Stand by me (steve harrington)

By floraswp

‼️NO UPDATES UNTIL SEASON 5‼️ Joy Hopper has always been the wallflower of Hawkins. She does not have the bes... More

Introductions:
Chpt 1: The Tutor
Chpt 2: The Party
Chpt 3: Privlidged
Chpt 4: Hawkins Lab
Chpt 5: The Deer In The Woods
Chpt 6: Shadows
Chpt 7: Tell Me Something
Chpt 8: The Radio
Chpt 9: Starring Joy The Slut Hopper
Chpt 10: The Old Junkyard
Chpt 11: Bitchin
Chpt 12: The Demogorgon
Chpt 13: Be My Baby
Season 2!
Chpt 14: Changes
Chpt 15: See You Around Harrington
Chpt 16: Asshole
Chpt 17: Stuborness
Chpt 18: Friends?
Chpt 19: Bad Person
Chpt 21: The Mind Flayer
Chpt 22: Reunions And Goodbyes
Chpt 23: The Fight
Chpt 24: The Hub
Chpt 25: The Snowball
Chpt 26: The Mall
Chpt 27: Scoops Ahoy And Secrets
Chpt 28: Boys
Chpt 29: Cracking The Code
Chpt 30: The Sleepover
Chpt 31: The Secret Room
Chpt 32: "You Won A Fight!"
Chpt 33: The Doctors Office
Chpt 34: Reality Ruins Everything
Chpt 35: Confessions And Meetings
Chpt 36: Five Mintues Tops
Chpt 37: I Fucking Did It
Chpt 38: Goodbye Hawkins, Hello Nowhere
Season 4!
Chpt 39: The Therapist
Chpt 40: Rink-O-Mania
Chpt 41: The Monster
Chpt 42: Dr. Owens
Chpt 43: Its A Long Story
Chpt 44: Distance
Chpt 45: Back To Forgetting
Chpt 46: Nightmares
Chpt 47: The Creel House
Chpt 48: Vecnas Curse
Chpt 49: Our Last Summer
Chpt 50: Just Like Her Damn Father
Chpt 51: So Mordor It Is
Chpt 52: Our Song
Chpt 53: The Hard Truth
Chpt 54: Time Travel Shit
Chpt 55: Trust
Chpt 56: Death Day
Chpt 57: Pyschos And Ghosts
Chpt 58: Lock The Door

Chpt 20: The Lab And The Dogs

4.8K 148 63
By floraswp

Steve slowly made his way out of the bus as he swung the bat around. "Come here buddy" he said with a whistle. There was low grumbling in the distance.

"What's he doing?!" Max exclaimed. "Expanding the menu" Dustin said. My heart dropped. "Come here buddy. Dinner time. Human tastes better than cat" Steve called out.

"He's insane." "He's awesome" Dustin said with a huge smile. As the grumbling came closer and closer, Dart appeared through the mist.

He was exactly like the demogorgon but like a dog. He didn't stand on two legs like a human. He stood on four. He inched himself towards Steve.

"Steve watch out!" Lucas shouted from on top of the bus. "Little busy here!" Steve called out. "Two O clock! Two o clock!" Lucas screamed.

I looked out the other window and saw three more demogorgan like dogs coming towards him. Steve was surrounded. "Hold this. I'll be right back" i said throwing Dustin the lighter as i grabbed the gun.

One of the demogorgons launched at Steve as he swung as hard as he could at it. I reloaded the gun and aimed for the other three circling him. I missed the first shot. Two of them began running towards me.

My next shot skimmed one of the dogs legs which caused it to shriek in pain. Finally, i aimed right at one of the dogs heads, and the bullet went right through its skull. It fell to the ground as i looked to Steve, who was still fighting Dart off.

"Abort! Run! Hurry!" the kids all called out. "Steve go!" i shouted. Steve hit the creature one last time before running back to the bus.

I began running towards the bus until i felt a sharp pain in my leg. The lizard dog that i had skimmed had it's teeth dug into my leg. I screamed in pain as i looked to the bus.

