The Owl House x Male Reader

De runeightmiles

Y/n Noceda was weird. His sister, Luz, was too. Then, their mom sent them to camp but they stumbled on the de... Mais

Authors note
A Lying Witch And A Warden
Witches Before Wizards
I Was A Teenage Abomiation
The Intruders
The Convention
Unholy Union
200
A Titans Will, Young Blood, Old Souls
The Den
Echoes Of The Past
Break
One Shot
Hush Now
Y/n Bio
3,000
Release
I'm Better Than You
An Encounter
A Small Hint
Where I've Been...
Y/n's Weapon Arsenal
Reborn
Past is Prologue
Final Stand
Hell

True Magic

1.5K 18 12
De runeightmiles

The collector looks at y/n in a weird way. Like he looked different.

Collector: Why do you look like that? Philip said you looked human.

Y/n: Look like what?

Collector: Eh, It doesn't matter. I need to start my rhyme anyway.

The collector coughed a little. Y/n looked side to side.

Collector: To you, A king so far from home, From the very titans that usurped your throne. They'll rue the day the messed with you, When the world is covered in titans blood blue!

Y/n facepalmed himself.

Y/n: I guess I was loud.

The collector turned into multiple people that started chattering.

Collector 1: Yeah pretty loud

Collector 2: It's pretty easy to hear you.

Collector 3: You have a very booming voice.

Y/n: Okay, WHAT DO YOU WANT!

Collector 1: See! You are really loud!

They merged together into the actual shadow known as the collector.

Collector: I have a deal to make with you.

Y/n: What?

Collector: You want revenge on this titan? To get your throne back? To send your family home? To possibly get your discarded half?

Y/n looked at the collector a little surprised about the last question but remained composed.

Y/n: Correct

Collector: "Correct"? So boring... Anyway, If I do this for you, you need to give me some titans blood. And I know yours isn't good. You are not a titan.

Y/n: Okay my shadowy friend. I'm not gonna ask why you need blood as I don't wanna know!

Collector: Cool! I'll meet you in a weeks time. I'm not too sure about the black goo look. That Elk skull is neat though.

The collector disappeared in a blink.

Y/n: Elk skull?

Y/n looks at his hand. The mark of an elk skull resting on it.

Y/n: Just when I think I reached my limit, this comes along and shows me I haven't.

Y/n was in thought. Thinking about every event that brought him here.

Y/n: Well while I'm here I might as well sleep in. Finally have no more titan things to do and no school for two days. It's not like they'll decimate the town.

Y/n went upstairs and went to sleep on his bed. In two days, two owl beast rampaged the town and Luz ended up ruining some library equipment. Both of which he stayed out of. That was the end of the weekend.

Luz: Y/n! Y/n get up!

Y/n looked at the person who disturbed him.

Luz: We have school! Plus we gotta get people palismen!

Y/n: Oh yeah... Palisman Pairing day.

Luz: Aren't you excited to get a Palisman?

Y/n presses his thumb on his amulet and his Palisman came out from it.

Y/n: Don't worry about it my son. She didn't mean it. You aren't getting replaced.

Luz: Oh yeah! I forgot you have one. You always use it as a staff.

Y/n: He's more than a staff. He's family! I've bonded with him

Luz raised an eyebrow.

Flashback

Y/n and his Palisman are sitting next to each other watching videos on his phone.

Present

Y/n: That was still bonding!

Y/n grew a collection of scales on both his hands and clapped once. Once he did his uniform was on and he looked like he did everything he was supposed to do before putting his uniform on.

Y/n: Alright let's go.

Y/n walked downstairs from their room.

Luz: But I'm not ready!

Y/n (From Downstairs): Look up and down once!

Luz looked up and looked down to see she was in uniform.

Luz: Is this an illusion?!

Y/n (From Downstairs): Its Dark Magic! It's real!

Cut to Luz and Y/n flying on his staff.

Y/n: I almost forgot to mention, Have you seen a shadow? Like a moving, talking one. Speaks in rhymes?

Luz: No? Are you going crazy?

Y/n: No. It's a hypothetical question. I heard rumors about it somewhere.

