Iris - noah schnapp

By embyler

can you teach me what it feels like to be loved like an actual person? More

โ€ข prologue โ€ข
.1
.2
.3
.4
.5
.6
.7
.8
.9
.10
.11
.12
.13
.14
.15
.16
.18
.19
.20
.21
.22
.23
.24
.25
.26
.27
.28
.29
A/N

.17

866 19 35
By embyler

days had passed, the week was almost over. it was a thursday morning when i met up with my friends in the parking lot as usual after i parked my car.
our last football game of the season was today, i was psyched. mostly because basketball started a week from today, which was my favorite sport.
it overpowered football and track to me, it was such a stress relief.
we wore our football jerseys over our hoodies like we usually did with jeans.
i wore my favorite dior nike airs, it matched with everything.
i walked inside with my friends and headed straight to my locker to get ready for first period.
we were a little early, so we stood against the lockers for a while, talking.
-"bro, everyone's still talking about the party." caleb scoffed.
-"i know, it's bullshit." i shook my head.
-"rumors around here have been spreading like a wild fire." finn whispered.
-"i dont even wanna know, this school is so fucked." i scoffed, before a figure in the corner of my eye catches my attention.
why was y/n here?
shes supposed to be at home.
the doctors insisted she not come back until monday.
-"guys, ill catch you later." i walked away before finishing my sentence and practically jogged down the hall and turned left to where y/n was at her locker.
her hair was down, she wore peach colored sweatpants with a tight, white turtleneck and an apricot colored zip up.
ive never seen her wearing a turtleneck, i thought she said she hated them?
she looked like she just rolled out of bed, she looked half asleep when i put my hand on her shoulder and saw the exhaustion on her face when she turned around.
-"what are you doing here? you weren't supposed to come to school??" i ask.
-"my mom forced me to come, she thought i was being dramatic about the stinging in my side." she sighed, trying to keep her eyes open.
-"did you get sleep last night?" i ask, growing concerned.
-"yes." she nodded, but i could see right through her.
-"y/n."
-"fine, no. i just couldn't sleep." she yawned, leaning against the locker next to hers.
i looked at her for a while, trying to think of a right thing to say, but there was nothing else for me to say.
-"are you hurting still?" i ask without any thought.
-"only when i run." she mumbled, turning around to shut her locker.
-"walk with me to first?" i offered, before she hesitated to nod.
she smiled as i walked next to her as we started walking to the opposite side of the building.
i noticed the stares and heard the whispered that ran through the halls.

"did she actually kill conner white?"

"noah schnapp is too hot for her."

"do you think hes next on her kill list?"

"do you think abbie hired the masked killer?"

"shes a cold slut."

i gave her a quick glance, she looked extremely uncomfortable with all the mumbles and looks given at her.
-"just ignore them." i whispered in her ear as we walked inside the class.
people glared at both y/n and i when we walked in, i could still hear the whispers echoing through the room.

"does he actually like her?"

"why her?"

"shes not even pretty."

"hes the richest kid in town, out of all the girls, why her?"

hearing what everyone had to say about things just made me want to scream and break things.
i didn't even realize i was clinching my fists until gaten walked up to me and slapped my shoulders as he walked past me to get to his seat.
as i glanced at him, i got a glance at y/n while turning my head.
she looked deeply upset, like she was on the verge of tears.
all of the girls around her were staring and whispering at her, some even laughing. it was just the girls though, except for most of he baseball boys that were calling her shit that i didnt even want to recall.
the boys i hang around dont mistreat girls like they do, at least not as badly as they do.
i wanted to hug y/n so badly right then and there, to tell her that i think shes perfect in my eyes. but i couldn't, not there.
as the teacher walked in, the class became silent.
-"are you guys done chatting, or should i push back the lesson another 5 minutes?" he asked, being sarcastic.
everyone turned their head when we heard y/n pushing her desk chair back and getting up from her seat.
-"y/n, what are you doing?" the teacher asked as she threw her bag over her back.
she started walking to the front of class, heading towards the door.
-"y/n, you leave that door and its a detention!" she growled.
-"then give me a fucking detention!" y/n snapped back, shoving the door open and rushing out the door.
everyone in class started laughing and whispering around.
everyone thought it was funny how the teacher ran out after her, but i didn't.
i was the only one who didn't find it funny. i found it shocking.
ive never really seen her get mad.
it wasnt her fault. it was everyone else's. they pushed her too hard, it's their faults.

