Bittersweet (Taekook Omegaver...

By LettyTK

After losing everything ,Jungkook thought he didn't have anything to live for.It was until he found that one... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 9
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 19
Chapter 18:
Chapter 20
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 12

2.9K 154 11
By LettyTK

The day Taehyung dreaded after his marriage had arrived.He was going to hold the first cabinet meeting after getting married to Jungkook.He couldn't say he didn't know what to expect hence he braced himself for the critism.He couldn't forget the shocked faces of the court officials when Jungkook lifted his veil at the wedding.

When he got to the main hall everyone was already present.Just looking at their faces he regretted not taking a pint of alcohol with his breakfast.No one could drive him crazy than most of the men in this room.

"Shall we get started"

"Forgive me for saying this your highness"

Here we go again.Taehyung wondered what he did to deserve this kind of life.

"Please go ahead.Since you have already opened your mouth there is no stopping you ,prime minister"

"Your highness I do not mean to undermine you but we are worried about your wellbeing.You married a traitor's son and we fear that he might try to harm you to get revenge for his father"

"Do you think I'm so narrow minded.I have thought about that as well.If anyone tries to harm me...By anyone I mean the queen and the likes of you included.I will not spare anyone.A painful yet slow death is inevitable."

The officials exchanged glances and cleared their throats.Those who were up to no good were seen by swallowing dryly.

"Does anyone have anything else to say?"

"Your highness if you were aware that the late prime minister 's son would try to harm you then why did you marry him"

"It's for the same reason I'm tolerating everyone of you.I don't have a choice"

"Is it true that you have an offspring with him.That's why you were compelled to marry him?"

"Your sources are very correct.What would be better than marrying the mother of my child.If you were me wouldn't you have made the same sacrifices"

"But we heard the young prince was conceived and born in a brothel.Is that the truth or slander your highness"

"Then where did you think the child came from.I really despise it when you ask me things you already have answers to"

"Your highness we didn't mean to upset you"

"Really.You are also wondering how I managed to impregnate the son of a traitor.Well I don't have an answer for you but there is one thing you should keep in mind.Jeon Jungkook is your queen and the mother of the crown prince so he deserves respect.Anyone who looks down on him shall be put to death instantly."

"Your highness we apologize"

"You should know me by now.I don't give empty threats."

No one uttered a word.

"Can you tell me honestly.Who amongst you hasn't visited the brothel.I know most of you frequent Moonlight house despite having spouses at home .How come it surprised you that I went there.Unlike you at that time I wasn't married so I didn't comit a sin.Don't judge me like you all are saints.As far as I know,no one is perfect"

"Mind you ,my personal business shouldn't be your concern.Thats not why we gather in this hall.Would you like it if I come and discuss your personal business in this court.I know you are concerned about me but I don't need it.I'm an adult and I will live with the consequences of my action"

"You guys don't own me so don't you dare tell me what to do when it comes to my personal life.Don't cross the line.We aren't friends"

Taehyung's words had chilled everyone's bones.No one had anything to say.They wouldn't dare upset him more than he already was.

"If you don't have anything important to say then that will be all for today I have a nagging headache"

"And before I forget I have another announcement to make.I will be going on a vacation so I can give some attention to my family.If anything comes up Namjoon is the man.I do not wish to be bothered in that period"

"We understand your highness"they bowed in unision and then left right away.

"What vacation.You never talked to me about this.How could you dump all of your problems on me?"Namjoon asked

"Hyung I'm not running away.I just need a break.Don't worry.They won't give you a hard time because they don't hate you.Cheer up.Show them who has the brains around here"

"What you just did is equivalent to throwing me into the lion's den.Dealing with them will corrupt my mind.I don't want to become twisted like you"

"Don't be a pussy"Taehyung said as he walked out of the hall.

"Did he get upset because Jungkook was being critisized?Yoongi asked

"I thought that was clear for everyone to see"Namjoon replied

"I had to ask because I thought I was seeing things.Is that what people call love?"Sehun asked

"Who knows"Jogin shrugged

"It's too soon for you to reach that conclusion"Yoongi said

"It only takes a moment to fall in love.Taehyung has known Jungkook for a year already and that's enough time to know whether you love someone or not"

"If he falls for Jungkook then he is done for.That omega will be his downfall"Yoongi said

"You don't like our queen don't you?I'm sure you heard what our king said about whoever looks down on our queen."Namjoon said

"He just got carried away"

"Yeah yeah"

Taehyung didn't know what would make him feel better after wasting his energy on arguments.His foot took him to Jungkook's chambers.The omega was just laying next to their son staring at each other.Jeha loved eye contact.Without a word the king slipped behind his son and closed his eyes.