Luz: Okay...

Y/n: You know, we haven't talked since we came here.

Luz: You were always doing something.

Y/n chuckled a little.

Y/n: Good point. Maybe we can do something once school is done. Speaking of, we're about to land.

Y/n lands his staff in front of the school safely and they both get off. Y/n's staff turns into a palisman.

Luz: Whats your palismans name?

Y/n: I don't know. How about... Ninlado.

Luz: I like it.

Y/n: Thanks. Anyway, let's begin the da-

He walked up to the school and then had a passing thought. His legs soon turned to stone. As well as his entire body. He then fell over.

Luz: Y/n?

Y/n (Muffled): It seems my body can't function at the moment.

Luz pushed him away from the school and he began to move again

Luz: Are you scared or something?

Y/n: ...

Y/n was nervous.

Y/n: Y'Know what, Maybe I shouldn't go to school! I hear school makes your bones rot! Okay, bye!

Y/n got up and walked away.

Luz: Wait a minute!

Y/n (Thinking): Damn it.

Luz inspected y/n

Luz: Cold sweat. Petrification. Wanting to avoid certain places.

Luz looked y/n in his eyes.

Luz: You like someone don't you?

Y/n: ...What gave me away?

Luz: Everything.

Y/n: I still refuse to go. Nothing in this world will ever, and I mean ever, make me go- well I'll be danged. I'm here.

He was dragged into the school by Luz.

Luz: Now let's go to class. It's not like it's the end of the world. We'll talkabout it at the end of the day.

Y/n sighed. He walked very slowly as if there was mines everywhere all the way to class. As soon as he did he sat down and had his head down.

Teacher: Hey class! My name is Mr. Hemorrhage. Today in the advanced class we're going over some history with True Magic. Can anyone tell me what that is?

Someone behind y/n answers.

Student: In the time of wild witches, true magic was when magic was refined and funneled into a pure template. Something that was close to what titans could do.

Mr. Hemorrhage: Correct! But did you know that now, witches and demons from everywhere in the isles have worked to replicate true magic? This form is still not as strong as it's forgotten predecessor however even the coven heads use this replicated form to be where they are now. Now I would like to call everyone up to test their aptitude

Everyone groaned and y/n looked exactly the same as before. The class formed a line with y/n as the 5th person in line.

Mr. Hemorrhage: Alright, you channel all your magic and compress it until it can be formed into a template of choice. This template can be anything and will mold how you grow. Give it your best shot.

The student in front of the teacher closed their eyes and small cracks formed on the floor near the student. Water slowly came up and swirled around the student.

Mr. Hemorrhage: That's enough.

The water went back into the cracks at the water that made them in the first place healed them once in the ground.

Mr. Hemorrhage: You have a H- for Horrifying. Next!

Everyone else ended up doing something similar to that until y/n was reached.

Mr. Hemorrhage: Ah, Our Cursed King Of Nowhere. Let's see what you got.

Y/n (thinking): Alright. Remember your at full titan power. Don't start going crazy. Hold back so you don't destroy the school.

He closed his eyes and out of his wrist, Something arose. Like lightning made of fire it went around him at a calming pace. Y/n opened his eyes to see he was doing well.

Y/n (Thinking): It's going well! I don't know why I was so Ner-

Out a window the line was placed in front of displaying the inside of the school, he saw someone familiar.

Y/n (Thinking): Viney!

Y/n had lost control of what he was doing and in doing so his eyes lit up dark green. Outside the school, the same lighting that rose from his wrist was outside coming from clouds. It turned into a large storm that soon but slowly formed into a shape. A giant dragon reaching its claw for the school with the same lightning lighting up its eyes, nostrils, and mouth. Everyone was looking through another window displaying the outside to see it. It was a mix of amazement, jealousy, and fear running through everyone.

(Imagine red lightning instead of purple)

Y/n ran towards the window to see the demonic cloud in front of him.

Y/n (Thinking): Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, FUCK!

Y/n triend to make the storm stop but the moster continued its way towards the school. As if he couldn't make it stop. Scales went around his body until he became a death weaver.

