
Chpt 50: Just Like Her Damn Father
Chpt 51: So Mordor It Is
Chpt 52: Our Song
Chpt 53: The Hard Truth
Chpt 54: Time Travel Shit
Chpt 55: Trust
Chpt 56: Death Day
Chpt 57: Pyschos And Ghosts
Chpt 58: Lock The Door

Chpt 28: Boys

4.6K 146 305
By floraswp

"We've got our first sentence" i said opening the backroom window. "Really? What is it?" Steve asked holding two ice creams. "The week is long" i said in a Russian accent.

"We'll that's thrilling" Steve said sarcastically. "Yeah well, it's a start" i said. My eyes drifted from Steve to the people behind him. I saw El and Max holding multiple shopping bags.

Eleven was wearing a colourful play suit. I was confused to see her wearing something so colourful, then it occurred to me, she's not even allowed to be here. "El?" i called out. Elevens face dropped as she saw me.

"What are you doing here?" i questioned. "Shopping... With Max" she said nervously. "Did you ask dad?" i asked with a smirk. "No... Did you tell Steve you like his hair?" she asked.

My smirk faded away. "Okay bye, bye El. Have fun" i said shutting the window quickly. Before it could close, Steve pushed it open. "You like my hair?" he asked with a smug smirk.

I glared at El who was laughing with Max as they both ran away. "I never said that" i said. "Really? Because you always make fun of my hair" he teased.

"I know... Because your hair is stupid... And you spend to much time on it" i said crossing my arms. "Well i spend time on it for you babe" he said sarcastically. "Okay we're done here" i said slamming the window closed.

Robin, Dustin and i continued working on trying to crack the Russian code for another couple of hours. "Okay, i think that's it" i said sitting on the til in front of Steve. "Well?" he questioned.

"The silver cat feeds, when blue meets yellow in the west. A trip to China sounds nice, if you tread lightly."

"That makes no sense" he said. "Yeah, it's in code. Remember, we've been over this!" i exclaimed. "Robin translated, now i'm going to try and crack the code, keep up!"

I looked at the clock and groaned. "I have to go back to work. I have my last group of people then i'm going home" i said. "Your going already?" he questioned.

"Yeah, "you do realise i still have to work even when you're here, right?'" i said mockingly. Steve gave me a forced smile as i waved goodbye.

I walked into work and began looking at my next group of teenagers for the escape room. "Okay so... Group 5" i said to myself looking for the name.

I searched down on the list of names until i finally found the group that's on now. I froze as my heart dropped to my stomach. I tried to look for the time that they were coming in, but it was too late. I heard footsteps walking into the store.

All i wanted to do was run into Steve. But then it occurred to me, since when do i go running into Steve for help. I can do this. I can handle this on my own.

"Joy?" i heard a voice say. I sighed as i looked up. Whitlock. Whitlock was the name on the paper. I saw Jake giving me a small smile as he walked in.

"Hi, what can i do for you?" i asked. "I have an appointment" he said. "Yeah, it says you have a group of four" i said trying to keep it professional.

"I actually booked this so i could talk to you... Can we go get some coffee or something?" he asked. "I'm busy." "Since when does Joy Hopper turn down a coffee?" he questioned.

"Since the person asking me busted up my friends face. And then tried to bust up mine" i snapped. "I deserve that" he mumbled. "Yeah, you do. Now i'm going to ask you to leave."

"Joy, please. I just want to talk. Nothing more" he said. "I said i'm busy Jake. Now i'll say it again, i think it's time for you to leave." He sighed.

"I've been going to therapy. I have a girlfriend. I told her about you, about what i did to you. She told me i should get closure. That's what i've come to do" he said.

"I didn't ask" i snapped. He grabbed a ten dollar bill and put it on the desk. "That's okay. I get why you don't want to talk. He's your tip for taking up your time."

I grabbed the money and put it in my pocket. I gave him a fake smile. As he walked out, i began thinking of what he was going to say.

