Love and Other Delusions | Ch...

By Anneti-social

Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli... More

Return to Liyue
Cold in Snezhnaya
A wave of Goodbyes
A short trip to Mondstadt
A song of chance
Return of the Hero
Hide and Seek
The Hunter
The Rebel
Waverider
On the shores of Narukami
The Witch, the Fox and the Puppet
Retracting Waters
Tidal Wave
Celestial Voyager
Momiji Dyed Battle
What Now Remains
Distant Crackling
Tide Withholder
Vortex of Turmoil
Havoc: Formless Blade
Havoc: Annihilation
Teapot to Call Home
The Puppet's Strings
Irodori Festival
Rustles from afar
The Puppet's Eyes
Bottoms Up
Strings
The Masterplan
Morepesok
Welcome Wagon
Empty Seat
Finale

Fickle Cloudstrike

1.4K 55 24
By Anneti-social

Childe successfully made it in time before everyone was stuffed. Thanks to Lumine's advertisement, his dish was a success to the guests.

Though she didn't really talk anyone into eating it, except for Ayaka, they noticed it was the only dish she ate a lot of, which of course peaked their interest.

After the feast everyone left satisfied and with a full stomach. Of course since Childe still had business with the Inazuman soldiers he was training, they were insisted to stay in the Kamisato Estate for longer.

Childe, of course, agreed since he thought it would be best for Lumine for the time being. At least there she'd have someone monitor her.

"You know, we still technically sleep somewhere else even without going anywhere." Lumine said.

"What?" Childe raised an eyebrow. They were in Lumine's designated room, listening to Paimon who was keeping Lumine up to date. She didn't know that Ayaka already did that but she didn't really want to interrupt.

"Since I caught a glimpse of what you guys did to the teapot, I'm kinda curious if you also added some furniture inside." Lumine said.

"Well, we didn't add much." Paimon said. "Just a couple of cabinets to Childe's room I guess." She added.

"Well, I did need somewhere to keep the clothes Ayato and Thoma kept giving me." Childe shrugged.

"Well look at you Mr. I'm Now an Inazuman Soldier." Lumine teased.

"What? They're comfortable." Childe said. "Still not as comfortable as my old clothes back at Snezchnaya but given the climate here, it's more appropriate."

"Yeah I'm not sure wearing thick clothes here would be as comfortable." Lumine laughed.

"Anyway, I don't think they'll mind if we sleep in our teapot." Lumine changed the subject.

"Yeah, they probably won't. I did go back and forth there before. Futons weren't as comfortable as regular beds." Childe shrugged.

"So that's why they put a bed on your room." Paimon crossed her arm and gave him a smug look.

"Hey, I insisted to just sleep in the teapot. They were the one that put the bed there." Childe defended himself.

"Well, maybe I should inform someone first before all three of us disappear in the teapot and freak them out." Lumine said.

"No need, Paimon will stay here and guard the teapot." Paimon volunteered.

"Are you sure?" Lumine asked.

"Yeah. Besides, this room also has a bed. And this bed is bigger that Paimon's." Paimon insisted.

"Alright, if you say so." Lumine said.

***

Once they arrived in the teapot, the two went on their separate ways to their respective rooms.

Even though Lumine was the one that insisted it, she somehow felt uneasy. She was unable to sleep at all.

"How long was I really out?" She asked herself.

She did hear a couple of times what happened when she was out, but they never really told her how long the span was when all of that happened. It bothered her a lot.

She looked around her room, trying to distract herself. She then noticed a box that wasn't there before. She stood up from her bed and went to the table that had the box on.

The moment she opened it, she was greeted by a couple of folded papers, letters. Along with a bunch of trinkets.

"Dear Lumine,

Today I fought a  bunch of Kairagis around the area. They weren't as strong as I thought but they were pretty tough. One of them dropped their handguards, it looked pretty old but I thought you might like it since Paimon said you liked collecting a lot of things.

Yours Truly,
Ajax"

She looked at the pile of trinkets and saw the old handguard he was talking about on the letter. She looked through all the other trinkets and saw a bunch of ores and other Inazuman specialties.

"Did he write all of this?" She asked, flipping through the papers and noticing all of them was indeed written by Childe.

Then one letter caught her attention.

"Hey,

It's been three weeks now. I'm starting to feel scared that you might not wake up. I-"

It wasn't signed, it was a little crumpled, the writing was a little smudged. It looked as though it wasn't supposed to be there.

"Three... weeks?" Lumine paused. "Was this the last letter? Did he write this recently? Of have I been out for longer?"

She felt guilt rush through her. "I've been letting them wait for that long? They took me in for that long?"

She took a deep breath and closed the box, setting the letters on her hand down the table.

She then rushed to Childe's room. When she was at the door, she paused and gently knocked on the door.

"Ajax? Are you still awake?" She asked.

No one replied, but she did hear footsteps going towards the door.

"What's the matter? Can't sleep?" Childe asked as he opened the door.