Y/n: Go with the wind.

The clouds followed y/n's command as it receded. Everyone there clapped for him in amazement.

Mr. Hemorrhage: You are amazing! Five stars for you!

Y/n tilted his head.

Y/n: Really? Even though I almost turned everyone here to fiery ash, smoke and brimstone?

Mr. Hemorrhage: Yeah! You aren't as bad as Eda so you're okay!

As soon as the teacher finished his sentence, the bell rang.

Mr. Hemorrhage: Well this was an unnaturally short period but study up! Hopefully you can reach the level of our star student here!

Everyone left the class including y/n. For a single moment, y/n forgot all his troubles existed. Yet it was only a moment. Y/n bumped into Viney. Y/n's body was very close to turning into stone but he took a deep breath and was feeling normal.

Y/n: Hey, Viney...

Y/n's face was going red. The same could be said for Viney.

Viney: I was looking for you! Did you see the storm outside?

Y/n: That was me. It was an accident while doing work in class.

Viney: At least you're safe.

Viney hugged him for about five seconds. Y/n's face was even more red than it ever could have been and Viney's soon did as well. She ended the hug and broke away from him.

Y/n: ...

There was silence until they both slowly walked away from each other. As the rest of the day went by, everyone was talking about the storm he had caused. It became a hot topic of discussion throughout the day. The people in his class had taken the credit for it so the attention was entirely adverted from him. Once he reached third period, everyone was called out to a field. He was there with the entire school but especially close to his sister and her friends. Bump was in front of everyone.

Luz: Hey, Willow. Shouldn't Amity be here?

Willow: Oh, sorry, Luz. I heard she stayed home today.

Luz: Oh. That actually makes sense.

Principal Bump: Good tidings on this momentous day. You're all about to receive your witches' staffs and, more importantly, meet your Palisman. This is a crucial step in your magical development. Palismen are lifelong partners. They can be both your good friends and a powerful tool. In my case...

Bump snaps his fingers and Frewin opens his eyes, jumps off his head and turns into a staff, revealing Bump's body length black hair and the scar on his right eye, his left one closed. The class gasps in awestruck.

Luz: Holy Titan!

Y/n: Dam- Dang! He looks so cool...

Principal Bump: ...Frewin here, helps me see.

Eda steps forward.

Eda: Now, traditionally, young witches carve their staffs from the branch of an old Palistrom tree.

Principal Bump: But sadly, Palistrom trees are becoming more rare. And those that remain are guarded covetously.

Y/n (thinking): They are? I spawn a bunch of tress for my stand.

Eda: That's why I've teamed up with Bumpipoo...

Principal Bump: Never call me that.

Eda: ...to bring you...

The Bat Queen flies down from nowhere and lands on the object.

Bat Queen: Palisman adoption day!

Luz: They're so cute!

Eda: Thanks for the favor, BQ. Here's your whistle back.

Bat Queen: Save it for another time. This was my pleasure. What a wonderful idea.

One of the palismen, a red cardinal, escapes the shelter, but Bump picks them up and puts them back.

Principal Bump: Nope! You're staying right here.

Luz: Aw. Little rascal!

Bat Queen: These little ones have not had homes in many years. They want to feel a connection. Kneel and state your deepest wish, and your like-minded partner will find you.

Boscha: Ugh, I want my own Palisman, not some trashy hand-me-down.

Willow: Your loss!

Willow shoves Boscha as she runs up to the nest.

Willow: I want to be strong and wise to protect everyone I love. And if anyone gets in my way, they'll feel the sting of defeat.

Bat Queen: Tender yet tenacious. Clover gives her support.

Clover, a bee palisman, flies out of the shelter and over to Willow. She chitters.

Willow: Oh!

The Palisman transforms into a staff.

Willow: Oh, my gosh! I'm gonna take such good care of you.

Gus: Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Boscha pushes Willow away to go in front of the shelter

Boscha: Outta my way! I want to play professional grudgby!

Bat Queen: A competitive spirit. Maya will be thrilled.

Maya, a crab palisman, hops up to Boscha and becomes her staff.

Boscha: Okay. This is pretty cool.

