Chpt 20: The Lab And The Dogs

Steve slowly made his way out of the bus as he swung the bat around. "Come here buddy" he said with a whistle. There was low grumbling in the distance.

"What's he doing?!" Max exclaimed. "Expanding the menu" Dustin said. My heart dropped. "Come here buddy. Dinner time. Human tastes better than cat" Steve called out.

"He's insane." "He's awesome" Dustin said with a huge smile. As the grumbling came closer and closer, Dart appeared through the mist.

He was exactly like the demogorgon but like a dog. He didn't stand on two legs like a human. He stood on four. He inched himself towards Steve.

"Steve watch out!" Lucas shouted from on top of the bus. "Little busy here!" Steve called out. "Two O clock! Two o clock!" Lucas screamed.

I looked out the other window and saw three more demogorgan like dogs coming towards him. Steve was surrounded. "Hold this. I'll be right back" i said throwing Dustin the lighter as i grabbed the gun.

One of the demogorgons launched at Steve as he swung as hard as he could at it. I reloaded the gun and aimed for the other three circling him. I missed the first shot. Two of them began running towards me.

My next shot skimmed one of the dogs legs which caused it to shriek in pain. Finally, i aimed right at one of the dogs heads, and the bullet went right through its skull. It fell to the ground as i looked to Steve, who was still fighting Dart off.

"Abort! Run! Hurry!" the kids all called out. "Steve go!" i shouted. Steve hit the creature one last time before running back to the bus.

I began running towards the bus until i felt a sharp pain in my leg. The lizard dog that i had skimmed had it's teeth dug into my leg. I screamed in pain as i looked to the bus.

"Joy!" Steve called out. He began running towards me but another lizard got in his way as it tired to make its way into the bus. I reached for my gun as the creature was pulling on my leg.

I could not pull myself any further. I looked around for anything i could use to kill it. Suddenly, i saw the metal pole Steve had brought laying on the ground.

I must have put it there when we were barricading up the bus. I used all my strength to crawl towards it. I inched my fingers towards the pole until i finally reached it.

Once i had it firmly in my grip, i shoved the pole right in the centre of the monster. It finally let go of my leg as it shrieked. I continued stabbing the creature with the pole until it stopped moving.

Maybe this pole was a better weapon than i thought.

I looked to the bus where the kids were all screaming and Steve was still trying to fight off another lizard dog. I tried to move and help them but i couldn't walk.

Suddenly, all the dogs surrounding us began howling. They all ran off in the same direction. Everyone was frozen with shock for a moment. That moment didn't last long. I felt the pain shooting up and down my leg as i pulled up my jeans.

I saw two deep bite marks in my leg. There was blood everywhere. I began screaming at the pain and how bad it looked.

"Joy, Joy, what happened? What's wrong?" Steve said as he held my face and pushed back my hair. "My leg! It's my leg!" i screamed. Steve slowly lifted up my pant leg as he saw all the blood.

Lucas, Max and Dustin began running over. "Oh god" Dustin said covering his mouth. "Okay, okay... Em... I need... I need something to cover it. Jesus, give me something to cover it with!" Steve shouted at them all.

Lucas quickly took his bandana off his head and handed it to Steve. "Okay, Joy, this is going to hurt okay. Just, i need to stop the bleeding" he said.

I didn't listen. I was still screaming. Steve tightened the bandana around my ankle which caused me to scream louder.