insomnia | e.jaeger

Od killuas

in which a boy who sleeps to avoid his problems and a girl who cannot sleep because she over thinks hers. • e... Viac

disclaimer
1 • move in
2 • first day
3 • fruity pebbles
4 • an invitation
5 • party time
6 • diner talk
7 • avoidance
8 • distraction
9 • eren and mikasa
10 • confrontation
12 • bonfire
13 • i think i like
14 • kiss me
15 • my way to you
author's note
16 • since the first time
17 • bittersweet
18 • can i
19 • baji
20 • the ackermans

11 • study date

1.9K 77 74
Od killuas

"why do you seem so nervous?" sasha asked, eyeing your leg that wouldn't stop bouncing up and down. you were currently waiting for eren's arrival to pick you up. he hadn't told you what the game plan was, just to be ready in thirty minutes. since you had no idea what the two of you were doing, you just dressed in a simple oversized tee and some biker shorts. it was sunday and you really didn't want to dress up so much.

"i'm not." you quickly defended. you jumped a bit as your phone buzzed in your pocket. fishing the device out, you read eren's message that indicated he was there to pick you up. you let out a small sigh and sling your book bag over your shoulder. eren had insisted that you bring it with you. "i'm heading out."

"have fun!" the three girls chorused as you exited the dorm. you make your way out of the dorm building, opting to take the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. it was only flight so you wouldn't be winded.

you noticed a sleek black mercedes waiting idly by before the window rolled down to reveal eren who threw you a wave. you approached the vehicle and entered, taking in his appearance. eren was dressed in some gray sweats and a oversized black tee. his hair was tied back sloppily into a bun and he worn a pair of sun glasses.

"hi." he greeted, waiting for you to put on your seatbelt before driving.

"jaeger." you said. "what's the move?"

after seeing that your seatbelt was secured, eren began to drive. he hummed, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "have you ate?"

"not since this morning." you admitted.

he nodded as he continued to drive. the sun was beginning to set, giving the sky a light pink hue. you decided to turn your attention out the window, watching as buildings and store front lights were a blur past you. the sunset making the scenery that much more enchanting. you'd only been in marley for about a month but with all the school work, classes, and work in general, you haven't gone out much.

"this okay?" eren glanced at you before nodding at the building. he was currently turning into the drive thru line of a mcdonalds.

you nodded eagerly, excited for a chicken nugget fix. eren chuckled at you as he pulled up to the speaker. after being greeted by the worker, he simply ordered a forty piece nugget, two large fries and two large sprites before pulling up to the first window. he completely disregarded your attempts of handing him your debit card as he pulled out his and handed it to the worker at the window.

"at least let me zelle you half." you pouted.

"zelle me and i'll block you." he smirked. he handed you the food and drinks while you scoffed.

"where we going? why couldn't we just eat there?"

"we're going to my place." he simply stated. your eyes practically bulged out of your sockets in shock. the only guys house you've been to was kris and even then you never went into his room.

eren could sense the anxiousness from you and he reached over to flick your forehead. "get your mind out of the gutter. we are simply going to eat ourselves into a food coma and study since you decided to skip hange's class."

"no need for the physical abuse." you grumble and rub at the now sore spot on your forehead. another chuckle escaped his lips as he turned up the stereo and began to drive back his place. you noticed that the drive was no more than a ten minute trip, excluding the pit stop taken at mcdonalds, from the university's campus.

once the two of you arrived at his complex, he parked in his designated spot before helping you carry the food and your backpack. you followed behind him to the lobby of the complex and over to the elevator. you let out a low impressed whistle as you scanned the apartment building. there was no way an unemployed college student could afford this place so you assumed that his dad must be the one paying for it.

"i know what you're thinking." eren stated. he pressed the button in the elevator for the fifth floor.

you looked at him with a raised eyebrow as the doors closed behind you. "and what is that?"

"that i'm living off daddy's money to which you are wrong. i do have a job."

"oh? since when?"

