Finding Aria (Wᴀᴛᴛʏ Aᴡᴀʀᴅs 20...

By foreverpurple1000

(Completed)- Aria Cadence has lost her passion to sing. For seventeen years, what she once thought was a beau... More

Finding Aria
Copyright
Prologue!
1-♪- Goodbye Apathy
2-♫-Pitter-Pat
3-♪- Chasing Pavements
4-♫-Turning Pages
5-♪- Set Fire to the Rain
6-♫- Crazy
7-♪- Say When
9-♪- All To Well
10-♪- Distance
11-♫-Hotspur
12-♪- If You're Not The One
13-♫- Field Trip
14-♪- She Said, You're Going To Lose That Girl
15-♫-Stuck
16-♪- Drunken Masses
17-♫- Give me Love Little Bird to Run A Thousand Miles
18-♪- Hangovers and Bacon
19-♫-The Scientist of Narnia and Heartbreak
20-♪-Home
21. I Will Follow You into the Dark~ Part One
21-♫- Follow You into the Dark~ Pt. 2
22-♪- Make You Feel My love My Little Iris
author's note
23-♫- It Means A Lot To You
24-♪- Sunday Morning
25 -♫- Never Stop (Part one)
25-♫-Guardian Angel (part 2)
26-♪- Be Still
27-♫- Warning Signs
28-♪- Collide
29-♫- Time After Time <3
30-♪-Just Give Me A Reason
Authors note
31-♫- Only You Can Hear My Heart
32-♪- You and Me
33-♫-Right Here Waiting
33-♪- If I Lose Myself
Check It Out!
34-♫- Save the last Dance For me
35-♪-Read All About It
36-♫- Hazy
37-♪-Diamonds
38-♫-From Where You Are
39-♪- So Much Depends
40-♫- Call
41-♪- Nightingale
42-♫-Longest Night
43-♪-The Lonely *
44-♫-Waiting For Superman
45-♪- Rough Waters
46-♫- Till My Heart Stops Beating
47-♪- You're the Reason I Come Home
~Epilogue~
Important Author's Note

8-♫- Someone Like You

17.8K 652 59
By foreverpurple1000

♫-Chapter Eight

Recap:

            “If she doesn’t want to talk to you, I advise you to leave sir,” the man hisses at teegan.

            Teegan groans. “She’s my girlfriend!”

            What!

            “I’m sorry, wha-“ I begin right before Teegan grabs the back of my neck.

            He leans in closer and his stormy eyes stare intently into mine. His warm breath brushes against my lips. I feel myself start to shut down as his lips briefly touch mine like a butterfly kiss.

            “Just once,” he murmurs before he brings his lips to mine.

                                                            ~*~

            Holding me tight, Teegan has one hand on my neck and the other cradling my cheek.

            The kiss was sweet… perfect…. my first.

            There was certain desperateness and urgency to the kiss that left me breathless and dizzy as he kissed me.

            I wasn’t at the fair anymore or in a world where I felt like I didn’t even know who I was, I was just…here. I was here wrapped in the arms of Teegan, the boy who managed to snag my heart in just the few days I met him.

            Even if this kiss happened because Teegan wanted to prove something, I couldn’t even stop myself from enjoying it. It was my first kiss.

            Pulling me closer, I gasp as I feel us both lifting up.

            The Ferris wheel began to clamber to a start and I briefly see the operator man whistling as he starts it.

            I didn’t have much time to dwell on the actions of the operator man because as soon as my lips broke from Teegan’s, Teegan grabs my face and kisses me again.

            This time, the kiss was softer, gentler… Like we had all the time in the world.

            I brush my thumb softly over his cheekbone and feel him falter slightly. Taking this as encouragement, I scoot myself closer and wind my fingers into his hair, the soft strand slipping through my fingers like satin.

            Teegan chuckles softly before continuing to kiss me.

            Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew that I shouldn’t be doing this but the stronger part of me wanted this.

            I felt alive…I felt like something other than a robot that just did what I was told.

            And I was intoxicated by the feeling just as much as I was addicted to Teegan.

            Feeling myself get a bit lightheaded, I turn my head slightly to break the kiss and I hear Teegan huskily mutter, “tease” right my ear.

            Smiling, I open my eyes to see Teegan’s Silver ones staring at me happily. He bends once more to place a soft kiss on my lips before straightening again.

            Staring at him, I begin to wonder how I even came to know a guy like him. His black hair dances about in the wind, his grey eyes bright and his lips red as he ruffles my hair and looking behind me.