_

at lunch, y/n was late since she was in the principals office still.
sadie, millie, caleb and finn sat down at the table across from each other, noticing y/ns non existent presence.
-"shes still not back? she left at the end of 3rd period!" millie scoffed.
-"i know, she should be back soon." i assured them and myself, and shortly after.. she did.
she slowly sat down across from me, next to sadie and millie.
-"where have you been this entire hour??" sadie shrieked.
y/n slammed the detention slip on the table, looking down at her lap, angrily.
-"tomorrow?" millie read the slip.
she looked up, and her nostrils were stained with redness.
-"god, did your nosebleed again?" sadie asked, looking at her nose.
-"yep, they called my parents. they're going to murder me." she sighed, looking at me.
i suddenly remembered the events that took place a few days ago, reading her parents arrest logs.
i still need to know more of what goes on with her at home.
for her safety.

-"why are you looking at me like that?" she asked, uncomfortably.
-"sorry." i sighed, looking away from her.
she looked at her lap for the rest of lunch period.

the entire day was an awkward mess, she didnt talk much to me all day.. i could tell she wanted to, but she couldn't all day without people looking at us. i didn't mind the stares since i was used to people talking about me every second, she just wasnt, which i respected.
after school, it was the game.
as we were playing, i noticed y/n actually came. i was glad she did, even with everyone talking and laughing at her from all corners, she looked like she was still having fun with sadie and millie.
she saw me staring, and waved at me while smiling.
i waved back at her, smiling as well while sweat trickling down my face.
i wiped my face with my wrist as i put my helmet back on and ran back out to the field.
i was so glad this game was almost ever, i started to hate football the more my father incouraged and forced me into it.
once we scored the final points and won, my team and i were cheering and laughing as we ran back to our coach.
he slapped every one of our helmets as we were cheering and yelling.
everyone from the stands were cheering with us, we could hear faint music from the athletic director.
as we were running off, i took my helmet off and looked up back to the stands, y/n was no longer there.
weird, millie and sadie were there?
where did she go?
she probably just went to the bathroom or something.
my team and i were jumping and messing around in the bathroom with our coach like a pack of dogs, it was exciting for us.
we all got dressed back into comfy clothes to leave in, and both caleb and finn walked out side by side to me.
as we were walking, the girls walked up to us, y/n still missing.
-"hey, where's y/n?" i asked as they hugged my friends.
-"oh, she had an emergency at home."
-"she walked?" i asked.
-"yeah, she insisted on it." millie informed me, sipping her soda.
i shook it off and i left with my father and chloe, who were also here to watch me.
my father kept on telling me the whole way home what i should've done or shouldn't have done in the game, which really was clicking my buttons.

my phone dung as chloe and i were driving in the backseat.
it was an imessage from chloe.

[chloe] are you going to that party with me tonight?

[noah] what party?

[chloe] for justins birthday.

[noah] your boyfriend, justin? i'll pass.

[chloe] can you at least take me?

[noah] why are you texting me? i'm right next to you.

[chloe] i don't want dad to know, so will you?

[noah] why can't you just drive yourself?

[chloe] i can't drive home drunk.

i shut my phone off, staring out the window.
she scoffed, seemingly annoyed.
i stared out the window as we entered the garage and got out of the car and walked inside our house.

-"what time does it start at?" i asked, annoyed, once our parents walked to their bedroom.
-"8, will you please take me?" she begged, pressing both her hands together.
-"i guess, but i'm not coming in!" i assured her.
-"yay!! thanks! i love you!" she hugged me before running upstairs to her room.
i chuckled, throwing myself on the couch.

