ONYIYE THAT GIRL

By Mbalezinhle90

Growing up in a very cold home facing trials and life and life threatening. Will Onyiye be ever out of that h... More

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL

214 33 0
By Mbalezinhle90

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 43

SISIPHO MAZIBUKO

She's reading through an article. She's not a person who buys newspapers but something in her pushed her into buying it.
"Lucas Holdings."
It's a new company dealing with construction. They are indeed of stuff. She browse through the vacancies…
Maybe she can apply to be a cleaner. Well it's a start. Two three of hoping and praying that Tazz passes by. Looks like he is still with the love of his life, Thandeka. The audacity of that girl sending her pictures of them naked in bed.
She has to do something with her life. Food is almost running out and she doesn't have a cent on her. It's been long since she was even online on any social media. Story of her life being broke. How will she even look for a job? Since the opening is today, she will walk to town. Her stomach, is still not that bad  - people cannot notice that she is pregnant. But down the line she will show – sooner or later.
She's ready and done. Now she will walk all the way to town. She's afraid to asks Onyiye for money. She doesn't want to take her kindness for granted. She has been nothing but good to her.

She steps out of the house after saying a prayer with her mother. She's carrying her bottle of water, towel and an umbrella. She tucks her handbag underneath her arm and takes a deep breath taking the way.
The sun is blazing hot - atleast she has an umbrella protecting her.
Maybe hiking will do. She is tired of walking and she feels a bit of pressure down there.
Her phone rings, she places the umbrella in-between her shoulder. She digs in her bag…
"Halo," she answers without checking the caller. With the sunshine blazing, she’s unable to see the screen.
"Where are you? I can't hear you there's noise in the background." Why is screaming because she can hear her perfectly fine.
"I'm walking to town."
"Walking? Why?"
"I don't money for transport. Look we will talk later." She drops the line and continues to hike. Onyiye can shout some other time. Right now she needs this job.
A Toyota Van parks metres away and reverses towards her direction. She closes her umbrella and widely smiles. Atleast she will be getting a lift. Now, the problem will be when she goes back home.
"Miss, why are you hiking in such a dangerous place?" Asks a coloured man.
"When you're desperate, you don't see danger."
"Where are you going?"
"Town, there's a new business in town…"
"Let me guess, you are looking for a job?"
"Yes." She laughs a bit. "Times are tough Buti. I need a job, I'm pregnant and… Sorry I didn't mean to brag about my troubled life."
"It's okay, get in. I think I know where you are going."
Without wasting anymore time, she hops in the front seat. She wipes her feet with the towel she had and leans back taking a deep breath.
"Thank you." The man doesn't respond. Rather he smiles and nods his head.

He drives through the buildings and parks infront of the huge construction company.
"Wow," she exclaims stepping out. She stands beside the car with the door wide open. "I hope they take me." She adds.
"What qualifications do you have?" He asks.
"Matric. If I had the power I would have studied further. Thank you for the lift sir."
"Sir is a bit extreme don't you think."
They both laugh.
"I don't know your name."
"Woman, you should have asked me the time you entered my car!." He says stepping out of the car also. She closes the door laughing.
"Okay sir, what is your name?"
"Too late woman. Good luck on your job hunting." He winks at her and walks towards the entrance leaving her behind. With her aching feet she follows shortly.
She enters and find other candidates standing I  a queue.
"Halo, are you last in line?"
"Yes,"
Sisipho nods her head and stands behind the girl.
Her stomach is grumbling - it's like there is a hole in her stomach.
She takes out her lunch box - white bread with Rama spread on it. It's just only crusts...
She chews one after another trying to hide her shame. She takes out the bottle of water and gulps it down without stopping.
Atleast there is something in her stomach. She turns to look to the left and finds the man looking at her. She smiles embarrassed... Obviously he saw!

You know the happiness of being told that you got the job no interview required. Maybe the owner saw her that desperate and she seriously needed this job. Her phone rings...
"Mntase,"
"Where are you?"
"I went to look for a job in town. I found something. It's not much but it's a start. "
"I'm happy for you. You said something about walking to town. Did you really..."
"Ow that, no I didn't. I got a lift." She lies. She's too ashamed to share her experience for today.
"Okay, I will send you something. I know you pride will not allow you to tell me."
The line goes dead. She sighs - hunger, tiredness is all in her.
Her phone pings - a notification. R1,700. She wants to scream so damn loud. She hurries her legs towards the gate. She is going to withdraw and buy some food!
A car from behind - it's that very same van...
"Don't tell me you are about to go hike again?" Is that a historical question.
She lightly laughs. "No, my sister just sent me money, so I'm going to town to withdraw."
"Okay, hop in I'll lave you in town." She hops in and smiles in relief. She wasn't about to walk back to town, again!
"So, sir where are you from?" She asks trying to make a conversation.
"From Durban. My father decided to grow the business this side."
"Wow, I'm lucky to be part of the business sir."
"This sir is making me look old. Call me Gerald."
"Weeee, your name is complicated." She laughs making him to laugh.
"You can call me G or even better Lucas - that's my last name by the way."
"I'm Sisipho." She smiles.
"Nice to meet you miss hiker." She hits his shoulder lightly and smiles.