"i do medical billing at his hospital after class during the week. though i do get to pick and choose when i go to work which is the perk." he shrugged his shoulders. the elevator dinged, notifying that it has reached the floor. eren threw you a smirk as he led you out of the elevator and to his apartment.

it seemed that every moment spent with him, you were able to learn more and more. and you couldn't get enough. maybe it was the mysterious aura around him or the fact that he does open up to you slowly but you wanted to know more.

he pulled out his keys and opened the door, holding it open to allow you to enter first. you weren't sure what you were expecting, but you weren't expecting his apartment to be so neat. upon entering, you were met with a small living area that was adorned by a small L shaped couch. a huge tv was mounted on the wall, a small bookshelve below it that was home to a variery of movies and video games. it seemed as though eren owned every gaming console known to man as well. there was a small dining table fit for two near the small kitchen. on your left was a small hallway which led to the bedroom and bathroom.

"nice place." you complimented as you dropped your backpack on the couch.

eren allowed his eyes to roam around again and shrugged, placing the food and drinks on the table. "meh, it's alright. come eat before it gets cold."

"did you get barbecue sauce?"

"yeah but i can't believe you prefer that over sweet and sour sauce. you're insane."

you playfully chucked a fry at him at his remark. "hey! i just cleaned this place!"

"don't make fun of my dipping choices and we won't have a problem." you retorted. you stuck your tongue out at him before shoving a nugget in your mouth.

you guys ate peacefully after that, not realizing how hungry the two of you were until now. some small chitchat was exchanged here and there. mainly you informing him about the talk you had with the girls prior to your arrival. he was happy that you all were able to talk things out. of course you left out the part of both armin and mikasa asking about whether you liked him or not.

after the meal was finished, he pulled out his notebook and allowed you to copy the notes you missed since you had skipped. he even went over the things he had highlighted and explained why they were important. it did impress you that even with his lazy atmosphere, he was quite attentive and a good teacher. before you knew it, a good two hours had passed and the sun was long gone despite it being only about seven at night.

"wanna watch a movie?" eren offered.

"you pick." you plopped down on the longer part of the couch so you could lounge more. eren turned on his tv and picked up his roku remote. opening netflix, he decided to put on shrek which caused you to let out a snort.

"what?" he asked, looking at you innocently.

"sasha has been watching this movie non stop."

"oh. do you want to watch something else?"

"no, no! it's fine. i just wasn't expecting you to like it as well."

"it's a classic." he pressed play on the remote before taking a seat on the sofa. "did you want a blanket or anything?"

you gave a small smile. "sure, that would be nice."

he quickly got up and bounded to his room, retrieving two small blankets. he tossed one at you which you gladly took and snuggled into as he sat back down and did the same. you both turned your focus to the movie. about half way through, eren suddenly laid his head in your lap, eyes still on the movie.

you were taken aback by the action but your hands found their way to the top of his head, caressing your fingers through his hair after removing the hair tie. in order to not loose the hair tie, you let it hang around your wrist. eren moved his head to look up at you.

"are you okay?" he asked.

your eyebrows furrowed together. "yeah, why?"

"the break up. you haven't been crying everyday or anything right?"

"after the party, no. i decided to not waste anymore tears on him. of course it still hurts but i haven't talked to him since nor do i think i want to."

his hand moved to caress your face, his thumb tracing lightly under your eyes. "and i'm guessing you haven't been sleeping due to the bags under your eyes."

you sigh. "not even a wink. this week has been hell with the breakup, avoiding emi and everyone else. not to mention work and school."

your eyes began to flutter closed as he continued to trace his thumb under your eyes. he sat up and switched positions so that your head lay in his lap. the soft texture of the blanket met your cheek and now his fingers were running through your hair.

there was a theory that eren wanted to test ever since you guys left round one and jean dropped you off at the dorm.

"just get some rest. try not to think so much." he murmered.

you hummed in response as you felt your body slowly relax as he continued to play with your hair and lull you to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sheeeeeee this chapter is so short and meh. idk why the chapters are getting shorter when i dont mean them too :(

anyways i hope you all enjoyed it and don't hate me for taking forever to update. i was really debating on just deleting this book but it's gotten sm love lately that i do feel more motivated to continue so thank u all for reading and enjoying!

i know this story is a lot different than most eren fics considering it has a lack of smut but it's mainly bc 1. there isn't really a need for it in this story (yet maybe) and 2. i suck at writing smut HAHAHAAH

okay i will stop with this annoyingly long AN, bye loves

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

4.1K 255 26
𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗴𝘂𝗻𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗲𝘆�...
17K 424 21
You were a sweet girl, sweet yet not stupid. From being bullied in your first University, your parents had packed up and left your home forgetting ev...
98.5K 3K 43
*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡* "𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦?" "𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦." reader based & college A/U. HIGHEST RATI...