novocaine ➸ patrick stump

By leslielesliesensei

it all began when she lost her mind. More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
author's note
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
A/N
epilogue
book announcement

chapter twelve

3.2K 172 151
By leslielesliesensei

A/N: hi guys! I decided I would put up a quick chapter to celebrate 1.96k reads and 200+ votes! You guys are amazing! Don't forget to comment, vote, share, and follow if you aren't already. Enjoy! ^.^

-

"How's my favorite sister doing?" Joe said as he and the rest of the band paraded into my hospital room, bombarding me with cards, food, wrapped gifts, and those get-well balloons that you always find at Walgreens. "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged. "A little off. But I'm okay." I looked around at all the gifts. "You guys didn't have to do this all for me...."

"Oh, but we did," Pete intervened, grinning. "Open mine first!" He placed a flat box on my lap. I neatly peeled away the wrapping paper to reveal a pizza box. I raised and eyebrow and he rushed me to open it. Inside lay a pizza, but not just any pizza- it was meticulously crafted into the shape of a heart. I smiled.

"Thank you, Pete!" I giggled before picking up the whole thing in my hands and sinking my teeth into the pizza, savoring the juicy pepperoni and sauce. I licked my fingers as Andy, and Joe set boxes on my lap.

"I got you something too," Patrick said, smiling down at the floor.

"I'll open yours next, Patrick-"

He shook his head. "Save mine for last?" I nodded and smiled. I opened Andy's next, who had presented me with a beautiful black ankle-length dress. I had never seen anything like it, dark lace accenting the shoulders and hems.

"It's beautiful, Andy! I love it!"

He giggled. "I thought you'd like it."

Next, I opened Joe's present. It was a black button up shirt with the band's official logo and Trohman printed on the back.

"It's for the tour. We all got them."

I smiled and hugged the shirt to my chest.
"My turn!" Patrick grinned. "Close your eyes. I'll be right back." I skeptically closed my eyes and waited for Patrick to return. "Okay, open them." I opened them slowly, my eyes adjusting the large object in Patrick's hand. It was a case.... a guitar case.

"A new guitar?" I gasped as Patrick set it on the bed and opened it. It wasn't acoustic, like mine. It was a blindingly gorgeous white electric guitar, the edges shimmering with silver.

"For the tour," he said, beaming, casting a spell on me to smile as well, from ear to ear.

"It's... beautiful...!" I exclaimed gratefully, running my finger along the smooth edges of the beautiful instrument. "But you didn't have to-"

"Melanie, just accept the damn guitar!" Joe chuckled. I nodded, shrugging.

"Alright. It's just...nobody's done something like this for me before... But thank you, seriously." I tried to be as calm and sincere as possible, but inside my mind, I was doing cartwheels. I didn't want to believe that I had received all of these things from international stars, let alone the fact I was actually going to perform with them. It was beginning to become hard to take in, so much that I felt I was dreaming.

Patrick hugged me and placed the guitar neatly back in its case once I was finished examining it.

The chatter continued for a little while, but unfortunately had to end as my nurse bustled in and shooed everybody out, insisting "I needed rest". I honestly felt fine, despite being slightly light headed. There was no arguing though, once the IV was inserted into my arm, a sedative injected into the tube, and slowly everything faded as my eyes and my mind drifted away into a state of empty solitude.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1.1K 55
Fall Out Boy imagines ^-^
3.2K 133 6
starts out lovely then gets ugly. Kev's struggle with PTSD and Depression. enjoy my loves.
64K 4K 39
Shut up. Leave me alone. I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy. It wasn't me. It wasn't me. Go away! Never!
701 43 14
One fall, changed it all.