Viney: I want to open my own veterinary clinic for mythical pets.

A manticore palisman rises and becomes her staff.

Viney: All right!

Gus: Dad wants me to become a master illusionist, but that's easy. So instead, I'll become an ambassador to the Human Realm and re-establish contact with the giraffes!

Y/n: I don't know about that one Gus. They pick up kids now. I've seen them in action.

A blue chameleon palisman climbs up to Gus and becomes his staff.

Pufferfish Guy: I just want to make it to graduation.

Pufferfish Guy then sees a sloth palisman hanging on his arm, which turns into his staff.

Pufferfish Guy: Yes!

The Class murmurs while everyone gets palismen.

Everyone watches Luz as she takes her turn.

Luz: I want to be a witch!

None of the Palismen approach her.

Luz: Uh... probably just takes a little longer 'cause I'm a human, right?

Y/n: Be more specific maybe?

Bat Queen: Palismen bond through emotion. I do not sense any conviction from you.

Luz: That's impossible. I'm Luz, I'm chock full of conviction!

Principal Bump: Perhaps specificity would help. There are many kinds of witches. What do you hope to accomplish with your magic?

Luz: Oh, uh... get home to my mom?

Gus: Would you still train to be a witch in the human realm?

Boscha: Can you even do magic there?

Luz: Huh, I guess I never thought that far ahead.

Eda: You okay, Luz?

Cut to the Owl House at nighttime. Luz is pacing around her room. Y/n is there looking at her.

Luz: I stayed here because I wanted to learn magic, right? I wanted to be a witch like Eda and Azura. But what does that even mean? And I read stories like this. The main character always has to return home, and what? Did I expect to be a witch back in Connecticut? Mmm. Yeah, I wouldn't want to be my palisman either.

Y/n looked at her sisters pain and wished he knew what to say but he didn't. At the same time, Outside their room door, Eda and King listen in, share a look and leave. Soon after, A bird palisman hops out of Luz's bag.

Luz: It's you! Did you come here for me?

Y/n: He stowed away! I like his style.

The bird hops around Luz's room.

Luz: No. Of course not. Come on, little dude.

Luz grabs her cape and runs out the room.

Y/n: She's gonna do something that gets her in trouble. Oh well.

He turned into a death weaver immediately.

Y/n: I'll meet you there.

In an enormous non-flammable spark, he was gone with only what looked like electricity spreading and leaving the house.

Cut to Hexside grudgby field. Luz stops in front of the palismen shelter, and touches the force shield covering it. Far away from that, The lightning that went outside the house reformed into regular y/n. He watched Luz as she was doing something.

Luz: How are we supposed to get through this?

The bird presses against the force field, causing it to disappear.

Luz: Ooh, palismen powers. Neat!

Luz opens the door to let the bird in, waking all the other palismen inside.

Luz: Aw. All right. I'm not leaving here until I figure out what my future is, and one of you becomes my palismen! What if... I use my powers to become a popular magician back in the human realm? No, I'm horrible at card tricks. What if... I stay on the Boiling Isles, and become a rugged bounty hunter? Nah, I'm too lovable. Oh! If I go back...

Time passes. All the palismen are sleeping, and Luz laying is down with them. She yawns. Y/n is still there. Playing ping pong with a shadow using plans magic to make the paddles and the table.

Luz: What if... I open a magic pet shop, but it's password protected. The password is, "You're a little angel."

The bird chrips back. Suddenly, the palismen shelter is lifted off the ground by something. Luz opens the door. Y/n looks to see what was happening from his side to see. An airship was carrying his sister away. He instantly turned into a death weaver and in a spark, he was gone leaving only electricity going in the direction of the airship.

Luz: Hey, we're a little busy in... here?

Luz sees that they are no longer on ground and gasps. She looks up to see that an airship is carrying them. Luz turns to the palisman.

Luz: I think we're being kidnapped!

All the palismen start whimpering and shivering in fear.

Luz: Don't worry. I'll figure this out.

Luz uses a plant glyph to climb onto the airship, and sees the Golden Guard steering while whistling.

Luz: Who is this guy?

