Love is Blind

By TaraLDeclan

^Top Five Finalist in the 2013 Watty Award^ ATTENTION: Due to publishing this is only HALF of the book. For t... More

Love is Blind
Preface
Chapter One: The Shooting
Chapter Two: A Family
Chapter Three: Georgia Collins
Chapter Four: Talking to Myself
Chapter Five: Reece Collins
Chapter Six: I was There
Chapter Seven: Open Eyes
Chapter Eight: It's Called Braille
Chapter Nine: Nothing to Do
Chapter Ten: Not That Bad
Chapter Eleven: A Book
Chapter Twelve: Lesson One
Chapter Thirteen: Shave
Chapter Fourteen: Never Be His Type
Chapter Fifteen: Nightmares
Chapter Sixteen: Twenty Questions
Chapter Seventeen: Lila
Chapter Eighteen: School Again
Chapter Nineteen: Learning the Stick
Chapter Twenty: Part One
Chapter Twenty-One: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Two: Because of You
Chapter Twenty-Three: Lost
Chapter Twenty-Four: Starting Off Good
Chapter Twenty-Five: Maybe
Chapter Twenty-Six: He's Blind...Duh
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Are We There Yet
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dog Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Part 2 Grow a Pair
Chapter Thirty: The Moment
Chapter Thirty-One: Everything is Different
Chapter Thirty-Two: Late Night Voice
Chapter Thirty-Three: Almost Date Time
Chapter Thirty-Four: Date Part One
Chapter Thirty-Five: Date Part Two **Special Chaper**
Chapter Thirty-Six: Back to School
Chapter Thirty-Seven: All This Noise
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Payton's Past
Chapter Forty: Voice From the Past
Chapter Forty-One: Clair Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: Clair Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Forty-Four: First Run
Chapter Forty-Five: Something's Up
Chatpter Forty-Six: Hope
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Call and the Promise
Chapter Forty-Eight: Hi Cutie
Chapter Forty-Nine: Some Good News
Chapter Fifty: Heart to Heart
Chapter Fifty-One: Special POV Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Two: Bad Day
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Lie
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Odds
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Fight
The Greatest Announcement of all Times
Buy the book!
New Book

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Angel

322K 3.4K 154
By TaraLDeclan

Chapter Thirty-Eight

Payton’s POV

            Silence. That’s all I hear. The awkward, uncomfortable silence, when I enter the cafeteria. Every set of eyes seem to be glued on me as I walk into the overly crowded room. I take my place in the shrinking lunch line, keeping my head down. I hate attention, always have and always will. So all these eye on me is seriously causing me discomfort. Hugging my arms to my chest tightly I just want to disappear as I try to ignore all the stares and slight whispers feeling the air. Looking down I watch as the feet in front of me move along the line and I follow.

            Keeping to myself in high school was great because I never got bullied, no one knew me, I was left unbothered. Now it’s gone, just like many other things. I am no longer invisible, instead it’s as if there is a spot light on me and I am wearing a flashing shirt. How can dating one guy make such a big difference?

            Dumb question, because the answer is simple, who the guy is, Reece Collins, or as rude, insensitive people around here like to call him when they think we can’t hear, ‘blind boy’. I swear people are so cruel to treat him that way. He is a freaking hero. Taking a step forward I finally reach the lunch window.

            You see my school has three places you get lunch from, the window where you get bagged lunch, where I am, cold lunch line, and warm lunch line which are long line where you get trays of food. No matter the food you get it all tastes crappy. I look up facing the lunch lady behind the counter. She has brown hair up in a fish net, there are big black frames on her face due to her poor vision, and she is on the plump side in a tight white uniform. A scowl looks to be engraved in her face, which is not fitting.

            “What would you like?” the lady says in a monotone uncaring voice.

            “Two bags,” I say simply and the lady looks at me lazily and places two brown paper bags a top the counter and I grab them walking to the ID card scanner that pays for our food, I wave my card in front of it twice seeing as Reece’s didn’t hand me his.

            I turn around to head back to the foot ball field when my eyes land on someone I am really trying to avoid seeing. In this dead silent room I watch as her blue/grey eyes lock with mine and I quickly look away. The beautiful blonde whose wearing a sparkly turquoise top with white skinny jeans that has a black belt hanging on it and she has high, black leather boots. A smile appears on Clair’s face revealing her shining white teeth as she nears me.