"Jeha what's wrong with your dad.Ask him who broke his heart"Jungkook asked after sensing the alpha's presence.

"Your mom is the reason why my heart is broken "Taehyung said with his eyes shut.

"Who asked you to be king.If you can't handle it step down.I believe Jeha will do a better job than you"

"You really know how to make me feel better my queen"the king said sarcastically

"Since I'm the cause of your distress tell me what I have to do to make  you feel better"Jungkook offered

"You will regret asking"

"You are probably right.I shouldn't have said anything"

Jeha started wailing and Jungkook started patting his stomach.Taehyung immediately opened his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"His dad has been ignoring him"the omega said

"No i didn't"

"He was staring at you since you came in here but you didn't notice"

"I had my eyes close so I didn't know"

"So is that my fault"

"I don't want to argue Jungkook.Give him to me"

Taehyung laid his son on his chest and patted his bottom"How could I ever ignore my precious son.The apple of my eye.Dad is sorry,baby"

Jungkook smiled.He felt assured that Taehyung would aways be there for their son amd protect him always.

"Flattery is nice and all but don't let those words go to his head.He will become arrogant like someone I know"

"Arrogant like his father?"Taehyung raised his eyebrows as he side eyed the omega

"I never said that but if that's how you want to put it.I won't argue"

Jungkook got up from the bed and covered the duo with a quilt.He kissed Jeha's head and Taehyung pouted.

"What?"

"Am I invisible"

"Are you Jeha?"

"But I'm his father and your husband.That counts for something doesn't it"

"Do you want equal rights with your son?"Jungkook asked

"Yes"

"Shame on you"Jungkook said as he looked in the mirror and started fixing his hair.

"Where are you going?"Taehyung asked

"I need to make myself useful"

"But you were being useful here"

"Doing what?"

"Just keeping your husband and son company"

"I believe there is plenty time for that.Some of us have duties"

"Go so long"

***

Taehyung jumped out of bed when he heard his door being opened.Only one person had the guts to enter his room without knocking.

"Jisoo?Ever heard of knocking.I could be naked for all you know"

"Oppa that can wait.There is something important"

"Couldn't it wait till I had woken up"

"You are already awake so stop whining.Put your shirt on"

"What is so urgency?"

"Jungkook.."

"What about him?"Taehyung asked critically

"Don't freak out .Just hear me out"

"He didn't die did he?"

"No"

"Then what couldn't wait until breakfast ,princess"

"According to my girls ,Jungkook left the palace last night.He didn't take any guards with him.He literally sneaked out.I mean what was the reason"

"I never said he can't leave the palace so why are you so worked up"Taehyung said

"He left alone.Do you know how dangerous that could have been"

"Well maybe he wanted some privacy"the king reasoned

"Aren't you curious about whom he could have met"

"Maybe an old lover.Really not my business"the king shrugged

"But he is your spouse"

"I don't care.Remember he isn't here because I was in love with him.To me he is only the mother of my child and the queen of this kingdom.Other than that he means nothing to me"

"Fine you don't care about him.I get that.But"

"Is that all?I'm on vacation and I do not wish to be bothered"

"Oppa I'm unsettled by the fact that he left the palace the same night the PM called for the private meeting"

"What are you trying to say?Did you see him going there?"Taehyung asked,his tone stern

"No but what if he did went there.What will we do?Jungkook won't betray you right"

"I don't like the idea you are trying to get inside my head.Jungkook is your friend and you shouldn't instigate me against him."

"Oppa.yes Jungkook is my friend but I won't spare him if he betrays you.Family above all"

"So you are saying..."

"I'm not certain"

"Then you should have come to me when you are sure"Taehyung snapped and Jisoo regretted ever opening her mouth.

"I'm not accusing him of plotting against you.I'm just afraid of the possibility"the princess said

"Leave"

***
Jungkook was about to go to bed after putting his son to bed .

He was startled when the door flew open.He frowned because he was yet to fasten his sleeping robes.His husband walked in with staggering steps.The guards outside were kind enough to close the door for them.

"Taehyung what's the meaning of this behavior.How can you disrespect me like this"

"Sorry"he slurred

"Are you drunk?"

"A bit."