"Joy!" Steve called out. He began running towards me but another lizard got in his way as it tired to make its way into the bus. I reached for my gun as the creature was pulling on my leg.

I could not pull myself any further. I looked around for anything i could use to kill it. Suddenly, i saw the metal pole Steve had brought laying on the ground.

I must have put it there when we were barricading up the bus. I used all my strength to crawl towards it. I inched my fingers towards the pole until i finally reached it.

Once i had it firmly in my grip, i shoved the pole right in the centre of the monster. It finally let go of my leg as it shrieked. I continued stabbing the creature with the pole until it stopped moving.

Maybe this pole was a better weapon than i thought.

I looked to the bus where the kids were all screaming and Steve was still trying to fight off another lizard dog. I tried to move and help them but i couldn't walk.

Suddenly, all the dogs surrounding us began howling. They all ran off in the same direction. Everyone was frozen with shock for a moment. That moment didn't last long. I felt the pain shooting up and down my leg as i pulled up my jeans.

I saw two deep bite marks in my leg. There was blood everywhere. I began screaming at the pain and how bad it looked.

"Joy, Joy, what happened? What's wrong?" Steve said as he held my face and pushed back my hair. "My leg! It's my leg!" i screamed. Steve slowly lifted up my pant leg as he saw all the blood.

Lucas, Max and Dustin began running over. "Oh god" Dustin said covering his mouth. "Okay, okay... Em... I need... I need something to cover it. Jesus, give me something to cover it with!" Steve shouted at them all.

Lucas quickly took his bandana off his head and handed it to Steve. "Okay, Joy, this is going to hurt okay. Just, i need to stop the bleeding" he said.

I didn't listen. I was still screaming. Steve tightened the bandana around my ankle which caused me to scream louder.

"I'm sorry. Jesus" Steve mumbled. Once he had tightened it, i grabbed onto him and dug my fingernails into his shoulder. He winced but let me hold him.

After a long silence, Max coughed. "Where did they all go?" she asked. "Maybe Steve and Joy scared them off?" Lucas suggested.

"No...no, they're going home" i said pointing at the lab. They all turned around as a loud shriek could be heard in the distance.

"We have to go" i said trying to stand up. As i stood up, i quickly fell as i winced in pain. "No, we're not going anywhere. We need to get you to a hospital" Steve said.

"No, we need to go to the lab. There's people in there. We have to warn them" i said. Steve shook his head. "No!" he exclaimed. I glared at him as i put out my hand to help me up.

Steve groaned as he rolled his eyes. He took my hand as i put my arm over his shoulder. "We ready?" i said. We all began walking towards the lab as i leaned on Steve and limped.

As we made our way there, Dustin was trying to catch Lucas and Max up on how this all came to be. I didn't say much as we walked. I think i was still shocked over what had happened.

Steve asked me if i was okay once or twice but other than that, i was just quiet. "Your sure that was Dart?" Lucas asked. "Positive. He has the same yellow mark on his butt."

"But he was tiny like to days ago" Max said chiming in. "Well, he's molted  three times already" Dustin said. "Molted?" Steve questioned. "Molted. Shed his skin to make room for more growth. Like hornworms."

"When's he going to molt again?" Max asked. "It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it" Dustin said with a sigh.  "Yeah, then he's gonna eat more than just cats" Steve said.

"Wait, cat? Dart ate a cat?!" Lucas exclaimed as he stopped us. "No, what? No?" Dustin said. "What are you talking about he ate Mews?" i said. "Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked.

"Its Dustins cat" Steve said. "Guys!" Dustin yelled. "I knew it! You kept him" Lucas shouted. "No! No... He missed me, alright? He wanted to come home" Dustin mumbled.

"Bullshit!" Lucas exclaimed. I rolled my eyes as they continued bickering. As i was trying to ignore Lucas and Dustin, Steve was staring off into the distance.

"What?" i asked. He began waking towards the direction he was looking as i lent on his shoulder. "Hey guys" Steve called out. They didn't listen.