Luz sneaks up behind the Golden Guard, and slaps a fire glyph on his back.

Luz: Hi-yah!

Golden Guard: Huh?

He Screams as he rockets off of the airship.

Luz: He'll be fine. Okay, how do I land this thing? Huh.

Golden Guard: Oh, you just pull that cord above your head.

Luz: Thank y--eh?!

The Golden Guard has returned and is lying on the dashboard.

Golden Guard: Hiiiii.

The Golden Guard fires a spell to tie Luz up with ropes, which knocks her off her feet.

Luz: Wha- Hey!

Golden Guard: Good to see you too, human.

Luz: Why are you stealing palismen?! Who even are you?!

Golden Guard: Frankly, You should be more concerned about yourself. For the crime of rocketing me off my own ship, you'll be locked in the dingiest cell in the Conformatorium, for the rest of your sad little life.

Luz: Whatever. I broke out of there like, twice.

Golden Guard: Then we'll just zap you to dust and throw you into the sea. That better?

Luz pouts and grumbles in response.

Golden Guard: Good.

The Golden Guard returns to steering the airship. Luz looks at the deck, which has scuff marks. Getting an idea, she starts drawing a glyph with her foot.

Luz: Say, how did you get back on the ship so fast?

Golden Guard: Staff.

Luz: Cool.

Luz activates the ice glyph, and it sends the Golden Guard's staff flying off the airship.

Golden Guard: No!

Luz chuckles, giving off a smug expression.

Golden Guard: Human, it'll take more than that to thwart my mission.

Suddenly, a hand dragon lands on the airship and roars.

Luz: What is that?

The dragon proceeds to rip the airship's balloon, causing Luz and the Golden Guard to fall from the sky. Luz and the Golden Guard both scream as the airship crashes. Cut to Luz regaining consciousness after the crash. The palisman that began this chrips as he pecks at the ropes tied around her.

Luz: Huh? Little rascal?

The bird breaks the ropes around Luz break, freeing her.

Luz: Oh, thank you.

Luz groans

Luz: My head!

Luz finds the Golden Guard's staff, and grasps it in her hands. She hears him groaning, and sees his unconscious body nearby.

Guard Captain: Kikimora, ma'am.

Luz turns the other way when she overhears speaking.

Guard Captain: We found the palismen. They seem rattled but unharmed.

Luz peeks out behind a rock, watching Kikimora and the Guard Captain talk. Kikimora is holding the Golden Guard's helmet behind her back.

Kikimora: Very good, Captain. Return to the city and prepare them for travel.

Guard Captain: Is it true, ma'am? Is the Golden Guard really...

Kikimora holds up the Golden Guard's helmet.

Kikimora: This is all that remains.

Kikimora: Such a horrible accident. Probably caused by the incompetent pilot.

Guard Captain: I'll... alert the castle. Scouts! To Latissa!

The Guard Captain and the Coven scouts leave the scene. Once alone, Kikimora blows on a whistle, summoning the same dragon that caused the ship to crash.

Kikimora: Excellent work, my pet.

Kikimora holds up the Golden Guard's helmet for her dragon.

Kikimora: Now, find the rest of him and have yourself a nice little snack.

Her dragon eats the Golden Guard's mask.

Kikimora: I'll call for you soon.

Kikimora leaves. Luz and Flapjack look back at the Golden Guard. The bird chrips.

Luz: Don't worry. I won't leave him.

The bird hops onto Luz's shoulder. They walk over to the unmasked Golden Guard. Cut to a closeup of his unmasked face.

Luz: This is the Golden Guard?

Luz looks down at him.

Luz: It looks like he could be a student at Hexside.

Luz slowly leans near the Golden Guard, then slaps him in the face.

Luz: Wake up!

The Golden Guard Jumps awake and yells.

Golden Guard: Wha- you!

Luz: Shh!

Luz puts hand over the Golden Guard's mouth to silence him.

Luz: Listen. You are a bad person, and I do not like you. But Kikimora is trying to kill you and unfortunately, I'm too nice to let that happen!

Luz removes her hand from his mouth in disgust, revealing that it is covered in slobber.