She's tired and cannot hide it.
She has withdrawn the money and bought a bucket of KFC. She needs to treat herself. White bread and a 2 litre Coke. The man here insisted on taking her home.
"Thank you sir...I mean G."
"Sure thing."
"Sounds so weird to call my boss by his name." She's popping fried chips in her mouth.
"You will get used to it. But at work we are professional. Outside work, you can call me G."
"I agree with you."
She kept on directing him until they reach their destination.
"Thank you again."
"Tomorrow by 5:00 be ready. I will pick you up. I live near by."
"Yes sir." She steps out carefully holding he bucket of KFC. She tries grabbing the plastic but her hands are just too tired.
"Let me help you with those." He steps out and jogs towards the passengers side. He grabs the plastics and follow her behind.
"You live alone?"
"No, with my sick mother. My sister is in Durban."
He nods his head.
"So if you are not around, who takes are of her?"
"I ask my neighbour to check up on her from time to time. I pay her."
"I see." She opens the door and indeed she finds the neighbour inside.
"Ma," Sisipho greets.
"You are back?"
Her mother’s face is twisted on the side.
"Aunt, did mama have another episode?"
"Yes. Today was bad and I'm just glad you were not here to witness it."
"How bad was it?" She sinks down on the couch.  Just when she thought her mother was recovering.
"She will be fine. Just keep an eye on her. I suggest you call your aunt for help. I will not be around always to help you. Next week I'm going home for a few things."
"Thank you for your kind heart."
"Let me get going." The neighbour walks past Gerald who was scanning his eyes around.
"I think I should get going."
"Thank you so much. You really saved me a trip there." She wipes the tears.
"I'm glad I was there. Call me if you need me." He gives her his card and walks out.

Maybe she needs a friend right now, someone she can talk to. She can't always call Onyiye when she is indeed. But the fact that she is always there when she needs her - that is enough for her.

She takes her phone out and scrolls through her WhatsApp list. She bought data and thanks to her sister.
"Thank you mntaka mah. You really helped me."
"Don't ever do what you did. You risked alot!"
Okay she's mad. She's still at it. She smiles emotionally - she cares.
"I promise not to do it ever again."
"Good." She logs off. She continues to scroll through, she comes across Tazz's numbers and she notices that she has been blocked. She smiles shaking her head.
"Once upon a time." She has totally forgotten about him. She deletes his numbers and texts. She remembers inviting him on Facebook.
She unfriends him, looks like him and Thandeka are on it and they look happy. She is happy for them but she wonders...she doesn't want to sound as a bitter person. Her life is about to take a drastic turn right now.

From her bedroom she hears her mother chokes. Maybe she was trying to drink water. She gets off the bed and pushes her body to her mother's bedroom. Midday, she prefers to be left in the dinning room so that she could watch television and at night she prefers her bedroom.
She's looking at her mother with all of her eyes popped out. She's way too cold and she finds it scary. She's pacing up and down running out of options. Tazz, yes. She should call him and ask for help but her mind stops her. She deleted his numbers anyways.
She scratches her head running out of options. A knock on the door has her groaning. Her tears are running non-stop. She runs to the door, maybe this person might be of great help.  She opens the door and frowns looking at the man’s face.
"Are you okay?"
"No, my mother..." She can't hold it in. She sobs loudly. He pulls her towards his chest and hugs her tightly.
"What is it?"
"I think...she can't die and leave me behind. She cannot do this to me." She says in-between the hiccups.
"Where is your mother. You know what, take me to her."

He is driving like a maniac to the hospital. She can't afford these expensive doctors.
"I can't take her here. It's too expensive."
Private hospital!
"It's on me. Don't worry."
"But..."
"No buts. Help me." He hurries out of the car with Sisipho jumping out. From the parking lot he spots a wheelchair. He runs that direction and comes with.
"Help her sit." As heavy as she is they managed to drag her out of the car.
He wheels her inside the hospital. The nurses rush towards their direction and attended to her immediately.
"She's stable for now. We will keep her for observations and once she is fully healed she shall be discharged. For now, your mother is in good hands.
"What happened to her?"
"Her system was shutting down but luckily you brought her right in time. She needs a close eye."