_

after showering and watching television for hours, i decided to check my phone.
i havent heard from y/n at all, i wonder what shes doing.
i decided to surprise call her without asking, because she likes getting random calls.
as i called, my hope for her answering lowered and lowered the more it rang.
after hearing her voicemail message, her voice sounded so calming to me. i didn't even notice i was smiling until i could hear chloes shoes colliding with the hard floor.
-"okay, im ready." she sighed, waiting for me at the door.
i looked at her, she was wearing a silver, sparkly off the shoulder long sleeve with a pair of jeans and heeled black boots.
i got up, grabbing my phone before walking outside after it.
it was sprinkling a bit, which made me in a crankier mood then before.
we got into the car and she gave me the directions to his house, across town.
i recognized the area, i think y/n lives in the area.
i stopped outside his house, unlocking the door for her.
-"have fun." i sighed, annoyed.
-"don't look too happy, noah." she tickled my chin with her nails, making me giggle a bit before she got out of the car and stared walking.
a few football guys i don't talk to very often were there, they're the douche ones. the ones i never usually talk to, but they all adore me because of my football skills.
-"SCHNAPP!! come in!" they yelled, holding a six pack in their hands.
-"oh, i have to get home!" i yelled.
-"c'mon, just for a second!" they begged.
i hesitated, but i didn't want to seem like a bitch to them.. so i parked my car and started walking to them.
i wasn't dressed up for a party at all.
i was wearing grey sweats with an off white tee shirt with a pair of olive green colored crocs.
i walked up with them, hoping they wouldn't keep me long.
they practically pushed me inside and walked me outside to where i saw someone i had pure hatred for.
bryce burke.
we used to be cool, until the homecoming dance.
everyone started hating him when i did, that's what it's like to be popular.
-"schnapp, this dude has beat the record for fastest chug for this bottle." drake shook the bottle in front of me of beer.
-"almost 17 seconds. which is the record you beat getting 14 seconds." another football player added.
bryce took a beer from the table, holding it up to me, suggesting i chug it with him.
-"i have to drive." i chuckled, not thinking they were serious.
-"what? noah cameron schnapp is turning down a chugging contest?" one said from behind me.
-"yeah, don't be a pussy." bryce said, still holding it in front of me.
those words pissed me off, people were staring at me when he said that.
it was embarrassing, i stopped thinking when i snatched the beer out of his hands and opened it with my hands.
-"3.. 2.. 1!" drake yelled, swiping his hand in front of us.

i held the beer in my hands as i chugged it, practically inhaling it.
i was not about to lose to bryce burke.
that would be the more embarrassing then anything.
i was so determined to beat him, i had to.
once the liquid from the bottle disappeared, i smashed the glass onto the ground in front of him and watched as he was still chugging.
-"13 seconds!!" the boys around us started laughing and yelling like dogs.
i walked away as they all laughed and made fun of bryce.

"you can never stand up to noah schnapp!!"

"he's too good for you."

"big mistake, brycey boy!"

all of them commented, not noticing me marching out of the house and through the front door.
i was pissed off, i didnt want to do that.
it's not like i was drunk, but i didn't feel like getting that shit in my system.
i slammed the car door shut as i jumped in and practically stomped on the breaks and drove away to the pathway i take to get home.
but to my surprise, the roads were blocked off.
son of a bitch!
i had no other way home.
was i really in there for that long?
i looked next to me and there was a road that led me into the woods, maybe i can find a way home.
as i drove slowly down it, i was relieved when i could see the downtown lights through the trees next to me, meaning it was leading me into town.
as i started driving faster, i almost didnt notice a figure running in front of my car.
i tried to slam on the gas, but it was too late.
i already hit them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 12 17
ยป ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด. โงผ แถœแต’แตแต–หกแต‰แต—แต‰แตˆ โˆš โงฝ
12.9K 180 21
It's just....ruined love. :/ COMMENT AND VOTE LOVES!
31.9K 1.1K 7
{ short story } Crushes can be so bittersweet.