Luz: Ugh, are you licking my hand?!

Luz puts her saliva covered hand in his face.

Luz: I'm trying to help you!

Golden Guard: Why should I believe you?

The Golden Guard puts hand in Luz's face.

Luz: Because...

They stop fighting when they hear Kikimora's dragon return. Her dragon spots the Golden Guard's cloak and devours it as Luz and the Golden Guard sneak away from the scene.

The duo walk to the town of Latissa, the Golden Guard taking the lead.

Luz: Whew, man, Kikimora must hate you. Whoa! I haven't been outside Bonesborough that much, Latissa is so cool! Wait! Where are you going? Hey man, I just saved your life, the least you could do is tell me your name.

The Golden Guard huffs at her, and goes over to Police Precinct 206. Luz gasps. The Golden Guard approaches scouts.

Golden Guard: Scouts! Direct me to your communications room. I need to contact the castle immediately.

The Golden Guard slides down his glove, showing the scouts his Emperor's Coven tattoo.

Emperor's Coven Scout 1: Cute. I didn't know kids your age were still into temporary tattoos.

Emperor's Coven Scout 2: Yeah, show us your badge number.

Golden Guard: I am your superior, and I can prove it! Staff.

Luz: Hmm?

Luz hides the staff behind her back.

Emperor's Coven Scout 2: Isn't it a little late for you kids to be outside?

Emperor's Coven Scout 1: Yeah, go home before we call your parents.

The Golden Guard glares angrily at Luz, and starts to chase her. Luz runs through townspeople.

Luz: Uh, excuse me. Sorry.

A cat yowls and hisses at them. The Golden Guard shoves it out of the way, making it fall down. Luz pushes down a garbage can, and the Golden Guard jumps over it. She leaps over a ledge, and falls on a set of stairs, spilling eyeballs out of one the monter's baskets.

Luz: Sorry.

Shortly after, the Golden Guard lands on his feet, and continues chasing her. Luz turns and runs down an alleyway. She stops and quickly begins to draw an ice glyph in the dirt. The Golden Guard arrives and runs towards her. She activates the ice glyph.

Luz: Ice glyph!

Luz launches herself onto the top of a building. She looks over the edge to see the Golden Guard standing, not doing anything.

Luz: Come on, Don't you know any, like, levitation spells?

The Golden Guard glares at Luz, then looks away.

Luz: Are you powerless without this?

The Golden Guard walks away. He then leaps onto different objects to get on top of the building. He then dodges Luz's energy beam attacks from his staff.

Luz: Back up, or--or else!

Golden Guard: Or else what?

He walks towards Luz.

Golden Guard: Gonna blast me to bits? Nah, you're too nice for that. Fly away? Uh-uh, you know you can't do that either. 'Cause then you'll be leaving behind your precious palismen. You don't tend to think things through, do you human?

Luz bites her lip while small sparks come from a close area. Kikimora's dragon lands at Police Precinct 206.

Golden Guard: So Kikimora was after my catch.

Luz: Seems like neither of us want her to win right now. So, let's work together to take back those palismen.

Golden Guard: Then what? You think I'll just let you walk away with them?

Luz: Maybe you won't have a choice!

Luz spins the Golden Guard's staff around.

Luz: I'm more formidable than you think.

Luz almost drops it over the edge, but catches it.

Golden Guard: I doubt that, but fine. A truce till then.

Luz extends her hand

Luz: Truce!

When the Golden Guard reaches to shake it, she takes her hand away.

Luz: Too slow.

Cut to a shot of the Golden Guard's displeased reaction.

Golden Guard: Let's just get this over with...

Cut to black. Return to the Golden Guard as he sneaks down to ground level to steal something in a bag. He climbs back up the building and sees Luz drawing two connected glyphs.

Golden Guard: Huh, I've never seen magic like this. What will it do?

Luz: Well, we don't want to spook Kikimora's steed, because it might drop the nest and hurt the palismen! So, using these fire and ice spells, I can command the glyphs to produce a thick mist!

Golden Guard: And the sleeping nettles?