            Oh crap! I have to get out of here! There will be no good coming from her nearing me. So I will my feet to move quicker as I reach the door and go as fast as my feet will carry me out the side door or the building. Stealing a glance behind me I see no one is there, so I slow down steadying my breath. The big tall bleachers come into my view. I walk closer to it and reach the chain length fence ahead of me that surrounds the bright green turfs. Reece is perched in the center of the field where I left him and I spot the broad back of and short black hair that belongs to none or other than Jace.

            What is that boy up to? I cannot believe he is actually talking to Reece. I walk through the opening and head very slowly to where they are seated. When I get into hearing distance I hear Reece say yes to Jace. Continuing towards them I finally stop beside Reece and sit down on the turf beside him folding my legs over each other. “Here,” I say as I drop a brown bag onto Reece lap. I am not sure on how Reece want to do this so I sit there and open my own bag.

            “Hi there Payton!” Jace says to me with a big smile and I roll my eyes. He is wearing a grey football t-shirt with a blue base ball jacket over top and a pair of blue jeans and nikes. He looks ok, nothing compared to Reece.

            “Jace,” I groan as I pull some foot from my bag sitting it on the ground, don’t worry it’s in containers, then I pull out a gleaming apple and smile taking a bite from it. I watch as Reece feels around his bag finally making it to the top of it and opening it. Sticking his hand within the brown paper he retrieves the food and carefully brings it to the ground. I glance up at Jace’s impressed face.

            “So Payton, this has been what’s different. I had my suspicions about you two, but could not figure out how it came to be,” he says smugly as he reclines back on the grass place his hands behind him.

            “What are you doing here anyways?” I ask the annoyance as I take another bite of my delicious apple and rest my head on my boyfriend’s shoulder.

            “Hanging out with my best friend,” Jace says with that annoying smile and I roll my eyes as I rest my head on Reece’s shoulder munching on my apple. Reece seems to have found his and takes a cautious bite.

            “Reece you’re friends with him again?” I ask in slight disbelief.

            “I am angel, someone has to keep him out of trouble and that’s always been my job so I can’t quit, plus he’s my best friend,” Reece says softly to me as I peek up at him. From the angle I am laying I can see beneath his gladded to the thick eyelashes and blue eyes.

            Wait! Hold up! Freeze! Did he just call me an angel to my face? So I am not dreaming? He really calls me angel! My heart rate picks up as it slams against my chest and I can hear the pounding in my ears.

            “He wasn’t there for you though, and did you just call me angel?” I ask. I know he did so I don’t know why I asked him.

            “Yes I did, because you are my angel and you know everyone makes mistakes so I can’t punish him for his one he made,” Reece says to me biting his apple.

            Awe! That sweet! Man I am so in love with this boy. I lean my head up and lightly kiss his cheek. “I love you,” I say to Reece before turning my head to look at Jace. “You still annoy me though,” I state and he laughs.

            “You know you love me,” he jokes with a smirk and I crunch my face up in distaste.

            “Only in your dreams,” I say as I shake my head and finish my apple placing the core back within the bag.

            “Reece, buddy you got yourself a good one. I approve,” Jace says smiling at me happily and I shake my head.

            “Reece can we share Carter and you keep this one to yourself?” I ask jokingly as I take his left hand into my and tangle our fingers together. They fit perfectly and his thumb rubs circles on my hand.

            Reece laughs leaning his head back smiling. “He’s not that bad, but that’s good enough,” he tells me as he looks in front of him again. I glace at Jace who is sitting there with a look of confusion.

            “I don’t understand,” Jace says scratching his head and I laugh and so does Reece, causing his chest to vibrate.

            “Wha-” Jace begins to complain but is cut off by the lunch bell. He groans. “This isn’t over,” he grumbles as he jumps up and scurries off. I laugh as I stand up and Reece takes a couple seconds, but finally get himself up off the ground. I bend down gather the trash and then taking his cane placing it inside his hand. Slipping my hand back in his I lead him off the field tossing the bags into the trash as I pass. We head to class.

            The rest of the day goes by with a few bumps which were caused by rude, idiotic people. Finally Reece and I are lying in his bed, I’m curled up into his arms and we are both wore out from today. I know it’s sad to say, but I am too tired to attend the hospital.

            “Reece,” I whisper softly as I draw circle on his chest over top of his shirt.

            “Yeah?” he says back just as softly, his sweet voice causes me to smile.

            “Everything that Mrs. Reed said today was true. You are a hero, you don’t know this, but you saved me,” I say softly as I snuggle closer to him breathing in his amazing scent.