I hated him. I would always hate him. But i can't say he didn't linger on my mind. That night he almost killed Steve because of me. Maybe he was telling the truth.

Maybe he wanted to say sorry. And, i could go for a coffee... And an ice cream. "Jake" i called out before he left. He turned around swiftly.

"I'll let you speak. But i want some food and you're paying... And i want to be in public" i said sternly. "Of course... Yeah" he said. I walked into Scoop Ahoy as Jake followed.

As we walked in, i saw Robin at the til, serving the ice cream. She gave me a confused look. I had told her about Jake but she didn't know what he looked like.

"I'll go order" i said. He nodded as he sat at a booth. "I'll take two coffees and two scoops of strawberry ice cream" i said. "Okay... Who's the hot date?" she questioned sarcastically.

"Jake Whitlock" i said. Her face dropped. "He wants to talk to me. Just, keep an eye out, okay?" i said. "Of course" she said. She made the coffee and handed me the ice cream.

"If he starts messing with you, just give me a wave" she said. I nodded as i walked back to the booth.

I slid over Jakes coffee as we sat in silence. "I wanted to tell you i'm sorry" he said. "For what exactly? For the constant interrogations, for picking on my friends, for trying to hurt me or for breaking my walkman?" i questioned.

"For all of it" he mumbled. I scoffed. "My therapist said it's because i was angry at myself and i took it out on you" he said. "Are you taking it out on your new girlfriend? Or was it just me?" i asked as i shoved a scoop of ice cream in my mouth.

"Her names Izzy. And i don't do that anymore" he said. "Oh great, just me then" i said as i rolled my eyes. "Joy, i'm just trying to apologise to you" he said.

"Well, do i have to accept your apology?" i asked. "Well, no-" "Then good. I don't. And i think we're done here" i said getting out of the booth.

"Joy please wait!" Jake said as he grabbed my arm. I looked down at my arm and back up at him.

"So it is just me then?"

As Jake grabbed my arm, Steve made his way out of the back. Jake and i looked at Steve. He was talking to Robin until his eyes drifted to us. Jake let go of my arm quickly as he saw him.

Steve stormed over. "Get out. Your not allowed in here. Seriously man, it's time to get the fuck out" he said as he began pushing him out. "I'm just talking to her!" Jake exclaimed.

"Really? Talking? It didn't fucking look like that, did it?" Steve shouted. "Jake! Just leave!" i exclaimed. I grabbed Steve's arm but he still had Jake by the shirt.

"I am sorry Joy" he said as he walked out of the store. I looked around as all the customers were staring. "Jo, what... What happened?" he questioned.

"I... He said he just wanted to talk" i mumbled. "You know you shouldn't talk to him" he said. I gave him a glare. "So this is my fault? He grabs me, and it's my fault?" i exclaimed.

"No... I didn't... I never said that!" he exclaimed back. "Do you know what, my shifts over and i have to try and figure out this dumb Russian code shit, so i'm gonna go" i said walking out of the store.

"Jo, i didn't mean it like that. Where are you going, i'm supposed to bring you home" "Id rather walk!" i shouted. "Your going to walk all the way home? In the dark? On your own?" he called out.

"I'll take my chances!"

I closed up the shop and began the long walk home. I know i just took all my anger from Jake out on Steve, but i didn't care. He pissed me off. Jake pissed me off. Every man i know, had pissed me off.

After a couple of hours, i finally made it home. I collapsed on the sofa as i took a deep breath. I heard music blaring from Els room. I laughed as i thought of Hoppers face when he comes home and sees Mike here.

I knocked on Els door as i made my way inside. I was confused to see Max and El lying on the floor reading magazines. "Hey?" i said in confusion. "Hey, Max is here for a sleepover" El said. My face lit up.

I had sleepovers nearly every night with Liz. They were some of the best nights of my life. "Fun. Do you want some eggos?" i asked. They both nodded as i shut the door.