Luz: They're essential! Combined with the magic mist, it'll create-

Golden Guard: A sleep-inducing smoke, forcing Kikimora to land.

Luz looks at him surprised.

Golden Guard: Oh, um, I-- I-I read a similar spell in Bones to Earth-

Luz: -A Study of Wild Magic! Eda once pickpocketed the guy who wrote it.

Golden Guard: I've never seen glyphs before, but, it seems very similar to the elemental magic practiced in the Savage Ages.

Luz: Really?

Golden Guard: Actually, not many people know this, but... No. No, no, no, no. This stuff is restricted for a reason. You should forget about it before you're hurt.

Luz: Uh huh... Other than Lilith, I've never spoken to someone inside the Emperor's Coven. What made you want to join?

Golden Guard: You were right before. I'm a powerless witch. A lot of my ancestors were. I never thought I'd have a future in a world like this. But then, Belos found me and gave me a staff with artificial magic. He said the Titan had big plans for me.

Luz: At least you have your future figured out now.

Golden Guard: At least you can figure out your own.

The bird hops toward him and pecks his leg.

Golden Guard: Hey! Stop, get away from me!

Luz: He's just being friendly.

Golden Guard: I don't care! These things are made from wild magic. It's dangerous.

Luz: And does he look dangerous to you?

Kikimora's dragon flies into the air.

Luz: Masks on.

Luz and the Golden Guard both put on their masks.

Luz: Once they're surrounded by the smoke, we'll need to stay close to see where they land.

The Golden Guard nods. Luz offers the staff back to the Golden Guard.

Golden Guard: Are you sure?

Luz: Just take it!

Kikimora's dragon flies overhead. Luz activates the connected glyphs. After, she gets on the Golden Guard's staff, to go after the dragon. Kikimora and her dragon both get sleepy.

Golden Guard: I think it's working.

Luz activates a light glyph to lead Kikimora in their direction.

Kikimora: Stop!

Kikimora's dragon crashes onto the ground and falls asleep. Kikimora herself is thrown off the saddle and lands on the ground. Luz and the Golden Guard land.

Luz: The palismen!

Luz runs toward the palismen to check on them.

Luz: Hello, babies. Aw, you guys must be so cold and scared. Here, make sure you share. Now, stay in here, okay? We'll get you home safe and-

The Golden Guard points his staff at Luz.

Luz: Right, I didn't think this through. Again.

Luz shuts the palismen shelter's door and stands, staring at the Golden Guard, upset.

Luz: So you're really gonna do this? You're just gonna hand all these innocent little guys over to Belos? I know what he does with them. I thought you might've been a good guy. But I guess that was just wishful thinking. You're not my friend, you're just some Golden Guard.

After a moment, the Golden Guard shows signs of wavering before taking his mask off.

Golden Guard: My name is Hunter.

Just as he said that, a bolt of magic was shot at him but some nearby lightning reformed in front of it to block it. Y/n had jumped in and took the shot. He stood his ground as if nothing happened after that.

Y/n: I've been waiting to step in you know. I just didn't know the right time.

Y/n looked at where the shot came from to see it was kikimora.

Kikimora: You! I know that voice!

Y/n: And I know that hairline. Your point?

Four hands grabbed kikimora and held her up. Y/n walked up to her and chopped her head, knocking her out. A portal opened under her and the hands let her go, dropping her in front of the emperors castle.

Y/n: Now as for you.

Y/n walked up to both of them

Y/n: Why are you out here?! Do you have any idea how far it was from home to get here?! As lightning too?!

Luz and Hunter were looking at y/n with some worry. Y/n facepalmed himself.

Y/n: Look, I can't exactly hear well when I'm lightning but you're Hunter, Right?

Hunter nodded.

Y/n: Look, I'm not gonna give you a single palisman here so I'll split the difference and give you some palistrom wood. Will that suffice.

Hunter was not doing anything as if he was mulling it over.

Y/n: Too bad, it wasn't a question.

Y/n's eyes glowed green and 20 blocks of wood appeared in front of hunter.

Y/n: What's the right word... Oh right! Ehem, BYEEE!

A portal opened behind him and y/n drop kicked him through with the wood to the emperors castle. Y/n then turned to Luz.

