Iris - noah schnapp

Autorstwa embyler

can you teach me what it feels like to be loved like an actual person? Więcej

• prologue •
.1
.2
.3
.4
.5
.6
.7
.8
.9
.11
.12
.13
.14
.15
.16
.17
.18
.19
.20
.21
.22
.23
.24
.25
.26
.27
.28
.29
A/N

.10

950 20 1
Autorstwa embyler

after noah left, i sat at the end of my bed to think.
i didnt want to stay in this house overnight tonight, im way too overwhelmed and stressed out.
as i was grabbing a bag and shoving clothes in it, i felt something in my nose.
a nosebleed, again.
i thought it was finally over, I haven't had one in a few weeks.
i grabbed a towel and blocked my nostrils with it to stop the bleeding, but it was heavy. it didnt stop for at least an hour to let me finish packing.
i heard my phone ringing from my bed.
I groaned, sitting up off of the floor and walking over to answer it.

-"hello?
-"y/n? why werent you at school today?" I heard millies voice from the other end.
-"sorry, my dad just sorta came back." i groaned quietly.
-"what??"
-"yeah, i was hoping, since your parents aren't in town, if I could stay the night with you."
-"yeah, of course. ill invite sadie too, okay? I'll be over in 15 minutes." she assured me, before hanging up.
i love how caring those two are for me.
i know at the end of the day, no matter what happens, i always will have them.
they're such good friends.

i heard a knock on my door as i was finishing up shoving things into my bag.
-"come in." I sighed before my father walked in and stood in my doorway.
-"can we talk?" he asked, looking upset.
-"quickly, im going to a friends." i said, sitting down on my bed as he did the same a few moments later.
-"listen, kid.. i know youre upset. im so sorry i left, it was stupid of me. you know i love you, right?" he asked, but didn't get any response out of me.
-"right?" he nudged me, forcing me to look at him.
-"i dont get it. why did all of this happen? we used to be best friends." i sighed, looking him in the eye.
-"i know, trust me. i dont know- after i lost my job, your mom and i.. we started fighting a lot. she was angry, i was depressed. i had no choice but to leave, but i shouldve brought you with me, instead of josh. ive missed you a lot, but i promise you.. i will never leave you again. ever, do you understand?" he held onto my shoulder, making me nod.
-"listen, i mightve found another job for me. i have the interview tomorrow morning, im going to fix our family back together, okay? we're going to move into a bigger house once i get this job and money." he assured me.
i felt a tear fall from my face as my dad stood up and hugged me, i cried over his shoulder.
i missed my father, even if he was never there he always tried to be, unlike my mother. i loved him, i wish things would've ended better with us. I heard a car pulling up next to the sidewalk making me pull away my dad to check out the window.
i smiled, waving at him bedore i walked downstairs and out the front door.
both of them were waiting, millie gave me a hug once I got into the passenger seat.
-"ready to go?" she asked, as I nodded and she drove away.
i was just glad to leave the house, i didnt want to be overwhelmed all day.

_

millie was breading my hair as we both sat on her bed and sadie was trying to figure out how to turn on netflix on millies bedroom tv.
-"your tv won't turn on!" she complained, moving the remote around and smashing her thumb onto the button.
after a while of trying she finally got it, i felt millies hands on my shoulder.
-"all done!" she sighed, as i turned to face her, weakly smiling.
-"hey, you can stay here for as long as you need to. i know this must be hard for you." millie said.
-"no, ill be okay. my dad said hes finding another job.. maybe things can change up after all." I tried to stay positive.
-"what about your brother?" sadie asked.
-"what about him?"
-"is he staying with you guys too?" she asked, sitting across from me on the bed.
-"well, yeah. he's a lazy piece of shit, i dont even think he got into college." I scoffed, looking at my hands.
-"and youre fine with that?" millie asked, surprised.
-"no.. but i only have next year and then im leaving new york. i wont have to worry for too long, and you guys shouldnt either. Ill be fine, trust. I just wanted to get out of the house tonight, you know?" I explained.
-"we know. youre strong." sadie smiled at me, before turning around to turn on a movie.
i noticed in the corner of the room, the Halloween party flyer sticking out of her trash.
-"hey?? why aren't you going to this?" I stood up and snatched it out of the trash.
-"well, we didnt wanna go without you and we assumed with everything going on-"
-"uh, no! im going to this!" i uncrumbled it.
-"really? its this saturday.. do you even have a costume?" millie asked.
-"no, but we can get one. do you want to?" I ask, grabbing her keys.
they both nodded, smiling, before slipping on their shoes and walking out the bedroom door.

_

my friends and i stormed through the isles, trying to figure out what we should wear.
-"do we really have to decide today?" Sadie complained.
-"the party is in 2 days, so yes. and it helps me feel better about my day." I said, looking around.
-"can we be cowgirls? it can be so cute!" millie begged.
-"i don't know, that sounds kind of basic." i winced.
-"guys, what about this?" sadie asked, pointing at a costume idea that caught both millie and i's attention.
we looked at each other, smiling and nodding.
-"that's the one."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

7.2K 266 20
never promise forever; because when you do then it breaks your heart. [ completed ] ❁ written by kaitlyn
12.9K 180 21
It's just....ruined love. :/ COMMENT AND VOTE LOVES!
86.9K 1.3K 26
You go to Hawkins Middle School and your best friend is obsessed with Stranger Things and is in love with Noah Schnapp. You have a very hard backgrou...
1.2K 12 17
» 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴. ⧼ ᶜᵒᵐᵖˡᵉᵗᵉᵈ √ ⧽