            It wasn’t until I heard him whistle lowly that I snapped by into reality. I look to where Teegan is looking and freeze.

            We were at the top of the Ferris wheel. The top. Gasping out a choked out laugh, I stare at the brilliant lights illuminated below. The smell of candy apples and cotton candy attack my senses once more and the cooling lisp of the airbrushes over my skin.

            I was elated. Happier than I think I have ever been.

            Down below us, people look like ants bustling about on the ground from where we are.

            Teegan whoops loudly thrusting both of his arms up in the arm.

            “I just kissed the girl I have wanted to kiss for the past week!” Teegan yells out into the air.

            Teegan closes his eyes, his face toward the skies as I stare at him.

            I couldn’t even stop the goofy smile from spreading across my face.

            Maybe it was from my over-hyped feeling of happiness or maybe it was just the joy of the carnival surround me, either way I found myself cupping my hands over my mouth and screaming:

            “I just got kissed on the top of a Ferris wheel!”

            The town lights twinkle softly against the blackened sky. They were like Christmas lights on a tree, blinking and twinkling beautifully.

            My heart feels like it’s soaring in the air and right at that moment, who was to tell me that it wasn’t?

            Feeling Teegan take my hand, he brushes his lips across my knuckles before facing me with hesitant eyes.

            “I’m guessing you want an explanation,” he sighs, a half-smile on his face.

            Smiling secretly, Teegan props his long legs onto the seat across from us before literally turning my body to face him.

            Once satisfied with my position, Teegan grins cutely before smacking his hands together, the noise piercing the air.

            “Okay, I think we should play the game where you ask a question and then I ask a question,” Teegan says, grinning mischievously at me.

            I glare at him. “No fair.”

            Teegan laughs at me, the skin around his eyes crinkling a bit. I look down to stop the urge to kiss him again.

            “Fine,” Teegan says still laughing. “You can get two skips and I only get one skip for the questions we don’t want to answer.”

            “How does that even make a difference? It’s still the same game,” I protest pouting.

            Teegan flicks me on the forehead.

            “Just this time. Please,” he begs me his gorgeous eyes widening into the cutest face.

            I slap a hand over my eyes. “Fine….” I groan out.

            Just as I am about to uncover my eyes, I feel Teegan kiss me on the lips.

            My eyes widen in surprise and Teegan shrugs shyly.

            “I wanted to…” he half explains looking away from me.

            I laugh at his sudden shyness, resting my legs across his.

            “Fine, I start.  Why didn’t you say anything when you knew we had met before?”

            Teegan frowns at me. “You don’t beat around the bush do you?”

            Shrugging from my impatience to know the answer, Teegan sighs.

            “I was afraid you would hate me and leave,” he mutters.

            A few moments of silence pass between us the sound of silent whispers from the wind caressing my neck.

            “So your solution was to just leave me standing there…” I say slowly, a bit of bitterness seeping in.

            Teegan looks up at me, his expression regretful. “I didn’t know what to do…”

            Pursing my lips, I place a finger on my bottom lip thoughtful.

            “Is that why you ignored me?” I continue.

            Teegan stiffens, plucking a loose thread from his shirt. He doesn’t look at me.

            “Te-“

            “It’s my question, not yours,” Teegan says quickly, slightly snappy.

            Sinking back into my seat slightly at the change in the mood, Teegan growls in frustration, burying a hand in his hair.

            “Dangit. I screwed up again. Please don’t be mad,” he pleads with me, squeezing my hands tightly in his.

            “I’m not,” I say soothing him from his panicked look.

            “You’re right. It is your question,” I say trying to ease the sudden hesitant mood.

            Teegan flashes me a half-hearted smile before settling back into his seat, a thoughtful expression on his face as I watch people ambling around on the ground.

            “Was I your first kiss?”

            His tone was slightly serious but he sounded amused….

            I feel my face start to heat up.

            “What!-of course not! I’ve gone out with a lot of guys! I’ve kissed them and…stuff…..” I trail off, mumbling over my words as look away.

            Silence fills the air and I feel like I am going to suffocate.

            For some irritating reason my eyes begin to fill out of my frustration and embarrassment. I was such a crybaby. I really was, I cried for everything.

            Trying to inconspicuously look the other way and wipe my moist tears, I clear my throat and pretend to look out at the sky to my right.

            How embarrassing.

