Sincerely, Aishatu✅

By Ferdeausee_

Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved. Aisha Nasir doesn't want much in life. She has loving parents, a drea... More

Author's Note.
Characters.
1; Dr. Aisha Nasir Al-Sayed.
2; A Long Night.
3; Dr. Aslam Muhammad.
4; Blabbermouth.
5; Doctor Stranger.
6; Upholding Legacy.
7; Do You?
8; Trust Me.
9; No Tears.
10; F-R-I-E-N-D-S.
11; White Roses.
12; Hajiya Babba.
13; Superwoman Aisha.
14; Family Issues.
15; Second Thoughts.
16; Scrubs and Hermes On.
17; Dos Oruguitas.
18; Damn You Abdallah!
19; Moment of Bliss.
20; Someone Like You.
21; Behind The Mask.
22; Say Yes.
23; Underlying Condition.
24; Acceptance.
25; Shit Got Real.
26; New Chairperson.
27; Trust & Inquiries.
28; And Then They Met.
29; Love & Pepsi.
30; J For Jealousy.
31; Chairlady Taslim.
32; Partners...again?!
33; Sooner or Later.
34; Confession.
35; Open-Heart.
37; Seal The Deal.
38; Meant To Be.
39; Wedding Bells!
40; #AAforever.
41; Love In Cairo.
42; Alias Alex.
43; Brew Storms.
44; Getaway To Alexandria.
45; Atomic Bombs.
46; Romeo Meets Rose.
47; Amor Joven.
48; Mea Culpa.
49; Beautiful Beginnings.
50; Epilogue: Sincerely, Aishatu.
Final Author's Note And Notice Of Removal
Xoxo, Jannah.

36; The Talk.

1K 272 135
By Ferdeausee_

THE SURGERY TOOK seven hours because it was more complicated than the two expected. Aisha did get scared at one point, but she held herself together and they were both able to do their jobs right.

By the time they were done it was 6pm and that's usually when Aisha goes home. So, after the surgery, she and Aslam parted their ways since he needed to go and pray while she needed to head home. They didn't talk much then, aside from bidding each other farewell on a good, though exhausted note, and went their separate ways.

When Aisha stopped by her office, there was no sign of Jannah there so she could only assume the girl didn't return after what happened. She wasn't that worried though, for she was too worn out and all she wanted to do was head back home, pray and sink in her bed after getting something to eat.

In that position, she doubts she would even have the strength to eat. She can simply munch on some junk food in her room-fingers crossed Mommy won't get her. The woman hates it when she eats food in her bed, for obvious reasons.

She managed to get in her car and drive herself home. Luckily, she didn't run into anyone probably because they are in their rooms. Besides, it's just her, Mommy and Abba. The maids don't stay for that long unless there's something going on. And Hajiya luckily hasn't been coming for a while so they haven't faced the old woman's drama for a while.

Once she reached her room, she managed to drag herself to the en suite and took a well needed shower-mindful of the time so she won't miss Magrib prayer. When she was done, she wore her nightwear and prayed first before she headed downstairs to look for something to it. Somehow, after taking a shower, she had washed away half the exhaustion so she didn't mind going down to eat.

It wasn't until after she had eaten the food she found in the kitchen and was washing the plate when she heard footsteps approaching her. She turned around slightly, looking over her shoulder. A smile instantly took over her features, "Mommy na"

"Aisha, andawo lafiya?" Mommy asked, her lips stretched into a smile.

Noticing the tray in Mommy's hands, Aisha hastily placed the now washed and dried plate aside and closed the distance between her and Mommy, taking it from her. "Alhamdullilah" She kept the tray aside.

Mommy placed a hand on the counter, leaning on it slightly. "Judging from how long you took; I guess you've resumed work. Right?" She didn't miss the way Aisha's smile widened when she said that, it's obvious what her answer is.

Aisha nodded, "Yes, Mommy. I've resumed work"

"Toh Masha Allah, Alhamdllilah" Mommy moved away from the counter and walked towards Aisha, before wrapping an arm around her daughter. "I'm glad you've worked out whatever problem it is you had" She said softly, making the girl look at her with slightly wide eyes.

Aisha hadn't told anyone what was going on with her at work. But, she should've realized Mommy will realize there's something wrong with her because she had never spent that long without going to work. Besides, with the way she has been cooping herself up in her room looking all depressed and whatnot. Aside from that, even with Jannah staying in their house, the girl wasn't as active as jovial as she usually is when they are together.

It's obvious something was wrong with her, and since she didn't Hajiya Asiya about it, the woman decided to not say a thing about it either. Aisha is old enough to handle her own problems, and if she decides to keep it to herself, not wanting to worry them, then she would trust she will handle it on her own.

Aisha didn't bother to deny it. Instead, her smile widened. "I did. Luckily, there are still good people in the world"

"There are. After all, not everyone's a rotten apple"

"You're right, Mummy"

"Toh, that aside. I forgot to tell you, your father is looking for you"

Aisha pulled away from the embrace, her brows drawn in slightly. "Abba? Is he in his study room?"