"I hope I didn't wake you." Lumine said.

"Quite the contrary. I was awake the whole time." Childe laughed.

It was only then that she noticed how big the bags under his eyes have gotten. Instead of saying anything, she gave him a tight hug.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked with a concerned voice.

"Thank you." She muttered.

"For what? The food earlier?" Childe laughed. "You're welcome. You must've missed eating a lot while you were sleeping." He joked.

She didn't say anything. She just kept her arms around him. "Someone's clingy today." Childe commented.

Lumine looked up at him with a pout before letting him go. She then sat down the edge of his bed, Childe followed.

"Alright, what's really in your mind?" Childe asked.

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" Lumine looked down.

"What?" Childe looked at her confused.

"Ajax, how long was I out?" She asked.

"A while, we already told-"

"No, I mean give me a number. How many days? Weeks?" She paused. "Months?" Her voice softened, scared he might say something longer than just a couple of months.

"A while. Just..." Childe looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. He didn't want to tell her, he knew that she'd feel somehow guilty. He was right.

But seeing her looking like she's exactly feeling that either way, hiding it won't do much. "A month..."

"A month?" Lumine looked at him.

"A month and a couple more days. I'm not sure. You were asleep for 45 — 46 days?" Childe furrowed his brow. "But it wasn't-"

"That's almost a month and a half. I've been bedridden for that long?" Lumine's eyes were wide as saucers. "Why did you even stay with me for that long?"

"What do you mean why?" Childe asked.

"I mean, you could've just returned to your own business and left me to the care of the Yashiro Commission or something." Lumine said.

"Would you have preferred that?" Childe asked, his voice clearly disappointed.

"No... but-"

"Then I don't see the problem here." Childe said.

"But-"

"Look, I waited for you so long but it feels like you don't even like that." Childe scratched his nape.

"I do. I'm very grateful that you did. But this feels like too much to do for anyone who's not even close-"

"Well I'm a little hurt here. Are we not close enough for me to take care of you? I guess I'm not as close to you as I thought then. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?" Childe asked, starting to get frustrated.

"Is this really something you'd do for someone just because you like them?" Lumine's breath hitched.

"No. I'm not doing this just because I like you Lumine. I'm doing this because I..." Childe looked her in the eye, she stared right back. "-the way I feel about you is not just simply liking you. It's beyond that. I'm willing to wait for you even longer have you not woken up yet. I'm willing to stay by yourself so long as I possibly can. I'm doing all this because it's you."

"I'm doing this because I love you." He cupped her cheeks with his hand.

"Ajax..." Lumine pursed her lips. "Thank you. I don't know what I did to make you feel this way towards me, I don't even know if I'll be able to beat you on that. But I'm really really..." she took a deep breath and gave him a tight hug. "...happy. I'm happy, and I'm relieved and I feel like I don't deserve this-"

"You do." Childe contradicted.

"I don't know if I can spend the luxury of having you with me." She said.

"I'm more honored than you think." Childe hugged her as well.

"I love you Ajax." She said, her face buried on his chest. The moment she said that, his heartbeat began to ring louder.

He let out a hearty laugh. "Am I dreaming right now?" He said, his eyes starting to tear up.

Lumine looked at him, her eyes already wet from the tears. She smiled at him and leaned in, their lips meeting and in an instant it was like they were transported to cloud nine.

It was a long passionate kiss, full of happiness and longing. The moment they pulled away they were both gasping for air.

Childe once again laughed, his smile not leaving his face for one moment. Lumine was as red as a tomato. He leaned in again for a short peck on the lips. "I love you." He said.

Lumine smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, giving him a peck on the lips as well. "I love you too."

He pulled her in for a hug once more, burying his face on her neck. "If this is a dream please don't wake me up."

Lumine laughed. "You're not dreaming Ajax." She said.

"You're really awake now?" He asked, his grip on her tightening.

"Yes, I am. I'm right here talking to you aren't I?" She said.

"And you really love me?" He asked.

"Yes. I love you." Lumine said softly, her hands gently embracing him. "I'm sorry for making you wait that long."

----/----/----/-----

Last sentence also applies for me to you for making you wait for this moment ε=ε=(ノ≧∇≦)ノ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 9.9K 38
[Genshin Impact] [Scaramouche x fem!reader] [Please don't read this if you are younger than 16โ›”๏ธ] You were born visionless into a world (Teyvat) whe...
24.9K 1.4K 25
As the last marriageable child of the noble Kanjou Commission, you will do anything to save your family from the shame of the Almighty Shogun's disgr...
99.9K 4.9K 19
๐€ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐€๐ฒ๐š๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ โžถโžถโžถโžถโžถโ™ก It's not easy being the head of the flourishing and famous Miyazaki Estate, but that's preci...
114K 4.1K 21
โ™กโ‡ข "๐˜ /๐˜ฏ... ๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. [...] ๐˜–๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜'๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜Ž๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ... ๐“˜'๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๏ฟฝ...