Y/n: Luz, Don't scare me like that. Please. The entire time I was watching I thought "what if he mask falls off and she goes to sleep?" Or "What if Hunter shoots her dead?". I can carry the palismen but you need to go home.

Luz looked at her older brother and gave a reply.

Luz: Sorry. I just wanted to help the little guy out. Can I at least come with you while you carry the palismen?

Y/n: Deal.

Y/n did a spell circle and a portal opened, revealing shadows from within them. The all carried the shelter and followed y/n as he moved. Luz was beside him as he did.

Luz: So I have a few questions.

Y/n: Ask away.

Luz: HOW DID YOU TURN INTO LIGHTNING?! WAS THAT STORM FROM HEXSIDE YOU?! YOU CAN MAKE PALISTROM WOOD?!

Y/n snickered at all the questions.

Y/n: Hah! That's a trade secret. Yes it was, sadly. and Yes I can make palistrom wood.

They talked the whole way to the field, catching up on old times. Luz and y/n made their way home and dropped on their beds once they reached their room.

Y/n: We still walked miles. No wonder our legs hurt.

Luz: Plus it's 7 a.m..

As soon as they were going to drop to sleep, Eda is perched on her windowsill sporting a massive proud smile on her face.

Eda: I'd thought I'd find you here.

King: We could've used the door!

Luz: We want sleep.

Y/n's face was on a pillow so anything he said was muffled.

Y/n: Our bodies can't move anymore.

Eda tosses a small log to Luz

Luz: Whew. Uh, how... thoughtful?

Eda: It's palistrom wood, ya ding-dong!

King: Now you can make your own palismen!

Luz: But-- But how? Isn't this super rare?

Eda: Let's just say that the Bonesborough Garden Club--

King: Was robbed! By us!

Eda gives Luz a thumbs up.

Luz: I don't know what to say...

Eda: No pressure, but whenever you know what you want, we'll start carving.

Luz: If it's okay, I'd like some time to think. It's hard to picture my future without seeing my mom.

Eda: Eh, there's no rush. Just know that whatever you need from us, we gotcha.

Luz: Thanks.

Luz puts the wood in her summer camp bag.

Cut to Hunter kneeling in the Emperor's throne room. He's back in uniform but lacks his helmet.]l

Emperor Belos: So, you return with nothing. Is this the thanks I get for taking you in?

Hunter: Of course not. I brought palistrom wood! and maybe if you told me how wild magic did this to you, then maybe ——

Belos aims a sharp spike that barely misses Hunter's ear.

Hunter: My apologies. I spoke out of turn. It won't happen again.

Emperor Belos: These outbursts are painful and so is watching you fail. I know you can do better, Hunter.

Outside, Kikimora is approaching the doors to the room when Hunter steps out, causing her to stop.

Kikimora: Golden Guard? Y-You're alive! I mean, I heard about the crash in Latissa.

Hunter: Luckily, some travelers picked me up out of the wreckage. So I'm actually doing great. Looks like you had a rough night though.

Kikimora seethes and glares at him. Cut to Hunter's room. He walks over to his bed and lies down.

Hunter: I can help, if I just knew a little more...

A chirp is heard in his room. Hunter sits up and sees  the bird palisman at the windowsil.

Hunter: Palisman!

Hunter squeezes him, the bird chrips. Hunter then lets him go.

Hunter: Oh! Sorry. You shouldn't be here. It'd be bad if Belos saw you.

The bird turns into a staff, which falls into Hunter's hands.

Hunter: Oh! I was not expecting that.

Hunter walks over to the window with his new staff, and gazes longingly.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

52.8K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
12.4K 421 17
Luz had always hid her true self because of her family, because of what she was, but when she finds the Demon Realm, she has the chance to be herself...
9.2K 380 35
Luz along with her best friend Ava, adventure the world of magic and meet a witch named Eda and a little demon named King. Ava is a little special...
12K 286 34
~Owl House Fanfic~ Podarge was the child of a Titan and a witch. From a young age they were shunned for being a hybrid, given the name "a harpy." Th...