Mommy bobbed her head, "Yes. Kije kafin yace mun tsaya surutun mu"

Aisha chuckled lightly. Abba is always saying when the two are together and talking about something, they will take hours because none of them would stop talking. According to him, if you are waiting for either of them, and you see them discussing something, then just walk away because they won't stop any time soon.

It's their thing.

"Allah sa lafiya dai" There's hardly a time when Abba calls her and it's not a good thing. She can't remember a time something like that happened. It's always good news, but there's no harm in praying for it to remain that way because you never know.

"It seems like something serious but don't worry. It's nothing to sweat over" Mommy obviously know what it's about because Abba had told her everything. But, she can't exactly tell Aisha that. All she can do is give her a heads-up for now.

Aisha gave her a wary look, seeing the look on the look on her face. There was this weird smile, a knowing one that had Aisha knowing something is obviously on and the woman is well aware. "Mommy--"

"Just go, kafin yayi magana" Mommy literally pushed her out of the kitchen, not wanting to be put in a spot where she will have to tell the girl the truth. She's normally good at keeping secrets, but when Aisha puts her under pressure to admit the truth then she's pretty much a weakling in that aspect. She will end up running her mouth, disclosing the information she shouldn't be the one to deliver.

Aisha blew out a small breath, shaking her head as she decided to let Mommy be and get her answers from Abba instead. At the very least, she won't be in suspense for long. So, taking the stairs, she prayed inwards that there's nothing wrong as Mommy said and whatever he will tell her with be khair.

When she reached the study room, she knocked on it and almost immediately, his voice came telling her to come in. She pushed the door with a salaam, her lips stretching into a warm smile when she spotted him sitting on one of the sofas in the room, his phone in his hand and his glasses perched on the crook of his nose.

He looked up, offering her a smile of his own as she walked towards him, taking the spot opposite him carpet. "Ina wuni, Abba" She greeted.

"Alhamdulillah, Aishatu. Ya aikin? Your mother said you went back today. I hope everything is alright now"

She nodded, looking down. "Eh, Abba. Everything is fine now, alhamdullilah"

"Toh masha Allah. Hakan muke son ji" He blew out a breath of relief. Keeping his phone aside, he rested his arms on his thighs, leaning forward slightly as his voice softened. "Aisha you know if there's anything bothering you, anything at all ko yaushe ne, your mother and I are here for you, right? If you have a problem, tell us. Mu iyayen ki ne, and we will do whatever it is to help you"

She looked up, her eyes soft and filled with an inner glow. Her smile was genuine, telling from how it made her face lit up. She nodded, "Yes, Abba. I know you'll always be there me" She knows that well. They have always been there for her-not once treating her like a child they adopted. No, they considered and treated her like their own flesh and blood.

Abba's lips stretched into a small smile. "Then, if anything bothers you like that again. Please, tell us, okay? Your mother and I were both worried"

She was too caught up in her worries that she didn't even realize how affected they must've been. It must've worried them to see her in that state. The thought had her smile morphing into a frown, a crease forming in between her brows. "I'm sorry, Abba. I didn't think of that"

"No, don't apologize, kinji? I understand you didn't want to worry us but from now on, come to us. We're your family and we love you" He didn't know what it is that precisely bothered her, but he knew it must've been tough for her to handle it.

Since he never had a kid of his own, he considers her his own flesh and blood and he's sure his wife feels the same way. There's no one that can convince them otherwise.

Aisha swallowed thickly, as she felt a lump forming in her throat. If you had told her in the past she would have someone like Abba and Mummy in her life, then she would've labeled you a mentally unstable person or an animal that escaped the zoo. But there she is, knowing that this is where she belongs. She found herself nodding, blinking back the tears.

"I'll take your word for it" Abba offered her a warm smile, "Now that we're past that, it's not the only reason I called you here. There's another reason"

Aisha's frown deepened, as to how his tone took a turn to being a serious one. "Abba, what is it?"

He blew out a breath, "Aisha, do you know what the dream of every parent is?"

She blinked, having difficulty finding the right words to answer him. She didn't know what to say. She has a few guesses but those were only, well...guesses-nothing certain. So, she found herself shaking her head no.

"The dream of every parent is to see their kids grow up, and become good people. We want to see our kids get on their feet, and become the best versions of themselves-even better than we ever were" He paused, clasping his hands together. "Aisha I don't know if you feel the same way, but I'd like to believe your mother and I did our best to raise you, did we not?"

Her expression softened. "You did, Abba. You two did everything for me and I couldn't be more grateful"

Abba offered her a warm smile. "You're all grown up now, and you have a decent job. Aisha you're no longer a kid, so you should know this will come up sooner or later. Your mother and I didn't say anything because we both know it's a matter of time. When the time comes, it will happen so there's no need to pressure you"

She wasn't stupid. Anyone who hears that will know what he is talking about.

Marriage.

The topic she was lucky to never have them mention before. But the day has come apparently, and she doubts there is anything that she can use to avoid it. What could she say though? It's not like she has any suitor, at least, not anyone she can bring forth as a husband.

"Aisha," Abba called out, seeing the look that took over her features. She looked worried, and scared. He didn't want her to feel that way though. "Someone came to ask for your hand in marriage"

Aisha's head shot up without thinking twice. Her eyes were wide as saucers, and her mouth hung open. Someone asked for her hand? What? Who could it be?