            He was probably going to take one look at me and leave…. maybe he would even jump back off the seat and run away from me…

            Just as I raise my hand to rub my tears away, Teegan’s face pops into view as he moves his head trying to see what I was doing.

            I wave my head around trying to keep away from his vision.

            “Are you…crying?” he asks in disbelief.

            I don’t respond, sniffing softly and staring at the moon.

            Hormonal teenage girls…. Every guy wanted some of that. Right.

            “Why are you crying?” teegan chuckles trying to turn my face to his.

            I glower at him. “Don’t be daft, I’m not crying.”

            “Really?” Teegan inquires, a small smile on his lips.

            Shaking my head vigorously, Teegan suddenly turns serious, a calculating look in his eyes.

            “You know what?” Teegan says, his eyes piercing into mine.

            “What,” I mumble, staring at my hands.

            “I’m glad that you aren’t like the girls who have kissed every guy in her school and only go out to get in other guy’s pants.”

            I look at him in bewilderment, his tone earnest as he smiles at me.

            “So what? You haven’t been kissed before. It’s nothing to be ashamed of….” Teegan says softly, catching my eye.

            I feel my heart beat fast, my hands feeling sweaty.

            I was dreaming. That was the only plausible explanation. Good things like this didn’t happen to people like me….

            “Besides,” he says, lifting my chin up to look at him. “I’m glad that I was your first kiss. Even if it didn’t mean a lot to you, it meant a lot to me….”he trails off.

            I sit there pondering his words but before I can say something Teegan speaks.

            “Ok, your question now.”

            Taking Teegan’s offer for a topic change, I look up at the sky trying to rack my mind for something. Teegan hums softly.

            “I’m guessing that if I ask the question of why you ignored me you will just choose to skip it…” I begin. Teegan nods sadly, confirming my answer. “So…tell me about your family….”

            Teegan unleashes his breath-taking smile and I feel my breath catch in my throat.

            Clearing it, I fold my hands and listen attentively.

            “I am the only boy in my family,” Teegan begins, smiling at a memory as he absent mindingly rubs circles on the palm of my hand.

            Focus Aria. Focus woman.

            “My older sister Caitlin is 23, her fiancé is Trevor. For the longest time, Caitlin was like my mother figure as I grew up because my mother worked everyday so she didn’t really have the time or the leisure to spend time with us…” Teegan trails off, his voice sounding slightly melancholy.

            I feel my heart clench.

            “But my mother,” Teegan laughs, admiration in his eyes. “She’s one heck of a woman. I swear, she has more energy and happiness than everyone I have ever met. Even with everything that has happened to her, she wakes up every morning with a smile on her face. She’s my inspiration despite everything in my life right now.”

            I smile, watching Teegan become more animated as he described his family. A small pain of longing fills my heart but a greater part of me felt happy.

            I was happy for Teegan. That even if I wasn’t the one receiving the love of his family, he was, and I think that was enough for me to laugh and smile with him.

            “They sound…amazing,” I conclude, laughing as Teegan grins at me, ducking his head and running a hand through his messy hair.

            “But you must be spoiled rotten. Being the youngest and all….”I joke.

            Teegan pretends to pout at me, pushing my shoulder slightly.

            “I have a baby sister for your information,” Teegan coos at me “Her name is Kaida.”

            “Kaida” I ask, mulling over the unique name.

            Laughter fills Teegan’s eyes as I sit there idiotically rolling my tongue and trying to pronounce the name.

            “It’s Japanese for Little Dragon,” Teegan explains, flicking my nose.

            “So is your name supposed to mean big dragon or something?” I ask, faking a big, macho tone.

            Teegan throws me an exasperated look.

            “I don’t know, you tell me Aria. Do I kiss like one?” He asks me smugly.

            I choke on my laugh.

            I feel a blush rush up to my cheeks.

            Clapping my hands over my cheeks I aim a kick at Teegan.

            “Not funny,” I say, glaring at Teegan.

            “I’m laughing,” he retorts.

            We both smile at each other, a comfortable silence stretching before us.

            I look past teegan, the small murmur of people beginning to sound softer. After contemplating the time, I really begin to wonder how long we have been sitting on this Ferris wheel.

            As if sensing my question, Teegan taps my knee.

            “Can I ask my question now?”

            I nod reluctantly.

            “Will you Aria Cadence do me the greatest honor of escorting me to some gourmet hotdogs?” Teegan asks, his voice completely serious.

            One moment. Two moments…

            “No,” I blurt out.

            Teegan purses his lips at me.