I made three triple eggo extravaganzas for dinner as i sat down on the couch. I put my headphone on and began playing the Russian code over and over again.

No matter how many times i listened to it, i couldn't get it. It simply didn't make sense. I replayed it for hours as i wrote down different theories.

As i was writing down some of my ideas, i heard a car pull up. Hopper stormed inside. He was wearing an oddly colourful outfit. "Since when did my family start spicing up their wardrobe?" i mumbled to myself.

I saw Hopper grow an angry expression as he heard the music. "Hey!" he shouted storming towards the door. As he passed me, i smelled a stench of alcohol.

"No Hop it's- " "What'd i say! Three inches! Leave the door open three-" Hopper yelled as he swung the door open. He cut himself off as he saw Max.

"Do you knock geeze!" Max exclaimed. "Yeah geeze!" El said. "Woah, woah. I'm sorry" he said with a dumbfounded expression. "I thought that-" "Mikes not here" Max said.

"Max wanted to have a sleepover, is that okay?" Eleven asked. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Do you parents know?" he asked. "Yup" Max said.

"Uh, yeah, it's cool... That's really cool" Hopper said as he awkwardly lingered at the door. I bit my lip as i tried not to laugh.

"Did you need something?" Max asked. "No, no. I'll leave. I'll just let you... I'll leave you" he said shutting the door. He turned to me as a smirk grew on his face.

"I left some food for you in the fridge but i know you were on a date so you can eat it tomorrow" i said. "Yup... A date which she totally showed up on" Hopper said opening the fridge.

I turned to him. "Wait, Jim Hopper, police chief, ladies man... Got stood up?!" i exclaimed. Hopper rolled his eyes. "Ouch, who's the unlucky lady?" i asked. "None of your business. And, did you make eggos for dinner?" he asked.

I gave him a small smirk. He scoffed as he grabbed the plate of eggos and sat down on the couch next to me. I reluctantly put down the Russian tape as i watched tv with him for the rest of the night.

That night, i was lying in my bed reading when i heard someone's footsteps coming closer to my door. El walked in. "Sleepover?" she asked. "I thought you were already on a sleepover" i said.

"Max is asleep. And i don't want to be alone" she said. I saw her down expression. I moved over in my bed to make room for her. "What's wrong?" i asked.

"I broke up with Mike today" she said as she climbed into the bed next to me. "What?!" i exclaimed. "He lied to me. He lied to me so he didn't have to see me" she said. "Oh, we'll then, that's a pretty good reason" i said.

"And... Max and i were playing a game. And... Never mind" she said. "What is it?" i questioned. "No, it's okay. I'm... I'm just upset about Mike" she said.

It was obvious she was lying. There was something else bothering her. But i knew better than to push her. "We'll, boys are certainly not worth all the trouble, trust me" i said. She let out a small laugh.

"Are you sure you don't want to go back into Max?" she asked. "No... I don't want to wake her. What are you reading?" she asked. I grabbed my book and opened the page i was reading on.

"It's called 'Little Women'. It's my personal favourite. It's about four sisters and their life" i said. She put her head on my shoulder. "Will i read it?" i asked. El nodded.

I read El the book until she finally fell asleep. Most of our nights ended like this. After the day i had and after the day El had, i'm pretty sure we both needed this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Choices By Summer

Fanfiction

588 35 34
Josie Byers has always been different to her family, she wasn't a freak. When her brother Will goes missing, her mom is Acting out, thinking he was i...
31.5K 1K 36
*SLOW UPDATES* "Don't you know? Boys and girls can be friends. That's all Steve and I are. Friends." 〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ Y/N Henderson. Need I say mor...
25.6K 604 62
Lauren Hopper was living her somewhat normal life. She was only starting to feel like herself again a year prior. After the hell that was the years b...
10.5K 375 32
"Who is Blurryface and why does he want me dead?" After 12-year-old rebellious preteen Jane Ives moves to the small town of Hawkins, she has to deal...