Driving out of the hospital, leaving her mother behind has her heart aching in pain. Yes, she wasn't the best mother in the world but she was always there for her. She informed Onyiye and she promised to come by some time around this week and for that - she is very much appreciative.
He parks the car outside...
"I forgot my house keys. I don't know how I dropped them but I managed to spot them on top of the table. Incase you were wondering why I’m here.
"My mind is just deep in thinking. That was the last thing on my mind."
"Did you leave the door open?"
"No, why?"
She looks closely and notices a shadow standing by the kitchen.
"There's someone in here. Stay behind." He steps out and tip toes towards the house. He sneaks in and finds a huge man standing in the kitchen digging in the pots. The man gets startled and jumps out of the broken window. He tries going after him but the giant was ten times faster than him. He pants taking his legs towards the car.
"He broke in through the window. It's not safe here. Gather your stuffs you will live in my house until it's safer."
"But I can't leave my mother's house just like that. I don't know you. What if you want my body parts?" Her heart is drumming against her chest.
"And you prefer to be unsafe? What if that man comes back? What if there are too many of them and they are hiding somewhere? Gather your stuff. You will come clean tomorrow afternoon."

Going to an unfamiliar place, house makes her body cringe. She feels... somewhat cheap.
"Your house is beautiful." She has her bag pressed against her chest.
"Thanks. Lets go inside. It's cold."
He opens the house door for her and they hear the sound of breaking things.
"Someone is here." She whispers standing behind him.
"That's my mother, Precious."
Great just great. Now she's about to meet a mad woman who is about to break her.
They bother walk in and they find her leaning against the counter.
"Mah, what are you doing here?"
"I came to see my son. Is that a crime? I tried cooking for you. Guess I’m tired.”
She stands up straight and looks up.
"Who's this?"
"Sisipho. She..."
"Your girlfriend. Okay boyfriend and girlfriend I'm off to bed. G..."
"Mah,"
"Use protection!" She screams going up the steps. He sighs placing his hands on his waist. Something falling from the wooden steps. He closes his eyes and groans biting his lip.
“Let me help my mother, I’m sure she fell. Please, can you clean this mess up." He looks at her with begging eyes.
"Okay," she puts her bag down - she bends over picking up the pieces of plates...

LINDIWE MAZIBUKO

Stepping out of the of the Myeza institution feels...she can't explain the feeling.
She smiles looking around. Three months ago was the toughest for her but she managed to overpower what she has been through. With the help of Mpilo, she managed to heal and finally let go of the past, let go of what was and focus on what will be.
Her body still hasn't recovered from the trauma. Her weight is still an issue and she just hope and prays that she will gain back he weight. Atleast she has money, Mpilo gave her more than enough. The gates opens...
Screaming...
"Sthuphethu!"
"What are you doing here?" She's surprised. She doesn't remember telling her that she will be out today.
"A Birdy told me that you will be out today."
"Mpilo and his big mouth. Wait, don't tell me you are the one driving." She's shocked.
"Yeap. Madam is now a driver."
"Seems like I missed out on alot." She hops in.

She decided to take her out for lunch and do some catching up.
"So, you and Mpilo had made it official?"
"As much as I may sound bad. Yes, we are back together again."
"Does he make you happy? Wena, emotionally are you okay?" She's is a concerned friend that, she understands.
"Yea I am. Just that the pasts months have been rough for me. I don't know if I'm ready to see his grave."
"Take all the time you want and need. Whatever you decide I am here for you."
"I know, sthuphethu Sami." They laugh.
"So, any gossip?"
"Another than me and Sisipho rekindling the sister relationship. There is non that I now of." Lindiwe shoot her eyes open.
"You lie!"
Onyiye explains how and what happened. Looking at her friends eyes - she can tell that she is definitely happy. She longed wanted to have a relationship with Sisipho and thankfully her prayers have been answered.
"I'm happy for you."

Later she dropped her off at Mpilo's place. She doesn't want to go to her place. To many memories that she want to bury. She knocks on the door multiple times. Seems like he is not at home. She has no other option but to go back to that one bedroom that she was avoiding. As she turns to leave the door opens. She frowns looking at a girl wearing his t-shirt. Her heart sinks but she wants to tell herself that she will not cry for a man.
"Hei, is Mpilo's in?" She asks trying to hide the hurt on her face. The girl looks at her from head to toes.
"What do you want from my man?" She folds her arms.
"Point of correction our man. Tell him I was here, I want us to pick up where we left off yesterday night. In-fact, every night." She turns to leave - leaving her fuming in anger. She hears the door being harshly shut. Guess Mpilo hasn't grown some balls. He can't take her happiness and later do this to her. She will hit him where it hurts the most.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.2K 2.8K 42
โš ๏ธŽ ๐„๐‘๐‘๐Ž๐‘ โš ๏ธŽ (OP Fem reader) 'What would happen if I destroyed the whole planet...' In Which - a girl who encountered an error, now remember her...
4.7K 237 26
She's Been abused all her life by her father , She Dont Really need more drama in her life... At All . Will Everything turn out right ? or will it a...
7.5K 233 26
Hannah has been through a lot since her mom's death, from being abused by her stepmother to getting beaten up at school by her bullies. What do u thi...
3.1K 27 17
She was changed as a child; hunted now. She never wanted to be captured or outed. Now, the world knows and her 'prince' draggs her to her 'real' hom...