In the back of her mind, a tiny voice whispered a certain someone's name but she pushed it away, hoping it's not him. It's not like she's that upset with him, but it just can't be him.

Abba intertwined his fingers, before he continued. "He met me first two years ago, though it wasn't officially. But, he wanted me to know he's interested in you"

No. It can't be.

"Aisha"

"Na'am, Abba"

"How's your relationship with General Abd Al-Rasheed's eldest son?" If possible, her eyes widened even more if that was possible. "The doctor that you assisted to perform surgery on him. Aslam Muhammad?"

Aisha looked down, blowing out a shaky breath. She felt like a deer caught in headlight. What is she supposed to say? Their relationship is complicated, so there's no precise way to put it. But, Abba is asking, and it's not like she can choose to not answer. That will make her look guilty, when she has no reason to feel that way.

But, it still didn't make the situation any better.

"I...Uhm" She wiped her sweaty hands on the hijab she had thrown on earlier. She was suddenly nervous, and it showed by how she was unable to meet his gaze and is chewing her bottom lip. She then flickered her eyes close, taking in a deep breath which she released, choosing to be honest with him. "We get along well, but I haven't heard from him in two years, since he left. Until now that we met at work again" Technically, the first time she saw him again wasn't at work but she wouldn't count it since it was at work that they actually spoke and was cordial to one another. Or at least, she was cordial with him.

Abba hummed, nodding slowly. He wanted to hear it from her, to see if Aslam did as he asked or he went against his wishes. However, hearing and seeing Aisha now, he knows she's being honest. "Do you know why you haven't heard him in two years?"

She blinked, resisting the urge to look up again as she shook her head. "No, Abba"

"I asked him to stay away from you"

Forget keeping her head down, she couldn't do that again. Abba is simply dropping shocking news from every angle. What does he mean by he asked Aslam to stay away? Is she hearing him right? Why? She blinked repeatedly, her eyes widened as she stared at him.

Abba's lips stretched into a small smile. "Yes, Aisha. I asked him to stay away from you until he returns" He confessed. He has to be the one to do it anyway. "Aslam came to me two years ago, and I told him if he is serious about you, then he shouldn't make you wait on false hopes. If he is actually serious, then he should stay away and when he does return, certain of his decision with no qualms, hindrances and whatsoever, then he should come and see me again"

So, it wasn't Aslam's fault? She thought. Abba asked him to stay away and he was simply following orders. She understood why he couldn't tell her either, because well, what's the point. Would she even believe him?

No. that doesn't even matter anymore. What matters is that she had been mad at this all this while, when it wasn't even his fault. When he has a valid reason for his action.

Looking down, her shoulders slumped as her lips parted in realization. She suddenly felt bad for the way she had been treating the man when all this while, he was following her father's instruction.

She can't say she understand Abba's reason, but she understood he did what he thought is best for her as a father, and she's grateful for that.

"Aisha, his elders came to see me over the week" He yet again dropped another bombshell, but she should've seen his coming. When he said someone asked for her hand, and he brought up Aslam, she should've known he's the one. "They came to ask for your hand in marriage"

Aisha didn't know what to feel precisely. So many thoughts were going through her head that picking one to dwell on is impossible.

"I told him to come and see you here, first. I won't accept anything without your consent. He will come over, officially, as a suitor and you two will talk. Whatever decision we'll make as a family, will depend on you alone. Whatever you say goes, Aisha, for I will never force you into anything you don't want to. Yes, I believe Aslam is a good man, and I believe he can take care of you for I can see how he determined he is and how much he cares about you, else he wouldn't have returned after all this time. I believe he comes from a good family too, a respectable one whom I trust will take care, and accept you as their own. However, as I said, the ball is in your court. The decision lies solely on you, Aishatu, and I trust you'll make the right one"

~*~

Two short kdramas later, I'm back.

Sha, you should enjoy the updates because I'm starting a new, long kdrama today so I'm not promising an update till I'm done maybe.

Now, Aisha, the decision is yours. Stop being mad at Aslam please. But, sha I know my man can change your mind.

*Clears throat as Aisha glared at me* Sorry, he's our man till you agree to marry him. Even then, you'll have to share with us kawai haquri zakiyi.

Is anyone hearing wedding bells, or is it just me?

SHARE, SHARE, SHARE! Yes, share!!!

Alrice, buh bye.

Love, Jannah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1M 353K 78
As a Muslim girl, marriage is one of Safia's biggest dreams. All her life she kept herself pure for her faith and her future husband. Although having...
317K 16K 45
Anaya Khan is not an ordinary girl. She's sarcastic, confident, funny and amazing. She has a dream. A dream to become a good surgeon and to save live...
56.7K 2.7K 31
Rayne- She is a 28 year old vet. She loves animals and worked hard to open up her own practice. Part of the reason she spends so much time with anima...
101K 10K 26
Hello there, I'm Afrar Massoud and I am the only daughter of a billionaire. Afrar is one of Africa's best designers, she is also half Arab and extrem...