            “How did I do that?” he asks me in complete confusion.

            “I was there. I saw it. I saw you. I thought you were dead. If you hadn’t talked to him, trying to calm him down and help him. You stalled him, because of you the police had time to get there and when he shot you he then shot himself because they showed up. If you hadn’t done that he would’ve shot you sooner and then shot others, maybe even me. So because of you I am alive, and to me that means a lot. It’s not just me, but many others. You are amazing and I love you,” I say to him as soft tears roll down my cheeks.

            I look up at him and see a few tear streams down his face and I reach up wiping them from his water blue eyes. “You are the most amazing girl I have ever met and you are my angel. I seriously thank God gave me you, you are like an angel he sent down for me and I love you,” he says and I smile through the tears and lean up pressing my lips against his. The kiss taste a little salty from the tears, but is otherwise perfect. I pull away and press my forehead against his smiling.

            “Can I ask you a question?” he asks me his warm breath fanning my face.

            “Sure,” I reply returning my head to his chest.

            “Why don’t you speak of a father?” he asks me and my throat tightens. Why is he asking this? How do I answer? What do I tell him? I guess he deserve to know the truth.

Hey there guys!

How are you?

I have decided to start a everyother day updating pattern, it tends to work better!:D

I hope you dont mind.

Did you see the new cover? Do you like it? If not i will switch to a different new one, i like to change it up what can i say!!:D

We have gotten back into the top 20!!:D

The amazing banner on the side is created by @AvianaMonae

 If you want one made just hit her up!:D Thery are awesome!:D

This chapters dedicated to her!:D

If you want a dedication and shout out make a cover, ad, banner, character banner, trailer or anything pertaining to this story.

Also this book is currently under going editing by my amazing editing team which is made up of:

@StarlaRose

@ShanaeDou

@NimraAhmed

Thanks a ton to the wonderful ladies who all asked to be an editor. They are all great! And i dont normally do this ever, but since they are going to be helping with this you guys should fan them!Please:D They dont know that i am asking this;)

Also while i am at this! Shout out to someone i am beginning to consider a good friend on here

@linsizhere

Ok, enough with that!!:D I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!:D The next one is going to be something.:)

Thank you all so very much for making my dreams come true. I feel like i am almost famous on her which is so unreal. Never did i ever think i'd be here. I will always love you guys.

As an author i feel that it is my job to thank you and to let you know i can hear you and what you say truly affects me.

People tell me i inspre them and that means so very much to me.

So i am going share something with you,

when i was little my mom always had my ears checked because i tend to have problems hearing yet i pasted the test. Now i still have those troubles and it's annoying but i learn to deal with it.

I also deal with night blindness meaning i can barely see at night and if it's dark enough not at all, i also tend to get momentary blurryiness, where my eyes will blurr and i can not see anything and it is not fun. Yet i make it through. i have been through a lot in life, more then a lot of 16 year olds, which causes me to have a very good understanding.

I have learned no matter what do what you love and let nothing stop you.

If people say you can't push yourself that much harder to prove you can.

People told me i couldnt write and no one ever dreamed i'd be a good reader, but here i am, so guys never let people tell you what you can and cannot do, only you know, and anything is possible with practice and hard work, trust me!!

Ok that was my rant for today sorry!

Also i really dont want anyone to feel bad for me, i only told about that to inspire, so dont pity me or feel sorry, because there is a LOT of people who have it worst or had it worse!!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOU SUPPORT!! i LOVE YOU ALL!!

PLEASE

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE!!!:D

Every vote counts for the watty awards!!:D

Thank you!

Love you!!:D 

Off to bed i go, school in the A.M.

It's FFA Week!! I am so excited!!:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 59.3K 30
Hailey Elizabeth White is the school's nerd. She gets picked on and teased because of how she dresses. She wears baggy jeans, giant sweatshirts that...
1.2K 184 44
NOW PUBLISHED IN PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! IF YOU WANT TO ADD IT TO YOUR SHELF, JUST CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY BIO NOW!!! OR CLICK HERE:- https://www.amazon...
1.1K 31 18
The first time I saw Saxton Crawford we were in high school. He was the football star and I was just another invisible teenage girl. Now, he is a fam...
Alexa. (#1) By 🌻

Teen Fiction

387K 10.9K 48
#908 in Teen Fiction '9/12/2016' #788 in Teen Fiction '18/1/2017' Life could be really tough. It could be sunshine-y and peachy but just like that, i...