"Why did you drink.Your behavior today has been worrying today.You have been ignoring me and I honestly didn't know what I did wrong.Be a man and spit it out"

"I drunk because of you"

"And what did I do to you?"

"You are planing to stab me in the back.You have started holding cabinet meetings behind my back just like your wretched father"

"Whom did I have a cabinet meetings with.Do you have evidence to back your claims?"Jungkook asked,he was furious at this point

"Fine I don't have evidence so I'm begging you to tell me where you went last night"

"How did you even know I was gone?"the omega arched a brow

"I have eyes and ears around these walls"

"If that's the case then you would know where I went and whom I met"Jungkook said without any emotion

"Don't be cheeky Jeon"

"Are you that paranoid?"Jungkook chuckled dryly

"Do you find that amusing"

"Being weak doesn't suit you and it doesn't help when you are surrounded by people who wish you harm.I can never understand how it feels to always look over your shoulder.Jeha's dad I don't find your situation amusing but I feel sorry for you"

Taehyung could see nothing but mockery in the omega's eyes.If he weren't the mother of his child then he would have slit his throat.

Right now what mattered was getting the omega to tell him where he had been.

"I'm pitiful right .I'm an excuse of a man according to you right"Taehyung started taking steady strides towards the omega.

"Yeah"

"You despise me right.Guess what..I'm going to make you hate me even more"

"What do you mean?"Jungkook asked,his eyes wide.

"Why don't we find out"Taehyung had pinned the omega against the wall.

"Taehyung don't you dare"

"What is it going to be.Will you tell me where you went last night or you want me to do something you will hate me for"

"Why is it so important for you to know about my whereabouts?"Jungkook yelled

"I need to know whether I can trust you or not."

"What if I can't be trusted?"the younger asked with defiance in his tone.

"Then you will meet the same fate as your father"

"I'm not afraid of death Taehyung and don't you dare utter my father's name with that vile tongue of yours.Thanks to you I never got to know where my father was buried.When i finally out to see where his remains where you make any issue of it and call me a traitor.How dare you?"Jungkook screamed furiously

"You went to see your father's grave?"

"Why?Am I not allowed to do that.Listen good Kim Taehyung,despite the things you said he did ,he doesn't cease to be my father.No one can ever change that fact.Not even you,your highness"

"You could have asked your guards to accompany you.What was the need to sneak out.What if something had happened to you?"the alpha asked

"Don't act like you care about me.You would be glad if I were to disappear from your life.You would be thrilled that you won't have a put up with me"

"You shouldn't have left alone.What about Jeha"Taehyung said softly

"Don't drag Jeha into this.We both know that you wouldn't have allowed me to go if I had told you.That's why I had to sneak out.But thank you for letting me know that I'm being watched.I'm a caged animal"Jungkook was yelling at this point

"I'm sorry.I really didn't believe you could betray me.I just wanted to confirm it"

"You are lying  to me.You thought I was out to hurt you.Don't you dare try deny it"Jungkook spat

"I apologize"the king whispered with his head hung low in shame.

"Apologizing is easy right.You accuse someone whenever you feel like it and then expect everything to be okay.What are you sorry about?Do you feel ashamed for the drama "

"Yes I'm ashamed"the alpha looked down

"On that note don't ever step into my chambers when you are drunk.I won't tolerate it next time.King or not I won't hesitate to kick you out.This is my private space"Jungkook was really infuriated.

"Okay I hear you.Just come for breakfast in the dinning hall.It's a request"

"Why should I?"Playing a happy family would get him distracted from his mission and he didn't want that

"Did I say its a request.Oh I changed my mind.Now it's an order,my queen"

Jungkook was dumbfounded.Was he going to drag him if he refuse to comply.

After saying that Taehyung went to see his son feeling sobber all of a sudden.

"Help me apologize to your mother for being a horrible and selfish man"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 717 21
A young Omega was rejected by his mate. Deserted alone in a werewolf world where Omega's were considered as prized possessions. Jungkook, A True Alph...
524K 33.1K 81
In this world, werewolves exist in packs to protect and breed to expand their kingdom. What will happen when a boy met someone for the first time an...
792K 37K 55
Kim Taehyung, True blood alpha of Silver moon pack, Many enemies and people fears him...he never showed any emotions to anyone ever. Jeon Jungkook, r...
65.4K 6.6K 48
[ᴀ ᴛᴀᴇᴋᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ] In which Taehyung has spent his entire life in a repetitive and tedious cycle, until he suddenly stumbles upon a new face in t...