"Guys!" Steve shouted causing them to shut up. A loud shriek echoed through the woods. It came from where Steve was looking at.

We all began walking towards the sound. "No guys why are you walking towards the sound!" Max exclaimed as she reluctantly followed us.

We walked to the edge of the woods which looked upon the whole of Hawkins. "I don't see them" Dustin said. Lucas took out his binoculars and looked around.

"Joy was right. It's the lab. They were going back home" Lucas said. Steve gave me a worried look. We all reluctantly went down the hill towards the lab.

As we finally got near the lab, we noticed flashlights in the distance. "What if it's the bad men?" Dustin questioned. "Then Joy will beat the shit out of them with that pole" Max said.

We walked towards the flashlights and heard someone shout "Hello? Who's there?". We walked quickly towards the voices to see Nancy and Johnathan.

"Steve?!" they both exclaimed. "Nancy?" Steve called out. "Johnathan!" Dustin said. "What are you doing here? Joy! What the hell happened?!" Nancy exclaimed as she saw me in my state.

"Long story. What are you doing here?" i asked. "We're looking for Mike and Will. We think they're with Joys dad" "They're not in there are they?" Dustin questioned. "We're not sure... Why?" Johnathan asked.

A loud screech came from the lab. "I told you" i mumbled as i looked at Steve. He gave me a worried look as i felt him hold onto me tighter.

"We have to help them. How do we get this gate open?" i asked. "The control for the gate is there but the powers out" Johnathan said pointing at the small controls shed.

Steve carried me towards it as we tried pushing all the buttons. "Jesus come on!" i said slamming down on the open button. "That's not going to work!" Dustin shouted. "It might!" i shouted back as i kept slamming on the open button.

"Hey, the powers back" Nancy said pointing at the lab. All the lights had come back on. "Told you" i mumbled. But, even though the power was back, the button still wasn't working.

"The real control room is in the lab. This is just for security. They need to turn on all the power inside" Lucas said. "And how do they do that?" Johnathan asked.

"They need someone who knows BASIC" Dustin said chiming in. "What is BASIC?" i questioned. "It's a computer programming language. It takes years to learn. You know, Joyce's boyfriend uses it. It's like-" "I don't care what it's like! We need to get the gate open now!" i shouted.

They all went quiet. I sat down on the stool and put my head in my hands. "We'll get them out okay, just... We have to wait" Steve said.

"We can't wait Steve! Those... Things, are in there! My dad is in there! Will and Joyce and Mike are in there" i shouted trying to stand up but fell as i tried.

I fell back onto the chair and hit the button one more time. "Jo listen" Steve said grabbing my shoulders. "We will get them out" he said. I nodded my head slowly.

"Okay, you dips shits are smart, what do we do?" Steve asked the kids. They all began talking until we heard a car swerve from inside the gate. Steve grabbed me and helped me up.

We saw two cars speeding towards the gate as they began honking. The first car burst through the gate as the second car stopped in front of us. I took a deep sigh of relief as i saw Hopper roll down the window.

"Let's go!" he said as we all scrambled into the car. When we all got in the car, he sped off. I crawled from the back of the car and hugged the back of the seat. Hopper kissed my hand as he continued driving. "I thought you were dead. I thought those things got you" i said with a shaky voice.

"I'm right here kid. I'm right here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 177 15
Jim Hopper's niece, Delilah Hopper, moved to Hawkins after her parents died in a fire. Delilah was sent to live with Hopper after the accident and sh...
75 0 15
Steve Harrington and Olivia Henderson have been the best of friends since they could remember. It was a coincidence, really. They got put in the same...
30.8K 997 36
*SLOW UPDATES* "Don't you know? Boys and girls can be friends. That's all Steve and I are. Friends." 〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ Y/N Henderson. Need I say mor...
380K 7.7K 27
Elizabeth Harrington is the great Steve Harrington's little sister. Growing up, Liz didn't have much of a parent figure, with her father being a grad...