Chpt 19: Bad Person

"So let me get this straight, you kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who... You just met?" Steve questioned.

"All right, that is grossly oversimplifying things" Dustin said. I cringed as i dipped my hand into the bucket of raw meat.

We had made a plan to lure the big lizard to the old junkyard with beef. Then, when he gets there, we fight him and hope for the best.

"I mean why would a girl like some nasty slug anyways?" Steve asked. "Yeah i don't think we tend to like slugs. Especially when they you know... Are front the upside down and eat cats" i said sarcastically.

"Because it's awesome" Dustin said. "Well even if she thought it was cool, which obviously she didn't, i feel like your trying way to hard" Steve said.

"Well not everyone can have your perfect hair, alright?" Dustin mumbled. I nudged Steve slightly to try and give him some advice. "It's not about the hair man. The key with girls is just acting like you don't care" Steve said with a shrug.

I scoffed. "No. That is the opposite of what we want! We want to be told that we're liked, then, we may like you back" i said. "Do you even count as a girl?" Steve asked. I rolled my eyes as i walked ahead of them both.

"Even if you do?" Dustin asked. "Yeah, it drives them nuts." "Then what?" he questioned. "Then you wait... Until you feel it" Steve said.

"Feel what?" "It's like before it's going to storm, you know? You can't see it but you can feel it like this, uh... Electricity" Steve said. "Oh like, in the electromagnetic field when the clouds and the atmosphere-"

"No, no, no, no like a... Sexual chemistry. You feel that, then you make your move" Steve said. "So that's when you kiss her?" Dustin asked.

"Woah, slow down there Romeo. Sure okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. You know strong, hot and heavy like... A lion. But others you gotta be slow and stealthy like ninja" he said.

"What type is Joy?" Dustin questioned. Steve shook his head and laughed slightly. "Joys different. She's different from the other girls" he mumbled. "Yeah she seems, pretty special i guess" Dustin said.

"Are you girls still talking?" i shouted ahead of them. They both groaned as they began to catch up.

As we were walking, i realised the woods where we were in, was close to my house. I thought i should go visit El incase she was worried. I felt bad i had left her alone with Hopper who i was still angry with... But i knew i had to see him too.

"You guys go ahead... I think there might be some weapons in my grandpas old cabin. It's only a couple of minutes away" i said. "Do you want us to come with you?" Steve asked.

"No!" i blurted out quickly causing them both to give me a confused look. "It's dirty... Practically falling apart... I'll be back in half an hour" i said. They both were still confused but kept walking.

It only took me a few minutes to get to the cabin. I gave the secret knock but there was no answer.
I sighed as i realised El must be even more angry than i thought. I took a clip out of my pocket and began picking the lock.

"El?" i called out as i walked inside. My face dropped as i saw the place was still a mess. Even more messy. There was boxes and old newspapers scattered on the floor. I grabbed one of the old newspapers and i felt my stomach drop.

"Terry Ives claims daughter was kidnapped by American scientists for her special capabilities"

"Eleven?" i shouted with more urgency. I barged into every room and tried to look for her. But she was gone. It looked like no one had been home since i left. I felt my breathing quicken as i panicked.