            “Fine,” he says.

            Fine?

            Grabbing my hand, Teegan stands up abruptly, rocking the seats about erratically.

            I cling frantically to him, my eyes wide as I fear the scenario of falling.

            “I will make you go to dinner with me. If there’s one thing you need to know about me Ms. Aria, it’s that I don’t take rejection lightly” Teegan states. Wrapping an arm around my waist, he walks us over to the edge. It dips dangerously.

            “Any last response?” he asks, his lips at my ear. I shudder.

            When I don’t respond, Teegan grips the railing and prepares to jump off with me in his arms.

            Just as Teegan lifts up his leg, I can’t take it anymore.

            “Fine! Fine! I’ll go to dinner with you. But only if we can get the nice man to bring us down. No jumping out,” I spit out frantically, closing my eyes.

            “Scaredy cat,” Teegan mutters, teasing my as he pokes his head out of the seat.

            “Hey! Can you bring us down please?” Teegan calls out, his hand gripping mine.

            After a few seconds, the mechanical clank begins and I feel our seat lowering. It isn’t until we reach the bottom that the man grins down at us.

            “You lovers made up and everything?” he asks.

            I stare at the man, words frozen on my lips. What do I even say to that?

            We’re we even going out?

            What did the kiss even mean?

            “Sure did,” Teegan assures the man before taking my elbow and guiding my up from my seat.

            I hear the crack of sore bones and I groan, stretching. Just as I straighten myself, my stomach growls again.

            Teegan and the man chuckle lowly.

            “Right, food,” Teegan laughs, wrapping an arm securely around my shoulders.

            Waving one last goodbye to the operator man, Teegan and I walk aimlessly on the fairgrounds, the smell of roasted corn and cotton candy wafting in the air.

            “What do you feel like asking?” Teegan asks, looking at me.

            I stare at the assorted booths. Everything looked so good. Roasted corn with melted butter, sweet melt in the mouth cotton candy, fried bread dusted with powder sugar….

            Nodding to the corndog stand, Teegan takes me with him to stand in line.

            Feeling the air suddenly turn slightly awkward, I stare at the floor. I hated to admit it but without Teegan’s arm around my shoulder I felt slightly deprived.

            Sneaking a peak at Teegan’s profile I drink in his lean body, his broad shoulders, chiseled face….

            “Aria?”

            Huh?

            “What?” I ask snapping out of my reverie.

            “The man asked what you wanted on your hotdog,” Teegan says, a knowing smile on his lips.

            “Um…I’ll just have it with ketchup,” I stutter, my face reddening.

            Receiving our food, Teegan leads me to a table where he places the food in front of me.

            “Do you want some cotton candy?” Teegan asks me expectantly.

            I feel a smile light up my face before falling.

            “It’s alright. I don’t have any money with me and I already owe you for this-“ I say gesturing to the food.

            Teegan throws me an ‘are you serious look’

            “This is a date. I’ve got this covered,” Teegan states, not even replying for response as he makes his way to the long line waiting for the cotton candy.

            I watch as Teegan walks towards the line, a forgotten smile on my lips.

            My stomach twists and only one thought ran through my mind.

            He said date.

            We were on a date.

            Warmth fills my heart and I laugh in disbelief.

            Catching Teegan’s eye, he winks at me goofily before turning back to the line.

            And in that one flashing moment I swear, I saw what the future could feel like.

                                                                        ~*~

A/N- Hi :) How are you guys? I hope everyone is doing well. How do you guys feel about this chapter? if you think it needs improving please tell me. i really don't know what you guys think about this story or chapter if you don't give me feedback :)
I know this chapter is a little cheesy, i went to town with this one :) Please don't forget to vote and fan! Thanks again.

p.s, the song is Someone Like You by SafetySuit  

The beautiful cover was made by @IsaSecret

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.7K 2.3K 40
[ONC 2021 Honorable Mention & Round 2 Ambassador's Pick] [Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered, @Contemporarylit, @teenfiction] "There's something about...
5K 210 40
*Unedited* "What's so hard about just listening to what I have to say?" I plead. "I know that you would definitely be my forever but now it seems to...
6.6M 223K 49
Highest Ranking on hotlist: #1 #Wattpad Exclusive Story #New paid exclusive chapters available Her confusion multiplied, looking at the unrefined fur...
79.3K 3K 38
After an accident in eighth grade, Louisa Kelley was blind. Every day was a struggle for her as she tried to adjust to life both at school and at hom...